Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours 01:02 - Jul 5 with 8149 viewsCokeIsKey

What strange week this has been.

[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 1:03]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 01:05 - Jul 5 with 7061 viewswkj

As far as I am aware from the Twitter maelstrom tonight, The Xhamster link has been outed as fake, but the disgusting tweets seem genuine.

Either way, this whole story and fundraiser always felt odd and very uncomfortable - even before this noncesense.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 01:49 - Jul 5 with 6963 viewsIllinoisblue

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 01:05 - Jul 5 by wkj

As far as I am aware from the Twitter maelstrom tonight, The Xhamster link has been outed as fake, but the disgusting tweets seem genuine.

Either way, this whole story and fundraiser always felt odd and very uncomfortable - even before this noncesense.

Shame and then more shame on anybody who donated to this ridiculous cause.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 03:29 - Jul 5 with 6875 viewsKievthegreat

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 01:05 - Jul 5 by wkj

Having read what I assume are the right tweets (searching his name now is mostly memes), are they what everyone is insinuating? It seems unlikely someone would make comments to deliberately imply what he's being accused of and the whole basis seems to be regarding the use of the 'wink'. Wouldn't it have been a much more innocent emoji back then (these tweets are from about 10 years ago)? I remember some people that would use a wink as a marker for a joke without implying something sexual in the distant past.

Some screenshots supposedly from his Instagram look a bit creepy as they are of strangers in public, but that's nothing compared or related to what is being thrown around.

My gut tells me this is going to be one of those trials by social media where some tweets taken out of context, plus some fake posting like the xhamster leads to a railroading of an innocent man. At this point it's just the innocence in question as the trial is in full swing.

Ps. I've tried avoiding saying exactly what hes accused as I'm not sure Phil wants explicit allegations on here.
Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 04:30 - Jul 5 with 6824 viewsRyorry

He's turned his account into a 'protected' one (so no-one can see his tweets unless they were already following him); & the tweet you're trying to show has been deleted. It's possible someone got a screen grab of it when it was live to post later.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 06:52 - Jul 5 with 6596 viewsFixed_It

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 01:49 - Jul 5 by Illinoisblue

I'm sure most who did did so with the best of intentions - albeit rather misguided.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 07:00 - Jul 5 with 6533 viewswkj

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 03:29 - Jul 5 by Kievthegreat

Having read what I assume are the right tweets (searching his name now is mostly memes), are they what everyone is insinuating? It seems unlikely someone would make comments to deliberately imply what he's being accused of and the whole basis seems to be regarding the use of the 'wink'. Wouldn't it have been a much more innocent emoji back then (these tweets are from about 10 years ago)? I remember some people that would use a wink as a marker for a joke without implying something sexual in the distant past.

Some screenshots supposedly from his Instagram look a bit creepy as they are of strangers in public, but that's nothing compared or related to what is being thrown around.

My gut tells me this is going to be one of those trials by social media where some tweets taken out of context, plus some fake posting like the xhamster leads to a railroading of an innocent man. At this point it's just the innocence in question as the trial is in full swing.

Ps. I've tried avoiding saying exactly what hes accused as I'm not sure Phil wants explicit allegations on here.

There are jokes close to the line, and then there are plain two footed tackles. I don't think the guy is genuinely a nonce, but he has had zero self-awareness and joked about some genuinely chilling and unsettling comments that should not ever be part of the public domain.

He could be the nicest, most straight-laced human on the planet for all I know, but he's set himself up for scrutiny after what is quite honestly a flimsy GoFundMe that thrust him into the greater awareness of the world. He's got to live with the gravity of his banter - it is self inflicted all the way.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 07:11 - Jul 5 with 6439 viewsJ2BLUE

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 01:49 - Jul 5 by Illinoisblue

Job done for the organiser though. He got the attention he wanted.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 07:11 - Jul 5 with 6435 viewsOldboy

I am amazed how easily people part with their money. So many great causes out there of course, but this one was very strange from the outset.
Login to get fewer ads

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 08:41 - Jul 5 with 6031 viewsZx1988

A quick look on Twitter makes for incredibly uncomfortable and cringeworthy viewing. The waste of space who started this whole pile-on should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and I would hope that they have a rather hefty libel case coming their way.

I get that people might not agree with the GoFundMe that this chap set up, but at the same time it's not doing any harm, and nobody is forced to donate to it. If you look at some of the negative comments regarding it on Twitter, it seems to have rubbed the right people up the wrong way, which almost goes to prove his original point.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 08:54 - Jul 5 with 5942 viewsSaigonTractor

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 06:52 - Jul 5 by Fixed_It

I'm sure most who did did so with the best of intentions - albeit rather misguided.

Someone I follow made the point that this whole saga sums up the British people at large. Fundamentally considerate and generous, but with absolutely no political awareness.

This attitude also led to the clapping last year. Nice gesture that does absolutely nothing to address the problem in the first place.
Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 08:55 - Jul 5 with 5923 viewsDanTheMan

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 08:54 - Jul 5 by SaigonTractor

Someone I follow made the point that this whole saga sums up the British people at large. Fundamentally considerate and generous, but with absolutely no political awareness.

This attitude also led to the clapping last year. Nice gesture that does absolutely nothing to address the problem in the first place.

We've given them a cross now too.

Yay.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 08:57 - Jul 5 with 5898 viewstextbackup

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 07:11 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

surprised cruncher hasn't tried to claim he started the gofund me page first

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 09:16 - Jul 5 with 5752 viewsMerseyBlue

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 03:29 - Jul 5 by Kievthegreat

Yeah I do think there has been a lot of jumping to conclusions here. Somebody maliciously altered a screenshot of someone else's xhamster account in a bid to discredit this guy.

Then when people went hunting for old tweets with that seed planted in their brain, they interpreted things in a way that fit the narrative they had already decided upon. Most of the tweets come across as a bloke talking about his own kids or friends kids sarcastically being a pain in the backside. The winks on these posts seem to have just tipped some people over the edge on this because they've already made up their mind.

The Instagram posts are weird and pervy, but that doesn't mean he's a nonce. It just means he might be a bit of a dirty old man who thinks that 'bird watching' is perfectly normal. Not defending that either, just differentiating it from what he is being accused of.

Think this is another case of the twitter mob just jumping on someone without any real evidence, and then refusing to budge on what they've committed to when it turns out that a big assumption was wrong. Depressing that these show trials are so prevalent now, particularly without any actual evidence. It's like being in a Black Mirror episode.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 09:18 - Jul 5 with 5737 viewsclive_baker

The whole thing is just f***ing weird, I wish people would drop it.

Taking to social media to laugh at a girl crying was odd. Making meme's of a girl crying was odd. Some of the content was completely inappropriate. Setting up a gofundme page for her is also rather odd.

Why this things can't just be left I don't know. Very odd, unsavoury, and definitely takes some of the gloss off what was otherwise a great night / achievement from our team.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 09:22 - Jul 5 with 5677 viewsChiefXL

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 07:11 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

I seriously doubt this is the type of attention he wanted.
Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 09:22 - Jul 5 with 5658 viewsdavblue

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 08:57 - Jul 5 by textbackup

surprised cruncher hasn't tried to claim he started the gofund me page first

Careful, you will start another war of words.
Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 10:15 - Jul 5 with 5479 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 09:18 - Jul 5 by clive_baker

Taking to social media to laugh at a girl crying was odd. Making meme's of a girl crying was odd. Some of the content was completely inappropriate. Setting up a gofundme page for her is also rather odd.

Why this things can't just be left I don't know. Very odd, unsavoury, and definitely takes some of the gloss off what was otherwise a great night / achievement from our team.

I hardly think it takes any gloss off the win. Just avoid twitter and you'll be fine.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 11:01 - Jul 5 with 5305 viewsJ2BLUE

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 09:22 - Jul 5 by ChiefXL

I seriously doubt this is the type of attention he wanted.

Not 100% sure what you're referring to but can take a guess from the comments above. That's Twitter isn't it? People constantly on the look out for literally anything to destroy you with.

However it might end up, when you start one of these you end up getting an interview or an appearance on tv.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 11:06 - Jul 5 with 5279 viewstextbackup

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 09:22 - Jul 5 by davblue

Careful, you will start another war of words.

I want to be leader of the den of raats

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 11:06 - Jul 5 with 5275 viewsclive_baker

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 10:15 - Jul 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

I hardly think it takes any gloss off the win. Just avoid twitter and you'll be fine.

Avoiding Twitter is fine, but I've still seen multiple threads on here about it and articles in the press. Mad that it's still a thing a week after the game.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 11:11 - Jul 5 with 5231 viewsitfcjoe

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl outed as a n0nce on 11:06 - Jul 5 by textbackup

I want to be leader of the den of raats

We can start calling you Splinter.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 11:12 - Jul 5 with 5218 viewsKropotkin123

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 09:18 - Jul 5 by clive_baker

Agreed. When I last looked I saw the amount on the gofundme page had reached £35k. Just highlighted to me how easy it is to dupe people out of their money. No wonder there are so many scammers out there.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 11:18 - Jul 5 with 5163 viewsEwan_Oozami

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 11:12 - Jul 5 by Kropotkin123

Agreed. When I last looked I saw the amount on the gofundme page had reached £35k. Just highlighted to me how easy it is to dupe people out of their money. No wonder there are so many scammers out there.

I'm beginning to think I'm in the wrong job...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 11:26 - Jul 5 with 5091 viewsVaughan8

I do find this gofundme thing a bit odd. As others have said, there a loads of real charities with real causes that need money especially after the last year or so.

Yet £35k of people's money has gone to this. The family probably didn't want this, and its just highlighting the situation more which probably would have gone away after a day or two.

Obviously the comments are disgraceful but that's social media unfortunately. some people have no filter.
Organiser of the Gofundme for the German girl shows his true colours on 11:31 - Jul 5 with 5062 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, all very unsavoury. The kickback against people saying it wasn't good to be harassing a kid was a bit of a surprise. I suppose the people donating shows that at least some people think the abuse was not ok, even if it turns out they've been duped out of their money (if that's what's happening). People needn't have given money though - speaking out against the abuse would have been enough, but it seems these gofundme things are everywhere these days.

I suppose this will blow over know. Things like this on social media don't tend to have a long shelf life. There'll be something else to get all outraged over soon enough.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024