Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week 19:37 - May 23 with 7765 viewsKorrupt

Itfc have commented apparently
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:37 - May 23 with 5808 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So what have ITFC commented?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:39 - May 23 with 5745 viewsLibero

Didn't he visit them last week after or before taking in a game up north? Or am I imagining that? - pretty sure I saw it commented on- before things started getting silly.
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:40 - May 23 with 5687 viewsKorrupt

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:37 - May 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

So what have ITFC commented?

Just saying they want him to stay. Got those words from SSN breaking news
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:50 - May 23 with 5455 viewsitfcsuth

As long as all handled respectfully towards Ipswich by KMc and Man Utd, would wish him all the very best going to Man Utd, I think that really would be his dream move.

Would be interesting to see how he does, it’s a different ball game all together at Man Utd, fallen off so far in the last 10 years or so, and it’s getting harder and harder to make the ground back up.

Really would wish him the very best.
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:50 - May 23 with 5418 viewsRyorry

Surely MU would wait till after the cup final? I’d have thought it a bit disruptive to be holding them beforehand.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:57 - May 23 with 5205 viewsChurchman

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:50 - May 23 by Ryorry

Surely MU would wait till after the cup final? I’d have thought it a bit disruptive to be holding them beforehand.

I don’t think they care a jot about the FA Cup. Firstly they know they’ll lose and secondly given they once withdrew from it, it’s not important to them any more than it is Man City.

Their current manager must feel a million dollars reading/hearing this. It’s a bit……unseemly treating him like the rubbish being put out for the binmen.

Still, he’ll ride off into the sunset with a whopping pay off I guess.
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 20:03 - May 23 with 5062 viewsSimonds92

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:50 - May 23 by itfcsuth

As long as all handled respectfully towards Ipswich by KMc and Man Utd, would wish him all the very best going to Man Utd, I think that really would be his dream move.

Would be interesting to see how he does, it’s a different ball game all together at Man Utd, fallen off so far in the last 10 years or so, and it’s getting harder and harder to make the ground back up.

Really would wish him the very best.

Yeah i think realistically you can't begrudge him the move there and we all know we would do exactly the same if ITFC came calling. A lot of people forget he's been in and around the top of that club and knows the inner workings of it. If he thinks he can turn that shambles round I certainly wouldn't bet against him.
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 20:07 - May 23 with 4961 viewsitfcserbia

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 19:50 - May 23 by Ryorry

That's just how much they believe in winning the FA cup.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 20:07 - May 23 with 4959 viewsSwansea_Blue

If they’ve got any sense, they’ll be lining him up for 12 or 24 months time. And that’s all this could be - nobody knows.

Didn’t City court Pep for a year or more? I think Liverpool did with Klopp too (possibly, memory like a goldfish).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 20:33 - May 23 with 4672 viewsArnieM

My friend ( a die hard Town fan,) told me this last week, but I kept saying, no way can this be true. Oh well,

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:06 - May 23 with 4337 viewsBossy

To everyone saying that those of us saying this were just imagining it, where are you (to quote Delia).

Hopefully it’s done very soon so we can get on with getting a manager that actually wants to manage us in the EPL.

This fella has been chatting to Brighton, Chelsea AND Man Utd. And to think some people are still saying he wants to manage us in the prem? Ever heard of the phrase “read the room”?
[Post edited 23 May 21:08]

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:21 - May 23 with 4203 viewsJimmy86

The way that all this is playing out is an absolute horror show! Bearing in mind how much the club have tightened up their dealings in the transfer window and stopping leaks etc.

this goes completely against the grain as far as that is concerned... It's disrespectful to ITFC, having become a hero, with back to back promotions, going into our biggest season in 20+ years and also disrespectful to Ten Hag, as for now, he's still in post... Football is a brutal business!!

The fact it's all being played out in the media and in the public domain is not a good look!
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:22 - May 23 with 4164 viewsBossy

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:21 - May 23 by Jimmy86

The way that all this is playing out is an absolute horror show! Bearing in mind how much the club have tightened up their dealings in the transfer window and stopping leaks etc.

this goes completely against the grain as far as that is concerned... It's disrespectful to ITFC, having become a hero, with back to back promotions, going into our biggest season in 20+ years and also disrespectful to Ten Hag, as for now, he's still in post... Football is a brutal business!!

The fact it's all being played out in the media and in the public domain is not a good look!

Hey, you’re not allowed that opinion. Stop wetting the bed and getting your knickers in a twist. Instead just put your head in the sand and assume the fact that his representatives are talking to every club going as just idle paper talk.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:32 - May 23 with 4051 viewsolimar

Think the headline probably over exaggerates that situation to draw attention (not Phil, but Sky).
I assume it wouldnt be at all unusual for McKennas agent to contact United (and probably anyone else relevant) and say "I know you havent made any decisions, but just to let you know that the release clause on Keiran is £4m and we would be interested in speaking to you if there was an opportunity etc".
And for all we know, United give a standard, thanks for letting us know, appreciate that.

McKennas agent then leaks to the press that the representatives have had a meeting, which doesnt actually imply that there was a job discussed, or that United instigated the meeting, which in turn gets the press reporting a "breaking story" and probably helps to put a bit more pressure on Chelsea in turn, to get them to perhaps make an offer etc etc.

It doesnt mean he isnt leaving, of course, but its the same as the breaking news that Chelsea are contacting Leicester about speaking to Maresca- they are probably doing that for anyone they are interested in as a formality. And they will no doubt tomorrow break the same news, but for Ipswich and McKenna....
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:44 - May 23 with 3927 viewsSuffolktractor

Being serious. Why would Man Utd with all their vast wealth and pull, go for a manager who has 2 years managerial experience, one in 3rd division and one in the second division. He’s never managed for one game in the top league of any country in the world. Yes he has bags of potential but machines like Man Utd are not interested in potential, they need results straight away, hence spending tens of millions on players who we have never heard of, who generally turn out to be total wasters. A sensible move for them may be to get McKenna in and guarantee he will have at least 3 years to rebuild their sh*t show, but that will not happen, the fans and the prima donna players will make sure of that.
They should stick to the tried and tested formula of getting the next big foreign manager in and throwing millions at him to keep the brand somewhere near the promised land of the Champions League.

Same applies to Chelsea.
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:53 - May 23 with 3836 viewsBloomBlue

I wonder if it was one of those situations where a fan phoned ssn and said last week there was a car in Tesco's car park in Manchester with a number plate KMC 1 ?

In all seriousness why would a club as big as ManU need to speak to KMs reps? They will know if they want him all they have to do is phone Ashton and ask to officially talk with KM. He's never going to turn down the change of managing ManU
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:58 - May 23 with 3711 viewsFrimleyBlue

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:53 - May 23 by BloomBlue

I wonder if it was one of those situations where a fan phoned ssn and said last week there was a car in Tesco's car park in Manchester with a number plate KMC 1 ?

In all seriousness why would a club as big as ManU need to speak to KMs reps? They will know if they want him all they have to do is phone Ashton and ask to officially talk with KM. He's never going to turn down the change of managing ManU

If there is a release clause then they don't need ashton approval.

You also imagine if reps have met it's to discuss actual details not as I've read elsewhere on here, just to fund our the release clause fee.

Reps don't meet just to find out a release clause fee.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:04 - May 23 with 3638 viewsArmaghBlue

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 20:03 - May 23 by Simonds92

Yeah i think realistically you can't begrudge him the move there and we all know we would do exactly the same if ITFC came calling. A lot of people forget he's been in and around the top of that club and knows the inner workings of it. If he thinks he can turn that shambles round I certainly wouldn't bet against him.

His career will go backwards after he leaves us. He will never get the same support from the club as he does here.
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:10 - May 23 with 3546 viewsMJallday

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:04 - May 23 by ArmaghBlue

His career will go backwards after he leaves us. He will never get the same support from the club as he does here.

If he finishes 7th in the PL with us he’d get a statue
If he finishes 7th in the PL with MU he’d get sacked

I know which I’d choose

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:13 - May 23 with 3492 viewsRyorry

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:04 - May 23 by ArmaghBlue

What Special Knowledge do you have that he won’t still be here in 3 years’ time, leading our Champs League campaign?

Poll: Time of the annunciation

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:18 - May 23 with 3421 viewsBloomBlue

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:58 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

If there is a release clause then they don't need ashton approval.

You also imagine if reps have met it's to discuss actual details not as I've read elsewhere on here, just to fund our the release clause fee.

Reps don't meet just to find out a release clause fee.

They will still require Ashton/Town's permission to talk with KM even if he has a release cause. He's still employed under a contract, the release cause is the figure another club will have to pay to release him from the contract.
Normally what will happened is the club (ManU) approach Ipswich ask for permission to talk with the Manager, the club will confirm the other club (ManU) will pay the release figure and if yes give permission.

I forget which one now but a few years ago a club refused another club permission to talk with their mgr because while they were prepared to pay the release cause they wanted to pay it in installments, but the club want it in a single payment. They did eventually reach an agreement on that and the club was given permission to talk with the manager
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 23:11 - May 23 with 3237 viewsArmaghBlue

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:13 - May 23 by Ryorry

What Special Knowledge do you have that he won’t still be here in 3 years’ time, leading our Champs League campaign?

Nope, I don’t have special knowledge, but I do know should he leave, he will be back in the championship or below pretty sharpish
[Post edited 24 May 0:44]
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 08:56 - May 24 with 2875 viewsMeadowlark

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 22:13 - May 23 by Ryorry

I have seen nothing but rumours and not one shred of evidence to support any of them.
I expect KM is enjoying a holiday and is blissfully unaware of interest from ManU, £5m contracts, supporters baying for his blood, Chelsea talking to his agents (does he even have an agent?) and all the other stuff.
He'll be back at work in a couple of weeks and wonder what the hell has been going on.
SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 12:58 - Jun 1 with 2328 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 21:06 - May 23 by Bossy

To everyone saying that those of us saying this were just imagining it, where are you (to quote Delia).

Hopefully it’s done very soon so we can get on with getting a manager that actually wants to manage us in the EPL.

This fella has been chatting to Brighton, Chelsea AND Man Utd. And to think some people are still saying he wants to manage us in the prem? Ever heard of the phrase “read the room”?
[Post edited 23 May 21:08]

Ever heard of the phrase “patience is a virtue”?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 13:02 - Jun 1 with 2254 viewsSarge

SSN reporting McKenna representatives met Man utd last week on 12:58 - Jun 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Ever heard of the phrase “patience is a virtue”?

There’s been a curious silence from Mr Bossy ever since his premature and relentless pant-wetting proved to be for nothing hasn’t there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024