Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link 23:56 - May 14 with 20790 viewsIllinoisblue

He wouldn’t, would he?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/14/manchester-united-ponde

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:33 - May 15 with 1723 viewsfooters

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:31 - May 15 by J2BLUE

We all know how thorough McKenna is. It wouldn't surprise me at all if these links were all paper talk and he's and he's just taking in a few games before the end of the season just to observe Prem teams/scout players.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he's at Old Trafford tonight or at Leeds, Southampton or a Premier League game when those matches take place over the next few days.

Poor sod should be on the beach. Testament to his professionalism.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:33 - May 15 with 1729 views_clive_baker_

We all know how thorough McKenna is. It wouldn't surprise me at all if these links were all paper talk and he's and he's just taking in a few games before the end of the season just to observe Prem teams/scout players.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he's at Old Trafford tonight or at Leeds, Southampton or a Premier League game when those matches take place over the next few days.

I reckon McKenna's agent has fuelled the fire for him just ahead of the 'Shopping list for next season' meeting Ashton put in his diary.
Come on for goodness sake on 13:34 - May 15 with 1717 viewsReus30

Come on for goodness sake on 12:48 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

This thread has genuinely blown my mind.

It always helps when the utter fannies come along and just argue like a gaggle of lardy woman outside a kebab shop on a Saturday night...

Give it a rest! You know who you are.
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:35 - May 15 with 1683 viewsRyorry

Of course.

I’d assumed, perhaps foolishly, that the links and speculations were down to a lot more than his attendance/s at some football matches!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:38 - May 15 with 1650 viewsReus30

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:26 - May 15 by PhilTWTD

Kieran's was with him at Villa the other night, Frank Trimboli.

Really? That is a bit more worrying I guess unless maybe they are best pals.
Come on for goodness sake on 13:42 - May 15 with 1609 viewstractorboy1978

Come on for goodness sake on 13:32 - May 15 by Ryorry

Re your first sentence - no, that doesn’t necessarily follow.

Not always but I'd suggest there would be a strong correlation between those saying he wouldn't leave for Man Utd and those calling him disloyal or moaning about it when he chose to go.
Come on for goodness sake on 13:43 - May 15 with 1589 viewstractorboy1978

Come on for goodness sake on 13:32 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

That's the thing though

"It's not even a debate, he would walk there"

It is a debate, unless you are KM or he has spoken to you directly.

We can all presume either side of it all we like, but just as we can't say he won't, you can't say he would.

You can't say I wouldn't shag Michelle Keegan if she offered me the chance.
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:51 - May 15 with 1526 viewswkj

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:31 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

So he's after the Liverpool job then.........

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1899388/Man-Utd-news-Kieran-McKenna-Liv according to this article

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:54 - May 15 with 1495 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 12:27 - May 15 by footers

Whoever backed 10+ @ evens, I'm paying out early.

Well done to all who played.

What are the odds on your getting banned again?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:59 - May 15 with 1470 viewsfooters

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:54 - May 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

What are the odds on your getting banned again?

Hmmm. I'll go out and say 50/1. Want to place a bet? I'll even do 40s for you.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Come on for goodness sake on 14:01 - May 15 with 1438 viewsFrimleyBlue

Come on for goodness sake on 13:43 - May 15 by tractorboy1978

depends.. has your partner just had a complete body overhaul, now at the same level of michelle keegan and if you knew that by shgging michelle but finishing early would be laughed at by thousands of people and the media, or quietly stick to what you know and enjoy the regular sessions with your partner without expectations......

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:02 - May 15 with 1459 viewsPhilTWTD

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:59 - May 15 by footers

Hmmm. I'll go out and say 50/1. Want to place a bet? I'll even do 40s for you.

I'll put £500 on at 50/1.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:03 - May 15 with 1437 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 12:35 - May 15 by StokieBlue

What is there to debate?

You've declared the opinion of a number of posters invalid because we "can't know McKenna's mind" whilst making an argument yourself which in order to be valid requires you to know his mind.

It's pointless to debate with any real vigour given this stance.

SB

What argument have I made which in order to be valid requires me to know his mind?

And I asked earlier, but you seem to have swerved: "so how can you firmly say you don't think he would go?" - you talk about evidence, where have I said this?

Seems to me you've decided what I'm saying without actually reading what I'm saying. And making ad hominem attacks like talking about me being in "a certain mood" or a silly pic of some blue glasses at Frimmers.

Guthers makes a similar point to me (albeit more eloquently) but doesn't seem to be getting the grief and patronisation for it:

"I suspect that McKenna has tremendous confidence in his own ability (plus background and experience). You don't get to such senior jobs without that. Moreover, he's either lived or seen very close up all the available options.

It's going to be an equation of specific circumstances, prospects and benefits for each path which guides his decision (should offers be made at this point). He's young and time is very much on his side. Comes across as a very cool head. I very much doubt he will be precipitately leaping one way or the other, snatching at any chance for fear they may not come again.

As I say, you're usually a lot better in a debate than this.

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:05 - May 15 with 1405 viewsgiant_stow

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:02 - May 15 by PhilTWTD

I'll put £500 on at 50/1.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Put your claws away Philip or I'll ban you.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brighton is literally…. on 14:08 - May 15 with 1359 viewsVegtablue

Brighton is literally…. on 09:56 - May 15 by Guthrum

But are we not already those things, with the added advantages of him being embedded in the club and having his selected squad already in place?

They just timed their rise a few years before we have.

One area in which Brighton feel lightyears ahead of us is in their recruitment. It wouldn't surprise me if enormous investment and time is required to replicate their scouting infrastructure. Another obvious area is playing squad. The likelihood of us achieving parity here within 1-2 years is slim to none I'd wager, unless Brighton are relegated in surprise circumstances.

I couldn't criticise him for wanting to demonstrate his capabilities with a middling PL budget, rather than the lowest. Normally, managers who compete at the bottom do so because they've yet to reach the necessary kudos to avoid this jeopardy. That being said, I'm optimistic the summer will pass and he'll remain at the wheel. Can't be fretting over this stuff for two months.
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:14 - May 15 with 1310 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:33 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

I reckon McKenna's agent has fuelled the fire for him just ahead of the 'Shopping list for next season' meeting Ashton put in his diary.

This.

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:20 - May 15 with 1247 viewsStokieBlue

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:03 - May 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

What argument have I made which in order to be valid requires me to know his mind?

And I asked earlier, but you seem to have swerved: "so how can you firmly say you don't think he would go?" - you talk about evidence, where have I said this?

Seems to me you've decided what I'm saying without actually reading what I'm saying. And making ad hominem attacks like talking about me being in "a certain mood" or a silly pic of some blue glasses at Frimmers.

Guthers makes a similar point to me (albeit more eloquently) but doesn't seem to be getting the grief and patronisation for it:

"I suspect that McKenna has tremendous confidence in his own ability (plus background and experience). You don't get to such senior jobs without that. Moreover, he's either lived or seen very close up all the available options.

It's going to be an equation of specific circumstances, prospects and benefits for each path which guides his decision (should offers be made at this point). He's young and time is very much on his side. Comes across as a very cool head. I very much doubt he will be precipitately leaping one way or the other, snatching at any chance for fear they may not come again.

As I say, you're usually a lot better in a debate than this.

"It's a very good point... and aligns with my point that nobody actually knows what McKenna wants. Most of the experts on here are projecting what they (and admittedly most other managers) would do. Has anyone actually asked Mr. McKenna wants out of life?"

Your taking the stance that he might want something out of life which doesn't involve getting the to the pinnacle of his profession (and admitting most other managers would want to do that) yet you've got no evidence for this and in your words you don't know his mind.

Why is your argument valid but the inverse argument that you've taken issue with invalid when both require the same source of evidence?

As an aside, it's a bit weird to expect people to reply to every post which might be vaguely similar to yours in an 11 page thread. I assume under this new rule you've invented you'll be replying to everyone (the majority of responders) who voiced similar views to my own?

SB
[Post edited 15 May 14:28]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 15:15 - May 15 with 1074 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 14:20 - May 15 by StokieBlue

"It's a very good point... and aligns with my point that nobody actually knows what McKenna wants. Most of the experts on here are projecting what they (and admittedly most other managers) would do. Has anyone actually asked Mr. McKenna wants out of life?"

Your taking the stance that he might want something out of life which doesn't involve getting the to the pinnacle of his profession (and admitting most other managers would want to do that) yet you've got no evidence for this and in your words you don't know his mind.

Why is your argument valid but the inverse argument that you've taken issue with invalid when both require the same source of evidence?

As an aside, it's a bit weird to expect people to reply to every post which might be vaguely similar to yours in an 11 page thread. I assume under this new rule you've invented you'll be replying to everyone (the majority of responders) who voiced similar views to my own?

SB
[Post edited 15 May 14:28]

Again, where have I said he definitely doesn't want to go to Man U?

All I've said is it's not a given that he jumps ship now. Lots of evidence has been listed as to why right now Man U might not be his best next move. That doesn't mean he won't of course, and nowhere have I said he definitely won't.

I'm responding to you because you're the one who said, "so how can you firmly say you don't think he would go?" ...when I've said nothing of the sort. I pointed this out and asked for your evidence of where I've said this. That you didn't respond very much looks like swerving because you've realised I haven't actually said what you reckoned I've said.

I'm not expecting you to reply to every post in an 11 page thread. You accused me of something I didn't say and I pointed it out. I think it's reasonable to expect a response in those circumstances, rather than just avoiding the fact that you wrongly accused me.

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 15:38 - May 15 with 969 viewsbluejacko

Mmmm have Man U actually sacked their manager then?
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 15:44 - May 15 with 941 viewsJ2BLUE

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 15:38 - May 15 by bluejacko

Mmmm have Man U actually sacked their manager then?

Pretty safe bet isn't it? If he's still manager 48 hours after the cup final I will be amazed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 21:18 - May 15 with 720 viewsmarKoffC

Is there a scenario where some Southgate/McKenna dream ticket arrangement forms part of Jim Ratcliffe's renaissance plans..
Come on for goodness sake on 21:25 - May 15 with 705 viewssmithy69

Come on for goodness sake on 13:43 - May 15 by tractorboy1978

Kevin keegan?
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 23:25 - May 15 with 604 viewsitfctilidie

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:33 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

I think this could be close to the mark.

Ten Hag also in last year of contract. McKenna hasn't yet led a team in the Premier League and I don't believe he would be the sort of person to lead us there then walk out leaving us up sh1t creek during our preparation period.

The common sense approach for United would be to let Ten Hag see out his final year, and this summer start the clear out and start planning "McKenna Type" players to bring in. McKenna then gets a season with Ipswich in the Premiership to gain experience and also leave Ipswich in a good position to sustain in the Premier League. McKenna joins United next summer with them in a position where expectations are low and he has more time to build a squad and implement his ways.
Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 05:41 - May 16 with 496 viewsTractorWood

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 13:22 - May 15 by quirkie

I don't understand why Man Utd are not looking at Rooney, he is a legend there and he helped a side get out of the Championship this season.
[Post edited 15 May 13:23]

What a player. That said he was on the Man United Vs Newcastle punditry team and the guy literally cannot string a sentence together. Can't believe he's had as many chances in management as he has done.

McKenna would almost certainly go if offered. I appreciate he's basically the hottest property in football but I think it says a lot about Man United that they would be willing to hire someone who's never managed in the Prem. I think McK would get eaten alive by the shambles if he left now. 18 months time after someone has taken the bins out would be much smarter.
[Post edited 16 May 5:47]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 01:03 - May 21 with 199 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Guardian reporting McKenna to Man Utd link on 00:15 - May 15 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t think he leaves us yet.

I do know some quite interesting def info about the Palace situation though a few months back but wouldn’t dare want to say anything whilst he’s still with us. So instead I’ll just tease you all and hope I remember to come back to this thread in the future.

Build him a statue as far as I’m concerned. Even if he left us tomorrow.

Only five days on but I expect I’ll be able to say what happened with Palace relatively soon unfortunately.

The Brighton move has a real chance. Of the three clubs interested, Brighton are the likeliest by a mile.

It’s absolutely gutting if he goes

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024