Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton has had a beer… 23:34 - Dec 6 with 8624 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:36 - Dec 6 with 5265 viewsBlueBadger

You appear to have spelt 'is still a c**t' wrongly there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:49 - Dec 6 with 5209 viewsMattinLondon

Like it or not he is right about the women’s game being totally different from the men’s game.

I mean it’s not like it’s 90 minutes long and spilt into two 45 minute halves. It’s not like it has the same pitch markings and uses the same pitch dimensions as the men. It’s not like it has the same rules….Joey Barton you utter cock.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:56 - Dec 6 with 5174 viewsHipsterectomy

And yet the manager he claimed had no background in football and was a 'civillian' to the game is 2nd in the Championship and he's unemployed

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:59 - Dec 6 with 5148 viewsHipsterectomy

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:49 - Dec 6 by MattinLondon

Like it or not he is right about the women’s game being totally different from the men’s game.

I mean it’s not like it’s 90 minutes long and spilt into two 45 minute halves. It’s not like it has the same pitch markings and uses the same pitch dimensions as the men. It’s not like it has the same rules….Joey Barton you utter cock.

I do somewhat agree with this. At the FA cup draw they had a woman who was doing the draw and the presenter spoke about her FA cup winning experiences and her history in the competition...but it's literally a different competition which even has different sponsors

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:59 - Dec 6 with 5138 viewsgainsboroughblue

"I'll decide what I do in the game"

Either him or the Bristol Rovers chairman.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 00:18 - Dec 7 with 5092 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

He can certainly be nkobhead a lot of the time but he’s makes good points that most people nowadays are scared to make.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 00:42 - Dec 7 with 5037 viewsHalifaxBlue

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 00:18 - Dec 7 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

He can certainly be nkobhead a lot of the time but he’s makes good points that most people nowadays are scared to make.

And which good point is that?

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 01:00 - Dec 7 with 5026 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 00:42 - Dec 7 by HalifaxBlue

And which good point is that?

The points I agree with might not be the same points you agree with. He says it’s great to see woman’s football thriving which is hard not to agree with.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 1:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 04:24 - Dec 7 with 4838 viewstcblue

'ee is...ow you say..a tit
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 05:23 - Dec 7 with 4774 viewstextbackup

The very little time I had for him went the second he described his cousin sticking an axe in a young kids head in a racist attack, as a bit of a scrap.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 06:58 - Dec 7 with 4579 viewsyorkshireblue

I used to work with someone whose boyfriend at the time worked for a marketing and branding agency. The owner somehow knew Barton and they worked with him on his branding - my colleagues partners job was essentially running the social media for Barton and other brands…

Anyway, she’d quite often come in and say that he’d been up all night as Barton had gone on a social media rant and purposefully locked his own branding agency out of his social media accounts so they couldn’t delete them him. At one stage, they gave him a ‘dumb phone’ - so no social media apps for him to use…. He just went out and bought another phone and redownloaded the apps behind their back. The first they knew about it was when a newspaper rang up to ask for a comment on whatever stupid thing he’d tweeted out.
Joey Barton has had a beer… on 08:04 - Dec 7 with 4303 viewsnodge_blue

He’s just a nasty piece of work. Vindictive, violent. And laughably thinks himself intelligent. Destined to never work in football again.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 08:47 - Dec 7 with 4128 viewsitfcjoe

It’s just a total and deliberate self destruct and sabotage of his career - be interested to know what is going on with him for him to be doing so now. I'm sure he'll be all over GB News and Talk TV about how he's been cancelled for saying things the Establishment don't want you to hear

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 09:21 - Dec 7 with 4018 viewshomer_123

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 01:00 - Dec 7 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

The points I agree with might not be the same points you agree with. He says it’s great to see woman’s football thriving which is hard not to agree with.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 1:03]

But isn't that rather overshadowed but the torrent of utter rubbish and that's before you look back at his career/ life and what he has said/ done.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 09:22 - Dec 7 with 4003 views_clive_baker_

Doing his best to make himself unemployable.
You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 09:31 - Dec 7 with 3966 viewsDyland

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 23:59 - Dec 6 by Hipsterectomy

I do somewhat agree with this. At the FA cup draw they had a woman who was doing the draw and the presenter spoke about her FA cup winning experiences and her history in the competition...but it's literally a different competition which even has different sponsors

It is literally the same game. Whether one enjoys watching the women play or not is subjective and up to individual choice. It is significantly lower quality technically and physically, generally (not always), but even the term "quality" is subjective, in the context of what one finds entertaining. In terms of pure skill and players who transcend the game, yeh it's in the bloke's game.

In terms of commentary and punditry etc. there are some some good women, and rubbish ones. It's much the same with the blokes. Imo, and very much my personal and probably silly opinion, at least some of the birds have a better excuse for being sh1t pundits (less or at least different experience in pro game) than the likes of Keown or Shearer etc.

While I'm here, I may start compiling Guy Mowbray soundbites. He is more ridiculous than Alan Partridge.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 09:56 - Dec 7 with 3878 viewsRobTheMonk

I mean, who wouldn't want to listen to Danny Murphy and Dion Dublin commentating?
You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 10:17 - Dec 7 with 3726 viewsitfcjoe

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 09:31 - Dec 7 by Dyland

It is literally the same game. Whether one enjoys watching the women play or not is subjective and up to individual choice. It is significantly lower quality technically and physically, generally (not always), but even the term "quality" is subjective, in the context of what one finds entertaining. In terms of pure skill and players who transcend the game, yeh it's in the bloke's game.

In terms of commentary and punditry etc. there are some some good women, and rubbish ones. It's much the same with the blokes. Imo, and very much my personal and probably silly opinion, at least some of the birds have a better excuse for being sh1t pundits (less or at least different experience in pro game) than the likes of Keown or Shearer etc.

While I'm here, I may start compiling Guy Mowbray soundbites. He is more ridiculous than Alan Partridge.

Also, with regards to the 'quality' argument, why would anyone watch the Championship, L1 or L2 and even lower if 'quality' was the most important thing? They'd surely all just watch the PL, or the Champions League if only interested in pure quality above all else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 10:29 - Dec 7 with 3657 viewsEwan_Oozami

Peter Dreary - how the hell did he get the Sky gig?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 10:43 - Dec 7 with 3599 viewsJ2BLUE

In general, I think the women have vastly improved punditry/commentary.

Of course there are some poor ones but there are also some excellent ones.

There are some shocking men's pundits as well. Merson, Shearer, Michael Dawson, Clinton Morrison, Savage, Joe Cole...the list goes on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joey Barton has had a beer… on 10:52 - Dec 7 with 3547 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It might be that I hate Joey Barton more than I hate Norwich.

He is a thug mascarading as some kind of pseudo intellectual, I can see him running some kind of Russell Brandesque rabbit hole YouTube channel in not too many years.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 11:09 - Dec 7 with 3475 viewsITFC_Forever

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 10:29 - Dec 7 by Ewan_Oozami

Voted commentator of the year the other day.

Unbelievable.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 11:14 - Dec 7 with 3448 viewsiamatractorboy

Yep, and whenever people complain about the quality of a women's match, they ALWAYS bring up their gender. This never happens when discussing a poor quality men's match. The comments section about the England-Scotland game the other night was a total sh*tshow.
I was gonna add something about Drury on 11:20 - Dec 7 with 3418 viewsDyland

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 10:29 - Dec 7 by Ewan_Oozami

As Forevers says, he was voted commentator of the year! Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'll never forget him stating, with categorical certainty, when United went two nil up against (er... PSV maybe... think Robben was playing for the opp), "United through to the next round." It was the first half. And pretty even all metrics considered. The oppo scored twice and progressed on away goals. Actually, United may have gone three goals to nil up but had lost the away leg one nil. Anyway, it was clear Drury a) didn't really understand football very well and b) didn't know the UEFA rules.

badabing (n/t) on 11:21 - Dec 7 with 3415 viewsDyland

You may deserve a whooosh dear Hippers on 10:17 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

Also, with regards to the 'quality' argument, why would anyone watch the Championship, L1 or L2 and even lower if 'quality' was the most important thing? They'd surely all just watch the PL, or the Champions League if only interested in pure quality above all else

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024