Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miller and Carter 16:50 - Jan 8 with 3819 viewsmylittletown

They seem to be very successful.

I went for the first time last night, and paid £70 a head for a really crap meal. Is this typical, or was I unlucky?

For the record, I had nasty slimy chicken wings with a bottled BBQ sauce, a gristly tasteless 'Black Angus' 50 day aged rib-eye, with really dreadful, supposedly triple cooked, chunky chips.

The wine was good tbf.
Miller and Carter on 17:00 - Jan 8 with 3392 viewsSitfcB

Overrated, just like Nando’s.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Miller and Carter on 17:01 - Jan 8 with 3395 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

They appear to be a sinking ship.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/miller-carter-floating-resta

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Miller and Carter on 17:03 - Jan 8 with 3343 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's a crap chain. Not much more of a step up from a Bernie Inn but with slightly better decor.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Miller and Carter on 17:06 - Jan 8 with 3311 viewsDubtractor

I've not been, but it's just another Mitchells and Butlers (used to be Bass) chain restaurant isn't it? That doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad, but I wouldn't expect fine dining either.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Miller and Carter on 17:08 - Jan 8 with 3284 viewshomer_123

Been four times. 2 were decent...last 2 however were shocking and I mean shocking.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Miller and Carter on 17:46 - Jan 8 with 3001 viewsFreddies_Ears

Miller and Carter on 17:08 - Jan 8 by homer_123

Been four times. 2 were decent...last 2 however were shocking and I mean shocking.

Sounds like cost-cutting...
Miller and Carter on 17:49 - Jan 8 with 2958 viewsPlums

We go occasionally to one in Nottingham as it's within walking distance. It's been variable but if we didn't have a 20% off voucher, we probably wouldn't go.
They seem to be increasingly poor at trimming their steaks.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Miller and Carter on 17:56 - Jan 8 with 2890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Went some years ago and felt it was bot poor and expensive. Never a good combination. The people we went with thought it was fantastic.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Miller and Carter on 17:58 - Jan 8 with 2858 viewsDanTheMan

Miller and Carter on 17:49 - Jan 8 by Plums

We go occasionally to one in Nottingham as it's within walking distance. It's been variable but if we didn't have a 20% off voucher, we probably wouldn't go.
They seem to be increasingly poor at trimming their steaks.

That the Wollaton one?

Been tempted a few times but always fancied something else every time we've looked for somewhere to eat.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Miller and Carter on 18:15 - Jan 8 with 2743 viewsSuperBobbyPetta

you'd be better at Venue 16
Miller and Carter on 18:20 - Jan 8 with 2724 viewsParky

Overrated and overpriced.
Miller and Carter on 18:36 - Jan 8 with 2649 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Miller and Carter on 17:03 - Jan 8 by GlasgowBlue

It's a crap chain. Not much more of a step up from a Bernie Inn but with slightly better decor.

Loved Berni Inns. Used to take the girlfriend there back in the 70’s. Prawn cocktail followed by a steak, apple pie and a bottle of Liebfraumilch. Heaven
Miller and Carter on 22:36 - Jan 18 with 2061 viewsPlums

Miller and Carter on 17:58 - Jan 8 by DanTheMan

That the Wollaton one?

Been tempted a few times but always fancied something else every time we've looked for somewhere to eat.

Sorry, I missed this.
Yes, that's the one. It does some good trade so hits the spot for a lot of people.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Miller and Carter on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 2036 viewsDeano69

Haha. I was there last night too

It was ok. But over the odds price wise for what you get. Venue 16 is better.

Absolutely freezing our tits off in there and they were very keen to get rid of us (we were the last to leave)

The waitress said there’s a refit imminent.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Miller and Carter on 22:49 - Jan 18 with 1985 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Miller and Carter on 18:36 - Jan 8 by muhrensleftfoot

Loved Berni Inns. Used to take the girlfriend there back in the 70’s. Prawn cocktail followed by a steak, apple pie and a bottle of Liebfraumilch. Heaven

You've met my wife then.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Miller and Carter on 06:55 - Jan 19 with 1659 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, it’s not great. Used to go quite a bit when it first opened, and it was okay, but nothing special.

That said, me and the wife went over Xmas as we were given a voucher for there from someone at our wedding last year and I opted for the burger instead which was really good.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Miller and Carter on 07:32 - Jan 19 with 1580 viewsFunge

They're the pits. You're a steak restaurant; you've literally got one job. If you can't cook a steak properly, you're going to struggle.

Honestly, massively overpriced and very poor food.

Another vote for Venue 16 which is outstanding.
Miller and Carter on 08:24 - Jan 19 with 1452 viewsDanTheMan

Miller and Carter on 07:32 - Jan 19 by Funge

They're the pits. You're a steak restaurant; you've literally got one job. If you can't cook a steak properly, you're going to struggle.

I had this with another steak place near me, Son of Steak.

Their entire thing was steak, I had their signature dish and asked for it rare and it came out almost well done. Chewy as anything and bland.

Others seemed to like it, so whenever we went I just had the chicken instead which was fairly decent.

Miller and Carter on 08:30 - Jan 19 with 1412 viewsgeg1992

Going to Miller and Carter is usually a mis-steak. However, I also vote Venue 16. My wife took me there for my birthday and it was incredible.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Miller and Carter on 08:34 - Jan 19 with 1383 viewsDeano69

Miller and Carter on 07:32 - Jan 19 by Funge

Reminds of kfc in cardinal park. Don’t really go there now, but we used to have a work takeaway from there every other week pre-Covid. Nearly every time we went to there we had a queue and wait as they were waiting on chicken and/or fries to be cooked. That’s literally all you sell and it’s lunch time, what were you expecting??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Miller and Carter on 08:42 - Jan 19 with 1342 viewsDanTheMan

Miller and Carter on 08:34 - Jan 19 by Deano69

Reminds of kfc in cardinal park. Don’t really go there now, but we used to have a work takeaway from there every other week pre-Covid. Nearly every time we went to there we had a queue and wait as they were waiting on chicken and/or fries to be cooked. That’s literally all you sell and it’s lunch time, what were you expecting??

KFC has always taken ages with orders, as long as I can remember and in every franchise.

They still manage to have soggy, bland chips. It's actually impressive, they are worse than the cheap frozen ones you stick in an oven.

We had a Popeyes open in Nottingham recently and the quality is so much better for about the same speed.

Miller and Carter on 08:45 - Jan 19 with 1320 viewsblueasfook

Miller and Carter on 17:00 - Jan 8 by SitfcB

Overrated, just like Nando’s.

Used to love a Nandos but since their sauces became available to buy, I prefer to cook my own at home using better quality chicken. The chicken you get in their restaurants is usually mostly bones!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Miller and Carter on 08:50 - Jan 19 with 1299 viewsBluebell

Been to the Miller and Carter in Stratford on Avon a couple of times. Both times had rib eye steak but it was only average. Had much better for less money elsewhere.

What I can’t understand is why do you get lettuce with a choice of dressing? That seems weird to me!
Miller and Carter on 08:53 - Jan 19 with 1277 viewsDanTheMan

Miller and Carter on 08:50 - Jan 19 by Bluebell

Been to the Miller and Carter in Stratford on Avon a couple of times. Both times had rib eye steak but it was only average. Had much better for less money elsewhere.

What I can’t understand is why do you get lettuce with a choice of dressing? That seems weird to me!

Wedge salad? I've always assumed that was an American thing, I don't really get it either. It's fine but I'd prefer a proper salad.

Miller and Carter on 09:06 - Jan 19 with 1194 viewshype313

It's dire, I went to Hawksmoor before Christmas and that was outstanding for very similar price as M&C.

The last time I went to the one in Ipswich it looked shoddy, dirty and the staff acted like they would rather be anywhere else than there. I felt the same after my meal.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024