Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest defeat whilst playing? 13:38 - Apr 11 with 1560 viewsskippysablue

What's yours?
I played a master's Over 45's cup game last week and we got beat 21-1!
I played the first half in goal and it was 8-1 at half time.
At the end of the game we found out that the opposition striker (who scored 11 goals) was playing for FC Bruges in Belgium 15 years ago! 6 of the other team members were playing state league in Western Australia 10 years ago!
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:03 - Apr 11 with 1402 viewsScuzzer

9-1. Twice. One when playing for PO Research with only 8 players...I scored the opening goal. Then for Tacket Street BB Old Boys...I scored our goal...an audacious lob of the keeper from the half way line.

Established 1968

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:05 - Apr 11 with 1394 viewsgainsboroughblue

11-0

We had 8 men to be fair. We'd have probably lost 4 or 5-0 with eleven men as we were pretty cack to be honest.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:06 - Apr 11 with 1383 viewsChurchman

7-1. In a cup final on Bromley Town’s ground. It wasn’t good.
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:21 - Apr 11 with 1360 viewsRyorry

Beaten 11-0 playing away in school’s second XI hockey team, age about 13.

I did save a potential 12th, sweeping in at LB to clear as they charged down the field. Happy days 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:24 - Apr 11 with 1335 viewsJ2BLUE

I played about 5 games for a newly formed Sunday league side. I think they were all friendlies. We conceded an average of 13 per game and scored one goal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:25 - Apr 11 with 1335 viewsGeoffSentence

10-1 for me. Cup game, we were playing a team two or three divisions above us, and it showed.

I actually scored our goal, a thunder bolt from about 30 yards after our one and only corner of the game. It brought the score back to 2-1 just before half time. For those few brief minutes at half time we genuinely thought we might be able to get a result, but it turned out that my goal only annoyed them and they turned the screw in the second half.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:26 - Apr 11 with 1335 viewsusm

18-0.
Playing the best team in our league, so we turned up with 9 players!
The manager had gone on holiday and hadnt bothered to get a 'squad' together so me and a few mates got together what we could and off we went to Brentwood.
They had ex-England fullback Paul Parker in their ranks but they didn't call on him.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:29 - Apr 11 with 1312 viewsBlueschev

Lost 10-0 in a veterans game a couple of years back. No subs, whole team hanging, miserable weather, against much fitter opposition. Not the most fun way to spend a Sunday.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:59 - Apr 11 with 1255 viewsbelgablue

I remember the reserve side of a team I played for as a teenager turned up with 8 players to a game. A car carrying four other players got stuck in traffic.

They started with 7 players and a sub because the sub was so bad they preferred to start with 7 and wait it out for the late arriving car. Can't remember the score but it was double figures. The thought of starting with 7 and a sub always cracks me up. The sub must have been dreadful.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 16:19 - Apr 11 with 1154 viewsSomethingBlue

15-0 for Claydon U15s against Kesgrave Kestrels in a cup game ... I remember it because Town were also playing that lunchtime – which was rare back then – against Sheff U but I chose to play rather than go because I'd started the season well and thought we could do something. Think I touched the ball about three times.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 16:50 - Apr 11 with 1104 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 14:05 - Apr 11 by gainsboroughblue

11-0

We had 8 men to be fair. We'd have probably lost 4 or 5-0 with eleven men as we were pretty cack to be honest.

Never really played football but did used to play hockey. I can recall playing with fewer than 11 several times but the one I remember most was visiting Harleston Magpies and taking the lead with only 7 or 8 players. It was the worst thing we could have done and we lost 10-1.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 17:50 - Apr 11 with 1023 viewsLesta_Tractor

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 16:50 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Never really played football but did used to play hockey. I can recall playing with fewer than 11 several times but the one I remember most was visiting Harleston Magpies and taking the lead with only 7 or 8 players. It was the worst thing we could have done and we lost 10-1.

I played a hockey match away at Uni of Warwick with a bare eleven and we lost 16-0 🙈

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 17:55 - Apr 11 with 1013 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 17:50 - Apr 11 by Lesta_Tractor

I played a hockey match away at Uni of Warwick with a bare eleven and we lost 16-0 🙈

A "bare eleven"?!

I am talking about a time when a substitute was the same as football not this modern rolling subs lark!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 17:55 - Apr 11 with 1013 viewsAsa

Played in an 18-0 defeat as a 17 year old playing men's football.

A couple of years ago my Veterans team won 15-2 and 16-1 in the same season. Neither were fun to be honest, even the latter which I scored 5 in. Much rather a hard fought match edged by the odd goal.

I played up Goals on a Monday many years ago and we lost 16-0 and Jack Marriott was playing around the time he was in and around the Town first team. I can't remember now exactly when but I think it was shortly after he'd come back from a loan at Woking.

Absolutely no way Mick would have been happy with that! Marriott must have scored all but one or two of their goals. Way out of our league. Some pretty hefty challenges on both sides too so a bit risky for a young pro.
[Post edited 11 Apr 17:56]
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 20:16 - Apr 11 with 868 viewsbritbiker

In the opposite direction. Played for silver end boys brigade which had some very good players. We played two Witham teams a week apart and won 32-0 and then 33-0.

Pretty impressive as games were obviously short due to our ages. Looking back it should never happen as we should have slowed down. Still have the news paper cuttings. Dont think I scored in either game though.
[Post edited 11 Apr 20:17]
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 20:24 - Apr 11 with 838 viewsClapham_Junction

Over 20-0. A mixed team of colleagues played against another organisation who put out an all men's team, who we later found out were a Sunday league team that played together regularly. We were wondering at the time why they had a proper kit...
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 20:33 - Apr 11 with 821 viewsMercian

Some London team I forget the name of as it was over 30 years ago 8 Gooch Plastics 1. I did score though. Second was RAF Kimbolton 6, 657 Squadron Army Air Corps 0.
[Post edited 11 Apr 20:35]
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 20:46 - Apr 11 with 798 viewsSwansea_Blue

We won 32-0 once in the cubs and I got well into double figures from centre mid lol. I got a bucket load of sweets and treats after that.

I can’t remember the defeats, but I briefly played for a pub side after getting back to playing and we were utterly sh*te. One of the lads used to take us to away matches in the back of his builders van and occasionally some of us would pile out and hurl up in the carp park. There were a few tactical chunders on the sidelines too if it had been a particularly heavy night before. We must have had some tonkings.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 21:05 - Apr 11 with 772 viewsFifeITFC

I had a few 16-0 defeats in the Colchester Sunday League during the 1990s.
[Post edited 11 Apr 21:06]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 21:37 - Apr 11 with 729 viewsCoastalblue

I think on the football pitch maybe 7 or 8 -0, but can remember losing 72-0 at rugby during my school days. We weren't actually that bad a side, a couple of us went on to play county level later on but we played King Edward Grammar School and they had one lad who was like Linford Christie's doppleganger. They fed the ball to him and he smashed through us, countless times.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 23:15 - Apr 11 with 655 viewsArnoldMoorhen

116-0

At university I lived with a bloke who had been on a YTS course as a snooker player. He used to regularly play Dave Harold amongst others, and very nearly turned pro.

I had had a 5 foot snooker table as a teenager, and hadn't played on a full size table before.

He asked me to go along to the local snooker hall (top floor of an Asian Supermarket, and owned by some members of UB40, who had their own private room with a table within it) and play a few times, so that he could practice.

I got up to a 5 or 6 ball break once, but the monotonous nature of playing a shot, missing, and then watching him knock in a 60 or so break wore me down.

I asked him if he could always play the second easiest/best shot available, to make it more competitive, and he looked at me like I was mad, because, he said, it would make break building impossible.

So I then suggested that instead of splitting the cost 50:50 we should divide it by time spent actually playing snooker, rather than watching a snooker obsessive playing snooker.

He refused.

I stopped going after that.
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 23:41 - Apr 11 with 642 viewsWicklowBlue

Lost count playing a mens 6ths game against a loaded college team on a shale pitch when I was was 20 and captain. Had 11 players a lot of colts and were absolutely muck, think it was 8 or 12 nil. Was pissed off lol

That reminds me of my worst or perhaps best learning experience captaining as hockey side a year later.

Same club, men's 3rds team had some handy players still back on the shale pitches and playing at home. (Our kit was all white and nifty but didn't go well with those pitches) Started off great, all over the oppo, remember smacking a Chingford ball up to our forward who took it on his reverse side and reverse hit a worldy in over the keepers head. One of the best goals I have seen over the years.

Went 3-0 up and were second in that league, a win put us top with promotion looming. Then just before halftime the heavens opened.

Started the second half drenched but easily in control, 10mins into the half pools of water were appearing on the pitch. The ball was getting held up and skipping over the water really messy game. The opposition were moaning about conditions and midway through the Refs called the captains in (I.e. me) to see if the game should continue. As a confident 21 year old went into the huddle knowing at this stage of the game if it's abandoned, no replay it would be marked down as a 3-3 draw.

In short, I decided stuff this well in front let's play on the other team just want to go home and salvage something.

We ended up losing 3-4 in a complete swimming pool of a game.
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 00:29 - Apr 12 with 609 viewsBugs

Wind assisted 6-0 up at half-time, including 4 goals scored by yours truly....lost 6-7. Horrendous. I don't think I got 4 touches of the ball in the second half.

Apart from the score and the goals I scored, the memorable thing of this game was running past an opposition defender to beat him to the ball and him exclaiming "fu*king hell" regarding how quick I was. Literally made me LOL while running in on goal. For a 6'4" lad, I was very quick, and substantially lighter 30 years ago. Oh, to be 19 again....
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 07:49 - Apr 12 with 483 viewsBuhrer

Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 00:29 - Apr 12 by Bugs

Wind assisted 6-0 up at half-time, including 4 goals scored by yours truly....lost 6-7. Horrendous. I don't think I got 4 touches of the ball in the second half.

Apart from the score and the goals I scored, the memorable thing of this game was running past an opposition defender to beat him to the ball and him exclaiming "fu*king hell" regarding how quick I was. Literally made me LOL while running in on goal. For a 6'4" lad, I was very quick, and substantially lighter 30 years ago. Oh, to be 19 again....

I have a similar memory that tickles me. Playing a casual game just having started uni so no one aware of my lack of skill and briefly being possessed by the footballing gods, skipping through their team I heard a lad say "watch him, he's dangerous". I crack up still. I always played left back sometimes centre half, had a good tackle (snarf), but not dangerous
Biggest defeat whilst playing? on 08:25 - Apr 12 with 439 viewsEuropablue

I can't remember exactly what the score was, 6-1 at home or something like that, but I was playing against a team some of my school friends played for (I think it was Heybridge Swifts), I do know that I played for Hatfield Peveral and it must have been in the cup because they were so much better than us that I think they got paid a few pounds to play. I played pretty well in defence clearing a few goals off the line. I just managed to stop my schoolmates from scoring against me, which was my main focus against a much better team. Maybe I was good enough to play for them, but I cared more about being loyal to my club and training would have been much harder to get to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024