Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... 08:31 - Jan 4 with 16366 viewswitchdoctor

with all the talk of another ....shudder... extention to his contract, who would be happy for M M to still be in charge at the start of next season?
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:39 - Jan 4 with 7588 viewsnoggin

I don't care anymore.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:43 - Jan 4 with 7571 viewsDarth_Koont

If we go on a hell of a run and McCarthy shows what he wanted from his first-choice and full-strength team, then yes.

As that's unlikely, then no. I think we need a change whether that comes from ME giving Mick more money or someone else trying to freshen things up under the current budget restrictions.

Pronouns: He/Him

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:45 - Jan 4 with 7555 viewswitchdoctor

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:39 - Jan 4 by noggin

I don't care anymore.

fair point...lot’s of apathy around at the mo.
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:50 - Jan 4 with 7526 viewsJimmyJazz

The situation you don't want is to get rid of a manager and then 2 weeks later still have no idea who to appoint next. Look at Sheff Wed now or earlier Everton.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:52 - Jan 4 with 7518 viewshype313

I don't trust Milne or Evans to make the right appointment, I'm no Mick fan, but who will come in and massively improve us given the financial restraints he will have to work with?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:52 - Jan 4 with 7517 viewsITFC_Forever

No I don't him to be here, but yes, I think he will be offered and will accept a new deal.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:56 - Jan 4 with 7503 viewsSteve_M

If last Summer would have been a good time for a change then I think this one certainly will be, both MM and the club would probably benefit from a change. That said, if MM is here next season then it should be judged on it's own merits not on the basis of 14-15 or last season.

For what it's worth, I expect us to be in a similarly jaded position with the next manager after 18 months to two years. Under the owner's current strategy (such as it is) I can't see how we'll ever manage to compete better and more consistently across a season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:01 - Jan 4 with 7481 viewsSomethingBlue

Where is all the talk about Mick's contract being extended? Clear enough that he's off and it is the right thing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:07 - Jan 4 with 7454 viewsWD19

I don't think he would accept if offered, which is a big problem for ME..... and by extension.....potentially all of us..
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:08 - Jan 4 with 7451 viewsITFC_Forever

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:01 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Where is all the talk about Mick's contract being extended? Clear enough that he's off and it is the right thing.

No talk as such.... more the knowledge that there's a two year option (but Mick and ME both have the power of veto, so both parties have to agreed to it).

And also the fact that ME isn't brave enough to take any risk, so he will take the easy option and stick with Mick.
In addition to that, ME has also taken the easy option by letting Mick run the footballing side of the club (certainly as far as first / U-23's are concerned).

And then there's the fear that ME will appoint another journeyman (Megson etc) instead of someone who might be decent - Warburton, Monk, Jones, Potter, Clarke etc.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:18 - Jan 4 with 7403 viewsJimmyJazz

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:01 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Someone's going to be disappointed this summer

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Can only really reiterate..... on 09:22 - Jan 4 with 7395 viewsBloots

....Steve's comment.

Under the current ownership there will be very little, if any change to our current (and now historical) situation, no matter who the manager is.

Most people in and around the game know that MM is doing a decent job with the tools he is being given, but of course they aren't fans and don't have the emotional (or financial) investment in the club that we have.

By definition fans cannot look at a football club objectively.

We are the dullest of dull clubs playing in dullsville.

I fully expect MM to be offered a new deal because he suits Evan's approach to the club. Whether he accepts it or not is another matter.

I expect he'll decide to move on personally. He's probably got another push for promotion in him with a club that will back him, and given the "stability" he's created here he won't need tens of millions to achieve it, just a realistic Championship budget.

From our perspective this could be the making or the breaking of the club.

A young progressive manager or a foreign coach with a different philosophy and some investment would bring some change. But a dull uninspiring "been round the block" Championship manager with the same level of investment will bring no positives, and (in my view) probably negatives.

So really it's down to the owner, but I'd rank our options in this order:

1. New style manager + investment
2. MM + Investment
Jt 3. New style manager/MM
5. Championship manager

#evansout

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Can only really reiterate..... on 09:24 - Jan 4 with 7386 viewsSteve_M

Can only really reiterate..... on 09:22 - Jan 4 by Bloots

....Steve's comment.

Under the current ownership there will be very little, if any change to our current (and now historical) situation, no matter who the manager is.

Most people in and around the game know that MM is doing a decent job with the tools he is being given, but of course they aren't fans and don't have the emotional (or financial) investment in the club that we have.

By definition fans cannot look at a football club objectively.

We are the dullest of dull clubs playing in dullsville.

I fully expect MM to be offered a new deal because he suits Evan's approach to the club. Whether he accepts it or not is another matter.

I expect he'll decide to move on personally. He's probably got another push for promotion in him with a club that will back him, and given the "stability" he's created here he won't need tens of millions to achieve it, just a realistic Championship budget.

From our perspective this could be the making or the breaking of the club.

A young progressive manager or a foreign coach with a different philosophy and some investment would bring some change. But a dull uninspiring "been round the block" Championship manager with the same level of investment will bring no positives, and (in my view) probably negatives.

So really it's down to the owner, but I'd rank our options in this order:

1. New style manager + investment
2. MM + Investment
Jt 3. New style manager/MM
5. Championship manager

#evansout

Can you edit your list to include Megson at about number 78 please.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:29 - Jan 4 with 7369 viewsPhilTWTD

I think there's little chance of MM being here next season, doesn't suit any party for him to stay really (other than if we're promoted).
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:30 - Jan 4 with 7346 viewshomer_123

At the end of last season when a lot on here wanted Mick to go .... by homer_123 3 Jan 2018 7:59
As I replied to Joe last night.

If I thought a change of manager would bring about a genuine change in our fortunes, then I'd be supporting said change with greater vigor.

The issue, as I see it, is that our owner seems disinclined to 'invest' in his managers - therefore, any manager coming in, is likely to have to work within the same financial constraints that Mick has been working under.

If that is the case - then, who is better than Mick (and available to us under our current financial situ) in working under those circumstances? It feels like 'better the devil you know', at the moment.

If the financial landscape does change or could change with a change in manager (and I'm not advocating spending tens of millions), then I agree, it's time for a change.

Otherwise, we might find ourselves out of the frying pan and into the fire.

All the above being said - I can completely see that a change may well be needed regardless. As Joe pointed out, season ticket sales are coming up, the relationship between Mick and the fans is deteriorating daily, among many other things.

The slightly ironic thing for me, is that I believe Mick has actually made some positive signings this season and also attempted to play with both a little more attacking flair and variety - it's not perfect but it's an improvement.

Finally, what I would say is that I'd like Mick to be remembered for the positives he brought to the Club - I do, believe he's done a very decent/ good job under the circumstances he has had to work under. He certainly has been a very significant improvement over Jewell and Keane.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why don't you think it..... on 09:32 - Jan 4 with 7332 viewsBloots

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:29 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

I think there's little chance of MM being here next season, doesn't suit any party for him to stay really (other than if we're promoted).

....would suit the owner?

Surely a manager that is prepared to work within the financial constraints and comfortably keep us in this league year after year is ideal for Evans at the moment.

He's hardly a risk taker is he?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:32 - Jan 4 with 7329 viewsBluefish

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:56 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

If last Summer would have been a good time for a change then I think this one certainly will be, both MM and the club would probably benefit from a change. That said, if MM is here next season then it should be judged on it's own merits not on the basis of 14-15 or last season.

For what it's worth, I expect us to be in a similarly jaded position with the next manager after 18 months to two years. Under the owner's current strategy (such as it is) I can't see how we'll ever manage to compete better and more consistently across a season.

That Is my point. I'm not actually fussed on whether Mick is here next season but I am worried on the precedent that we will be setting for expectations from the fans.

It is acceptable to want a change in the summer but it isn't acceptable for the constant hatred towards Mick because we lose some games and because we can't dominate this league. No one is going to come and in and match the expectation levels of some fans and we are left with a situation where the next chap will be booed within a year. This could get far more toxic because they demand the premier league and we are miles away from it in resources.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:34 - Jan 4 with 7315 viewsGlasgowBlue

Time to say thank you very much for saving the club, giving us a couple of seasons of hope and belief but we are now looking to take the club in a new direction.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 9:35]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:36 - Jan 4 with 7302 viewsBluefish

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:34 - Jan 4 by GlasgowBlue

Time to say thank you very much for saving the club, giving us a couple of seasons of hope and belief but we are now looking to take the club in a new direction.

A perfectly acceptable way to put it. Mick should leave with our thanks and be welcome back anytime. Madness for BFJ to be held in higher esteem
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 9:37]

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:37 - Jan 4 with 7284 viewsDanTheMan

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:34 - Jan 4 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think Evans is though, unfortunately.

I have very little hope that anyone we bring it will be able to perform miracles.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Can only really reiterate..... on 09:44 - Jan 4 with 7252 viewsBlueBadger

Can only really reiterate..... on 09:24 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Can you edit your list to include Megson at about number 78 please.

Down arrow for ranking Megson that highly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:44 - Jan 4 with 7251 viewsimsureazzure

If MM gets offered and accepts a new deal then that would prove he is no longer ambitious and certainly not the right man for the job, how any manager or player, let alone supporter is happy to just bob along hoping for 6th place but expecting 12th, not entering the cups with any ambition is bizarre.
Why don't you think it..... on 09:44 - Jan 4 with 7254 viewsPhilTWTD

Why don't you think it..... on 09:32 - Jan 4 by Bloots

....would suit the owner?

Surely a manager that is prepared to work within the financial constraints and comfortably keep us in this league year after year is ideal for Evans at the moment.

He's hardly a risk taker is he?

The enmity towards MM is clearly having an impact on attendances and therefore income and barring promotion that seems unlikely to change. I agree that we're unlikely to go down under MM but I'm sure ME realises a change is required to address that and just to freshen things up.

From MM's perspective, he'll walk into another job where he'll have more funds and a better chance of promotion I would have thought. He'll be 59 next month so probably his last chance of another job.
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:46 - Jan 4 with 7238 viewsBluefish

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:44 - Jan 4 by imsureazzure

If MM gets offered and accepts a new deal then that would prove he is no longer ambitious and certainly not the right man for the job, how any manager or player, let alone supporter is happy to just bob along hoping for 6th place but expecting 12th, not entering the cups with any ambition is bizarre.

Yep every manager at every club should expect to win trophies and titles

I think what you are saying is every club that isn't a top 4 side should just fold. Do you work for Sky?

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:47 - Jan 4 with 7228 viewsLesta_Tractor

I'm torn...

I like MM and think he's done a lot for the club, but my word the football is awful.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024