Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That thread shouldn't have been removed 09:39 - Jul 16 with 10830 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think that thread should have been removed.

Some people posted controversial views in there which were read by those concerned and are now not available to the greater community. People have left, some during the course of that thread and I don't think the posts should be stricken from the record like that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

[Redacted] on 09:41 - Jul 16 with 3745 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:42 - Jul 16 with 3726 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Oh dear. I didn't read the thread but saw that it related to Spruce leaving (and Herbs?).

I also read a comment in it that said something along the lines "this is a thoroughly unpleasant thread".

So, basically, some posters said some unpleasant things that have seen some regulars leave and you think what they said should still be there for all to see?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:44 - Jul 16 with 3698 viewsSitfcB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:42 - Jul 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Oh dear. I didn't read the thread but saw that it related to Spruce leaving (and Herbs?).

I also read a comment in it that said something along the lines "this is a thoroughly unpleasant thread".

So, basically, some posters said some unpleasant things that have seen some regulars leave and you think what they said should still be there for all to see?

I don’t it was even that unpleasant??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:44 - Jul 16 with 3691 viewsSitfcB

Phil sometimes should utilise the padlock 🔓 more.

COYB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:46 - Jul 16 with 3676 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry, I didn't think it showed the forum at its best and agreed with the comment about aspects of it being quite nasty. Was uncomfortable about some of the comments which had been made remaining. Didn't think they made the site seem particularly welcoming and not sort of place I'd like it to be.
That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:46 - Jul 16 with 3660 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Without reigniting the thread, are you able to say who has left?

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:46 - Jul 16 with 3660 viewsThe_Last_Baron

This is a football message board, who cares if it was deleted. It was all garbage. Some folk need to relax and try and enjoy life.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:47 - Jul 16 with 3655 viewsSteve_M

I don't know, it was rather tedious in places. A few too many people on here, including some I generally like as posters, can't resist going over old grudges all the time. I'm more surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Telling Phil he isn't running the board very well isn't a great look either.

Edit: to clarify that last comment not aimed at this post, rather some of the comment in the other thread.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 9:47]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:48 - Jul 16 with 3634 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:46 - Jul 16 by The_Last_Baron

This is a football message board, who cares if it was deleted. It was all garbage. Some folk need to relax and try and enjoy life.

Always helpful with your contributions.

You could always relax and enjoy your life instead of posting garbage.

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:49 - Jul 16 with 3595 viewsSitfcB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:46 - Jul 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Without reigniting the thread, are you able to say who has left?

Footers flounced off and Herbivore reiterated his hiatus?

COYB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:51 - Jul 16 with 3569 viewswkj

There was a lot yesterday that should not of happened, but I think there was also a fair bit of clarification on some issues where either side may have mistaken the other's intention.

The good news is that the WUMS on the board will out themselves on this thread, one of them already doing so in fact.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nah, Herbs said he was going to come back.... on 09:51 - Jul 16 with 3557 viewsBloots

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:49 - Jul 16 by SitfcB

Footers flounced off and Herbivore reiterated his hiatus?

....just to wind up me and J2.

Classic.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:53 - Jul 16 with 3527 viewsFixed_It

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:51 - Jul 16 by wkj

There was a lot yesterday that should not of happened, but I think there was also a fair bit of clarification on some issues where either side may have mistaken the other's intention.

The good news is that the WUMS on the board will out themselves on this thread, one of them already doing so in fact.

I'm clearly put of my depth here, and assume everyone but me knows what WUMS are!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:54 - Jul 16 with 3495 viewswkj

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:53 - Jul 16 by Fixed_It

I'm clearly put of my depth here, and assume everyone but me knows what WUMS are!

Wind Up Merchants.

Crybaby

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:55 - Jul 16 with 3470 viewsSitfcB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:53 - Jul 16 by Fixed_It

Wind up merchants, used to get used on the old 606 forum.

Most people just call them trolls on here.

COYB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:55 - Jul 16 with 3478 viewsStokieBlue

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:46 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Sorry, I didn't think it showed the forum at its best and agreed with the comment about aspects of it being quite nasty. Was uncomfortable about some of the comments which had been made remaining. Didn't think they made the site seem particularly welcoming and not sort of place I'd like it to be.

I can understand that and nobody wants the forum to be unwelcoming but you've acknowledged that some aspects were nasty yet those elements have gotten away with it because the posts are no longer in the public domain for others to see.

Will they be contacted and their behaviour highlighted to them? If not all that's happened is a few regulars have left and a few people possibly from both sides have gotten away with Chiellini style professional fouls.

SB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:56 - Jul 16 with 3458 viewsKropotkin123

I'm just disappointed that whoever posted the "Anonymoose" pun doesn't get the credit they deserve.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:56 - Jul 16 with 3457 viewsNazemariner

An controversial and unpleasant thread that i wasn't involved in????

The class of poster on here must have really gone downhill.
That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:59 - Jul 16 with 3402 viewsDarth_Koont

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:56 - Jul 16 by Kropotkin123

I'm just disappointed that whoever posted the "Anonymoose" pun doesn't get the credit they deserve.

How disappointed? Are you going to vamoose?

Pronouns: He/Him

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 10:00 - Jul 16 with 3367 viewsEwan_Oozami

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:59 - Jul 16 by Darth_Koont

How disappointed? Are you going to vamoose?

Going on holiday to Moosetique...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 10:01 - Jul 16 with 3354 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

[Redacted] on 09:41 - Jul 16 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

My thoughts are with hype313, first 10 pager consigned to the virtual bin.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 10:03 - Jul 16 with 3326 viewsStokieBlue

[Redacted] on 09:41 - Jul 16 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I'm not often very rude.

Banksy and I have had a chat and hopefully all is well.

SB

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 10:03 - Jul 16 with 3319 viewsSwansea_Blue

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:56 - Jul 16 by Kropotkin123

The only thing of worth in the thread, that's for sure. People just can't stop can they. And the longer this board goes on the more entrenched these petty resentments become.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 10:05 - Jul 16 with 3279 viewswkj

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 10:03 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

The only thing of worth in the thread, that's for sure. People just can't stop can they. And the longer this board goes on the more entrenched these petty resentments become.

In some cases, yes - though I do feel a fair few issues were resolved in a more conciliatory way. I really wish you would stop bullying me though Swansea.

Crybaby

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 10:10 - Jul 16 with 3234 viewsPhilTWTD

That thread shouldn't have been removed on 09:55 - Jul 16 by StokieBlue

I can understand that and nobody wants the forum to be unwelcoming but you've acknowledged that some aspects were nasty yet those elements have gotten away with it because the posts are no longer in the public domain for others to see.

Will they be contacted and their behaviour highlighted to them? If not all that's happened is a few regulars have left and a few people possibly from both sides have gotten away with Chiellini style professional fouls.

SB

The bit of the thread that I was most uncomfortable with largely related to someone who no longer wants to post and have to confess I didn't go through it in detail before removing it. I assumed from your comment and Swailsey's it hadn't got any better overnight and thought it was best drawn to a close. I think posters are aware of what is and isn't acceptable when talking to other people on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024