Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Pompey fan mate 19:02 - Dec 20 with 5392 viewsCustardCream

Reckons a deal will be done in January. £3m + Ladapo for Colby Bishop.

Not against it if true
My Pompey fan mate on 19:07 - Dec 20 with 3934 viewsMattinLondon

That’s a lot of money for a player who has never played about L1.
My Pompey fan mate on 19:11 - Dec 20 with 3904 viewsSheffordBlue

My Pompey fan mate on 19:07 - Dec 20 by MattinLondon

That’s a lot of money for a player who has never played about L1.

It is but if you want the League leaders to sell you their striker who has scored twice as many goals as anyone else in their team then there'll be a premium.

That's why I don't think it will happen - imagine us in their position and the club having to justify selling our top scorer when we top/

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

My Pompey fan mate on 19:21 - Dec 20 with 3797 viewsMK1

Would be a good purchase. Don't expect them to sell, but wouldn't be against it. I'd rather we kept Ladapo and paid them a straight £2million though. Not sure he is worth more as he would be a bit of a risk with little sell on value.
My Pompey fan mate on 19:24 - Dec 20 with 3747 viewsMullet

I just don't see Bishop as capable of cutting it in the Prem. If McKenna disagrees, fair enough but I'd be surprised if we were targeting him still and he wasn't someone we looked at before this season kicked off instead.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My Pompey fan mate on 19:25 - Dec 20 with 3739 viewsHerbivore

I hope not. 27 and never played above League 1 level. He's having a good season and had a good season last year too but I don't think spending that on someone who ain't likely to make the step up with us is a great bit of business.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My Pompey fan mate on 19:25 - Dec 20 with 3738 viewsSimonds92

My Pompey fan mate on 19:11 - Dec 20 by SheffordBlue

It is but if you want the League leaders to sell you their striker who has scored twice as many goals as anyone else in their team then there'll be a premium.

That's why I don't think it will happen - imagine us in their position and the club having to justify selling our top scorer when we top/

£3m for a guy who's been out of favour for the past month in a league 1 team?
My Pompey fan mate on 19:28 - Dec 20 with 3685 viewsCustardCream

My Pompey fan mate on 19:25 - Dec 20 by Simonds92

£3m for a guy who's been out of favour for the past month in a league 1 team?

He’s been injured
My Pompey fan mate on 19:43 - Dec 20 with 3581 viewsNutkins_Return

I think Colby would surprise a few. Decent player and seems to have a lot of fight and desire to make it.

If we were throwing in Ladapo then I wouldn't go that high though. 2 mil and Ladapo would be fair enough. But if you are pompy I'm just not sure you sell at this point unless silly money.
Login to get fewer ads

My Pompey fan mate on 19:48 - Dec 20 with 3518 viewsgosblue

That values Ladapo at £1. I wouldn’t object to the switch but I’m not sure of the valuations.
My Pompey fan mate on 19:52 - Dec 20 with 3474 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Bishop won't cut it in the Premier League, pointless transfer.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

My Pompey fan mate on 19:57 - Dec 20 with 3420 viewsMK1

My Pompey fan mate on 19:52 - Dec 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

We are a Championship club in January. Will the club spend 2-3million for a player if they think he can get us to the Premier League? I think they would. Don't think they are willing sellers at that price though.
My Pompey fan mate on 20:01 - Dec 20 with 3383 viewsMattinLondon

My Pompey fan mate on 19:25 - Dec 20 by Herbivore

I hope not. 27 and never played above League 1 level. He's having a good season and had a good season last year too but I don't think spending that on someone who ain't likely to make the step up with us is a great bit of business.

Under Evans, he would have been a great signing on the cheap. But he’s thankfully gone, and I think we’ll be aiming for better players.
My Pompey fan mate on 20:01 - Dec 20 with 3381 viewsCheltenham_Blue

My Pompey fan mate on 19:57 - Dec 20 by MK1

We are a Championship club in January. Will the club spend 2-3million for a player if they think he can get us to the Premier League? I think they would. Don't think they are willing sellers at that price though.

Last January showed that we will be looking for players who can cut it in the league above rather than ones who's ceiling is the same league.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

My Pompey fan mate on 20:03 - Dec 20 with 3367 viewsLeoMuff

My Pompey fan mate on 19:52 - Dec 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

There were a lot of questions around our some of our squad in the championship.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

My Pompey fan mate on 20:08 - Dec 20 with 3316 viewsMetal_Hacker

IMHO Stansfield is streets ahead with a much higher ceiling too

Poll: If it were one or the other

My Pompey fan mate on 20:10 - Dec 20 with 3285 viewsJ2BLUE

LOL

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Pompey fan mate on 20:12 - Dec 20 with 3270 viewsIllinoisblue

Only your second-worst post:
Why do we insist by CustardCream 25 Nov 2023 19:12
On spending 30 seconds at a time passing the ball between Hladky, Burgess and Woolfenden. Even after a throw-in in the attacking third. Pass it all the way back and p1ss ar5e about at the back. We can’t score from 90 yards out, you’d think they’d know that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

My Pompey fan mate on 20:23 - Dec 20 with 3168 viewsWickets

My Pompey fan mate on 19:24 - Dec 20 by Mullet

I just don't see Bishop as capable of cutting it in the Prem. If McKenna disagrees, fair enough but I'd be surprised if we were targeting him still and he wasn't someone we looked at before this season kicked off instead.

I think we would very much have a difficult task funding a striker who could cut in in the Premier league if for whatever reason we only have 3mill to spend . As an example their is a rumour that Wolves are willing to spend 15 mill on Rowe at Norwich. Now I stress that is a rumour and probably wide of the mark but it puts the reports of 3mill budget in perspective.
My Pompey fan mate on 20:51 - Dec 20 with 3102 viewsitfcjoe

I think maybe totalling £3m INCLUDING Ladapo may not be a bad shout - think people may be surprised by Colby and how he could step up for us…..he’d be a very could guy to compliment what Hirst does and allow us to continue what we try to do with GH with his physicality, running power, and quality

Think people expecting us to sign PL players this window, because we were able to sign Champ players when in L1 may be in for a shock

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My Pompey fan mate on 21:04 - Dec 20 with 2994 viewsSomethingBlue

My Pompey fan mate on 20:51 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

I think maybe totalling £3m INCLUDING Ladapo may not be a bad shout - think people may be surprised by Colby and how he could step up for us…..he’d be a very could guy to compliment what Hirst does and allow us to continue what we try to do with GH with his physicality, running power, and quality

Think people expecting us to sign PL players this window, because we were able to sign Champ players when in L1 may be in for a shock

Think that's a fair point about physicality and running power but I'm nowhere near convinced Bishop can step up and add firepower at this level even if the rest is important. Don't want to be all "penalties don't count" but a third of of his goals have come that way – you'd take that in a 24 year old like Hirst, who of course isn't prolific, but in a guy who's 27 and never played this high up I'm just not sure at all. It'd be a lot of money for someone who *might* be able to push us over the line four months down the track but would be of limited use in the longer term.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

My Pompey fan mate on 21:06 - Dec 20 with 2962 viewsGeoffSentence

My Pompey fan mate on 20:51 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

I hope not.

No reflection on Colby Bishop as a person or a footballer but it was him scoring twice against us for Accrington that brought home the reality of League One

He brings me nothing but dark memories.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

My Pompey fan mate on 21:07 - Dec 20 with 2928 viewsStewart27

I really can’t see us signing a L1 sh1thouse striker
My Pompey fan mate on 21:17 - Dec 20 with 2824 viewsExiled2Surrey

My Pompey fan mate on 21:07 - Dec 20 by Stewart27

I really can’t see us signing a L1 sh1thouse striker

We already have one…..

…. Gassan Ahadme!
My Pompey fan mate on 21:21 - Dec 20 with 2774 viewsitfcjoe

My Pompey fan mate on 21:04 - Dec 20 by SomethingBlue

Think that's a fair point about physicality and running power but I'm nowhere near convinced Bishop can step up and add firepower at this level even if the rest is important. Don't want to be all "penalties don't count" but a third of of his goals have come that way – you'd take that in a 24 year old like Hirst, who of course isn't prolific, but in a guy who's 27 and never played this high up I'm just not sure at all. It'd be a lot of money for someone who *might* be able to push us over the line four months down the track but would be of limited use in the longer term.

I just find it hard to see who you can find for that Hirst like role, generally a player needs to be a bit older to be able to play that role as takes experience and knowing your body. We’ve totally lucked out with Hirst, but that style of player is rare - when you look at someone like Brereton-Diaz he’s been quite hit and miss in career and was serious money even when young. A Connor Wickham type could never manage his body.

There his history in those type of players who have come through the non leagues being able to carry that through in a Grant Holt or Rickie Lambert going back a few years….not necessarily saying Bishop is the answer but think the only thing that would hold him back would be aptitude to learn the systems as opposed to anything physically or even technically but he seems to be playing in that sort of team under Mousinho and doing well…..but one I’d trust McKenna and team on if they do pursue but don’t expect us to this window due to cost

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My Pompey fan mate on 21:23 - Dec 20 with 2744 viewsJ2BLUE

My Pompey fan mate on 20:10 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

LOL

Apologies OP, I take this back.

I misread it as Luongo. Ladapo makes much more sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024