Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Watson 12:12 - Jan 24 with 4504 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Well done Watson on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 3737 viewsKeno

this is a telling comment

Mind you, Town don’t have a back-up right-back at present. The perfectly serviceable one they did have (Janoi Donacien) has just produced a man-of-the-match debut display on loan at Fleetwood.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Well done Watson on 12:25 - Jan 24 with 3646 viewsMrTown

That’s a very very good article, probably one of the best ones I’ve read from Stuart.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Well done Watson on 12:25 - Jan 24 with 3639 viewspointofblue

Well done Watson on 12:17 - Jan 24 by Keno

Mind you, Town don’t have a back-up right-back at present. The perfectly serviceable one they did have (Janoi Donacien) has just produced a man-of-the-match debut display on loan at Fleetwood.

Excellent article. In relation to the above, I think one of the issues is a lack of balance at the back. We have two aging full backs and, for a period, two kids at centre back and now a youngster coupled with one of the clumsiest centre backs we’ve ever had.

McGuinness/Woolfenden - Chambers - Woolfenden/McGuinness - Ward

Let’s try and get some youth out wide and experience in the centre.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well done Watson on 12:27 - Jan 24 with 3613 viewsdavblue

That’s a bang on piece.

If anyone comes at the fans/ media about negativity from us then they need locking up in a mental asylum.

If Lambert was a pundit watching what we have for the last 18 months he would be saying about lack of chances, slow ponderous football.

The fact that he either can’t see it or or doesn’t want to or any of the coaching team it just beggars belief.

What the hell Evans is seeing I’ll never know but this has been going on for far too long, nothing is going to change, it over for Lambert and has been for over a year now the fact Evans can’t see this is the truly shocking bit of the whole affair.

There’s a time and place for an owner to be be strong and not take on board fans concerns. To continue to ignore with a shred of evidence that something is changing is just so incompetent it’s unreal.
Well done Watson on 12:41 - Jan 24 with 3482 viewsJ2BLUE

Well done Watson on 12:25 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

Excellent article. In relation to the above, I think one of the issues is a lack of balance at the back. We have two aging full backs and, for a period, two kids at centre back and now a youngster coupled with one of the clumsiest centre backs we’ve ever had.

McGuinness/Woolfenden - Chambers - Woolfenden/McGuinness - Ward

Let’s try and get some youth out wide and experience in the centre.

Watson, Ham and Warren all very good. Blue Action really getting rolling. And suddenly Lambert doesn't want to do the press conferences.

He really has been exposed as a total fraud and now he wants to hide away.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well done Watson on 12:43 - Jan 24 with 3458 viewsTieDyedIn95

Well done Watson on 12:27 - Jan 24 by davblue

That’s a bang on piece.

If anyone comes at the fans/ media about negativity from us then they need locking up in a mental asylum.

If Lambert was a pundit watching what we have for the last 18 months he would be saying about lack of chances, slow ponderous football.

The fact that he either can’t see it or or doesn’t want to or any of the coaching team it just beggars belief.

What the hell Evans is seeing I’ll never know but this has been going on for far too long, nothing is going to change, it over for Lambert and has been for over a year now the fact Evans can’t see this is the truly shocking bit of the whole affair.

There’s a time and place for an owner to be be strong and not take on board fans concerns. To continue to ignore with a shred of evidence that something is changing is just so incompetent it’s unreal.

Evans isn't interested. I don't think that has sunk in for many yet, he's a bare minimum man. He keeps the club ticking over and that's that, he has no ambition here other than to ensure that this part of his portfolio costs him as little as it can. He supports Chelsea, he doesn't care about Ipswich Town.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Well done Watson on 12:46 - Jan 24 with 3410 viewsdavblue

Well done Watson on 12:43 - Jan 24 by TieDyedIn95

Evans isn't interested. I don't think that has sunk in for many yet, he's a bare minimum man. He keeps the club ticking over and that's that, he has no ambition here other than to ensure that this part of his portfolio costs him as little as it can. He supports Chelsea, he doesn't care about Ipswich Town.

We do need someone who’s sole focus is the football club 7 days a week. It’s too big of a job to half bake it. Needs someone driving it forward from the top.
Well done Watson on 12:48 - Jan 24 with 3366 viewsfooters

Ipswich aren't very good at football. Pages 1 - 30.

More next week.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Watson on 12:50 - Jan 24 with 3354 viewsTieDyedIn95

Well done Watson on 12:46 - Jan 24 by davblue

We do need someone who’s sole focus is the football club 7 days a week. It’s too big of a job to half bake it. Needs someone driving it forward from the top.

Well since Evans took a more active role after he canned Mick it hardly got better! He's just not good enough to run this club, he hasn't made a good decision aside from appointing Mick in 13 years and even then that turned into a total sh1show.

He's a bloody curse.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Well done Watson on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 3241 viewsRegencyBlue

Very good piece but still letting Evans off lightly.

He hasn’t invested as such in the club, what he has done is subsidise trading losses. There is a big difference. Investment, real investment, wouldn’t involve selling our better players and replacing them with cheaper dross year on year.

Good to see pressure finally being applied but it’s season ticket sales, or rather cancellations, which will decide if it has any effect ultimately.
Well done Watson on 12:59 - Jan 24 with 3218 viewsChrisd

Hear, hear! This is a real good piece of work by him. He always gives a balanced viewpoint, but it really is hard to disagree with what has been written in this article.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Well done Watson on 13:14 - Jan 24 with 3060 viewschicoazul

Well done Watson on 12:17 - Jan 24 by Keno

Banter era.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well done Watson on 13:16 - Jan 24 with 3031 viewsfooters

Well done Watson on 13:14 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Banter era.

Good to have you back, Chickers! Now that you are back in the country, can we look forward to more posts about our decaying public and individual morality?

Well done Watson on 13:46 - Jan 24 with 2795 viewschicoazul

Well done Watson on 13:16 - Jan 24 by footers

Good to have you back, Chickers! Now that you are back in the country, can we look forward to more posts about our decaying public and individual morality?

Given that I recently spent a lot of time in a country that is socially & fiscally conservative where family is everything religion is still quite important and everything (literally) closes on Sunday then yes my brother you can! My views have been reinforced!
How are you? What a balls up this all is.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well done Watson on 13:56 - Jan 24 with 2693 viewsbobbyramsey

Keeping the highest paid manager in the league employed can't be very cheap.
Well done Watson on 14:01 - Jan 24 with 2637 viewsChurchman

I can see Evans now laughing his head off at the financial rules coming in and getting that change of use application into the council for the training ground before it’s sold. Think of the savings!!! I’ve no idea who he supports. I actually doubt he’s is interested in football at all, but one things certain, you are 100% right about his interest in Ipswich Town. Zero.
Well done Watson on 14:13 - Jan 24 with 2521 viewsistanblue

And yet he and his paymasters at the EADT STILL refuse to run a 'Lambert Out' headline. Our utterly spineless local media have a lot to answer for, and at this point are complicit in the dreadful way the club is being run due failing to hold them to account. It's a dereliction of duty on their part.
Well done Watson on 14:54 - Jan 24 with 2263 viewsfooters

Well done Watson on 13:46 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Given that I recently spent a lot of time in a country that is socially & fiscally conservative where family is everything religion is still quite important and everything (literally) closes on Sunday then yes my brother you can! My views have been reinforced!
How are you? What a balls up this all is.

Excellent, good to hear! TWTD has become a cesspit of lefty drug taking atheists in your absence, and even Lord Ham has been talking down the benefits of the nuclear family.

All is well with me, thanks, although I still have a way to go to live up to your exacting moral standards!

Well done Watson on 15:01 - Jan 24 with 2198 viewstetchris

Blimey controversial from such a soft soap local journo.
Well done Watson on 15:04 - Jan 24 with 2173 viewsBlueBadger

Well done Watson on 15:01 - Jan 24 by tetchris

Watson has been lowkey dissing on Lambert for a while now. Hamgate for the final straw for him, I think.

Which speaks volumes for his basic decency, I can think of a few EADT journos of the past who'd have been more than happy to hang Phil out to dry.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 15:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well done Watson on 15:11 - Jan 24 with 2107 viewsGavTWTD

Was a pleasant read backing my/our feelings.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Well done Watson on 15:17 - Jan 24 with 2041 viewsdavblue

Well done Watson on 15:11 - Jan 24 by GavTWTD

I thought you were backing the Ham ban?
Well done Watson on 15:24 - Jan 24 with 1986 viewsDubtractor

Well done Watson on 15:11 - Jan 24 by GavTWTD

Appreciate that TWTD needs to retain an element of diplomacy in things Gav, but there must be a part of you desperate for ME to pull the trigger, all things considered?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well done Watson on 15:24 - Jan 24 with 1994 viewsGavTWTD

Well done Watson on 15:17 - Jan 24 by davblue

I thought you were backing the Ham ban?

You've lost me. Why would I be in favour of Phil being banned? It's costing us a fair bit in the very least. And something rarely mentioned is we're all suffering in our homes. How fantastic would it be for us all to have something to cheer about at the moment? The football played yesterday wasn't good enough and is depressing.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Well done Watson on 15:28 - Jan 24 with 1923 viewsIllinoisblue

Well done Watson on 15:01 - Jan 24 by tetchris

Chuckle. Have you even read his stuff over the last 18 months? Clearly you haven’t

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024