Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You have you feel for Darren Moore 20:45 - May 15 with 7664 viewsKeno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65597865

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 20:55 - May 15 with 5457 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Their obsessive dislike of him is REALLY odd. Even when they were top of the table and racing away from us.

I know the football is a little industrial, but I think he’ll go on to have a decent career.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:40 - May 15 with 5215 viewsRegencyBlue

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 20:55 - May 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Their obsessive dislike of him is REALLY odd. Even when they were top of the table and racing away from us.

I know the football is a little industrial, but I think he’ll go on to have a decent career.

Owlstalk generally don’t seem to like him much but he has some support there as well.

The situation at Wednesday reminds me of us just a couple of years ago in some ways. Unpopular manager, despised owner, a disillusioned fan base and in massive debt. The only difference is that they have managed to screw up promotion two seasons running. Not sure they are going to get a third crack at it anytime soon.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:44 - May 15 with 5164 viewsWoolfenthen

deserves much much better than this, 96 pts with what I would say was a limited squad in many areas would normally get you straight up. The guy is a lovely decent man who deserves a better club than this, difficult to see him there next season, but hope he ends up somewhere where he will be appreciated.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:45 - May 15 with 5159 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:40 - May 15 by RegencyBlue

Owlstalk generally don’t seem to like him much but he has some support there as well.

The situation at Wednesday reminds me of us just a couple of years ago in some ways. Unpopular manager, despised owner, a disillusioned fan base and in massive debt. The only difference is that they have managed to screw up promotion two seasons running. Not sure they are going to get a third crack at it anytime soon.

As with any fanbase there will be a mix of opinions. However, they do seem to have a large proportion that do not like him.

As for the OP, racists are always going to be racist. Yorkshire is probably at least as full of them as any other part of the country. Racism isn't about whether they want him as a manager, it is about the ingrained, backward views that some still have. Unfortunately, there has been a lot gone on in this country over the past decade that has encouraged racists.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:50 - May 15 with 5084 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah saw this in the local paper up here earlier today

Disgusting and wasn’t going to give it the air time to be fair

Horrible breed

It’s really sour up here football-wise I think more so because of the success of the Blades

Poll: If it were one or the other

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:59 - May 15 with 4997 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:50 - May 15 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah saw this in the local paper up here earlier today

Disgusting and wasn’t going to give it the air time to be fair

Horrible breed

It’s really sour up here football-wise I think more so because of the success of the Blades

Rotherham staying up can't help either. If Barnsley win the play-offs as well they are going to be even more down.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 22:03 - May 15 with 4964 viewsMetal_Hacker

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 21:59 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Rotherham staying up can't help either. If Barnsley win the play-offs as well they are going to be even more down.

It borders on toxic at times and is getting worse. Some rivalries are banter-esque for the most but this up here recently is quite bizarre.

Even the local FB pages are quite vile between each other now

Let’s get this season done , leave them where they belong and next season nowhere near them

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 22:06 - May 15 with 4942 viewsITFC_Forever

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 20:55 - May 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

The feeling they acquired the points they did etc is despite DM and not because of him has never gone away, and since we reeled them in has exploded.

Edit: to clarify, I am certainly not trying to contextualise or justify any racist abuse DM received…. Of course, that is abhorrent and disgusting behaviour and the perpetrator(s) should get everything they deserve.
It was a comment around their fan’s perception of him as a manager.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 6:43]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 22:11 - May 15 with 4893 viewsclive_baker

The condemnation of this behaviour need not be contextualised with them having a good season. Absolutely abhorrent whether they got 96 points or 9.

The scumbag responsible should be sent down.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 23:53 - May 15 with 4569 viewsWhos_blue

By all means vent your frustration at the manager/owner/players if that's your thing, but bringing race into is disgusting.
It shows up the perpetrator up for what they are - a pig ignorant racist.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 07:06 - May 16 with 4262 viewsGlasgowBlue

Saw this on twitter when it was first posted. I couldn’t believe that a) somebody would use such outdated and racist language in 2023, and b) that they we comfortable to do so publicly.

Glad the scumbag has been banned by the club but I’d like to see legal action taken against him for hate speech.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 07:30 - May 16 with 4184 viewsChurchman

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 22:11 - May 15 by clive_baker

The condemnation of this behaviour need not be contextualised with them having a good season. Absolutely abhorrent whether they got 96 points or 9.

The scumbag responsible should be sent down.

Yep, scumbag. There’s no need for dregs like that in society. I wonder how long that witless pig would last in a room with DM using language like that?

I love Yorkshire and really like its people, but like everywhere they have their share of bigoted boneheads. Whenever this sort of thing emerges the perpetrators need stamping on.

As for Wednesday and Owlstalk, I’ve read a fair bit of it in the past couple of months and got no sense of the race thing at all. They just don’t rate him. But then they don’t like the owner or anything else much. It comes across as a divided football club. A bit all over the shop.

Is Moore a good manager? He’s not the worst. He strikes me as a steady Eddie kind of manager. The financial plight of the club is nothing to do with him. Despite a ridiculous points haul, I think they may have suffered from too many old players and not making an addition or two in January.

Assuming they are stuck in L1 for another season, I’d let Darren Moore have another crack at it next year. They weren’t far off and it’s unlikely three teams will break the 95 point mark.

Edit: just noticed that Wednesday have rightly made a public statement on it and Owlstalk are up to six pages of condemnation of the scumbag and his like.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 12:03]
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 07:32 - May 16 with 4174 viewsDubtractor

Saw that on twitter yesterday.

Worth noting the Wednesday fans responding were universal in their condemnation of him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 08:16 - May 16 with 4065 viewscressi

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 07:32 - May 16 by Dubtractor

Saw that on twitter yesterday.

Worth noting the Wednesday fans responding were universal in their condemnation of him.

There is no need for abuse, but I was at Brentford where ipswich fans fought each other and Mccarthy could not get on team bus due to fans waiting for him giving dog abuse. It happens at all clubs when managers have a poor spell they then often say the wrong thing and compound it . IM sure after Bristol Rovers fans although not turned were starting to wonder if honest then something amazing happened here rest is history as they say.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 08:21 - May 16 with 4039 viewstextbackup

Hate Wednesday, but like Moore.

The bloke has just got 96points, and in any other season probably wins the league with that.

Hope he leaves them and because a success elsewhere

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 08:52 - May 16 with 3939 viewsMetal_Hacker

Some of this IF not all of it is gold

Not sure where to start with it really

We paid £8m for Broadhead apparently as per one of their "fans"

Their fanbase gets better , so glad this isn't us !

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 12:01 - May 16 with 3667 viewsyorkshireblue

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 07:06 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Saw this on twitter when it was first posted. I couldn’t believe that a) somebody would use such outdated and racist language in 2023, and b) that they we comfortable to do so publicly.

Glad the scumbag has been banned by the club but I’d like to see legal action taken against him for hate speech.

Saw the original post on Twitter too, along with some of his other posts - one aimed at Rhian Brewster made the day before.

Made his "apology" tweet where he claimed he wasn't actually a racist was just frustrated after the result look even dafter.

Glad he's been banned from Hillsborough. I'd like to see all other clubs take the same action and ban them from their grounds as well.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 13:18 - May 16 with 3511 viewsStewart27

Absolutely disgusting.

I hope he leaves them and goes somewhere where he is appreciated.

Absolute scum bags. They’re an absolutely nothing club and never really have been. They are the third largest club in Sheffield. This sense of entitlement is beyond belief. They got 96 points this season!
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 13:22 - May 16 with 3491 viewswkj

Darren Moore seems like a perfectly decent manager - What S.Weds fans seem to not grasp is how ridiculously competitive L1 is for the handful of clubs at top. Plymouth went off script this season it seemed, and they did so with style.

It's a hard pill to swallow for them but turning on a gaffa like this reeks of entitlement.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 13:58 - May 16 with 3371 viewsChurchman

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 13:22 - May 16 by wkj

Darren Moore seems like a perfectly decent manager - What S.Weds fans seem to not grasp is how ridiculously competitive L1 is for the handful of clubs at top. Plymouth went off script this season it seemed, and they did so with style.

It's a hard pill to swallow for them but turning on a gaffa like this reeks of entitlement.

They’ve turned on everyone - Moore, Chansiri, players, Refs, FA, each other. They’re just disappointed. They’re not the worlds biggest or greatest club as some of them think, but they shouldn’t be in that tinpot division any more than in particular Derby, ourselves and recently Sunderland.

That they are deservedly there in the L1 pit as others have been is testament to how badly they have been run. So the trick is to dig their way out of it, as they of course will at some point.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 14:04 - May 16 with 3350 viewsRobTheMonk

I wonder if we'll see the day where a player/manager just goes "Well, fudge ya. I'm out of here" and just never plays again.

Actually, Mick kind of did it, but he was off anyway.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 14:22 - May 16 with 3307 viewslizzibee

The tweet was shocking and not the first such comment - he had made of others so his poor attempt at an apology wasn't received very well. Serveral people from different clubs reported him to the club, police and twitter so I expect as well as the ban he will be in trouble with the police.
Whatever fans thnk of Darren Moore there is no place for racism. He's got 96 points - thats incredible and he comes across as being a lovely bloke.
I applaud the club for the stance it's taken.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 14:43 - May 16 with 3261 viewsBigCommon

Racial abuse is disgusting. Glad to see 99% of SW fans condemning these comments...
As a manager, I think Moore is average. Not terrible, but nothing special either.
Can't imagine what the meltdown would be like within our fan base, had we,
A) Blown a seemingly unassailable lead at the top of the division.
B) Rolled over and lost the first leg of a play off semi, 4-0 at Posh.
They have a right, as paying fans, to be fkd off. As always, the manager will get the brunt of it, at any club. It comes with the territory.
The play off, 1st leg, shambles is what's pushed a few over the edge..Perfect chance for Darren Moore and his squad to put things right and win the fans back. But they went down like a wet lettuce. Hard to defend a manager after that..
The racism issue will now take the headlines. When they should be discussing what's gone wrong on the training pitch/ dressing room, and on matchday.
Feel for their "real" fans, more than anyone else.
They were there long before Chansiri and Moore and they'll be there long after.
You have you feel for Darren Moore on 15:06 - May 16 with 3180 viewsSwansea_Blue

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 14:43 - May 16 by BigCommon

Racial abuse is disgusting. Glad to see 99% of SW fans condemning these comments...
As a manager, I think Moore is average. Not terrible, but nothing special either.
Can't imagine what the meltdown would be like within our fan base, had we,
A) Blown a seemingly unassailable lead at the top of the division.
B) Rolled over and lost the first leg of a play off semi, 4-0 at Posh.
They have a right, as paying fans, to be fkd off. As always, the manager will get the brunt of it, at any club. It comes with the territory.
The play off, 1st leg, shambles is what's pushed a few over the edge..Perfect chance for Darren Moore and his squad to put things right and win the fans back. But they went down like a wet lettuce. Hard to defend a manager after that..
The racism issue will now take the headlines. When they should be discussing what's gone wrong on the training pitch/ dressing room, and on matchday.
Feel for their "real" fans, more than anyone else.
They were there long before Chansiri and Moore and they'll be there long after.

That's over-egging it a bit imo. They've had a good season and he's done well; 96 points would normally guarantee promotion and more often than not win the league. They also picked up 5 wins in their last 6 games, so hardly a complete coming off of the wheels - their worst run wasn't as bad as ours. It was obviously a disappointing 1st leg of the PO semi final for them, but that's football and Peterborough can do that to any team on their day - they put 5 past Plymouth.

Interesting time for them now. We'll see what happens, but if they don't get through the POs then he's shown enough to get another go imo.

And it's not over of course. They've score 4 or more goals 4 times this season, plus lots more games with 3 goals. It's a huge ask of course, and it would be Peterborough's largest defeat if the 1st leg was overturned, but Wednesday have it in them to do it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 15:19 - May 16 with 3120 viewsMetal_Hacker

You have you feel for Darren Moore on 15:06 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

That's over-egging it a bit imo. They've had a good season and he's done well; 96 points would normally guarantee promotion and more often than not win the league. They also picked up 5 wins in their last 6 games, so hardly a complete coming off of the wheels - their worst run wasn't as bad as ours. It was obviously a disappointing 1st leg of the PO semi final for them, but that's football and Peterborough can do that to any team on their day - they put 5 past Plymouth.

Interesting time for them now. We'll see what happens, but if they don't get through the POs then he's shown enough to get another go imo.

And it's not over of course. They've score 4 or more goals 4 times this season, plus lots more games with 3 goals. It's a huge ask of course, and it would be Peterborough's largest defeat if the 1st leg was overturned, but Wednesday have it in them to do it.

They'll come out all guns blazing and will be a sight to watch if they get two early goals

Looking for to a cracker Thursday night - I'll be rushing home from the usual 5 a side up here to catch the second half .I'm assuming the Wednesday lot who play will actually honour their ticket purchase and attend the game unlike their initial reactions over the weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024