Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton 12:06 - Apr 13 with 2197 viewsBluefish

He is a serious football man. That is a serious sign of intent from the new owners and we have the structure that has been long demanded
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 12:10]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:12 - Apr 13 with 2143 viewsSomethingBlue

And he wouldn't be leaving that job to come here unless he thought there was a serious chance of making something happen.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:14 - Apr 13 with 2118 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:12 - Apr 13 by SomethingBlue

And he wouldn't be leaving that job to come here unless he thought there was a serious chance of making something happen.

He's probably costing a fair bob or two as well. First bit of serious investment in place.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:22 - Apr 13 with 2050 viewstextbackup

Voted best CEO in championship 2019.... and we now have him.

Possibly the best signing we’ve made in 10/15 years

I don’t care what sort of bloke he is either, hope he’s a ruthless fcker that cuts away what he doesn’t see fit for purpose

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:47 - Apr 13 with 1976 viewsHARRY10

I hope there's no dodgy side to this

we don't want some kind of Ashtongate
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:59 - Apr 13 with 1921 viewsSwansea_Blue

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:47 - Apr 13 by HARRY10

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:03 - Apr 13 with 1885 viewsghostofescobar

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:47 - Apr 13 by HARRY10

Will the house he rents in Suffolk be the Ashton Villa? Sorry.......

GhostOfEscobar

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:06 - Apr 13 with 1869 viewsIwasthere

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:22 - Apr 13 by textbackup

I don’t care what sort of bloke he is either, hope he’s a ruthless fcker that cuts away what he doesn’t see fit for purpose

I wonder if he has met Paul Cook as he seems to be very hands on with all things football related, including recruitment. This will be an interesting partnership.
Excellent appointment long overdue.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:08 - Apr 13 with 1861 viewsBobbychase

Think I've posted this before but take the complaints of Bristol City fans with a pinch of salt. Their stadium and training ground are the envy of many Championship clubs and some in the Prem. A long, long way from where they were a few years back.

Plus the Webster sale shows the sort of ruthlessness in the transfer market we've seemed incapable of under Evans.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:12 - Apr 13 with 1826 viewshaynes_toe1

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:22 - Apr 13 by textbackup

Bristol City fans haven't rated him for the last 2-3 years certainly. The Holden appointment seemed to the last straw.

Look, there's a reason he's going from the Championship to League One - it's not a great career trajectory.

But equally, it's still a massive step up from what we have had for god knows how long.

Fingers crossed!
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:19 - Apr 13 with 1718 viewsFixed_It

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:12 - Apr 13 by haynes_toe1

Bristol City fans haven't rated him for the last 2-3 years certainly. The Holden appointment seemed to the last straw.

Look, there's a reason he's going from the Championship to League One - it's not a great career trajectory.

But equally, it's still a massive step up from what we have had for god knows how long.

Fingers crossed!

The reason is...he has chosen to. He's not been sacked or hounded out. He probably wants a new challenge, and is excited by the project at Ipswich.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:21 - Apr 13 with 1703 viewschrismakin

Fingers crossed!

This is the same CEO that once turned down the opportunity to join Man Utd as he saw a better picture for what he wanted to do,

He's done an awful lot at BC, which the fans don't appear to appreciate any longer. Town have new owners and if things go to their plan, we won't be league 1 for long, so it's actually a good move by M/A, if he does half of what he has at BC, the club has improved behind the scenes more than we have in 14 years.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:27 - Apr 13 with 1644 viewstractorboy1978

Fingers crossed!

Honestly, what does your average football fan know about running a professional football club?

I am inclined to be more interested in the views of Mike O'Leary (who has worked with him twice), Steve Lansdowne (who didn't want him to go) and the committee who voted him the best CEO in the Championship in 2019.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:27 - Apr 13 with 1642 viewshaynes_toe1

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:21 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

This is the same CEO that once turned down the opportunity to join Man Utd as he saw a better picture for what he wanted to do,

He's done an awful lot at BC, which the fans don't appear to appreciate any longer. Town have new owners and if things go to their plan, we won't be league 1 for long, so it's actually a good move by M/A, if he does half of what he has at BC, the club has improved behind the scenes more than we have in 14 years.

It wasn't Evans aim to be in League One either. Plans dont fall into place automatically, especially in football.

He's a big step up from what we've got but of course there's question marks, he's universally disliked by his previous 2 clubs who celebrated him leaving like they'd won a cup.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:33 - Apr 13 with 1594 viewschrismakin

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:27 - Apr 13 by haynes_toe1

It wasn't Evans aim to be in League One either. Plans dont fall into place automatically, especially in football.

He's a big step up from what we've got but of course there's question marks, he's universally disliked by his previous 2 clubs who celebrated him leaving like they'd won a cup.

Evans didn't employ someone like Ashton as his first action.

He's desliked by fans, not the clubs. big difference

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:34 - Apr 13 with 1590 viewsfloridaboy

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:27 - Apr 13 by haynes_toe1

Disliked by the fans. The guy who owns Bristol City is full of praise for him and I get the impression did not want him to leave.

Maybe time for sleepy old Ipswich Town to move with the times and get football people in to run the club.

I for one cant wait for him and O'Leary to get stuck in!

And of course Paul Cook to get stuck into the players and ship out those who dont want to be here!
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:36 - Apr 13 with 1563 viewspointofblue

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:33 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

A bit like Mick at the end, then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:38 - Apr 13 with 1515 viewshaynes_toe1

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:33 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Yeah and we are...fans? So it's pretty relevant. Evans didnt dislike Clegg, for example.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:46 - Apr 13 with 1430 viewschrismakin

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:36 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

A bit like Mick at the end, then.

Exactly.

Their fans are very quicky to moan about him without even mentioning all the good things he did which quite frankly changed their club for the better

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:48 - Apr 13 with 1412 viewschrismakin

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:38 - Apr 13 by haynes_toe1

Yeah and we are...fans? So it's pretty relevant. Evans didnt dislike Clegg, for example.

I didnt dislike Clegg. I do wish he had someone with footballing experience under him to share the load

There is also a big difference. Apart from turnstiles. It's hard to name anything positive Clegg did for the club.. if you can name some I will gladly hold my hands up.

Ashton has been involved in vast amounts of positive changes for BC. From player profits to ground improvements etc
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 13:50]

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 15:18 - Apr 13 with 1211 viewsHARRY10

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:34 - Apr 13 by floridaboy

Disliked by the fans. The guy who owns Bristol City is full of praise for him and I get the impression did not want him to leave.

Maybe time for sleepy old Ipswich Town to move with the times and get football people in to run the club.

And of course Paul Cook to get stuck into the players and ship out those who dont want to be here!

Webber left PL Huddersfield for Chs scum, so there’s no problem with Ashton moving to us.

I am not bothered if he is not liked either. He's coming here to do a job. If that means ruffling a few feathers both inside and outside of the club, so be it.

For too long we have been in cruise mode, Micawberish in our belief that at some point " something will turn up"

17 years later, nothing has.

Time to make it happen, whatever noses are put out of joint in the process.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 16:04 - Apr 13 with 1055 viewsChurchman

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 13:34 - Apr 13 by floridaboy

I couldn’t care a less whether fans of another club like him or not. It’s not a popularity contest. It’s all about whether he can work with the Chairman, the manager, Board and propel the club forwards.

The owners are not exactly moving slowly are they - which is excellent.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 16:27 - Apr 13 with 973 viewsnshearman1

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 16:04 - Apr 13 by Churchman

I couldn’t care a less whether fans of another club like him or not. It’s not a popularity contest. It’s all about whether he can work with the Chairman, the manager, Board and propel the club forwards.

The owners are not exactly moving slowly are they - which is excellent.

I have no doubt he can work with the Chairman and the Board. The key is whether he and Cook can work together. I believe he's been appointed without them even having met - and that's the crucial relationship because, however lovely the stands (and they do need a lot of work), it's how the football team does that is critical to everything.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 16:28 - Apr 13 with 965 viewschrismakin

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 16:27 - Apr 13 by nshearman1

I have no doubt he can work with the Chairman and the Board. The key is whether he and Cook can work together. I believe he's been appointed without them even having met - and that's the crucial relationship because, however lovely the stands (and they do need a lot of work), it's how the football team does that is critical to everything.

They have met previously.

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 16:53 - Apr 13 with 879 viewsRadioOrwell

Fingers crossed!

Ultimately the Americans will need to be satisfied.
If he is not doing a job I'm certain they will do something about it.

Either way it looks like we have serious professionals at the club.
That has to be good for us.
Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 12:29 - Apr 14 with 696 viewsSuperjack

Regardless of the Brizzle view of Ashton on 16:27 - Apr 13 by nshearman1

Bristol City fan here.

I suspect that Cook will be the last 'Manager' that you have under Mark Ashton. All subsequent appointments will be 'Head Coach' as Ashton likes power. I don't think that it's any coincidence that now we have a 'Manager' again in Pearson (hopefully not temporarily), he has headed for the exit door.

Once his feet are under the table, you will only ever hear from him when there is something to take credit for.

I believe that he met Cook when he interviewed for our job last summer. When he gave it to our 'Assistant Head Coach'.

On the corporate side, it's a great appointment. Just make him stick to that.

Good luck.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024