Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! 11:41 - Apr 11 with 1854 viewsunstableblue

Remember when all we could think of was Bart because the football had been so diabolical to watch?? Two season in a row wasn’t it?

Not anymore!

I actually think Burgess has been outstanding, and a shout to Wolfenden, he’s really come of age and is imperious at times.

Davis and Chaplin have been outstanding. Such contributions. Chaplin off field work also genuine and excellent.

But I think by a very fine margin I’d go Sam Morsy, our captain.

His level of performance and commitment has been ridiculous. He’s also a bit of unsung hero.

Vote Morsy, Vote leader

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:43 - Apr 11 with 1474 viewschicoazul

…..just don’t check his Twitter likes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:45 - Apr 11 with 1461 viewshoppy

Hadn't seen this when I just commented on the news story thread - yes, it's nice to have several valid options!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:45 - Apr 11 with 1458 viewstextbackup

Has to be Morsy doesn’t it. He’s been fantastic

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:45 - Apr 11 with 1459 viewsMetal_Hacker

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:43 - Apr 11 by chicoazul

…..just don’t check his Twitter likes.

Not sure if you understand Chico but the POTY votes are for his performances on the pitch NOT Twitter

Poll: If it were one or the other

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:46 - Apr 11 with 1442 viewsMetal_Hacker

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:45 - Apr 11 by textbackup

Has to be Morsy doesn’t it. He’s been fantastic

He has my vote

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:46 - Apr 11 with 1439 viewsbluefunk

Morsy all day long, intergral to the style we play, 100% committed to the team ethic, where would we be without him? Thankfully we haven’t had to find out.
Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:49 - Apr 11 with 1401 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d like to balance things up and go for Chappers. Morsy’s been great, but without someone to stick it in the back of the net it’d all be for nothing.

Leif, Chaplin or Morsy all worthy winners though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:51 - Apr 11 with 1389 viewsWhos_blue

For me this is very close between Morsy and Chappers. Two very different players playing very different roles. Chappers has the goals, but Morsy has dominated the centre of midfield and more impressive was his improved disiplinary approach when the ban was hovering over his head.
Just about edges it for me I think.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Login to get fewer ads

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:51 - Apr 11 with 1391 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Luke Chambers winning a protest vote and James Wilson just winning the award altogether highlight how poor it has been the last few years.

Morsy for me and Cam Burgess to win most improved! (The JD award!)

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:52 - Apr 11 with 1371 viewsTractorFrog

Honourable mentions to Leif Davis and Conor Chaplin who would be #2 and #3 for me, as well as Evans and Luongo who would be contenders had they done the full season and Burgess who has been very consistent.

But I agree that it has to be Morsy. Hasn't had a bad game all season.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 12:24 - Apr 11 with 1291 viewshomer_123

Perm one from the Egyptian King, Chappers or the bargain of the season left back.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 12:29 - Apr 11 with 1266 viewsTractorWood

Chappers. He's taken responsibility to score a lot.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 12:31 - Apr 11 with 1261 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:49 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

I’d like to balance things up and go for Chappers. Morsy’s been great, but without someone to stick it in the back of the net it’d all be for nothing.

Leif, Chaplin or Morsy all worthy winners though.

If you do Chappers, I'll do Leif.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 12:32 - Apr 11 with 1258 viewstractordownsouth

Davis
Chaplin
Morsy
Woolfenden
Burns

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:19 - Apr 11 with 1151 viewsunstableblue

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 12:32 - Apr 11 by tractordownsouth

Davis
Chaplin
Morsy
Woolfenden
Burns

Sorry but as much as I love Burns, his form has only really kicked in during this run of wins

His season before that was not up to his high standards

Clarke has been a part of driving Burns back into form

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:34 - Apr 11 with 1094 viewsHerbivore

Davis or Chappers for me. Morsy of course in the mix too but I have those two just shading him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:34 - Apr 11 with 1096 viewschicoazul

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 11:45 - Apr 11 by Metal_Hacker

Not sure if you understand Chico but the POTY votes are for his performances on the pitch NOT Twitter

OP says we should take “off field” into account too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:35 - Apr 11 with 1090 viewsleitrimblue

Been a lot if stand out performers this season but I'm still voting for Arnold Muhren
Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:37 - Apr 11 with 1072 viewsMetal_Hacker

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:34 - Apr 11 by chicoazul

OP says we should take “off field” into account too.

I think it relates more in terms of his community work which I believe you know that though Chico

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:53 - Apr 11 with 1006 viewsnodge_blue

Has to be Chaplin.

For his goals and all round general infectious love of football.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:57 - Apr 11 with 982 viewsrickw

I went Chaplin, without his goals we'd be trying to get into the play-offs...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 13:58 - Apr 11 with 974 viewsRobTheMonk

Morsy for me. Integral to how we play. Genuinely can't believe he's not playing at a higher level.
Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 14:13 - Apr 11 with 924 viewsPhoenixBlue

This is really hard with so many great players this season but it just has to be Morsy for me, the remarkable, relentless engine of our brilliant team.

Should post this elsewhere but off out now so:

Hearing Morsy's name always starts that old kid's song of 'Horsy, Horsy Don't You Stop' in my ear so added a little spin to it for him.

'Morsy, Morsy, he don't stop,
Just lets his feet go hippety hop,
We'll get our wish as he turns around
Hail, The Portman King is crowned!'

sorry....
Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 14:17 - Apr 11 with 901 viewsnoggin

Morsy for me.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Player of the year vote is really tough, which emphasises what a great season! on 14:49 - Apr 11 with 824 viewsRegencyBlue

Very tough call this season but I went for Chappers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024