Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? 20:30 - Aug 22 with 5181 viewsN2_Blue

Love what Brentford have done over the last 5 years. This is what we should be but are so far off them. It's sad because we shouldn't be behind clubs like Brentford, a side that has never been in the premier league. Have just consistently built themselves up.

Their manager was speaking so well on Talksport this moring, said they go into every game trying to win it, where as he knows many managers play not to get beaten especially away from home...hmm that sounds familiar!

Play such great attacking football too. Put Rotherhams to the sword opening day, a side we failed to even score against.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:32 - Aug 22 with 5159 viewsSuperblue95

Go support them then

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:38 - Aug 22 with 5133 viewsMattinLondon

Brentford have had the luxury of having the same footballing philosophy for quite a few seasons. We haven’t. We have PJ, Keane and Mick. All three have been totally different and one of the reasons for the football being all over the place. Hurst is trying to play good passing football but it will take time.
Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 5118 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you know what their results were like 4 games into the five years you mention?

Maybe we are at the start of our own five year period?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:49 - Aug 22 with 5076 viewsN2_Blue

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:32 - Aug 22 by Superblue95

Go support them then

erm no, because i'm an Ipswich supporter..but doesn't mean I can't look at them thinking why are we so far behind a club of their size.

Maybe we are on the way up and a new approach is going to get us going again season after season, but it doesn't particularly feel like it.

I'm fully behind Hurst but wish he had more an attacking philosphy. Playing one up front with the strikers we have just isn't going to work. Its notable that shrewsbury won most games 1-0 last season, hardly enterprising stuff although i'll take any kind of win right now....but thats what we didn't give Mick credit for.

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:49 - Aug 22 with 5078 viewsmonty_radio

No doubting their more recent current achievements. Their history in the first and third decade of 20th century was almost as good as our best. I recall them though often as a bottom tier club, as the stadium continues to bear witness.

This is their modern-era glory; it probably won't get any better. And when the current regime dwindles away, they'll probably settle down to L1 existence - a slightly superior Wimbledon.

Good luck to them. But building something is precisely where Town are currently at. Let's get onboard and enjoy the very fact that the football itself is, at last, enjoyable. Any student of football history should know that, as long as we stay up this season, there's an interesting prospect on the horizon - and maybe, even if we don't!

To misquote:
Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom found in football, almost never in a fan.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:02 - Aug 22 with 5024 viewsIllinoisblue

should we discontinue our academy like they have?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:03 - Aug 22 with 5004 viewsSuperblue95

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:49 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

erm no, because i'm an Ipswich supporter..but doesn't mean I can't look at them thinking why are we so far behind a club of their size.

Maybe we are on the way up and a new approach is going to get us going again season after season, but it doesn't particularly feel like it.

I'm fully behind Hurst but wish he had more an attacking philosphy. Playing one up front with the strikers we have just isn't going to work. Its notable that shrewsbury won most games 1-0 last season, hardly enterprising stuff although i'll take any kind of win right now....but thats what we didn't give Mick credit for.

"So far behind them"

We've been in the same division as them for about 4/5 years and have finished roughly the same position as them every year. Have a word with yourself. Div

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:05 - Aug 22 with 4990 viewsN2_Blue

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:03 - Aug 22 by Superblue95

"So far behind them"

We've been in the same division as them for about 4/5 years and have finished roughly the same position as them every year. Have a word with yourself. Div

well done for being the first person I've had to put on my Div list, ignored. Try learning to put your point across without being abusive

Login to get fewer ads

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:09 - Aug 22 with 4971 viewsN2_Blue

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:02 - Aug 22 by Illinoisblue

Wow, i didn't realise that actually. Surprised by that but doesn't seem to do them any harm. At least they have a clear strategy and appears to be working for them.

Mind you, we need Hurst to show a bit more faith in some of our own otherwise it is going to be a bit pointless

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:12 - Aug 22 with 4954 viewsSuperblue95

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:05 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

well done for being the first person I've had to put on my Div list, ignored. Try learning to put your point across without being abusive

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:17 - Aug 22 with 4938 viewsMullet

Currently 1-1 with Villa and they have 11 men.

We're miles behind those little hipsters!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:28 - Aug 22 with 4886 viewsBloomBlue

You mean in terms of disband the youth team?
Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:28 - Aug 22 with 4886 viewsJakeITFC

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:38 - Aug 22 by MattinLondon

Brentford have had the luxury of having the same footballing philosophy for quite a few seasons. We haven’t. We have PJ, Keane and Mick. All three have been totally different and one of the reasons for the football being all over the place. Hurst is trying to play good passing football but it will take time.

We had the same philosophy for the last five years, it was just the wrong one.
Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 22:36 - Aug 22 with 4699 viewspeterleeblue

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:40 - Aug 22 by SpruceMoose

Do you know what their results were like 4 games into the five years you mention?

"Maybe we are at the start of our own five year period?"

Brilliant positivity - glass half full - superb - well done
Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 22:52 - Aug 22 with 4635 viewschristiand

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:09 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

Wow, i didn't realise that actually. Surprised by that but doesn't seem to do them any harm. At least they have a clear strategy and appears to be working for them.

Mind you, we need Hurst to show a bit more faith in some of our own otherwise it is going to be a bit pointless

They certainly seem a club that make steady progress season on season and have a clear strategy. Their recruitment is terrific and as an Ipswich fan you can’t help but look at them with a little bit of envy. They have got a lot of things right both on and off the field.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 12:32]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 23:23 - Aug 22 with 4559 viewspointofblue

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:40 - Aug 22 by SpruceMoose

Forget five years ago, this time last season their record was P4 W0 D1 L3 F5 A9 GD -4 PTS 1

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 23:24 - Aug 22 with 4555 viewstractorboy1978

Brentford are the Championship version of Peterborough. Everyone loves their buy/sell model and the way they operate but ultimately they've had no real tangible success on the pitch in recent seasons.
Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 00:02 - Aug 23 with 4485 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:49 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

25 league wins for Shrewsbury last season of which 9 were 1-0.

That’s not most, you made that up.
Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 01:53 - Aug 23 with 4383 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 20:38 - Aug 22 by MattinLondon

Wake up. PH philosophy is not one of attacking expansive football, look bac at his Shrewsbury team, a team built on hard work, balls into the channels with high pressing. He plays the exact same way as MM did.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 02:30 - Aug 23 with 4346 viewsSpruceMoose

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 01:53 - Aug 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

Wake up. PH philosophy is not one of attacking expansive football, look bac at his Shrewsbury team, a team built on hard work, balls into the channels with high pressing. He plays the exact same way as MM did.

Bejaysus. It's going to be a long season with your dramatic blubbing all over the place.

Might have to break in my div list for the first time!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 11:33 - Aug 23 with 4105 viewsSaleAway

So - just to be clear - we're "miles behind" a club who's average league position in the champs over the last 4 years is 8.25 ( ITFC is 10.25)
Average points per season is 69 ( ITFC is 65.5)

So we're basically 3pts , and a couple of places behind this team... I'm not a qualified statistician, but even I know that those numbers are not statistically different enough to draw any conclusions.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 12:20 - Aug 23 with 4054 viewsFrimleyBlue

Brentford....what a terrific club...where we should be!? on 21:02 - Aug 22 by Illinoisblue

Interesting question actually

Do we continue to spend what we do to maintain it, staffing etc. With minimal outcome. At present, the ones we thought were going to progress aren't involved.

The younger ones coming through who have big potential are being taken by the bigger sides.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024