Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland 16:33 - Dec 2 with 3865 viewshype313

That pretty much leaves us with Paul Cook or Kieron as palatable options, Kieron might be a lot cheaper, which might help negate the pay off to Lambert.

I don't know why I'm writing this drivel, he's not going, me musing waffle isn't going to change anything.

Cup of tea beckons (Barry's Tea, if anyone's interested)

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:35 - Dec 2 with 3378 viewsitfcpaul

Wheres the link that says they are? Thought the ex Bristol City manager was favourite?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:35 - Dec 2 with 3382 viewsportmanking

I don't know what it is, but there's something about Paul Cook that doesn't quite marry with Town for me. It might be that he's called Paul. It might be that he's another Scouser. I just don't know.

Missing out on the Cowleys at this present time could be a huge mistake for Evans IMO.
With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:54 - Dec 2 with 3301 viewsBlueBadger

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:35 - Dec 2 by portmanking

I don't know what it is, but there's something about Paul Cook that doesn't quite marry with Town for me. It might be that he's called Paul. It might be that he's another Scouser. I just don't know.

Missing out on the Cowleys at this present time could be a huge mistake for Evans IMO.

The trouble with Evans' appointments is that they're often 'Schroedinger's manager'.

The could be good, they could be a failure. It's only when Evans employs the that they become failures.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:56 - Dec 2 with 3276 viewsitfcjoe

I haven’t followed it last couple of days, are they shoo-ins now?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:57 - Dec 2 with 3271 viewshype313

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:56 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

Looking that way, Alan Nixon seems to think so, not sure how gospel he is though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:59 - Dec 2 with 3252 viewsportmanking

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:56 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

He's had two interviews with the Sunderland hierarchy now.

Publicly said that he'd take the job too.

Not looking promising....
With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:02 - Dec 2 with 3232 viewsBlueBadger

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:57 - Dec 2 by hype313

Looking that way, Alan Nixon seems to think so, not sure how gospel he is though.

If Nixon thinks it's nailed on For Sunderland, we can look forward to him telling us how brilliant the training facilities are at Playford Road by the weekend.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:04 - Dec 2 with 3217 viewssolemio

No, not a single person interested in the tea. Many married people are fascinated though.
Login to get fewer ads

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:05 - Dec 2 with 3214 viewsSomethingBlue

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:35 - Dec 2 by portmanking

Agree on Cook. Nothing against him and a lot of respect for what he's done elsewhere. But I'm like you — instinctively it just doesn't feel like the right one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:08 - Dec 2 with 3171 viewsBluefish

Those are the 2 big issues that I am struggling with for Cook too

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:10 - Dec 2 with 3156 viewswkj

I think Cook is being put up on a big pedestal too. Im not saying I don't want to see him, though the support of him is becoming a little hot and heavy when he very well could not be the answer.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:30 - Dec 2 with 3086 viewsOsborneOneNil

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:05 - Dec 2 by SomethingBlue

Agree on Cook. Nothing against him and a lot of respect for what he's done elsewhere. But I'm like you — instinctively it just doesn't feel like the right one.

Interesting. I think he wold be an amazing appointment, very very good coach.
With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:31 - Dec 2 with 3075 viewstractordownsouth

They'll be ruled out by this evening then

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 17:52 - Dec 2 with 3011 viewsgainsboroughblue

The only times that Alan Nixon is right, is when it has already been reported widely five hours hence.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 18:10 - Dec 2 with 2961 viewsclive_baker

Cowley is the standout candidate really if you look at his CV. 4 roles, all really successful. Hails from nearby, ITFC supporting family members and on the upward trajectory in his career where he's got enough desire to make a proper go of something.

More importantly than that, I think we need to really consider what we need from our next management team and be realistic about budget and infrastructure they'll be working within. We won't succeed with a Rooney or a 'big name', for me we really need an operator. Not just a 1st team manager but someone who takes a much more hands on role in the wider club. The Cowley's don't have glittering playing CV's but I think that's beneficial, they're not spoilt and expectant, they strike me as properly switch on blokes who would be engaged, not afraid to hustle and roll up their sleeves and drive every aspect of the club forward. But they're also smart, and tactically capable. We need a management team that will be proactively in waking this club up from its slumber. We need control freaks.

Lambert is passive, disengaged and simply going through the motions, causing friction in the process.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 18:14 - Dec 2 with 2933 viewsArnieM

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 18:10 - Dec 2 by clive_baker

Cowley is the standout candidate really if you look at his CV. 4 roles, all really successful. Hails from nearby, ITFC supporting family members and on the upward trajectory in his career where he's got enough desire to make a proper go of something.

More importantly than that, I think we need to really consider what we need from our next management team and be realistic about budget and infrastructure they'll be working within. We won't succeed with a Rooney or a 'big name', for me we really need an operator. Not just a 1st team manager but someone who takes a much more hands on role in the wider club. The Cowley's don't have glittering playing CV's but I think that's beneficial, they're not spoilt and expectant, they strike me as properly switch on blokes who would be engaged, not afraid to hustle and roll up their sleeves and drive every aspect of the club forward. But they're also smart, and tactically capable. We need a management team that will be proactively in waking this club up from its slumber. We need control freaks.

Lambert is passive, disengaged and simply going through the motions, causing friction in the process.

So sorry Clive....I was meaning to give you a 👍 but my thumb slid across the screen to give you the unintended down thumb. Sorry!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 18:54 - Dec 2 with 2833 viewsNthQldITFC

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 16:54 - Dec 2 by BlueBadger

The trouble with Evans' appointments is that they're often 'Schroedinger's manager'.

The could be good, they could be a failure. It's only when Evans employs the that they become failures.

'Schroedinger's manager'. I like that.

I wonder if that rubs of on our strikers, in that they're all pussies in the box?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 10:35 - Dec 3 with 2623 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 18:10 - Dec 2 by clive_baker

I agree with all this, my only concern would be would they get the respect of the more senior players having not been high up players themselves?

Double edged sword I guess, because they also won't get frustrated by players who can't quite do what they used to do, which was probably partly Keane's problem.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 11:07 - Dec 3 with 2553 viewsericclacton

Read the east nothing is going to change we will be where we are now for donkeys years.........yes the good times are over.Anglican I left out. This phone is crepe
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 11:11]
With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 14:20 - Dec 3 with 2436 viewscooperd5

Quick check on their forum today now shows random names such as these:
Phil Brown
Sol Campbell
Steve Evans

BCWYWF!
With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 14:23 - Dec 3 with 2419 viewsSpruceMoose

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 10:35 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I agree with all this, my only concern would be would they get the respect of the more senior players having not been high up players themselves?

Double edged sword I guess, because they also won't get frustrated by players who can't quite do what they used to do, which was probably partly Keane's problem.

The more senior players have taken us to League One and achieved nothing in a decade. If they have a Billy Big Bollox attitude (which I doubt they do fwiw) they can get in the bin.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 14:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 14:27 - Dec 3 with 2402 viewsWD19

Barry's been on the phone, he says can he have..........

Oh bollox. I can't be bothered to even finish the post. ITFC have sucked the life out of me.
With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 14:48 - Dec 3 with 2349 viewspositivity

paul tick
northern tick
perfect itfc appointment!

(who was our last southern manager? lyall?)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 14:51 - Dec 3 with 2341 viewsKeaneish

The world is bigger than England! “Let’s go con-tin-ental, let’s go cont-tin-ental, la la la la le la la la...”

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 14:55 - Dec 3 with 2314 viewsBloomBlue

With the Cowley's imminent arrival at Sunderland on 14:48 - Dec 3 by positivity

paul tick
northern tick
perfect itfc appointment!

(who was our last southern manager? lyall?)

Keane was Southern Ireland
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024