Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So has anyone on here actually had it? 15:35 - May 2 with 4059 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m pretty sure I did, whatever it was, it was something viral. Main symptom was utter fatigue. I put it down to not enough fresh air and a couple of unhealthy eating days. A few days later I could barely read a sentence, sent a text or finish an email. Everything was a massive chore and even after sleeping 7/8 hours there was no improvement, constantly wiped out for 10+ days. I thought the lockdown was either sending me mad or something was up. Towards the end started getting some aches and chills. Finally shock it off about a week ago. Was odd as not what you would associate with a normal virus as no cold. If it was it, luckily I had no respiratory stuff come with it. All that from just one trip to Whole Foods! I am not one to just get sick either.

Anyway now I’ve had I can surely find back to the office at the earliest opportunity! Jk
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:07 - May 2 with 2459 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I'm not 100% sure but I suspect I might've.

About three weeks ago I had one episode of tight chest/breathing difficulty lasting literally 3-4 hours, coupled with shivers but feeling hot to touch.

About 10 days ago someone in my household (who never gets ill) had viral symptoms for a few days plus a raised temp (over 100 one day). They tested negative, but they did the test themselves and I don't think they did it properly.

So either I had it three weeks ago with very mild and brief symptoms, and/or it's currently in the household, in which case I've almost certainly had it, but without symptoms.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:21 - May 2 with 2424 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have you been tested?

How do you know whether you have if you haven't? So many symptoms overlap with other conditions - especially flu. Have you ever had flu to compare?

I think my son may have had it. He had a temperature and a cough. I know someone who has tested positive in sheltered accommodation but we haven't had any contact with her for some time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:26 - May 2 with 2406 viewsStokieBlue

I think at the moment there is a very large number of people who think they have had it who haven't (not specifically talking about you).

It's very easy for the human mind to convince itself you've had it but the initial studies coming out seem to be showing a far smaller infection level in the general populace than was expected.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:36 - May 2 with 2372 viewsITFC_Forever

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend are fairly certain they had it in March, but obviously have no way of proving it.

Me and the missus got tested this afternoon, don’t think we have it, but as key workers we can be tested.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:46 - May 2 with 2344 viewsitfcjoe

I think I have, had what I thought was flu but it just totally knocked me out, ended up having 4 days off work and when I worked in between those days was finishing at 3 and just sleeping though. Never been so tired and achey, even went to the Dr which I never do who said flu but that was before all that kicked off

A few days later my wife had something much worse, never seen her so ill - could barely walk or function for 2-3 days. Again was said to be flu because she hadn’t just got back from Italy - a few days later and she’d have had to be tested as it all changed then.

Obviously can’t be sure

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:57 - May 2 with 2315 viewsStokieBlue

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:46 - May 2 by itfcjoe

I think I have, had what I thought was flu but it just totally knocked me out, ended up having 4 days off work and when I worked in between those days was finishing at 3 and just sleeping though. Never been so tired and achey, even went to the Dr which I never do who said flu but that was before all that kicked off

A few days later my wife had something much worse, never seen her so ill - could barely walk or function for 2-3 days. Again was said to be flu because she hadn’t just got back from Italy - a few days later and she’d have had to be tested as it all changed then.

Obviously can’t be sure

The thing is, proper flu is really bad and does knock you out like that. When people say they have flu they hardly ever actually have flu.

As you say, can't be sure and we won't know until testing is available. I think some people are going to be surprised though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:59 - May 2 with 2298 viewsfooters

I first had it when I was 15 at a house party. Surprised so many are confused.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 17:35 - May 2 with 2241 viewsFtnfwest

Everybody who’s anybody has had it dahling
Login to get fewer ads

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 17:57 - May 2 with 2209 viewsitfcjoe

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:57 - May 2 by StokieBlue

The thing is, proper flu is really bad and does knock you out like that. When people say they have flu they hardly ever actually have flu.

As you say, can't be sure and we won't know until testing is available. I think some people are going to be surprised though.

SB

Yeah, if my wife hadn’t had what she had had I would still have classified mine as flu. With what she had it most likely means what I had was either a milder form of it or I just had something else and then was asymptomatic.

What she had was on a different level to me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:04 - May 2 with 2174 viewsWD19

I thought I probably did, but an antibody test last week said no.

Albeit the tests are not massively reliable yet.
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:10 - May 2 with 2162 viewsPablokuqi

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:36 - May 2 by ITFC_Forever

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend are fairly certain they had it in March, but obviously have no way of proving it.

Me and the missus got tested this afternoon, don’t think we have it, but as key workers we can be tested.

Do you any symptoms?
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:12 - May 2 with 2145 viewsGlasgowBlue

I thought I did the week after we went into lockdown. Mild symptoms though.

Had the dry cough, the high temperature, sore throat and tight chest. Most of those symptoms lasted five or six days except the cough which lasted two weeks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:18 - May 2 with 2135 viewsBloomBlue

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:07 - May 2 by ThisIsMyUsername

I'm not 100% sure but I suspect I might've.

About three weeks ago I had one episode of tight chest/breathing difficulty lasting literally 3-4 hours, coupled with shivers but feeling hot to touch.

About 10 days ago someone in my household (who never gets ill) had viral symptoms for a few days plus a raised temp (over 100 one day). They tested negative, but they did the test themselves and I don't think they did it properly.

So either I had it three weeks ago with very mild and brief symptoms, and/or it's currently in the household, in which case I've almost certainly had it, but without symptoms.

I thought I had it as I was coughing a lot and then had problems breathing was even going to phone 999 especially after the breathless lasted over 4 hours but thankfully I then noticed I had done up the top button of my shirt and it was too tight, unbuttoned it and all was fine after 15 minutes.
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:24 - May 2 with 2125 viewsNewcyBlue

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:18 - May 2 by BloomBlue

I thought I had it as I was coughing a lot and then had problems breathing was even going to phone 999 especially after the breathless lasted over 4 hours but thankfully I then noticed I had done up the top button of my shirt and it was too tight, unbuttoned it and all was fine after 15 minutes.

Brexiteers.... literally choking themselves.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:37 - May 2 with 2082 viewsLibero

Yes, in retrospect I probably should have gone to the hospital.

Good Afternoon all, by Libero 28 Apr 2020 15:54
I hope we are all keeping healthy and following the government guidance.
I'm a fit an active 31 year old bloke but I started feeling really unwell 16/03
the most prominent symptoms I suffered were...

- sore throat and runny nose
- full body aches and lethargy
- hot/cold sweats and tiredness
- shooting pains in stomach
- shooting pain in knee cartilage/ham string (old injuries aggravated)
- dry cough (increasing in severity over the weeks and often to the point of vomiting)
- over sensitivity to ambient temperature re: coughing
- headaches/pressure in head, sensitive to movement and/or bending down & standing up
- tinnitus like ringing in ears and issues hearing
- burning behind the eyes & conjunctivitis
- waking up unable to immediately breath due to throat pain
- eye lashes sealing together when sleeping
- loss of voice from coughing
- cloudy vision
- temporary black out of vision

It was bloody horrendous, I actually ended up contracting pneumonia.
Thankfully the pneumonia shifted pretty sharpish after the Doctor prescribed some antibiotics but I'm only now starting to feel fully recovered 5/6 weeks on.

I'm very grateful that my wife and son only experienced mild symptoms but at its worst it was a very surreal and scary time.

I haven't been a poster on here for quite some time but I do read the forum most days, I understand I'm late to the party and Lucan was patient zero but I hope nobody else has gone through the ringer. x

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:37 - May 2 with 2086 viewsronnyd

This thread is a Hypochondriacs dream. . Until you've been tested, you won't know for sure as there are loads of other illnesses doing the rounds this time of year.
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:46 - May 2 with 2037 viewsjeera

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:37 - May 2 by ronnyd

This thread is a Hypochondriacs dream. . Until you've been tested, you won't know for sure as there are loads of other illnesses doing the rounds this time of year.

That's the thing. As you say we have no way of knowing with no test and it arrived the time of the year when we tend to get ill anyway.

I only had over the phone consultations.

The first one didn't like my cough - I couldn't stop for weeks and the nurse I was speaking to wasn't happy with the way it sounded as I was barking like mad but producing nothing.

She said to give it no more than a week and to call someone. I left it a month and still couldn't stop coughing.

Got a doc over the phone callback from 111 and although he didn't like the cough either, he was more concerned that if I hadn't had it and went to hospital to be checked out, that I may then catch the thing, but with a weakened chest.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 18:47]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:48 - May 2 with 2038 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:37 - May 2 by ronnyd

You realize the level of spread and how contagious it is right? There is tens of thousands of people that in my exact zip code according to the data and that’s just the ones that got tested.
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:49 - May 2 with 2027 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:21 - May 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Have you been tested?

How do you know whether you have if you haven't? So many symptoms overlap with other conditions - especially flu. Have you ever had flu to compare?

I think my son may have had it. He had a temperature and a cough. I know someone who has tested positive in sheltered accommodation but we haven't had any contact with her for some time.

Nope as it is reserved for over 50s or frontline workers in the city. I could have got a referral but I wasn’t too worried without the repository stuff so just stayed isolated.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 18:53]
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:51 - May 2 with 2015 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 16:26 - May 2 by StokieBlue

I think at the moment there is a very large number of people who think they have had it who haven't (not specifically talking about you).

It's very easy for the human mind to convince itself you've had it but the initial studies coming out seem to be showing a far smaller infection level in the general populace than was expected.

SB

Of course possible, but I don’t suffer with viral things too often in normal flu/cold season and had been isolating apart from the odd grocery store visit. I’ve never been wiped out for so long in many many years.

Plus I live in a very congested populated area.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 18:52]
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:53 - May 2 with 1986 viewsjeera

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:51 - May 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Of course possible, but I don’t suffer with viral things too often in normal flu/cold season and had been isolating apart from the odd grocery store visit. I’ve never been wiped out for so long in many many years.

Plus I live in a very congested populated area.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 18:52]

I don't know which part you live but if you're in an area like New York which has been apparently rife it can't be easy to go out the door and completely avoid it at the rate it spreads, frankly.

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:57 - May 2 with 1965 viewsCotty

My sister who has underlying health conditions has it (tested positive and has symptoms). Just a waiting game now. Horrible.
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 19:00 - May 2 with 1941 viewsjeera

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 18:57 - May 2 by Cotty

My sister who has underlying health conditions has it (tested positive and has symptoms). Just a waiting game now. Horrible.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope she gets over it asap.

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 19:06 - May 2 with 1916 viewsDebsyAngel

Still not sure at all with me as it is identical to stuff I have suffered for over a year now. But I am feeling more and more shattered, can barely function and really have to push myself to do any small task. Have a permanently tight chest, constricted throat and shortness of breath that my inhaler does not relieve. I am so depressed, to the point I want to just sleep forever and cannot stop crying. Ihave various aches and pains, but no temperature or cough. I do get a dry throat that gives me a choking fit when asleep occasionally, but that was happening last year. I feel even more terrified since Thursday in town and some woman in the queue for Sainsburys who was smoking was just coughing everywhere - the security man said nothing. I stayed in the shop as did not want to walk through her germs - and she came in where I was stood and started to cough again. I am now convinced I am a goner. Feel really sad for a friend of mine who lost his mother to this, she had been in hospital for a month with pneumonia and was improving - had 3 tests, all negative and then she suddenly got worse and died.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 19:09]
So has anyone on here actually had it? on 19:14 - May 2 with 1876 viewsLord_Lucan

So has anyone on here actually had it? on 19:06 - May 2 by DebsyAngel

Still not sure at all with me as it is identical to stuff I have suffered for over a year now. But I am feeling more and more shattered, can barely function and really have to push myself to do any small task. Have a permanently tight chest, constricted throat and shortness of breath that my inhaler does not relieve. I am so depressed, to the point I want to just sleep forever and cannot stop crying. Ihave various aches and pains, but no temperature or cough. I do get a dry throat that gives me a choking fit when asleep occasionally, but that was happening last year. I feel even more terrified since Thursday in town and some woman in the queue for Sainsburys who was smoking was just coughing everywhere - the security man said nothing. I stayed in the shop as did not want to walk through her germs - and she came in where I was stood and started to cough again. I am now convinced I am a goner. Feel really sad for a friend of mine who lost his mother to this, she had been in hospital for a month with pneumonia and was improving - had 3 tests, all negative and then she suddenly got worse and died.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 19:09]

I know you worry but I am sure you will be fine.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024