Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations 14:55 - Sep 10 with 19107 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been sober for 6.5 months now, and as much as I do still like fresh lime and soda water it would be nice to change it up a bit other than coke or lemonade. Particularly at home (so anything goes rather than being limited to what pubs have).

I've been hitting the energy drinks quite hard, which I know is not a good idea. Not especially a fan of tea, although Green Macha is alright. Heineken 0% was ok but not massively keen. Anything else I might've forgotten? Any weird and wonderful mocktails you'd recommend? Anything else I can put in water to liven it up?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:57 - Sep 10 with 7220 viewsSpruceMoose

Pint of double cream always hits the spot for me.

You like coconut water?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:58 - Sep 10 with 7213 viewsBrixtonBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:57 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

Pint of double cream always hits the spot for me.

You like coconut water?

I'm not sure I've ever drank just straight coconut water but it doesn't leap out as being massively appealing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:59 - Sep 10 with 7215 viewsStokieBlue

So many good "alcohol free" beverages around at the moment. However a lot of them don't actually seem to be alcohol free, rather just 0.5% which is close I know but maybe not for your purposes.

Things like Ghost Ship, Nanny State etc.

Are those acceptable?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:00 - Sep 10 with 7199 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:58 - Sep 10 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not sure I've ever drank just straight coconut water but it doesn't leap out as being massively appealing.

You could get one of those water bottles with the separate capsule inside where you stick whatever fruit you want to flavour you water?

My go to combo is half a lemon and a handful of acid tabs.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:02 - Sep 10 with 7203 viewsCotty

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 14:59 - Sep 10 by StokieBlue

So many good "alcohol free" beverages around at the moment. However a lot of them don't actually seem to be alcohol free, rather just 0.5% which is close I know but maybe not for your purposes.

Things like Ghost Ship, Nanny State etc.

Are those acceptable?

SB

"In reality, there is more alcohol in a glass of orange juice or English muffin than in a glass of non-alcoholic beer or wine. By law, the beverage manufacturers must post a label that the products contain less than 0.5 percent alcohol. Many times, the alcohol content can be less than this. An average size man would need to consume at least forty non-alcoholic beers or glasses of wine in an hour to reach the legal limit for driving in most states. "
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:05 - Sep 10 with 7192 viewsgiant_stow

Don't know if you've tried this, but its becoming very popular - my mum swears by it (arf):

https://www.seedlipdrinks.com/

Pretty website too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:06 - Sep 10 with 7175 viewsCotty

In my estimation, energy drinks are not any better for you than moderate to heavy alcohol consumption, definitely lay off them if you can!
on 15:13 - Sep 10 with 7150 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:16 - Sep 10 with 7132 viewsNewcyBlue

Fresh orange juice and lemonade for a treat.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:20 - Sep 10 with 7108 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:16 - Sep 10 by NewcyBlue

Fresh orange juice and lemonade for a treat.

Especially with four fingers of vodka in there

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:21 - Sep 10 with 7102 viewsNewcyBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:20 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

Especially with four fingers of vodka in there

Waiting for Ulla to come along and say it’s 6 fingers....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:22 - Sep 10 with 7101 viewsDanTheMan

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:05 - Sep 10 by giant_stow

Don't know if you've tried this, but its becoming very popular - my mum swears by it (arf):

https://www.seedlipdrinks.com/

Pretty website too.

I've tried one of these are whilst they taste nothing like spirits, they are nice albeit quite expensive.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:23 - Sep 10 with 7091 viewsbluejake78

Tesco and Sainburys do rather pleasant tinned shandy
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:24 - Sep 10 with 7082 viewsTractorWood

I've been off the booze for a few months. I like an erdinger alkoholfrei.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:25 - Sep 10 with 7082 viewsITFC_Forever

Couple of my brother's mates are behind this.... getting listings all over the place now, including a couple of the big supermarkets. All the image etc, is based around Suffolk.

https://www.bigdropbrew.com/

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:26 - Sep 10 with 7073 viewsSpruceMoose

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:24 - Sep 10 by TractorWood

I've been off the booze for a few months. I like an erdinger alkoholfrei.

I've heard Brewdog Nanny State is passable too.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:29 - Sep 10 with 7063 viewsSWGF

On the Tube yesterday, there were adverts for this which is, from what I can gather, cold water teabags:

https://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/cold-infuse

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:33 - Sep 10 with 7044 viewsAbBlue

How about a muddy puddle, half orange juice half coke.

Surprisingly very good.
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:34 - Sep 10 with 7032 viewsStokieBlue

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:02 - Sep 10 by Cotty

"In reality, there is more alcohol in a glass of orange juice or English muffin than in a glass of non-alcoholic beer or wine. By law, the beverage manufacturers must post a label that the products contain less than 0.5 percent alcohol. Many times, the alcohol content can be less than this. An average size man would need to consume at least forty non-alcoholic beers or glasses of wine in an hour to reach the legal limit for driving in most states. "

Interesting - thanks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

on 15:42 - Sep 10 with 7008 views_

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:33 - Sep 10 by AbBlue

How about a muddy puddle, half orange juice half coke.

Surprisingly very good.

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:57 - Sep 10 with 6962 viewsconnorscontract

I adore this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VAHDAM-Turmeric-Original-Anti-OXIDANTS-NUTRIENTS/dp/B07

It's coming up as a Prime Early Access Deal for me at £10.75, so if you don't have Prime it should be at that price for you within an hour.

I can get two good mugs out of one and a half teaspoons in a pot, and then refill the pot and get two more which have a lessened ginger taste with no real turmeric taste , but which I still like a lot.

Caffeine, sugar and fat free, and Turmeric is reportedly anti-carcinogenic and ginger speeds up the metabolism.
Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 16:04 - Sep 10 with 6931 viewsTractorWood

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 15:26 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

I've heard Brewdog Nanny State is passable too.

Yeah it's fine.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 16:11 - Sep 10 with 6907 viewsKeno

You cant bean good old fashioned Ginger Beer, Dandelion & Burdock or Root Beer

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 16:13 - Sep 10 with 6904 viewsJ2BLUE

Rio Light

Do you like coffee? Beanies do 'flavoured instant coffee' for 2 calories a cup. I have ordered some samples to try. You can get 10 different samples for about £3.50 on ebay if that's your thing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Non-alcoholic drinks recommendations on 16:23 - Sep 10 with 6878 viewsWD19

Becks Blue. Half a notch better than Heineken 0%, but probably not enough for you to love it.

Green Tea is very different to tea and comes in a million flavours. Tesco Blueberry & Raspberry was great - so they discontinued it. Tetley green tea berry burst. PG tips even do a strawberry cupcake flavour!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024