Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday 16:52 - Jan 27 with 3388 viewsMaySixth

hope I am wrong

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 16:53 - Jan 27 with 2907 viewsKieran_Knows

Cheers Geoff.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:02 - Jan 27 with 2860 viewsFrimleyBlue

Into the unknown sat

They've players returning. 3 new signings.

Form table for them isn't great.. but think that can be thrown out the window now on the above basis.

If we had a CM pair I'd feel confident. But think we need to see idris sat not Caroll. But then have we anyone in the midfield who can spray the ball around.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:21 - Jan 27 with 2793 viewstextbackup

Seems to be a common theme on here, yesterday so many had given up any hope.

They aren’t all that at all, and we are in the best form we’ve been in all season.

Town win

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:26 - Jan 27 with 2770 viewsSchancheITFC

Going to be tough but there pretty dreadful at the moment
Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:29 - Jan 27 with 2751 viewsMattinLondon

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:21 - Jan 27 by textbackup

Seems to be a common theme on here, yesterday so many had given up any hope.

They aren’t all that at all, and we are in the best form we’ve been in all season.

Town win

If Sheff Wed had anything about them then they would be in the top two averaging two points a game. They aren’t.

I know we aren’t great either but confidence must be high and unlike the previous clown the manager seems to know what he’s doing. 2-0 victory to Town.
Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:34 - Jan 27 with 2735 viewsMullet

The midfield is certainly weak and something we need to think about, but we will lose games and I’d rather it not be one closer to us making the playoffs if ultimately we do fall short this season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:44 - Jan 27 with 2680 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:34 - Jan 27 by Mullet

The midfield is certainly weak and something we need to think about, but we will lose games and I’d rather it not be one closer to us making the playoffs if ultimately we do fall short this season.

I think the secret is not to get too swept up in the hype at the moment.

i for one, had pretty much written the playoffs off when Cook left. The points per game and turnaround looked too much for someone putting their own ideas in place to achieve.

But KMcK has really got off to a great start and got everyone excited about the possibilities of what this team could achieve and that's great,

But for me, promotion / playoffs this season from where the team were when he came in would be an incredible achievement. I expect a few losses along the way, I won't enjoy them but you have to anticipate them. They won't be disasters.

He's improved things fantastically in a short time and long may those improvements continue.

I feel so much more relaxed with him in charge.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:51 - Jan 27 with 2656 viewsDubtractor

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:34 - Jan 27 by Mullet

I'd take a draw now tbh, then follow up with 2 wins.

Not out of fear of Wednesday so much as worrying that missing our first choice 2 in midfield leaves us weaker.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:58 - Jan 27 with 2627 viewsMerseyBlue

Will be difficult with the two suspensions. I'd be happy with a draw, but have a funny feeling we might coast to a fairly easy win. If we can get something out of this situation we have to be confident for February.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 18:51 - Jan 27 with 2420 viewsChurchman

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:51 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

Not out of fear of Wednesday so much as worrying that missing our first choice 2 in midfield leaves us weaker.

I’ll go with this view. We will not have our strongest midfield, they have new players, we’ve won 4 in 5, we are more robust than we were and the players have lots to prove.

Lots of imponderables, but for some unearthly reason I’m more optimistic than I was against Notlob. Misplaced optimism around KM? I don’t know.

Regardless, I feel things behind the scenes and on the pitch are moving forward. I’m glad there’s been limited change during the transfer window. It’s a rubbish time to do deals and we have signed Walton. The most important signing in a long time, so I’m content.
Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 18:56 - Jan 27 with 2399 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:51 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

If you offered me 7 of 9 I'd say yes please, I've always had a borg fantasy

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 18:56 - Jan 27 with 2394 viewssuffolkpoker

Exactly this, I would take the score draw now and save the coach trip.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 14:01 - Jan 28 with 1942 viewsMaySixth

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:58 - Jan 27 by MerseyBlue

Will be difficult with the two suspensions. I'd be happy with a draw, but have a funny feeling we might coast to a fairly easy win. If we can get something out of this situation we have to be confident for February.

I'd be very happy with a draw

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 16:11 - Jan 28 with 1843 viewswkj

Quite often you are, so let's the same if true this time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 16:19 - Jan 28 with 1807 viewsITFC_Forever

It is a classic "take a point now and save the journey" Mick game this one.

However, Fraser could be one to fill one of the midfield roles, and Thompson could / should go straight in.

Always go for a win obviously, but a point will be decent enough tomorrow.

Sheff Weds are a proper club and, along with us and Sunderland, feel they shouldn't be in this division - but, again like us and Sunderland, they are for a reason.
They will also feel they should be on-board HMS P1ss the League, and will be frustrated they aren't - but again, that's for much the same reasons as us.

Our up-turn under KMc with some very winnable games coming up will mean a point at least and a good few wins in February should see us not just flirting with the POs, but taking them out to dinner, sharing a couple of bottles of wine and getting a taxi back to their place.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 16:29 - Jan 28 with 1777 viewsTractorCam

Nailed on 1-1.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 16:32 - Jan 28 with 1768 viewsPrideOfTheEast

3-0 town.
Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:05 - Jan 28 with 1680 viewsSamWhiteUK

My money's on a Town win, scoring at least 2 goals
Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:29 - Jan 28 with 1625 viewsMetal_Hacker

Would be a huge 3 points

1) I get bragging rights with my Sheffield Wednesday mates
2) Wycombe playing MK Dons - points dropped somewhere here
3) Monday night Portsmouth v Charlton - hopefully Charlton can nick a point

Poll: If it were one or the other

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:38 - Jan 28 with 1583 viewsFightingEssex

Let’s be honest the chances of going up are tight, if we win more than we lose before the seasons end it will be a achievement. A draw tomorrow won’t be a bad result.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 17:57 - Jan 28 with 1539 viewspeterleeblue

Id say (just) we are in control if we take care of our own business.
We have 3 pts at Wimbledon in the bag and would take draw away and win at home.
So I still see tomorrow as a free hit. A defeat does not write us of. A win has us as real contenders but guarantees nothing.
Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 18:04 - Jan 28 with 1504 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's the spirit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 18:14 - Jan 28 with 1468 viewsVic

So do I (hope you’re wrong!)

It would be a massive, massive three points for us - not just in terms of points on the board and 4 ahead of them, but for the confidence going forward.

That’s said, I’ll take a draw if I have to.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 20:28 - Jan 28 with 1293 viewstextbackup

Come 1700 tomorrow, it’ll be a job well done with 3 points in the bag. 2-0 town

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 20:42 - Jan 28 with 1244 viewsbrogansnose

Horrible feeling we will lose at Sheff Wed on Saturday on 20:28 - Jan 28 by textbackup

Come 1700 tomorrow, it’ll be a job well done with 3 points in the bag. 2-0 town

I've got nothing to base this on apart from gut feeling but, win this and we march into the playoffs with momentum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024