Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on 16:00 - May 22 with 33545 viewsBluebacker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:00 - May 22 with 2767 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:58 - May 22 by Herbivore

We can't make any signings currently anyway. Season hasn't even finished yet.

Hence I said proposed signings. I imagine clubs would still be in talks with other teams and fee agents?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:01 - May 22 with 2720 viewsEuropablue

What makes this credible is that they mentioned Martyn Pert, who they probably only heard of today, what makes it uncredible is that they mentioned a 4 million release when it's at least 8 million. Honestly, a random fan of the club knows more than these writers.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:03 - May 22 with 2671 viewsEuropablue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:01 - May 22 by Asa

There was a time that this being on the BBC would be a massive concern but given the hit and miss nature of some of their recent articles I'm not quite on full alert just yet.

It almost has the vibe of guesswork and is a bit contradictory. Suggesting McKenna and Pert want to go and there is no panic from Ipswich is somewhat at odds. I'm sure we'll have a top replacement identified and lined up, it's what Ashton does, but the no panic bit suggests we think we can keep him whilst the rest is basically saying he wants to go.
[Post edited 22 May 16:03]

It doesn't make any sense that McKenna and Pert want to move on. Move on the what? Don't try and tell me that they just want to leave, they might want to go to a particular club if the conditions are right, but they won't just resign with no job lined up. The details are very important.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:06 - May 22 with 2615 viewsEuropablue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:07 - May 22 by SmithersJones

I’m wondering whether there’s a bit of careful story-placement going on, in both this and the earlier reports of the new contract offer.

We shouldn't forget that each time we click on these vague articles that say nothing definitive and nothing that can really be disputed, we are creating revenue or at least engagement, so there is a massive incentive to say these types of things just for the clicks.
They could have said that it's time to move on from the dessert table at the LMAs.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:08 - May 22 with 2581 viewsAmerican_ITFC

All these writers are just assuming and predicting and paraphrasing what everyone else is saying.

It's all getting a bit ridiculous and while obviously would love McKenna to stay, at this point if he doesn't I won't much care either. Just getting boring.

Man U: Dream job but tough situation and fans will get on his back quickly, hell could be gone by Christmas.

Chelsea: Boehly is a garbage owner and see above about the fans.

Brighton: Again don't care about the BS of having an 'established' Prem team, sideways move if ever there was one.
[Post edited 22 May 18:09]

I need a beer

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:08 - May 22 with 2558 viewsEuropablue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 by henryblue

It must be all that negativity we've been showing in this forum recently that's swayed him

McKenna has children, he knows how they get overly emotional because they reject him before he has a chance to reject them.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:10 - May 22 with 2551 viewsBroadbent23

BBC is not squeaky clean with fake documentary footage and bad employment decisions and ageist and sexist decision making. They came out with the Cliff Richard story without checking the facts. If he is loyal and honest person KM will stay for the short term at least.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:11 - May 22 with 2495 viewsEuropablue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:15 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Not difficult to guess where that will have come from. Heard before that the agent favours Chelsea as KMc's next club. I don't see that happening.

I wonder what the agent's motivation for pushing for Chelsea could be?
Login to get fewer ads

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:12 - May 22 with 2460 viewsEuropablue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:16 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Think that actually came rather closer than we realised at the time.

That's what I took from his comment about how he showed loyalty.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:14 - May 22 with 2418 viewsBattersea_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:53 - May 22 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Not good.

Sounds like we could be left hanging for a while yet.

Even if Man Utd sack ETH on Sunday, they will have their own process to follow, by which time we're into June before KMc leaves and we can make an approach for a new manager.

They’ll have their process, yes, but would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the LMA dinner when Kieran probably had a private conversation with Sir Alex, who undoubtedly still pulls some strings at Utd and that was the perfect opportunity to tip him the wink.

Based on no inside info whatsoever and part of the reason this is dragging on far too long, is I feel Utd want him. If so, they obviously have to wait until after the cup final to sack ETH, after which things can move quickly.

Kieran/his agent are obviously treading water/buying time by being non committal. There must be reasons for this, or by now he would have it clear he was staying.

For me, as mentioned by others, the euphoria from Huddersfield and the ensuing days has evaporated. Sorry Kieran, this whole situation has been handled very poorly.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:16 - May 22 with 2367 viewsCheltenham_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:58 - May 22 by Herbivore

We can't make any signings currently anyway. Season hasn't even finished yet.

Come on Herbs. You know most of the work for early signings is done before the window opens.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:18 - May 22 with 2287 viewsSmithersJones

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:49 - May 22 by Scuzzer

Complete and utter drivel born from half cocked speculation. How does that hack know what they are thinking?
Pile of tripe.

I think it’s very likely he’s been fed that line by McKenna’s agent, so it’s more than speculation. Whether it’s actually what he’s thinking, or just a negotiating tactic, is a different question but if it’s the latter then, as others have said, it doesn’t bode well for future relationships.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:18 - May 22 with 2266 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:15 - May 22 by IP4_Blue

You must have a good agent Phil

I sacked him after he tried to force a move to Canary Corner.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:18 - May 22 with 2258 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:11 - May 22 by Europablue

I wonder what the agent's motivation for pushing for Chelsea could be?

Because he’d be given a contract for five years and only have to work for a maximum of one?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:19 - May 22 with 2240 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:55 - May 22 by Parky

Is this not really going to hinder our pre-season plans? Man Utd still have a manager, if this continues, no player is going to sign for us not knowing what’s going on with the manager.

You'd hope it would all be concluded sooner rather than later. Man U situation may well become clearer after the FA Cup final.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:19 - May 22 with 2230 viewsSwansea_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:22 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Just what I've heard. Agent is definitely pushing for Chelsea though.

That's the best answer to Gav's questions to me about my views on agents. If Kieran's agent was really working in the best interest of his client, wouldn't you expect Kieran to be pushing for Chelsea? It should be about what Keiran wants, not what the agent wants. I can't imagine Kieran's told him 'I want out, go and see what you can get for me from Chelsea. If that doesn't work try and get the best deal you can from Brighton'. I just can't see that.

I'm possibly barking up the wrong tree here, it just seems to me that the agents are the tail wagging the dog.

Just to add- you hear it with players sometimes when there's speculation, that they'll 'leave it to their agent'. I wouldn't want someone else dictating my career so they can gain financially.
[Post edited 22 May 18:22]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:23 - May 22 with 2125 viewsstonojnr

It completely shows up as speculation by suggesting Chelsea are in pole position, I'd think Kieran isn't as smart as we think he is if he left Town now to go anywhere, he'd a complete idiot to take the Chelsea job on.

I totally get why he wouldn't sign another new deal with us at this stage as it would no doubt come with conditions regardless of the wage packet increase that are completely biased in the clubs favour and limit his future options.

That doesnt mean he's about to leave
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:25 - May 22 with 2058 viewsSwansea_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:55 - May 22 by Parky

Is this not really going to hinder our pre-season plans? Man Utd still have a manager, if this continues, no player is going to sign for us not knowing what’s going on with the manager.

Good question, it needs to not drag on. I'm reasonably confident that Ashton and co. have it all under control, whatever the outcome. But we can't let it get in the way of recruitment, which should already be quite advanced in terms of feelers, nor pre-season training plans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:31 - May 22 with 1946 viewsrkc123

As others have said, it's all getting a little messy, let's just hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later. I'll be honest if McKenna goes I think it's a huge job to stay up, the squad isn't a premier league squad, the edge McKenna gives us is huge in my opinion, so if he's going to leave we need as much time as we can to get a new manager and players in to have any chance next season.

I get the feeling he wants Man U, and is leveraging the other two (through his agent) to push for that. I always thought he'd do one season with us in the prem and then probably move on, and if he did that he would truly leave with my best wishes, and I would enjoy any success he achieves. If he leaves this summer it will sour things somewhat.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:34 - May 22 with 1866 viewsChurchman

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:18 - May 22 by SmithersJones

I think it’s very likely he’s been fed that line by McKenna’s agent, so it’s more than speculation. Whether it’s actually what he’s thinking, or just a negotiating tactic, is a different question but if it’s the latter then, as others have said, it doesn’t bode well for future relationships.

McKenna’s agent is just that. He works for KM. anything and everything he says and does is on behalf of Kieran - so the accountability lies with KM. end of.

The clock is ticking. McKenna wants to be here or he doesn’t. One short phone call to his agent and the speculation ends.

Yes, I get it’s his career. But the football club is far more important than that. To give next season a real go, it needs 100% commitment from everybody, just as it had last season. No I’ll sign a contract but if… Anyone not buying into that, whoever they are, needs to go.

It’s easy to forget that Gamechanger and Ashton were in place and shovelling well before McKenna and his people arrived. They built the club, McKenna built the team. A great partnership. That what KM wanted aligned with the owners and Ashton was brilliant.

I desperately hope he stays and is committed as he’s appeared to date. I hope this speculation is all nonsense. If it isn’t, I hope he moves on this week. No waiting on United next week. That’s disrespectful to Ipswich Town.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:36 - May 22 with 1806 viewsibbleobble

What is hilarious about this and incredibly naive from a journalist is he states they “have ambition and feel like it’s time to leave”. Real ambition is taking a League One side to the Champions League final, that’s real ambition.

Dropping into a smaller club who have been in the PL longer isn’t ambition.
Going to a basket case of a club like Chelsea who have had 10 managers in 8-years isn’t aspirational or desirable.
Man Utd is the obvious next step but even the most hysterical know it’s too early for that.

So where does that leave us?
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:42 - May 22 with 1678 viewsWonky

Watching the recent KOA interview with Mark Schwartz I found strange that he heaps praise on Ashton but literally doesn't mention Mckenna. This might be the reason why.
[Post edited 22 May 18:43]
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:43 - May 22 with 1657 viewsbaxterbasics

I'll be distraught if he goes. But..

After the last two seasons, McKenna owes us nothing. HIs legendary status is assured.

I just hope it isn't to Chelsea, their fans are *such* twits.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:53 - May 22 with 1459 viewsEuropablue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:41 - May 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He’s almost manufacturing it that KM HAS to leave. If he creates enough bad blood between the club/MA and McKenna it’s going to ruin any working relationship and trust going forwards. If none of these moves materialise, it’s going to be very difficult moving forward.

Firing the agent would heal any rift there.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 18:57 - May 22 with 1372 viewsEuropablue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:45 - May 22 by portmanking

Well we've already lost that head start on the PO teams, haven't we? They play this weekend and no sane player is going to be keen on putting pen to paper on a deal while this saga continues.

Maybe, just maybe, this is our first taste of why bottom half teams despise the Premier League but can't afford to leave it?

It will be a distraction, but we won't be signing anyone until the window opens, so what they are doing now is doing the legwork. I am sure that they are sorting out the retained list and who will be let go. They will be talking behind the scenes to find moves for players they want off the books and lining up potential replacements. The problem is that anyone that KM is lining up might tempt him if he did move and he might take a couple of our current players with him. Anyway, I'm at the point now where I just want a clear resolution to this so that the club can plan for the new season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024