Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Got Home 17:15 - May 7 with 4938 viewsMetal_Hacker

What an anti climax that was. Awful display but suppose it was expected.

Good to catch up with a few posters too

Safe travels Glasgow Blue (hope you made it to the toilet in time )

Championship here we come !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Just Got Home on 18:21 - May 7 with 4434 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see you as well mate. Made the loo just in time . Also good to see Texters in Spoons pre match.

Completely agree that it was an anti climax. Just too many players not anywhere near their best and the discipline was piss poor as well. Would have been nice to hit that 100 point goal but at least we are up and can look forward to visiting some decent sized grounds next season.

Can't wait.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just Got Home on 19:52 - May 7 with 4256 viewsMeadowlark

It wasn't awful.
Just Got Home on 20:07 - May 7 with 4171 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just Got Home on 19:52 - May 7 by Meadowlark

It wasn't awful.

Can’t say it was much better than awful compared to the last 6-8 weeks but I did say as expected

Bothered really …. Season is done and we’re up

No drama here

Poll: If it were one or the other

Just Got Home on 20:25 - May 7 with 4074 viewsitfcpaul

Just Got Home on 19:52 - May 7 by Meadowlark

It wasn't awful.

It certainly was awful, not sure what you were watching if you thought it wasnt

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Just Got Home on 21:53 - May 7 with 3874 viewsITFC_Forever

It wasn’t awful, I’ve seen far worse many times.

We were trying to do the right things, but we were missing some of our usual intensity, not sure if that’s because Morsy was missing, we knew the job was done or the season (and the monumental efforts of the last couple of months) catching up with us or a combination of all three.

90% of the fans were hungover from a night out in Blackpool or knackered after leaving Ipswich in the middle of the night.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just Got Home on 22:06 - May 7 with 3831 viewsSomethingBlue

Not sure why anyone would have expected anything different. We were on the lash half the week. We did the job. The rest wasn't important. We stood up spectacularly from mid-February, when it was needed, and nothing that happened today remotely mattered.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Just Got Home on 22:19 - May 7 with 3722 viewspointofblue

Just Got Home on 22:06 - May 7 by SomethingBlue

Not sure why anyone would have expected anything different. We were on the lash half the week. We did the job. The rest wasn't important. We stood up spectacularly from mid-February, when it was needed, and nothing that happened today remotely mattered.

If we were on the lash for half the week then our professionalism and pride let us down at the last.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just Got Home on 22:35 - May 7 with 3653 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Just Got Home on 22:19 - May 7 by pointofblue

If we were on the lash for half the week then our professionalism and pride let us down at the last.

I don’t feel let down, quite the opposite.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Got Home on 22:39 - May 7 with 3631 viewsSomethingBlue

Honestly, I'd have let them off pretty much anything. And if we have to get into it, it's an away draw with a decent mid-table side. There's just nothing for anyone to worry about, what a fantastic season and what a brilliant team.

Just Got Home on 22:40 - May 7 with 3601 viewspointofblue

Just Got Home on 22:39 - May 7 by SomethingBlue

Honestly, I'd have let them off pretty much anything. And if we have to get into it, it's an away draw with a decent mid-table side. There's just nothing for anyone to worry about, what a fantastic season and what a brilliant team.

They could go out on lash now, after the season is done. Not spend half the week on it before the final game - if true.

Just Got Home on 22:46 - May 7 with 3550 viewsSomethingBlue

Just Got Home on 22:40 - May 7 by pointofblue

They could go out on lash now, after the season is done. Not spend half the week on it before the final game - if true.

I'm not talking in specifics but it's clearly documented that a lot of the guys had fun for a couple of days. Massively deserved, they've put together a run whose like none of us have ever seen and last Saturday they gave us a day and night many of us had never experienced or thought we might never experience again. I'll forgive them an up and down week's preparation and a draw at a tricky venue to round things off!
[Post edited 7 May 2023 22:46]

Just Got Home on 22:48 - May 7 with 3509 viewsJ2BLUE

Tel that to every team who has ever got promoted

It's been a great season. A few days to celebrate and chill out was very much deserved.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just Got Home on 22:51 - May 7 with 3477 viewsChurchman

I think this falls under ‘I’ve had nothing to complain about for months and here’s my chance’.

They’ve achieved what they set out to do in spectacular fashion. Do you agree that four goals conceded since 11 Feb, a boatload of wins and four defeats all season, 98 points, 101 goals is about as good as it gets? Yes or no?

Give them a break.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 22:55]
Just Got Home on 22:52 - May 7 with 3470 viewsCoastalblue

I don't begrudge them it at all, months ofoperating in a pressure cooker atmosphere at 100% intensity to achieve the result that we and they craved last week. The massive outpouring of emotion, the feelings of a job done, the dinner that probably reignited it all, I think they deserved it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Just Got Home on 22:53 - May 7 with 3461 viewswaveneyblue

Just chill the hell out
Just Got Home on 23:03 - May 7 with 3400 viewspointofblue

Just Got Home on 22:52 - May 7 by Coastalblue

I don't begrudge them it at all, months ofoperating in a pressure cooker atmosphere at 100% intensity to achieve the result that we and they craved last week. The massive outpouring of emotion, the feelings of a job done, the dinner that probably reignited it all, I think they deserved it.

Wonder if the Plymouth players did the same thing?

Just Got Home on 23:19 - May 7 with 3294 viewsChurchman

Just Got Home on 23:03 - May 7 by pointofblue

Wonder if the Plymouth players did the same thing?

Wonder if Port Vale did the same thing? Wonder if Barnsley did the same thing? Wonder if Derby did the same thing. Unlike us, they lost.

The opposition has a right to play too sometimes and our team is never going to tear it up every week. Even Erling Haaland misses sometimes as yesterday proves.
Just Got Home on 23:24 - May 7 with 3271 viewspointofblue

Just Got Home on 23:19 - May 7 by Churchman

Wonder if Port Vale did the same thing? Wonder if Barnsley did the same thing? Wonder if Derby did the same thing. Unlike us, they lost.

The opposition has a right to play too sometimes and our team is never going to tear it up every week. Even Erling Haaland misses sometimes as yesterday proves.

Yeah, surprise results happen. Manchester City drew at Forest, for example. My issue is, IF it is true, we didn't go into day at 100%, and that's the disappointing thing, rather than giving it our all during the week and, with football being football, it not quite coming together on match day.

Just Got Home on 23:44 - May 7 with 3213 viewsolimar

It wasnt awful. We scored two goals, had countless efforts on goal (many blocked). We were a bit off it, as McKenna acknowledged, and gave up two poor goals.
I really wanted us to make 100 goals and 100 points, but in reality its just being greedy after what happened last weekend and over the past few months which has been the most phenomenal Ipswich team Ive ever seen (relative to the league).
Just Got Home on 00:54 - May 8 with 3081 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No one really cares, Plymouth won anyway, we secured promotion at home. They just had just produced the best month in years for the club. Emotions was always going to be let out when the deal was done. Let’s be honest once Plymouth were up it took on a bit of a pre season feel.

I’d have liked the the 100/100 but whatever. Being unbeaten since January is a nice record to take into next season. Quite frankly we could have played the youth team and lost 10-0 and I’d have been fine. Was all about getting out of this league, the fact it was meaningless was actually a beautiful thing.
Just Got Home on 07:16 - May 8 with 2837 viewsDarth_Koont

Just Got Home on 22:52 - May 7 by Coastalblue

Agree that it’s not a game to get remotely worried about.

You hit the nail on the head comparing it with the “100% intensity” that we’ve shown over the past few months. Understandable, now that we’ve achieved our goal, that the intensity would drop off and it seemed we were marginally off it as a result.

Not only that, but a Fleetwood side under Scott Brown in their last home game was always going to match or surpass our own levels of energy and focus. As a result, I thought they gave us a much tougher game all over the park than many others in recent times. Certainly, we never established much control of the game which has been the chief characteristic of our great run.

Time for everybody to relax and enjoy the summer. After a couple of decades of pure grind, it’s the first time in years we can look forward to a summer of transfer dealings and preparations where we’re essentially dealing from a position of strength and fine-tuning a well working machine rather than trying to find something special to turn things around. And all with manageable expectations of a top-half or even solid mid-table finish. Lovely stuff!

Pronouns: He/Him

Just Got Home on 07:45 - May 8 with 2763 viewsHerbivore

Still finding stuff to complain about even now. Top work.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just Got Home on 07:58 - May 8 with 2710 viewsblueprint

How miserable are you? Just enjoy the fact we’re up and him the last few months have been brilliant.

I hate to think what you’re going to be like next season.
Just Got Home on 08:31 - May 8 with 2631 viewsStewart27

Instead of sharing your thoughts with the world, would you mind writing them down on a piece of paper and popping them in a little metaphorical post box.

Then read them to yourself in 5 years time.

Thanks.
Just Got Home on 08:57 - May 8 with 2548 viewspointofblue

Just Got Home on 08:31 - May 8 by Stewart27

Instead of sharing your thoughts with the world, would you mind writing them down on a piece of paper and popping them in a little metaphorical post box.

Then read them to yourself in 5 years time.

Thanks.

Hey, it may not be true. And if not true, then yesterday was just one of those games that can happen from time to time. The players have everything, there was a slightly dial down which was possibly to be expected - especially when Plymouth went 3-1 up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024