Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? 12:24 - Mar 10 with 3135 viewsrossmediauk

So where are you at in terms of Town's finishing spot this season?

Listen to the latest KOA Fans social

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:30 - Mar 10 with 2567 viewsITFC_Forever

POs.

All those draws / refereeing decisions are going to cost us.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:31 - Mar 10 with 2558 viewsCheltenham_Blue

3rd Place for me. Unless Plym bottle it at some point.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:33 - Mar 10 with 2534 viewshoppy

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:31 - Mar 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

3rd Place for me. Unless Plym bottle it at some point.

That's where I'm at currently. We'll see what tomorrow brings - if positive results, then the hope is back on.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:35 - Mar 10 with 2522 viewsPioneerBlue

Based on Nov - mid Feb form, POs then up, it’s a legitimate route out of the league, firstly over two legs then a one off shooting match. I haven’t given up completely on the automatics but there are a lot of moving parts.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:37 - Mar 10 with 2511 viewstractordownsouth

I think the top six will all finish in the same positions they're currently in. The only unknown is whether Wycombe can sneak in ahead of Bolton or Derby.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:42 - Mar 10 with 2487 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Playoffs in my opinion - we’ve got some tough games coming up.

I’m fairly confident we can make the playoff final, we can beat any of those teams over two legs and we don’t lose many games. Final would be an absolute 50/50, albeit would expect us to be bookies favourite by a long way.
Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:48 - Mar 10 with 2446 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m in a mess over it, swinging between all scenarios pretty much daily.

Head: who knows, either are still possible
Heart: after the last 20 years of mediocrity, we’ve fked it again
Little voice in my head that most fans must have: we’re going to romp through into the automatic spots and smash it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:49 - Mar 10 with 2445 viewsIllinoisblue

I still think second is kinda sorta possible. But we’ll need a heck of a run to do it. So, playoff despair it is then.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:51 - Mar 10 with 2429 viewsDarth_Koont

Play-offs as it now looks. But the next month is massive.

If we can continue our form through the next half-a-dozen games (with maybe just 2-3 points dropped max) then we *should* maintain pressure on Plymouth and even Sheff Wed given they’ve got perhaps an even trickier task over the same period.

But this is our chance to make that statement and bring the heat. As the run-in after that doesn’t look difficult for any of the current top 3. If we haven’t closed the gap significantly before then we’ll be mentally at least preparing for the play-offs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:53 - Mar 10 with 2423 viewsChurchman

Third or fourth.

Sadly, our inability see see games out and grind out results when not playing so well will cost us. I hope I’m wrong.
Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:54 - Mar 10 with 2407 viewsChrisd

Play Offs. Wednesday and Plymouth's form continues to be very consistent. Lets be fair those two sides have generated the highest points totals in L1 over the last 15 months. Ironic if we beat Bolton in the Play Off semi and then beat Barnsley in the final......I'd take that!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 12:55]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 12:57 - Mar 10 with 2367 viewsbaxterbasics

Can't call it - I feel it's exactly a 50/50 probability either way. Two weeks ago I would have said 80% playoffs, but the last 4 games have reignited some hope.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:07 - Mar 10 with 2316 viewsLankHenners

You never know, Plymouth have a considerably easier fixture list now to the end of the season than we do but could bottle it under the pressure or we could really step it up and win almost every game to sneak past them.

This next run of tricky games will tell us where we're at a bit more. I criticised people for getting carried away with Derby's form because they beat a load of fodder then came unstuck against tougher teams so I can't get too comfy saying we're definitely back at it because we've done the same so far. Reckon we'll get through it alright but won't do enough to close the gap and we'll be like a dog chasing a car until it finally pulls away out of reach.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:07 - Mar 10 with 2308 viewsCoastalblue

Don't know why, but still feel top two. Been saying for some time that we'll finish above Plymouth and going to stick by that, what helps is that there is not so much fear with regards to playoffs, I think with the January additions we can and will beat anybody else in them.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:09 - Mar 10 with 2292 viewsArnieM

Play offs I’m afraid ..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:25 - Mar 10 with 2225 viewshomer_123

1st.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:29 - Mar 10 with 2185 viewsBiGDonnie

I still think we're going to get auto's. It'll be a two point gap come Saturday evening.

COYBs

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 2124 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'd accepted it was going to be in the play-offs after the Plymouth game at PR. That was our big chance to deal a blow to them and put real pressure on them, gain some real momentum. In the end, they came away with the momentum and I realised we simply weren't going to catch them.

Important now that we keep up this good form to ensure that we go into the play-offs with momentum.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:44 - Mar 10 with 2076 viewsDubtractor

Ask me at 5pm tomorrow. If we're 2 or 3 behind Plymouth then I'm all in on top top. If we're 5 or more behind then it's all over.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 13:50 - Mar 10 with 2045 viewsPinewoodblue

All we can do is put pressure on Plymouth by winning our games. If they finish ahead of us then they go up on merit.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 14:18 - Mar 10 with 1964 viewsberkstractorboy

PO. 3rd or maybe 4th (with Barnsley sneaking 3rd) I just think Plymouth are doing well and getting a little luck to help them along and we have too many tough games, most away.
Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 15:06 - Mar 10 with 1835 viewstextbackup

POs

And we’ll see what we are made of/how ready we are for them, when we play derby barnsley Bolton in coming weeks

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 15:29 - Mar 10 with 1754 viewsWhos_blue

I think play offs.
I was hoping we'd smash the title this year, but hope and reality are always different.
For me nothing less than the playoffs would have been acceptable, so while disappointed the top two may have gone, I'm still "happy" we're strongly in the play off places.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 15:55 - Mar 10 with 1692 viewsKropotkin123

I think there is a real chance we could do something similar to Aston Villa in 2018/19, where they won 10 in a row. I know we have some difficult games coming up, but the defense looks way more settled for some reason, after looking like it would concede against any opposition on any attack. We've rediscovered our intensity and urgency of play. The additions we've made have settled in very well. Luongo is making game-winning passes, Broadhead is scoring (4 goals, 2 assists, 573 mins). Hirst is playing the striker position well (and Ladapo has found an extra gear, maybe knowing he will play 60 or 30mins at higher intensity).

I think there is an outside chance we could wreck a team like Bolton, if they decide to toe-to-toe, and the fine margins go out way, which would give us a huge amount of confidence in this run.

With that said, we could bottle it. We shall see.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Head over heart? Will it be top two or play-offs for Town? on 16:44 - Mar 10 with 1534 viewsStewart27

Third.

My head has been saying that for a while.

My heart always has us in the top 2!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024