Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore update 21:35 - Jan 23 with 12317 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Kieffer Moore update on 15:15 - Jan 24 with 1860 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Kieffer Moore update on 09:05 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

We don’t seem to have any problems getting in defenders, midfielders or wingers. But we’ve really struggled when it comes to strikers.

Couldn't get Hirst in the summer of 2022 and ended up with Ahadme on deadline day. Managed to get Hirst on Loan in the January of 2023 as he wasn’t getting any minutes. Then after signing him on a permanent in the summer of 2023 we couldn’t get any of the other striker targets in and brought in Scarlett at the last minute.

Is it because we require a certain type of striker and there aren’t that many of them around?

It's exactly that. Good strikers are hard to find at all levels atm.

Options are limited as it is, even more so when looking for a certain type.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Kieffer Moore update on 15:16 - Jan 24 with 1853 viewsEuropablue

Kieffer Moore update on 06:37 - Jan 24 by franz_tyson

I personally don't fancy Moore. Just doesn't seem the type who'd be able to do all the grunt work that Hirst does. Is he mobile enough? Maybe handy to have off the bench as a big lump if we're chasing a game.. but not convinced.
Would we reason that we'd probably miss out on second place and Hirst will be fit for the play-offs - so why push for
Moore ? Perhaps too negative and we should be going all out for it?
If it's about money I'd go only for Gallagher as he seems a better fit.

Exactly. I'd take him on loan, but he's not the future.
One important thing about having money is knowing when not to spend it.
We have to be careful about inflating fees because we might get promoted. We still can't afford to bring in the wrong players at the wrong. I'd much rather go for the right players at the wrong fee! ;)
Kieffer Moore update on 15:21 - Jan 24 with 1813 viewsEuropablue

Kieffer Moore update on 06:53 - Jan 24 by Vaughan8

Really?

I doubt he nor Spurs want to send him here again. Would be a strange move all round if that happened.

He's clearly a talent as played for England u21s but I'm not sure he's the answer.

The only thing pointing in that direction is that he can only be loaned to us for the remainder of the season, so if we are desperate he could be an option.
I can't imagine there isn't a little bad blood between our clubs now over this situation. It was very petty of Spurs to recall him before the transfer window and he very well could have played during Hirst's absence. It was also very stupid of them to hold onto him so late in the summer and play him in the cup.
Kieffer Moore update on 15:34 - Jan 24 with 1715 viewsDennyx4

Kieffer Moore update on 13:07 - Jan 24 by Vegtablue

Theoretically, they're able to continue paying the wages of players they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. Or they've managed to remove the high earners from the wage bill early and consequently have much greater spending power. Even better, they've sold these high earners for a significant transfer fee.

Realistically, a number of parachute clubs will be saddled with high earners that are no better than average Championship earners (or at least performing like it), which reduces or completely wastes their advantage. Three additional clubs currently enjoy parachute payments, with the other three in the cycle having since been promoted again. They are West Brom, Norwich and Watford.

Parachute clubs as of today: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th.

Correction: West Brom received two years of payments due to spending only one year in the PL, so this is their first season without.
[Post edited 24 Jan 17:15]

West Brom no longer have parachute payments, their last one was last season.

It still makes a massive difference the year after, as still have the players acquired with the Premier money. This year is Norwich’s last year with parachute money, however will still have quite a few players that have been bought with Premier money.

It does make our performance this year exceptional.

Your point is still valid.
Could do worse.... on 15:43 - Jan 24 with 1663 viewsBloots

Kieffer Moore update on 15:04 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

James Norwood on a loan for the rest of the season?

We’ll spend all month… by Bloots 10 Jan 10:43
…trying to get our main target (whether it’s Stansfield or not), fail and end up signing another young winger on loan and Jonson Clarke-Harris.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Kieffer Moore update on 15:46 - Jan 24 with 1634 viewstractorboy1978

Kieffer Moore update on 14:58 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

Bournemouth can want a fee, but whether anyone is desperate enough to pay one is another matter

Personally I'd rather persist with Jackson and Broadhead than give Moore a 2.5 year contract on £25k a week because that will severely hamper us in the long term if he doesn't get us over the line.

I imagine when push comes to shove he'll end up going out on loan though

I don't disagree, although I do wonder the same about Gallagher too. He's on £25k a week at Blackburn. Not sure what pay cut he's willing to take but is he someone you want to be paying £1.5m for and giving a 2.5 or 3.5 year deal on £15k+ a week? We are so desperate for a striker though that it could end up being 'beggars can't be choosers'.

Moore on loan would be very expensive in the short term but he's probably the most sensible deal if we can do it - good, proven, gun for hire Championship player with no further commitment beyond May.
[Post edited 24 Jan 15:56]
Kieffer Moore update on 16:07 - Jan 24 with 1500 viewsITFCBlues

Kieffer Moore update on 15:46 - Jan 24 by tractorboy1978

I don't disagree, although I do wonder the same about Gallagher too. He's on £25k a week at Blackburn. Not sure what pay cut he's willing to take but is he someone you want to be paying £1.5m for and giving a 2.5 or 3.5 year deal on £15k+ a week? We are so desperate for a striker though that it could end up being 'beggars can't be choosers'.

Moore on loan would be very expensive in the short term but he's probably the most sensible deal if we can do it - good, proven, gun for hire Championship player with no further commitment beyond May.
[Post edited 24 Jan 15:56]

Is circa 15-20k a week a lot for a Championship striker with plenty of experience at this level a lot these days?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Kieffer Moore update on 16:32 - Jan 24 with 1410 viewstractorboy1978

Kieffer Moore update on 16:07 - Jan 24 by ITFCBlues

Is circa 15-20k a week a lot for a Championship striker with plenty of experience at this level a lot these days?

Not for your main man, no. Combined with the transfer fee, I'd say it is for someone that is going to be behind Hirst when he is back fit and has little future resale value though. I wouldn't call it ideal but it might be where we are right now.
[Post edited 24 Jan 16:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore update on 16:56 - Jan 24 with 1316 viewsVegtablue

Kieffer Moore update on 15:34 - Jan 24 by Dennyx4

West Brom no longer have parachute payments, their last one was last season.

It still makes a massive difference the year after, as still have the players acquired with the Premier money. This year is Norwich’s last year with parachute money, however will still have quite a few players that have been bought with Premier money.

It does make our performance this year exceptional.

Your point is still valid.

Oh thanks for correcting, I didn't realise parachute payments are reduced to two years if the club is relegated in their first PL season.
[Post edited 24 Jan 16:59]
Kieffer Moore update on 16:59 - Jan 24 with 1272 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieffer Moore update on 16:32 - Jan 24 by tractorboy1978

Not for your main man, no. Combined with the transfer fee, I'd say it is for someone that is going to be behind Hirst when he is back fit and has little future resale value though. I wouldn't call it ideal but it might be where we are right now.

Thing Is we don't know how hirst is going to recover. If the opportunity is there to get a new striker in you've got to take it and if that ends up pushing hirst out it's just unfortunate for him but needs must imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kieffer Moore update on 17:22 - Jan 24 with 1193 viewsbournemouthblue

Kieffer Moore update on 21:44 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

I think that’s than then. Given our relative sensible approach since McKenna has come in, I’d be amazed if they went and pushed the boat out on Moore in terms of fee, and wages.

He's the wrong age to be paying a big fee for

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kieffer Moore update on 17:25 - Jan 24 with 1183 viewsgosblue

Two questions:
1) Is Moore worth’s the money?
2) Would he be able to cope with our training regime and fixture schedule?
The answer to both is probably not.
Sorry, third question, indirectly related - have we ever signed an Austrian?
Kieffer Moore update on 17:42 - Jan 24 with 1113 viewsSimonds92

Kieffer Moore update on 16:32 - Jan 24 by tractorboy1978

For me, it's about the next 18 games. We need to recruit to have the best chance of hitting 36+ points from those games to get us promoted.

If we don't go up, the next season will be a rebuild anyway, most likely under a new manager.
Kieffer Moore update on 17:49 - Jan 24 with 1061 viewsMVBlue

Kieffer Moore update on 17:42 - Jan 24 by Simonds92

For me, it's about the next 18 games. We need to recruit to have the best chance of hitting 36+ points from those games to get us promoted.

If we don't go up, the next season will be a rebuild anyway, most likely under a new manager.

Why can't we get someone in from overseas. Maybe with visas and travel would take a long time.... it is taking a long time, could this be going on the background...

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Kieffer Moore update on 18:07 - Jan 24 with 1000 viewstractorboy1978

Kieffer Moore update on 17:42 - Jan 24 by Simonds92

You do but you also don't want to hamstring yourself going forwards, which is why if you need an immediate injection of quality, loans are often the best way to go.

Next season won't be a rebuild at all. You may lose McKenna/Davis if we don't go up, but it won't be a rebuild.
[Post edited 24 Jan 18:08]
Kieffer Moore update on 18:09 - Jan 24 with 983 viewskeighleyblue

Kieffer Moore update on 17:49 - Jan 24 by MVBlue

Why can't we get someone in from overseas. Maybe with visas and travel would take a long time.... it is taking a long time, could this be going on the background...

Two words, Finidi George
Kieffer Moore update on 18:44 - Jan 24 with 859 viewsSimonds92

Kieffer Moore update on 18:07 - Jan 24 by tractorboy1978

You do but you also don't want to hamstring yourself going forwards, which is why if you need an immediate injection of quality, loans are often the best way to go.

Next season won't be a rebuild at all. You may lose McKenna/Davis if we don't go up, but it won't be a rebuild.
[Post edited 24 Jan 18:08]

The 2 in midfield will be a year older. We'll likely see a bit more interest in other players, we currently have 4 loans which will go back.

It will be a rebuild next season regardless imo.
Kieffer Moore update on 18:52 - Jan 24 with 837 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer Moore update on 18:44 - Jan 24 by Simonds92

The 2 in midfield will be a year older. We'll likely see a bit more interest in other players, we currently have 4 loans which will go back.

It will be a rebuild next season regardless imo.

None of those loans are really integral to the first team though and although Morsy and Luongo will be older, they'll have at least one more season at this level in them. Davis will go, that might even happen if we go up, and possibly Woolf but not sure there's too many others we're likely to lose. McKenna will also only go if the right job comes up, he's a smart cookie and next season's Championship will look a tempting prospect for him with us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024