Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high 12:01 - Jul 19 with 1408 viewsVic

Defo deserves its own headline.

What is it where you are? Currently 36 here.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:07 - Jul 19 with 1368 viewsN2_Blue

38C here in Northolt

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:17 - Jul 19 with 1328 viewsSwansea_Blue

"What is it where you are?"

Raining.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:20 - Jul 19 with 1310 viewsJ2BLUE

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:31 - Jul 19 with 1273 viewshatch

I've decided to go to the Oval to watch Essex play Surrey where it's currently 37 degrees.

Luckily I've perched myself in the air conditioned pavilion with a glorious view of Sir Ali Cook keeping the team together.

There's about 30 people sat out in the direct sunlight watching - the majority are in the shade.
39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:33 - Jul 19 with 1264 viewsCoastalblue

38 currently. Won't be surprised to see the mercury pass 40 here today.

Who remembers the 'Beast From The East?'

We are seeing some real extremes.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:37 - Jul 19 with 1248 viewsIpswichKnight

37 here in my part of Surrey.
39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:41 - Jul 19 with 1219 viewsFtnfwest

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:37 - Jul 19 by IpswichKnight

you're probably a little more leafy than the end of the run way at Gatwick i expect!
39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:46 - Jul 19 with 1193 viewsunbelievablue

37, rising to 38 (apparently) soon. I went outside and it truly felt like being in the Med.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:52 - Jul 19 with 1181 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Manchester 38

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:57 - Jul 19 with 1150 viewsPendejo

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:37 - Jul 19 by IpswichKnight

35 in Epsom according to BBC

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 13:11 - Jul 19 with 1097 viewsCoastalblue

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:33 - Jul 19 by Coastalblue

38 currently. Won't be surprised to see the mercury pass 40 here today.

Who remembers the 'Beast From The East?'

We are seeing some real extremes.

Just hit 39 here according to my phone app, fully expect to see 40 today now.

Edit: I see over 40 now recorded at Heathrow, suspect much of London will follow.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 13:13]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:12 - Jul 19 with 1015 viewsElephantintheRoom

Often the ‘new records’ are in weather stations that have been surrounded by concrete - and today’s latest UK record comes from some place called Heathrow

I expect some Guardian reader will want to site a weather station on top of those Suffolk rails now buckling under 62 heat just to keep the on trend upward trajectory

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:16 - Jul 19 with 1015 viewsblueasfook

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:12 - Jul 19 by ElephantintheRoom

Often the ‘new records’ are in weather stations that have been surrounded by concrete - and today’s latest UK record comes from some place called Heathrow

I expect some Guardian reader will want to site a weather station on top of those Suffolk rails now buckling under 62 heat just to keep the on trend upward trajectory

I expect the Guardian Doom and Gloom propaganda machine will be in full overdrive tomorrow.

Sea levels to rise 10 metres by end of September, highs of 55 degrees and global famine.

All because we had a couple of warm days.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:27 - Jul 19 with 993 viewsGeoffSentence

My app says 35 feels like 33.7.

But honestly, if you put me in a heated room and asked me if that felt like 33.7 or 35 I would not be able to tell you which.

Just hot.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:40 - Jul 19 with 958 viewsFtnfwest

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:12 - Jul 19 by ElephantintheRoom

i hope they have a camera inside the heathrow and gatwick stations, they seem to keep updating quite quickly so theyre probably continually peeping and letting sunlight in! (I probably would tbf)
39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:41 - Jul 19 with 953 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:17 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

"What is it where you are?"

Raining.

What is this ‘raining’ that you mention?
Currently 32c indoors. 2 fans at least trying to keep the dog as comfortable as possible.
37c under the parasol in the garden.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:53 - Jul 19 with 926 viewsCoastalblue

They've always had weather stations at airports. Airports have always been a heat sink. It's relative.

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 15:02 - Jul 19 with 892 viewsSwansea_Blue

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 14:41 - Jul 19 by StochesStotasBlewe

What is this ‘raining’ that you mention?
Currently 32c indoors. 2 fans at least trying to keep the dog as comfortable as possible.
37c under the parasol in the garden.

Just a tiny shower with a couple of rumbles of thunder. Didn’t come to much. It’s not warm here though. About 20-22 and cloudy. I don’t know what’s going on! It sounds surreal to hear everywhere else is roasting.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 15:05 - Jul 19 with 888 viewsIpswichKnight

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 12:41 - Jul 19 by Ftnfwest

you're probably a little more leafy than the end of the run way at Gatwick i expect!

Am at the end of a runway just not that one! Just over the border from Farnborough airport, Basingstoke canal was very leafy and shady earlier!
39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 16:09 - Jul 19 with 833 viewsKropotkin123

16C apparently. It's very sunny though and feels warmer. I'm in trouser and a t-shirt, could have gone shorts and been comfortable. It's meant to get up to 24C later today.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 16:49 - Jul 19 with 788 viewsCoastalblue

Peaked at 39 here, officially now dropping.

Currently a refreshing 37.

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 17:02 - Jul 19 with 761 viewsVic

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 16:49 - Jul 19 by Coastalblue

Peaked at 39 here, officially now dropping.

Currently a refreshing 37.

Likewise. Here in N Suffolk we peaked at 38; now down to a comfortable 36.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 17:10 - Jul 19 with 731 viewsMeadowlark

Temp gauge in the car hit 40C driving through Beds/ Cambs early afternoon. Of course, I don't know how accurate those things are, but I took a photo, just in case it might be historic!!!
I'd post the pic, but I don't know how to, unless the "instructions" on how to do so have changed to something that works since I last checked....
39 degrees + in Surrey. New national high on 17:59 - Jul 19 with 703 viewsGuthrum

39.5 on the Cambs-Suffolk border this afternoon, my brother says.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024