Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daryl Dike 19:20 - Feb 12 with 3515 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Spare a thought for the poor lad. Out until the end of the year. Had a terrible time of injury and only 10 minutes into his return against us on Saturday.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daryl-dike-injury-

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Daryl Dike on 19:22 - Feb 12 with 3191 viewsRyorry

Absolutely horrible for him, poor lad. Wishing him all the best for a complete recovery đź‘Ť

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Daryl Dike on 19:42 - Feb 12 with 3060 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poor sod. I thought it looked like an Achilles rupture. I didn’t realise it was his second, which presumably explains why he was so distraught.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Daryl Dike on 20:58 - Feb 12 with 2832 views66notout

Daryl Dike on 19:42 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

Poor sod. I thought it looked like an Achilles rupture. I didn’t realise it was his second, which presumably explains why he was so distraught.

Those fans who ridiculed him should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I thought we were better than that.
Daryl Dike on 21:01 - Feb 12 with 2808 viewsStenvict

Daryl Dike on 19:42 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

And on the other achilles as well, rather than the same one as before

Poll: What will be announced first?

Daryl Dike on 21:24 - Feb 12 with 2751 viewsJimmy86

To see him visibly in tears was really sad to see... Was good that we gave him a respectful round of applause when he left the field... It must have been something, as it even impressed Don Goodman!!
Daryl Dike on 21:30 - Feb 12 with 2725 viewsPhilTWTD

Daryl Dike on 20:58 - Feb 12 by 66notout

Those fans who ridiculed him should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I thought we were better than that.

I think that was only an initial reaction given all the time-wasting earlier on. I think that stopped once there was the realisation it was a more serious injury.
Daryl Dike on 21:33 - Feb 12 with 2698 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Daryl Dike on 21:30 - Feb 12 by PhilTWTD

I think that was only an initial reaction given all the time-wasting earlier on. I think that stopped once there was the realisation it was a more serious injury.

That would be understandable. The referee told him to walk off the pitch initially and only shortly after did they call for the stretcher and stop the match.

Daryl Dike on 21:36 - Feb 12 with 2672 viewsChurchman

It did. And the people in Churchmans applauded him when the cart went by.
Login to get fewer ads

Daryl Dike on 22:17 - Feb 12 with 2538 viewscressi

Daryl Dike on 21:36 - Feb 12 by Churchman

Hopefully will make a full recovery concerning as only just come back from injury. Hopefully Not but some players are injury prone and never fulfill their potential.
Daryl Dike on 22:26 - Feb 12 with 2494 viewspointofblue

It was definitely a case of the boy(s) who cried wolf, when he first went down. Then, whilst Dike was being treated/heading off, then was a lot of pushing and shoving going on between Edmundson and Chalobah which distracted the crowd - particularly the SBR end.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Daryl Dike on 22:30 - Feb 12 with 2484 views66notout

Ah, I see how it works. Boo the second an opposition player goes down injured and then applaud if they are stretchered off or similar. Win win.
Daryl Dike on 22:32 - Feb 12 with 2464 viewsVic

Daryl Dike on 20:58 - Feb 12 by 66notout

Some of our fans seem to have got rather above themselves in the last few months. They seem to quickly have become entitled, and have started treating other teams with too little respect. It’s also showing in the grumbling against some players and the manager! Remarkable given the season we’re having.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Daryl Dike on 22:35 - Feb 12 with 2451 viewstextbackup

Said it elsewhere, but hes actually too big to be a footballer. If he were to loose a couple of stone in muscle, I’d bet his injury situation would improve. The weight on his joints must be incredible

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Daryl Dike on 23:19 - Feb 12 with 2373 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Daryl Dike on 21:36 - Feb 12 by Churchman

Did it ?

Not where I was in the Churchman's it didn't. Lad was in tears and was being given all sorts of gestures from the people in the lower half of the stands. One of my mates who is a baggies fan said the same to me after the game about how many fans were giving him stick.

Hope he makes a full recovery. Horrible to see.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Daryl Dike on 23:49 - Feb 12 with 2279 viewsLeoMuff

Daryl Dike on 22:35 - Feb 12 by textbackup

Said it elsewhere, but hes actually too big to be a footballer. If he were to loose a couple of stone in muscle, I’d bet his injury situation would improve. The weight on his joints must be incredible

It surely isnt normal for a 23 year old to have ruptured both Achilles tendons.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Daryl Dike on 07:47 - Feb 13 with 2048 viewsChurchman

Daryl Dike on 23:19 - Feb 12 by TRUE_BLUE123

Did it ?

Not where I was in the Churchman's it didn't. Lad was in tears and was being given all sorts of gestures from the people in the lower half of the stands. One of my mates who is a baggies fan said the same to me after the game about how many fans were giving him stick.

Hope he makes a full recovery. Horrible to see.

From where I was I thought some of them did. By and large, most supporters are sympathetic towards injured players when they realise it’s for real.

I guess Lee Chadwick is the one exception I can think of. I was in Churchmans that day and he got torrents of abuse when he was carried off after Matthew Bates booted him into the hoardings.

Either way, I’m sure all wish Dike well. I gather Achilles injuries are truly horrible and one should not forget it’s his career and future health on the line.
[Post edited 13 Feb 7:58]
Daryl Dike on 08:26 - Feb 13 with 1932 viewsGeoffSentence

Daryl Dike on 22:30 - Feb 12 by 66notout

Ah, I see how it works. Boo the second an opposition player goes down injured and then applaud if they are stretchered off or similar. Win win.

Are you really going to double down on this?

It was quite clear, WBA had been time wasting from the off. Initially people in the crowd thought they were at it again. Attitudes changed when they realised he was really injured.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Daryl Dike on 08:35 - Feb 13 with 1906 views66notout

Daryl Dike on 08:26 - Feb 13 by GeoffSentence

Are you really going to double down on this?

It was quite clear, WBA had been time wasting from the off. Initially people in the crowd thought they were at it again. Attitudes changed when they realised he was really injured.

My point entirely.
Daryl Dike on 12:28 - Feb 13 with 1602 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Daryl Dike on 07:47 - Feb 13 by Churchman

From where I was I thought some of them did. By and large, most supporters are sympathetic towards injured players when they realise it’s for real.

I guess Lee Chadwick is the one exception I can think of. I was in Churchmans that day and he got torrents of abuse when he was carried off after Matthew Bates booted him into the hoardings.

Either way, I’m sure all wish Dike well. I gather Achilles injuries are truly horrible and one should not forget it’s his career and future health on the line.
[Post edited 13 Feb 7:58]

Luke Chadwick

Lee is a MMA fighter who would have been up for the challenge more than Luke!
Daryl Dike on 12:43 - Feb 13 with 1548 viewsRobTheMonk

When I was doing rehab for an injury, my physio told me about a rugby player who'd snapped his cruciate. Did all the rehab and in the day he go signed off, went out and got p1ssed, someone jumped on his back and boom, snapped again.

Rehabbing the same injury again and again is mentally and physically very tough.
Daryl Dike on 12:44 - Feb 13 with 1549 viewsJakeITFC

Semi-related, thought it was quite poor that we didn't throw the ball back to them after the injury either.
Daryl Dike on 14:10 - Feb 13 with 1392 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Also if he did not get injured would have most probably won. As he he only just been subbed on and then went off with Swift coming on who soon after got their 2nd goal.
Daryl Dike on 16:16 - Feb 13 with 1285 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Daryl Dike on 12:44 - Feb 13 by JakeITFC

Semi-related, thought it was quite poor that we didn't throw the ball back to them after the injury either.

Fairly sure we had possession when he went down injured and never lost it until the play was stopped so why would we give them possession in those circumstances?

Daryl Dike on 16:28 - Feb 13 with 1231 viewsLankHenners

Daryl Dike on 16:16 - Feb 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fairly sure we had possession when he went down injured and never lost it until the play was stopped so why would we give them possession in those circumstances?

Nah, Wallace booted it out and indicated why he'd done so then was going spare at the ref when we set up to take the throw normally.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Daryl Dike on 16:38 - Feb 13 with 1201 viewstractorboy1978

Daryl Dike on 12:44 - Feb 13 by JakeITFC

Yeah it was really poor from us I thought. Although I said to my mate 'ref will find a foul here' and he duly did!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024