Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading some the comments 23:38 - Dec 12 with 5872 viewsstantheman

I wonder if some of the people on here are actually Town fans by the way their vitriol spews out all the time.
Reading some the comments on 23:50 - Dec 12 with 3576 viewsBent_double

Well, I wonder if you're a Town fan too.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Reading some the comments on 23:54 - Dec 12 with 3558 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does this involve caring about struggling to compete in league 1 by any chance?

Who is the more committed fan? The one prepared to accept that we are a mid-table League 1 club or the one who is deeply upset that we are?

I was prepared to give the project time once it was clear we were going to be relegated from the Championship, but there has to be a time when it is obvious the ship is heading in completely the wrong direction that you have to question what the captain is up to.

EDIT: Also very odd that you appear to have not posted for two years and when you did it was very negative then.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 23:56]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Reading some the comments on 00:56 - Dec 13 with 3466 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine football fans being angry because the inept manager of their team keeps losing matches in the third division despite having a squad more than capable of getting promoted out if.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Reading some the comments on 01:46 - Dec 13 with 3417 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes we’re a bit miffed after being s5it for 20 years.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Reading some the comments on 01:56 - Dec 13 with 3400 viewshaynes_toe1

When you say vitriol do you mean structured criticism of an owner and manager who collectively have seen us become midtable league one fodder?

Just because you have no ambition or care for the club doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.
Reading some the comments on 02:09 - Dec 13 with 3380 viewsEireannach_gorm

Maybe you should wander off and applaud somebody.
Reading some the comments on 02:54 - Dec 13 with 3354 viewsgainsboroughblue

This is part of the reason why p1ss all with this club will change.

Nobody is allowed to want or expect more. As long as we manage at least two shots on target a game, we should be happy. We should applaud and laud the team as we limp out of the division we should have exited in the opposite direction three years previous. We should be content that we are heading towards midtable or lower in the third tier with a squad that should, if not be p1ssing the league, at least making some sort of statement that we are at least ready to challenge, instead of collapsing to three home defeats in a row to clubs who are apparently, our peers in this division.

If we weren't Town fans, we wouldn't give two sh1ts about the drivel we've had to endure in the last decade and a half, including the negligence and sheer incompetence of the last two and a half.

All around the country, managers are losing their jobs at clubs, some far more harshly than the reasons Lambert would be fired for here. And at a great deal of these clubs, this leads to a revival in fortunes, because the fans and owners alike of these clubs, can see that things are not progressing the way they should, or they need someone in to change the direction or fire them to a new level.

When I look at Portman Road, see the statue of Bobby and Alf, the pictures of Beattie, Wark, Butcher et al holding the UEFA Cup, I do not think 'Yes, I'm happy my club is only realistically likely to beat the likes of Rochdale and Plymouth'.

It must also be noted that a lot of us are still hacked off with comments made towards the fans and actions towards Phil recently which has served even further a total lack of respect coming in our direction too, so in basic terms, screw them if they can't handle a bit back.

Accepting this sorry state of affairs is more akin to being part of the problem rather than being critical or challenging it.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 2:55]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Reading some the comments on 03:08 - Dec 13 with 3315 viewseddiespearitt03

Obviously you have not met the thousands who have stopped following this club. They simply gave up on watching Evans destroy this club. After some games i even heard some of these "lost supporters" use swear words.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading some the comments on 03:36 - Dec 13 with 3293 viewsSpruceMoose

Thanks for that Paul. Good luck on Tuesday, you'll need it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Reading some the comments on 04:03 - Dec 13 with 3272 viewsSE1blue

Hope the hangover isn’t too bad.

Take a couple of paracetamols and delete the sausage pics you sent to Evans.

He’s not interested in you.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Reading some the comments on 12:37 - Dec 13 with 2839 viewsstantheman

Reading some the comments on 23:54 - Dec 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does this involve caring about struggling to compete in league 1 by any chance?

Who is the more committed fan? The one prepared to accept that we are a mid-table League 1 club or the one who is deeply upset that we are?

I was prepared to give the project time once it was clear we were going to be relegated from the Championship, but there has to be a time when it is obvious the ship is heading in completely the wrong direction that you have to question what the captain is up to.

EDIT: Also very odd that you appear to have not posted for two years and when you did it was very negative then.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 23:56]

Cannot remember being hugely negative other than with all the negativity. Mind you we all have good reason to be negative to the point of not giving a damn either way now. Too many important things to worry about if that's your thing.
Reading some the comments on 12:43 - Dec 13 with 2810 viewsstantheman

Reading some the comments on 00:56 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

Imagine football fans being angry because the inept manager of their team keeps losing matches in the third division despite having a squad more than capable of getting promoted out if.

Not sure whether we have more than 3 players capable at present to get anywhere near promotion.
Reading some the comments on 13:34 - Dec 13 with 2731 viewsWD19

Reading some the comments on 12:43 - Dec 13 by stantheman

Not sure whether we have more than 3 players capable at present to get anywhere near promotion.

Nsiala and Nolan did. Do we have more than 2 players who are the equal or better than them?

Happy to help.
Reading some the comments on 13:49 - Dec 13 with 2701 viewsTractorWood

Reading some the comments on 02:54 - Dec 13 by gainsboroughblue

Nobody is allowed to want or expect more. As long as we manage at least two shots on target a game, we should be happy. We should applaud and laud the team as we limp out of the division we should have exited in the opposite direction three years previous. We should be content that we are heading towards midtable or lower in the third tier with a squad that should, if not be p1ssing the league, at least making some sort of statement that we are at least ready to challenge, instead of collapsing to three home defeats in a row to clubs who are apparently, our peers in this division.

If we weren't Town fans, we wouldn't give two sh1ts about the drivel we've had to endure in the last decade and a half, including the negligence and sheer incompetence of the last two and a half.

All around the country, managers are losing their jobs at clubs, some far more harshly than the reasons Lambert would be fired for here. And at a great deal of these clubs, this leads to a revival in fortunes, because the fans and owners alike of these clubs, can see that things are not progressing the way they should, or they need someone in to change the direction or fire them to a new level.

When I look at Portman Road, see the statue of Bobby and Alf, the pictures of Beattie, Wark, Butcher et al holding the UEFA Cup, I do not think 'Yes, I'm happy my club is only realistically likely to beat the likes of Rochdale and Plymouth'.

It must also be noted that a lot of us are still hacked off with comments made towards the fans and actions towards Phil recently which has served even further a total lack of respect coming in our direction too, so in basic terms, screw them if they can't handle a bit back.

Accepting this sorry state of affairs is more akin to being part of the problem rather than being critical or challenging it.

This.

Evans is taking this club to hell by enabling chaos and dysfunction at every level and turn.

Enough is enough.

Anyone still passionate enough to care at this point deserves to be heard.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Reading some the comments on 13:50 - Dec 13 with 2699 viewsFunge

Post Of The Day
Reading some the comments on 13:57 - Dec 13 with 2673 viewsstantheman

Reading some the comments on 13:34 - Dec 13 by WD19

Nsiala and Nolan did. Do we have more than 2 players who are the equal or better than them?

Happy to help.

Nope, if there were we would be at the top of the league.
Reading some the comments on 14:17 - Dec 13 with 2633 viewsN2_Blue

I wonder if people that actually don't think changing the current manager is necessary can be actual fans.

Open your eyes man!

Yes changing the manager is not always the answer for a club, but you cannot fail to see that Lambert has no idea and is a huge mistake. Look at this record, the level we are playing at, his tactics, his team selections, his comments about players, his comments about fans, his decision making, his demeanour.

What is about him that makes you think a change is not necessary? Seriously, please. I'm really interested because I'm stumped!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Reading some the comments on 14:39 - Dec 13 with 2566 viewsChurchman

I think the posts on here show how much people do care. Posters have every right to unload with both barrels. I am amazed that any so called supporter accepts the dross served up by an incomprehensible idiot whose boss cares not a jot about this club and is destroying it bit by bit.
Reading some the comments on 14:39 - Dec 13 with 2566 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Reading some the comments on 13:57 - Dec 13 by stantheman

Should not would.

Therein is the problem. The way the team is utilised.

For example. Which out of Jackson, Drinan and Hawkins do you think would be least effective playing as a lone striker? Which pair of them would you expect to be least effective playing as a two? The bad decisions are so obvious and yet he persists with them.

As for your prior negativity:
My thoughts so far on the season. by stantheman 22 Sep 2018 18:28
Like last season but with:
a) worse players
b) Lack of belief
c) poor leadership

What now!

and
Anology of what we have seen this season by stantheman 21 Aug 2018 22:42
We swapped the family cow for some magic beans. Lets hope they grow soon.

Why do fans have to be more positive now? What is there to be more positive about?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Reading some the comments on 14:39 - Dec 13 with 2559 viewsSteve_M

Well, exactly.

It’s not a few games or even a poor couple of seasons it’s 19 years of interesting failure, the only exception being staying up in 2012-13. It’s not good enough on or off the pitch.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Happy Clapper (n/t) on 14:52 - Dec 13 with 2522 viewsCokeIsKey

You seem pretty happy to watch us get destroyed every game though, don’t you?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Happy Clapper (n/t) on 14:59 - Dec 13 with 2504 viewsstantheman

Happy Clapper (n/t) on 14:52 - Dec 13 by CokeIsKey

You seem pretty happy to watch us get destroyed every game though, don’t you?

Am I? If you think a supporter of over 60 years is happy about where we are you are very wrong. I am just saying our track record of changing managers every few seasons has not worked so why would anything change by throwing the Evans manager dice again. Just a thought and my individual opinion.
Happy Clapper (n/t) on 15:01 - Dec 13 with 2492 viewsDanTheMan

Happy Clapper (n/t) on 14:59 - Dec 13 by stantheman

Am I? If you think a supporter of over 60 years is happy about where we are you are very wrong. I am just saying our track record of changing managers every few seasons has not worked so why would anything change by throwing the Evans manager dice again. Just a thought and my individual opinion.

It probably won't change the systemic issues. In all likelihood only a major rethink or Evans leaving is likely to do that.

But at the same time appointing a semi-competent manager would get us playing better, I have no doubt in my mind about that. Barring a few exceptional games, we've looked poor under Lambert throughout his entire tenure.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Happy Clapper (n/t) on 15:09 - Dec 13 with 2434 viewsCokeIsKey

Happy Clapper (n/t) on 14:59 - Dec 13 by stantheman

Our track record of changing managers every few seasons has been unsuccessful because the managers we’ve appointed haven’t been very good, and not because they weren’t given enough time.

If we appointed someone like the Cowleys or Cook, there’s no doubt we would drastically improve. Evans isn’t a good owner, but ultimately our squad is more than good enough to have success in league 1 and Lambert simply isn’t utilising it.

This can be seen in the way we play, and also how things changed when he left his previous clubs such as Villa and Wolves - they drastically improved with a new manager.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Reading some the comments on 15:11 - Dec 13 with 2408 viewsSwansea_Blue

Reading some the comments on 13:57 - Dec 13 by stantheman

Sorry, but are you drunk?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024