Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns linked with Wrexham 12:27 - May 11 with 11944 viewsbluestandard

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wrexham-identify-ipswich-town-and-huddersfield

Lol
Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:29 - May 11 with 6708 viewsWoolfenthen

good god, who employs these journalists
Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:33 - May 11 with 6623 viewshoppy

A "more realistic option"?? Haha...

I'm sure he's going to want a move to League Two, instead of returning to the Championship where he's not played since the first part of 2015/16 and hasn't really had a chance to prove himself at that level yet!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:34 - May 11 with 6599 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The best bit was where they described Burns as a “realistic option”.

Great stuff.
Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:41 - May 11 with 6497 viewsJ2BLUE

No idea why people post the link and drive the traffic stories like that are invented for.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:46 - May 11 with 6409 viewsColin_Viljoen

Maybe in 3 seasons.
Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:55 - May 11 with 6304 viewsIllinoisblue

Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:41 - May 11 by J2BLUE

No idea why people post the link and drive the traffic stories like that are invented for.

FLW is click bait sheeite and have never been right about anything. Should be a two-week suspension for anyone linking to their nonsense.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:58 - May 11 with 6264 viewsVegtablue

Wes doesn't deserve that 😂
Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:00 - May 11 with 6228 viewsDanTheMan

Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:55 - May 11 by Illinoisblue

FLW is click bait sheeite and have never been right about anything. Should be a two-week suspension for anyone linking to their nonsense.

Not even their story.

https://www.givemesport.com/wrexham-transfer-news-gareth-bale-aaron-ramsey-wes-b

Looks like it's just a journalist speculating the sort of player they might be after but who probably knows sod all about us. The feeling I've got with Ashton is that we'd have a price for any player so unless they wanted to pay completely over the odds for Burns it's just not happening.

But I guess it is more realistic compared to Bale or Ramsey slumming it in League Two.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:08 - May 11 with 6113 viewsSimonds92

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:00 - May 11 by DanTheMan

Not even their story.

https://www.givemesport.com/wrexham-transfer-news-gareth-bale-aaron-ramsey-wes-b

Looks like it's just a journalist speculating the sort of player they might be after but who probably knows sod all about us. The feeling I've got with Ashton is that we'd have a price for any player so unless they wanted to pay completely over the odds for Burns it's just not happening.

But I guess it is more realistic compared to Bale or Ramsey slumming it in League Two.

Think they have more chance of signing Ramsey who's been past it for about 4 years, or a retired Bale than they do signing Burns.
Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:09 - May 11 with 6082 viewsJ2BLUE

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:00 - May 11 by DanTheMan

Not even their story.

Being too generous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:22 - May 11 with 5930 viewsBlueandTruesince82

What would it cost to get us to sell Burns? Whatever it is Wrexham can't afford it!

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:25 - May 11 with 5887 viewsjayessess

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:22 - May 11 by BlueandTruesince82

What would it cost to get us to sell Burns? Whatever it is Wrexham can't afford it!

Them affording it is probably the least of the issues with this. How do you persuade Wes Burns, who has spent 10 seasons trying to get to this kind of level, that he wants to spend his last few peak years playing in League Two?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:34 - May 11 with 5776 viewswkj

I've learned to never say never, but how in the hell did this one ever see the light of day

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:35 - May 11 with 5775 viewsDanTheMan

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:09 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Being too generous.

Almost certainly, just reading the original quote it sounded way more like the guy was throwing out suggestions rather than anything concrete, which FLW turned into "linked".

A bit like when the EADT does those "players Ipswich might look at" pieces.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 13:36]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:35 - May 11 with 5762 viewschicoazul

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:25 - May 11 by jayessess

Them affording it is probably the least of the issues with this. How do you persuade Wes Burns, who has spent 10 seasons trying to get to this kind of level, that he wants to spend his last few peak years playing in League Two?

By giving him 25k a week for 3 years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:42 - May 11 with 5696 viewscressi

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:35 - May 11 by chicoazul

By giving him 25k a week for 3 years.

And Ipswich are signing MO SALAH
ABSOLUTE TOSH
Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:54 - May 11 with 5580 viewsBondiBlue

If we were still finishing 11th with marcus evans and paul cook i reckon this would happen.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:08 - May 11 with 5473 viewsitfcjoe

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:22 - May 11 by BlueandTruesince82

I'd guess £4-5m fee, with £15k a week of wages required to do the deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:15 - May 11 with 5389 viewsKeno

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:08 - May 11 by itfcjoe

I'd guess £4-5m fee, with £15k a week of wages required to do the deal

Joe I will be honest here

If Wrexham offered me £5mill and £15,000 per week I might be tempted to go and play for them

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:20 - May 11 with 5334 viewscressi

Burns linked with Wrexham on 13:54 - May 11 by BondiBlue

If we were still finishing 11th with marcus evans and paul cook i reckon this would happen.

The days of Evans are over, We will sell when the price is right for the club much publicity but I believe Ipswich are wealthier than Wrexham owners biggest fan base etc there no man City or Newcastle
Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:24 - May 11 with 5288 viewsbluestandard

Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:41 - May 11 by J2BLUE

I don’t normally post links, but this one seemed so ridiculous that I thought I’d share the joke. Perhaps you can send me a copy of ‘the rules’ on posting and I’ll be certain to remember for next time. Sigh.
Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:26 - May 11 with 5278 viewsbluestandard

Burns linked with Wrexham on 12:55 - May 11 by Illinoisblue

Really? Wow is your constitution really that weak that you can’t just disregard what is obviously a joke of a story, and maybe (just maybe) have a chuckle?
Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:32 - May 11 with 5201 viewsVegtablue

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:26 - May 11 by bluestandard

Really? Wow is your constitution really that weak that you can’t just disregard what is obviously a joke of a story, and maybe (just maybe) have a chuckle?

What can't be forgiven is Keno angling for a move sadly!

I'm trusting Gav to make it quick.
Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:33 - May 11 with 5204 viewsGavTWTD

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:26 - May 11 by bluestandard

That's not how websites work though, is it? They've now profited directly through people visiting that site and added money to their coffers, and improved their SEO pushing them higher up google rankings. This will just spur them on to produce more of the same.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:36 - May 11 with 5149 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns linked with Wrexham on 14:33 - May 11 by GavTWTD

That's not how websites work though, is it? They've now profited directly through people visiting that site and added money to their coffers, and improved their SEO pushing them higher up google rankings. This will just spur them on to produce more of the same.

What else is to be expected?

The club don't want twtd. Eadt and other people putting out exclusive transfer links.. so what's left is what ever comes up online elsewhere. Most will be rubbish of course but there's not much else to discuss about town right now so random links popping up should imo be OK to discuss even if they are laughable.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024