Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more 23:01 - Apr 25 with 4417 viewsSE1blue

than late tackles and heated frustration was a wonderful illustration of how we’ve moved on.

Felt like a ghost was laid to rest there.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:08 - Apr 25 with 3771 viewsWicklowBlue

Nors was niggling all the way throught the game. Players like that will get away with a lot at this level. But we handled him well, he was blowing shortly into the second half.

His best opportunity was cutting into the box but couldn't find his team mate.

The difference between Nors and Hirst is night and day. Norwood will have a good career at L1/L2 better than a lot of professionals.
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:22 - Apr 25 with 3631 viewsBluecasp

I was actually disappointed when they took him off as he offered very little threat. Hirst is a proper player in comparison.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 23:22]
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:26 - Apr 25 with 3562 viewsSwansea_Blue

I enjoyed the 'we paid for your hair' post on here. I hope that was communicated by our fans in the ground.

He looked like a bang average lower league flat track bully tonight. Which is what he is (although can be effective at this level, and he wasn't to blame for any of our averageness while he was here). It was no contest between him and Woolfy though, who just oozed class. If Woolf can step up a tiny bit more physically he can be a quality player following in the footsteps of the likes of Mings imo. A real Rolls Royce of a player - he made tonight look easy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:35 - Apr 25 with 3485 viewsGarv

He was good for us when fit, he ran more than anyone and I'd argue he was our best player for two seasons.

But you're absolutely right.

How McKenna and the club have built this squad and how they've used it has been unbelievably good.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:49 - Apr 25 with 3362 viewsJimmy86

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:26 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

I enjoyed the 'we paid for your hair' post on here. I hope that was communicated by our fans in the ground.

He looked like a bang average lower league flat track bully tonight. Which is what he is (although can be effective at this level, and he wasn't to blame for any of our averageness while he was here). It was no contest between him and Woolfy though, who just oozed class. If Woolf can step up a tiny bit more physically he can be a quality player following in the footsteps of the likes of Mings imo. A real Rolls Royce of a player - he made tonight look easy.

Apart from the time Nors outmuscled Woolfie and left him on his backside and put in a dangerous cross into the box with the outside of his foot...

Don't get the hate for Norwood, personally... I liked him at town and supposedly McKenna was keen to keep him on, but was told from higher up he couldn't... That was the rumour anyway... Nors would have scored goals in this town team, had he been kept on too, let's have it right...
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:50 - Apr 25 with 3355 viewsMVBlue

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:26 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Woolfy always been reliable on FIFA. Versus Liverpool or any team.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:53 - Apr 25 with 3339 viewsArnieM

How come this pub level player never got a booking for his deliberate, calculated flooring of Davis? It was was a deliberate assault, and he had no intention of playing the ball . To me that was red card all day long. Dirty bas tard

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 00:08 - Apr 26 with 3246 viewstractorboy1978

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:49 - Apr 25 by Jimmy86

Apart from the time Nors outmuscled Woolfie and left him on his backside and put in a dangerous cross into the box with the outside of his foot...

Don't get the hate for Norwood, personally... I liked him at town and supposedly McKenna was keen to keep him on, but was told from higher up he couldn't... That was the rumour anyway... Nors would have scored goals in this town team, had he been kept on too, let's have it right...

He's a pound shop centre forward. Miles off the quality we have in this current squad and wouldn't even be on our bench.
Login to get fewer ads

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 04:32 - Apr 26 with 2972 viewsBondiBlue

He wouldn't last 45 minutes at the pace hirst was pressing tonight. 31, decent goalscoring record at lower league level but no experience at the level above, not fit enough to play the system, not exactly a consumate professional that fits the new club culture - not suprised the higher ups wanted to get rid.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 07:05 - Apr 26 with 2615 viewsWestcountryblue

3-4 years ago Norwood had that bit of zip that helped him hustle and get in behind or in front of defenders. I think given his age and well documented hamstring problems, he's a shadow of the player he once was, certainly during his Trammere days. He still has the hustle and bustle, but that's about it. We were right to move him on.
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 07:49 - Apr 26 with 2416 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Norwood, in this team, would have been the bad apple that the club are so worried about.

All about the 'Bantz' on social media not about the hard work he would need to do as an individual to get where we are, nor to have meaningful relationships with the community.

He and Gwion Edwards are welcome to each other.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 07:53 - Apr 26 with 2390 viewsHerbivore

He's a pub player and a massive tw@t.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:17 - Apr 26 with 2246 viewsExiled2Surrey

I mentioned it before the game, I thought Duff might go with Cole and Tedic - and I bet he now wishes he had
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:22 - Apr 26 with 2190 viewsEdwardStone

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 07:53 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

He's a pub player and a massive tw@t.

Indeed, never really right for our club

Although I do enjoy a beer in his pub on occasions

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/gloucestershire/norwood-arms/
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:24 - Apr 26 with 2175 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:22 - Apr 26 by EdwardStone

Indeed, never really right for our club

Although I do enjoy a beer in his pub on occasions

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/gloucestershire/norwood-arms/

It's half the pub it used to be....

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:36 - Apr 26 with 2089 viewsWickets

I'm pretty sure KM wanted to move away from Norwood but i do agree no need for the hate .
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:47 - Apr 26 with 1995 viewsEdwardStone

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:24 - Apr 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's half the pub it used to be....

Yes... it is a bit trashy/ supermarket kind of vibe

A Greene King attempt at 'Spoons

But the food is cheap and surprisingly good quality

And the Abbot Ale is very drinkable

It is a welcome stop-off after an away match in that direction
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:48 - Apr 26 with 1991 viewsIpswichKnight

An atypical L1 forward physical, annoying and a decent eye for goal. But does not fit into what we are looking for you have to be properly fit for us and be able to move up to Championship football.
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:49 - Apr 26 with 1984 viewsOldFart71

I don't necessarily go along with dissing previous players. we bought Norwwod because of his scoring record at his previous club. How many fans at that time said they didn't want him at our club ? The philosophy now for sourcing players is totally different to then. Obviously they have to fit into the style, but also what they do outside of football is important also. Over the years we have had quite a few who like the amber fluid and a few who have had problems with the nags. Whilst it's none of anyone's business what anyone does outside of their trade if it impacts on their job then it becomes a problem. Let us try to be a little more compassionate to other teams and previous players. Don't rise to being bated by them as a lot of jealousy seems to be the order of the day. Just enjoy our success.
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 08:55 - Apr 26 with 1927 viewsringwoodblue

At the time, I wasn’t sure getting rid of Nors was a good idea but seeing the quality of the team and the brand of football that McKenna and co have built now, it’s obvious that Nors is simply not capable of meeting that standard so I admit it was a very good decision to let him go. I think calling him a pub player is a bit unfair as he will fit the mold somewhere but not sure it’s Barnsley either.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 10:10]

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:12 - Apr 26 with 1823 viewsGlasgowBlue

Me in the pub before the game: “I hope our fans don’t wind up Norwood because it will fire him up even more and bite us in the bum like it dud with Will Keane last season”

Me one minute into the game. “Norwood, Norwood you’re a c**t. Norwood, you’re a c**t” “You fat bastard. You fat bastard””.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:18 - Apr 26 with 1778 viewsHerbivore

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:12 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Me in the pub before the game: “I hope our fans don’t wind up Norwood because it will fire him up even more and bite us in the bum like it dud with Will Keane last season”

Me one minute into the game. “Norwood, Norwood you’re a c**t. Norwood, you’re a c**t” “You fat bastard. You fat bastard””.

He deserved it for elbowing Leif in the face with his first 'contribution' to the game.

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:20 - Apr 26 with 1766 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:18 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

He deserved it for elbowing Leif in the face with his first 'contribution' to the game.

Yeah. Was amazed he didn’t get a minimum of a yellow.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:21 - Apr 26 with 1757 viewsibbleobble

A bit harsh. He created some of their best chances out of nothing.
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:24 - Apr 26 with 1748 viewsHerbivore

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:20 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. Was amazed he didn’t get a minimum of a yellow.

It was a yellow at least. Only thing that meant it might not be a red was that we was clever enough to more back in with his elbow up than give it the big swing. Have to say, thought defensively Leif was excellent last night and shows his character that he took a whack early doors and just got down to business. What a steal he's been.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024