Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading have bid £10M for...... 19:50 - Jul 26 with 13812 viewsBloots

.....Nahki Wells.

Football is dead.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 19:58 - Jul 26 with 9802 viewsBlueBadger

We can expect a 400 word missive from one of the barmies as to yet further evidence as to why it's actually The Right thing To Do some time around 11, I reckon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:06 - Jul 26 with 9742 viewsbournemouthblue

We have certainly missed the boat financially

This is now about par for a decent striker at this level

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:07 - Jul 26 with 9722 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:06 - Jul 26 by bournemouthblue

That doesn't make it right

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:17 - Jul 26 with 9641 viewstextbackup

We should have signed him years back... and had a tidy profit from it!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:20 - Jul 26 with 9605 viewsElderGrizzly

More, why would he leave Huddersfield in the PL to join Reading?
Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:23 - Jul 26 with 9583 viewsTIB

This window with the money being spent is really f**king me off now and is really ruining the game. Bets on what year we see the first billion pound player?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:24 - Jul 26 with 9581 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:06 - Jul 26 by bournemouthblue

Does make you wonder how many town fans genuinely would be happy for us to spend this type of money.
I can honestly say, hand on heart, I would be much more likely to walk away from town and football if we started bidding this type of money. Much more likely than all our seasons scrapping around in the championship.
Yes, Evans could/ should spend more.
A couple of million on promising youngsters, absolutely, premier league youngsters on loan, yep, frees and cheap punts, yes too. Might not be glamorous, but it feels right. 10 million for only a half decent player, no thanks.

Genuinely don't know if I'm in the minority on this, I guess so given some peoples posts, but I hope not. People like to bang on about losing our way from Robson and Ramsey and Burley, but clamouring to spend millions on average players, even if it is what many others are doing, is surely a million miles from "the Ipswich way".
Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:29 - Jul 26 with 9540 viewsBloots

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:23 - Jul 26 by TIB

This window with the money being spent is really f**king me off now and is really ruining the game. Bets on what year we see the first billion pound player?

.....at our level?

It's either never going to end, or we will be the only club left when all the rich benefactors get bored and walk away.

It's madness and genuinely worries me about the long term future of the game.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:34 - Jul 26 with 9498 viewsxrayspecs

Mate sent me a text a few weeks back, saying something similar when Leicester (yes PL champions but pretty bang average division 2 side for many years) bid £40m for Sigurdsson (from a arguably less successful) Swansea.

Nothing good can come from this.
Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:35 - Jul 26 with 9490 viewsDubtractor

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:29 - Jul 26 by Bloots

.....at our level?

It's either never going to end, or we will be the only club left when all the rich benefactors get bored and walk away.

It is fooking ludicrous. I don't ever want to see us spending that sort of money whilst in the second division. I'd be wary of us spending it in the premier too to be honest.

Without wanting to be a drama queen, I am genuinely losing interest in it all. Of course it doesn't matter to me personally what money is paid, and what players earn, but the fact that ITFC are outspending our income by 6 or 7 million a year, whilst spending relatively paltry sums on players, is utterly absurd.

FFP my arse.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 20:37]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:51 - Jul 26 with 9321 viewsTIB

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:29 - Jul 26 by Bloots

.....at our level?

More the highest level...the likes of Man City and then Neymar being linked with a move for just shy of £200m!!! Teams spending all this money for players, half of which will end up rotting on a bench and never achieving their full potential is ridiculous.

That said, the money being spent in the Championship is increasingly rapidly...I'm not sure but I'd be tempted to say this window could well see the most money spent on players ever?

I like the fact we're not out there spending crazy money as half the teams in our league that do it, still don't get promoted.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:57 - Jul 26 with 9255 viewsAdmiralFunge

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:35 - Jul 26 by Dubtractor

It is fooking ludicrous. I don't ever want to see us spending that sort of money whilst in the second division. I'd be wary of us spending it in the premier too to be honest.

Without wanting to be a drama queen, I am genuinely losing interest in it all. Of course it doesn't matter to me personally what money is paid, and what players earn, but the fact that ITFC are outspending our income by 6 or 7 million a year, whilst spending relatively paltry sums on players, is utterly absurd.

FFP my arse.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 20:37]

Heh, this is where I am too, Dubbers.

Fck football. I don't care about any team in the Prem (altho I'd like to see Huddersfield do OK; even so, they've spent £10m (!) on Mooy this summer), despite Sky's best attempts to ram it down my throat, repeatedly.

Real and Barca cheat, repeatedly, on and off the field, and everyone else aspires to be just like them. It's all pointless.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:59 - Jul 26 with 9222 viewsMark

The transfer fees are absolutely ridiculous, I just wish Ipswich would invest properly in young players so if they do well we could sell for these inflated fees, then reinvest part of it in more young players (alongside the academy). That is the Ipswich way.
Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 21:43 - Jul 26 with 8855 viewsMullet

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 20:57 - Jul 26 by AdmiralFunge

Heh, this is where I am too, Dubbers.

Fck football. I don't care about any team in the Prem (altho I'd like to see Huddersfield do OK; even so, they've spent £10m (!) on Mooy this summer), despite Sky's best attempts to ram it down my throat, repeatedly.

Real and Barca cheat, repeatedly, on and off the field, and everyone else aspires to be just like them. It's all pointless.

I only get like that when surrounded by plastic Mancs of either colour, mainly reds too in all honesty. But yes, it does royally fcuk me off to see teams like Brighton following Blackpool, Pompey et al and no sign of anyone going bust.

Makes me wonder what/if will make it all come tumbling down.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 22:02 - Jul 26 with 8709 viewsJimmy86

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:07 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

That doesn't make it right

Christ man, Town have held the moral high ground for long enough!!! We didn't get extra points for adhering to the farce that is FFP, when others blatantly flaunted it and didn't get punished. It is now par for the course. Strikers cost a large wedge of cash!! Even the better players in league 1 and 2 now cost fairly decent money. We have stood still for a long time. Just proves it, Evans has loosened the purse strings and 1 million is seen as a decent fee. Bristol paid 5 million and they finished lower than we did....
Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:16 - Jul 26 with 8595 viewsAdmiralFunge

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 21:43 - Jul 26 by Mullet

I only get like that when surrounded by plastic Mancs of either colour, mainly reds too in all honesty. But yes, it does royally fcuk me off to see teams like Brighton following Blackpool, Pompey et al and no sign of anyone going bust.

It must come down, just I've no idea how or when.

Would love to West Ham crash and burn - they've cheated worse than most - but I'd imagine that the London Borough of Newham will go bust first.

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:20 - Jul 26 with 8547 viewsMullet

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:16 - Jul 26 by AdmiralFunge

It must come down, just I've no idea how or when.

Would love to West Ham crash and burn - they've cheated worse than most - but I'd imagine that the London Borough of Newham will go bust first.

Essex will burn the night that happens.

The list is massive now, the potential leveller of them all coming down would massively rejig the game in the theory but if you look at say Juve or even Parma in Italy, let alone whatever Rangers are meant to be now, somehow things go back to how they were give or take with these scumbags.

At least the scum will have blown their wad by the end of this season and be in serious bother if their charity shop Wagner doesn't do the business. Seems we're back to things burning again....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:22 - Jul 26 with 8533 viewsElderGrizzly

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:20 - Jul 26 by Mullet

The list is massive now, the potential leveller of them all coming down would massively rejig the game in the theory but if you look at say Juve or even Parma in Italy, let alone whatever Rangers are meant to be now, somehow things go back to how they were give or take with these scumbags.

At least the scum will have blown their wad by the end of this season and be in serious bother if their charity shop Wagner doesn't do the business. Seems we're back to things burning again....

At this rate, they'll have nothing left to sell either.

Fingers crossed his team is full of Bajners
Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 8445 viewsAdmiralFunge

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:20 - Jul 26 by Mullet

I dunno, Rangers are a pale, pale shadow of their former selves.

I was listening to a Hawksbee & Jacobs section a while back, and their guestwas saying that Rangers are just going through the motions, really - it's only the Old Firm games that are keeping their life support on.

Just look at the ludicrous money in this league. Derby have thrown absolutely millions at it, and have nothing to show for it. Villa, Wednesday, Reading, Forest and Bristol City all going silly this summer, as are Boro. Sooner or later it has to end in tears for one of them.

In the words of the great KLF, what the fck is going on?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 8446 viewspointofblue

I do feel it's getting to the point where it's save and sink or pay and swim though. If we have a competitive team this year considering our opponent's spending then Mick deserves the freedom of the town. We're an old fashioned Championship team in terms of spending - but we're one of the few left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 22:29 - Jul 26 with 8443 viewsFreddies_Ears

Based on our pre-season, there has to be a risk we will cash in on Garner, who must be worth £8m+!!!!!
Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:33 - Jul 26 with 8402 viewsAdmiralFunge

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 22:22 - Jul 26 by ElderGrizzly

At this rate, they'll have nothing left to sell either.

Fingers crossed his team is full of Bajners

Clearly it would be wonderful to see Norwich struggle - but, honestly, I would sooner see the Spammers, or some meaningless team like Stoke, out of business.

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 23:07 - Jul 26 with 8164 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 22:02 - Jul 26 by Jimmy86

Christ man, Town have held the moral high ground for long enough!!! We didn't get extra points for adhering to the farce that is FFP, when others blatantly flaunted it and didn't get punished. It is now par for the course. Strikers cost a large wedge of cash!! Even the better players in league 1 and 2 now cost fairly decent money. We have stood still for a long time. Just proves it, Evans has loosened the purse strings and 1 million is seen as a decent fee. Bristol paid 5 million and they finished lower than we did....

Exactly this one.

Ipswich Town - the ambassadors of morality my arse ! People used FFP as an excuse for Evans whereas he has been disinterested for a long while.

As you have said even lower league strikers cost money that Evans isn't going to spend because he has no interest.

The current policy is going to take us nowhere and we'll never reduce our debt.
Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 01:37 - Jul 27 with 7670 viewsMelford

Surely it's just unsustainable..... on 21:43 - Jul 26 by Mullet

When all cars are electric and nobody needs to buy petrol/oil anymore. When it goes the way of the music industry when nobody is buying your product because they're getting it for free off a moody website.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 01:42 - Jul 27 with 7666 viewsSarge

Take a zero off it then if you want. Everyone is spending crazy money, it doesn't affect us as fans as ticket prices have remained relatively stable so it's not 'real' money for us. Go down the old FIFA games route and call them credits if it helps.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024