Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one to find... 22:32 - Jan 31 with 15985 viewsFixed_It

...the Knudsen-slagging a bit distasteful, not to mention unwarranted? He has been a good servant of the Club, has always given his all, and although he's no Mings or Cressie, has never really let us down.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Am I the only one to find... on 00:56 - Feb 1 with 2892 viewsSpruceMoose

Am I the only one to find... on 00:37 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Painful, painful banter from you. Wish you would reduce your posts.

If you don't like being told you're wrong so much, try to be wrong less.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Am I the only one to find... on 02:03 - Feb 1 with 2868 viewstcblue

It's appalling and happened from very early on when some felt he wasn't good enough and then built a biased ongoing case to 'prove' that narrative subjectively (confirmation bias). I get that he came here as an incomplete player (I would argue, as should anyone who saw Tyrone playing against Crawley in the pre-season when we bought him) that he wasn't anywhere like as rough as Mings when he signed. And he has ALWAYS given his all and done whatever was asked of him.

I will never get the mentality of barracking our own. If course I get frustrated with players, but the toxicity towards some gets just ridiculous.
Am I the only one to find... on 02:21 - Feb 1 with 2860 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Am I the only one to find... on 23:16 - Jan 31 by Dubtractor

Any slating of him up until recent times is 100% misplaced.

We obviously don't know the full story of what has happened in the last few weeks - but it would appear that he has decided he doesn't fancy playing for the club that pays his wages any more. On the surface of it, that doesn't reflect too well on him.

Not sure where this idea that Knudsen has refused to play for us has come from? Still sounds like Lambert has been the one choosing not to pick him after comments today?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Am I the only one to find... on 04:46 - Feb 1 with 2829 viewsIllinoisblue

Am I the only one to find... on 22:39 - Jan 31 by wkj

It really is, 20 odd year ago we had players like Thetis, who were probably a long way off of the quality of the bulk of the squad, but he didn't get anywhere near the anti-fandom as some show Knudsen on here - times have changed, people seem to need to have a player to boo to enjoy themselves now.

and what didn't we have 20 years ago? Social media. It fans the flames of discontent like nothing else.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Am I the only one to find... on 06:11 - Feb 1 with 2818 viewsSitfcB

It’s crazy.

It all stems back to when he said some nice words about Mick, and that’s not allowed is it!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Am I the only one to find... on 07:52 - Feb 1 with 2741 viewsjeera

Am I the only one to find... on 06:11 - Feb 1 by SitfcB

It’s crazy.

It all stems back to when he said some nice words about Mick, and that’s not allowed is it!!

it was certainly pounced on Sitters.

How people can build such hate for people they've never met is a strange one.

But that's folk for you. Strange.

Then they wonder why these same players play like their nerve are shot and can't wait to leave.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Am I the only one to find... on 07:57 - Feb 1 with 2730 viewsLord_Lucan

Am I the only one to find... on 23:54 - Jan 31 by SpruceMoose

It's sad that some people never develop a more sophisticated way of looking at the world and get stuck in that childlike world of black and white and no grey.

I refer you to Pinewood Blues post

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Am I the only one to find... on 08:02 - Feb 1 with 2723 viewsPositivelyPortman

Am I the only one to find... on 23:39 - Jan 31 by Illinoisblue

He seems to be paying the price for publicly backing Mick. If he ever gets back in the team it’s quite likely he’ll get booed. Which is quite shameful.

Write to the Daily Mail about it then.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

It's pathetic.... on 08:06 - Feb 1 with 2719 viewschicoazul

It's pathetic.... on 22:38 - Jan 31 by Bloots

...certain "fans" must be sitting there, staring at this forum, waiting for every mention of his name just to type, "He's crap".

Total fooking cretins.

We're mourning losing players at the level of Smith McG and Joe Garner at the moment. Imagine how much we will be mourning Jonas in 8 months or so.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Am I the only one to find... on 08:10 - Feb 1 with 2712 viewsSitfcB

Am I the only one to find... on 07:52 - Feb 1 by jeera

it was certainly pounced on Sitters.

How people can build such hate for people they've never met is a strange one.

But that's folk for you. Strange.

Then they wonder why these same players play like their nerve are shot and can't wait to leave.

He’s always given 100% for us and shown a lot of passion, which is rare these days.

It’s very harsh all the abuse he gets/has got.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Am I the only one to find... on 08:10 - Feb 1 with 2714 viewsSteve_M

No, it's bizarre and reflective of a) those who decided he was crap after two games and b) those who took umbrage at him publicly saying he liked McCarthy.

He's a good Championship player, decent defensively and overlaps well but poor when he has time on the ball. If our squad had been full of players with the same level of ability all season then we wouldn't be seven points adrift at the bottom of the table.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 9:01]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Am I the only one to find... on 08:24 - Feb 1 with 2691 viewsLord_Lucan

Am I the only one to find... on 08:10 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

No, it's bizarre and reflective of a) those who decided he was crap after two games and b) those who took umbrage at him publicly saying he liked McCarthy.

He's a good Championship player, decent defensively and overlaps well but poor when he has time on the ball. If our squad had been full of players with the same level of ability all season then we wouldn't be seven points adrift at the bottom of the table.

And whilst what you say is correct, it would still be shameful if he was a terrible player.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Am I the only one to find... on 08:24 - Feb 1 with 2690 viewsWestover

Am I the only one to find... on 08:10 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

Well said agree with you, because he got on with Mick and he's not another Cresswell or Ming's does not make him a bad player yet Spence who IMO is crap compared to Jonas nothing is said.
Am I the only one to find... on 08:25 - Feb 1 with 2686 viewsartsbossbeard

Am I the only one to find... on 23:10 - Jan 31 by MrTown

Hope he gets chucked with the u23’s for the season

You're embarrassing yourself more than usual presently.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Am I the only one to find... on 08:30 - Feb 1 with 2674 viewsEwan_Oozami

Am I the only one to find... on 04:46 - Feb 1 by Illinoisblue

and what didn't we have 20 years ago? Social media. It fans the flames of discontent like nothing else.

"Now is the winternet of our discontent" (apologies to Will S)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Am I the only one to find... on 08:38 - Feb 1 with 2660 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Am I the only one to find... on 08:24 - Feb 1 by Westover

Well said agree with you, because he got on with Mick and he's not another Cresswell or Ming's does not make him a bad player yet Spence who IMO is crap compared to Jonas nothing is said.

Not quite sure your claim that nothing is said about Spence is correct...!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Am I the only one to find... on 08:43 - Feb 1 with 2652 viewsLesta_Tractor

Two goals against Nodge, that's enough for me...

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Am I the only one to find... on 08:45 - Feb 1 with 2653 viewsGarv

Am I the only one to find... on 06:11 - Feb 1 by SitfcB

It’s crazy.

It wasn't just that though was it. It was the fact he came out a day or two after the manager left and said he was considering his future because of it. Quite rightly that irked a few. He was employed by ITFC not MM.

Of course some of it comes because some, including me, don't rate him. While that's the case generally you can't fault his effort.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

REALITY CHECK on 08:50 - Feb 1 with 2644 viewsunstableblue

No the reality is that Knudsen has been poor this season and just not good enough, a lot of mistakes, a lot of misplaced passes, a lot of aimless ball, and importantly not enough energy going forward. Last season he was relatively good, and made assists - I think 8. This season with a lot of game time he has no assists and one of our lowest passing accuracy stats.

That’s just the fact. Has he been a good servant of the club - yes, is he a good championship player I’m not so sure, I think he’s OK. The fact he didn’t get a move to another club says a lot.

He’s had a Bart like season. In that he’s really not playing to his potential. But doesn’t have the stored up respect that Bart has, having not been a player of the year... or as you say not being a Mings or Cresswell.

He shouldn’t be slated, that’s silly, but I’m not sure he should be lauded either.

The problem is that we have not replaced him with someone of significantly better quality, or have a youth who is stronger. I quite like Kenlock but I would agree he is flawed.

Is bringing Knudsen back a good idea if he’s up for it - I’m just not sure, he really has been bad this season - and that I am afraid is the reality.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Am I the only one to find... on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 2640 viewsartsbossbeard

Am I the only one to find... on 08:45 - Feb 1 by Garv

It wasn't just that though was it. It was the fact he came out a day or two after the manager left and said he was considering his future because of it. Quite rightly that irked a few. He was employed by ITFC not MM.

Of course some of it comes because some, including me, don't rate him. While that's the case generally you can't fault his effort.

I don't recall him saying this - is there a link you could post?

Ta.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

REALITY CHECK on 08:56 - Feb 1 with 2624 viewswkj

REALITY CHECK on 08:50 - Feb 1 by unstableblue

No the reality is that Knudsen has been poor this season and just not good enough, a lot of mistakes, a lot of misplaced passes, a lot of aimless ball, and importantly not enough energy going forward. Last season he was relatively good, and made assists - I think 8. This season with a lot of game time he has no assists and one of our lowest passing accuracy stats.

That’s just the fact. Has he been a good servant of the club - yes, is he a good championship player I’m not so sure, I think he’s OK. The fact he didn’t get a move to another club says a lot.

He’s had a Bart like season. In that he’s really not playing to his potential. But doesn’t have the stored up respect that Bart has, having not been a player of the year... or as you say not being a Mings or Cresswell.

He shouldn’t be slated, that’s silly, but I’m not sure he should be lauded either.

The problem is that we have not replaced him with someone of significantly better quality, or have a youth who is stronger. I quite like Kenlock but I would agree he is flawed.

Is bringing Knudsen back a good idea if he’s up for it - I’m just not sure, he really has been bad this season - and that I am afraid is the reality.

It could also be a motivation issue caused by the disdain from the stands at the end of last season to be honest, he certainly seemed cut up by the manner in which McCarthy had to leave. Not excusing this if it is the case, but you can appreciate how that could have been demoralising for a player. I have a feeling he can hold his own in this division so long as he feels valued.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Am I the only one to find... on 09:01 - Feb 1 with 2612 viewsbraveblue

Am I the only one to find... on 22:37 - Jan 31 by Darth_Koont

Numbskulls gonna numbskull.

In an otherwise well-functioning side, Knudsen would be perfect for a Championship team looking to challenge.

Thus all the offers?
REALITY CHECK on 09:01 - Feb 1 with 2612 viewsunstableblue

REALITY CHECK on 08:56 - Feb 1 by wkj

It could also be a motivation issue caused by the disdain from the stands at the end of last season to be honest, he certainly seemed cut up by the manner in which McCarthy had to leave. Not excusing this if it is the case, but you can appreciate how that could have been demoralising for a player. I have a feeling he can hold his own in this division so long as he feels valued.

Absolutely.

There should be a balance on the terraces - moan at mistakes perhaps, but back the team and players for the 90mins.

I hated the end of the Mick era where frustration with the manager where transferred to players - often undeservedly so.

I should add to my earlier post - that MANY Town players have been poor this season, including other senior players like Knudsen. But I guess chambo turned it around, as has sears, and actually Skuse has had one of his better seasons.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

REALITY CHECK on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 2599 viewswkj

REALITY CHECK on 09:01 - Feb 1 by unstableblue

Absolutely.

There should be a balance on the terraces - moan at mistakes perhaps, but back the team and players for the 90mins.

I hated the end of the Mick era where frustration with the manager where transferred to players - often undeservedly so.

I should add to my earlier post - that MANY Town players have been poor this season, including other senior players like Knudsen. But I guess chambo turned it around, as has sears, and actually Skuse has had one of his better seasons.

Agreed, although I do feel he could have done with a couple more games of recovery time following his injury, his first game back was the worst i've seen him play for us. We have certainly had a lack of standout players, the type of player who could suddenly inject life into and otherwise dead game, such as Waghorn, Rueser, Didzy etc

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Am I the only one to find... on 09:10 - Feb 1 with 2587 viewsagentp

It's a recognised personality disorder actually.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024