Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could turn back the clock.... 12:11 - Apr 2 with 12024 viewsitfcjoe

.....knowing everything you do now.

Who would you appoint as ITFC manager in summer 2018 following Mick leaving?

Realistic candidates only......

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I had Hurst as my first choice back then..... on 14:50 - Apr 2 with 3071 viewsBloots

If you could turn back the clock.... on 14:37 - Apr 2 by monty_radio

I too had Ross out in front with Hurst and Warburton strong second choices.

Given how many on here have been brave enough to admit that PH was in there on their lists, yet still so many castigate Evans for lack of nous in his general management picks - if it says nothing else, it shows that hindsight is a perfectionist's craft.

.....I'm not afraid to admit it.

The difference is that I don't own Ipswich Town Football Club. It's not the fans responsibility to pick the manager, they can only give a view.

It's perfectly acceptable to "castigate" Evans for many things, particularly his management picks.

Did he do "due diligence" in respect of Hurst's management style?

Did he have to give him total control of transfers?

Did he sanction all the "ins and outs" of last summer?

He's the owner of our club, it's his responsibility. Hindsight has nothing to do with it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:03 - Apr 2 with 3042 viewsPositivelyPortman

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:12 - Apr 2 by Kieran_Knows

Nathan Jones.

Eh?
Stoke fans are not at all impressed
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 15:11]

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:11 - Apr 2 with 3023 viewsBuyoutclause

Graham Potter would have been the pick for me
If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:46 - Apr 2 with 2990 viewsBryanPlug

If you could turn back the clock.... on 13:11 - Apr 2 by TractorCam

Seemed like a perfect fit for us, wasn't my first choice but feel he was the pick of the bunch from the lower league crowd.

Wonder if we'll manage to beat them next season?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

on 15:47 - Apr 2 with 2987 views_

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:49 - Apr 2 with 2977 viewsKieran_Knows

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:46 - Apr 2 by BryanPlug

They may have got 'results' which is of course the aim of the game, but people were bored of Mick for doing that with route one football, something which the Cowley's also play.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:50 - Apr 2 with 2971 viewsitfcjoe

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:11 - Apr 2 by Buyoutclause

I think so for me too, had we been able to get him above Swansea.

Then Jack Ross.

Whoever it was I'd have made sure that Dave Bowman's voice was contuined to be heard, and to act as more of a DoF/head of Recruitment rather than needlessly sidelined.

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:51 - Apr 2 with 2964 viewsKieran_Knows

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:50 - Apr 2 by itfcjoe

I think so for me too, had we been able to get him above Swansea.

Then Jack Ross.

Whoever it was I'd have made sure that Dave Bowman's voice was contuined to be heard, and to act as more of a DoF/head of Recruitment rather than needlessly sidelined.

Suspect DB will be off this summer with his contract up and seemingly involved with Ireland now?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:51 - Apr 2 with 2963 viewsitfcjoe

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:49 - Apr 2 by Kieran_Knows

They may have got 'results' which is of course the aim of the game, but people were bored of Mick for doing that with route one football, something which the Cowley's also play.

They score goals though and bombard teams.

I wouldn't have wanted them due to style, but think they'd have done a good job here

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:51 - Apr 2 with 2961 viewsSouperJim

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:46 - Apr 2 by BryanPlug

I think people feared a player management approach which would have been akin to what we, reportedly, ended up with from Hurst. I.e. the management team having played at a much lower level than the players and a resulting disconnect.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:14 - Apr 2 with 2931 viewspowinswitch

Same as I said at the time. Michael Appleton.
If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:18 - Apr 2 with 2925 viewsjasondozzell

Paul Lambert
If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:40 - Apr 2 with 2899 viewsMullet

I'd have just extended his contract at Christmas.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:41 - Apr 2 with 2894 viewsReuser_is_God

If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:40 - Apr 2 by Mullet

I'd have just extended his contract at Christmas.

Last season was good up until Christmas.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:43 - Apr 2 with 2887 viewsBluefish

Mick McCarthy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:45 - Apr 2 with 2888 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:11 - Apr 2 by Buyoutclause

He may be available this summer. Things are starting to bubble away under the surface down here in what's best described as austerity+++. They seem intent on aggressive cost cutting, selling any assets and basically doing what we've done over 10 years within less than 12 months. It could easily go tits up for them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:45 - Apr 2 with 2886 viewsleitrimblue

Sligo Rovers legend Paul Cook
If you could turn back the clock.... on 16:58 - Apr 2 with 2870 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jack Ross.

More than happy with Lambert but as others have said, we needed to hit rock bottom to appreciate him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you could turn back the clock.... on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 2848 viewsmonty_radio

If you could turn back the clock.... on 14:45 - Apr 2 by GeoffSentence

that chap who has had remarkable success in weird and wonderful places like Taiwan and whom the FA think highly of.

I can't remember his name but his success was built in promoting and improving reserves and young players.

Of course, he really was a complete unknown quantity and could have gone eiter way, but at least we know now which way it did go and no gamble could have gone worse than the one we took.

I'll never forget Whatsisname; perhaps he might reappear from whence he came should Lambert not continue.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If you could turn back the clock.... on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 2847 viewsEwan_Oozami

You'll have to wait till October I'm afraid..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 17:23 - Apr 2 with 2834 viewsKropotkin123

Kieron Dyer.

I said it back before the Hurst appointment. Without a doubt would have done better than Hurst. He would have been humble, built on what we had, not ripped the club up. He continues to do a great job at youth level.

Learnt from the two best managers we've had over the last 50 years. Played at the highest level.

If Lampard can take over a Championship club and get them in the top 6, no reason why Kieron couldn't get us mid-table, playing good football.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If you could turn back the clock.... on 17:52 - Apr 2 with 2807 viewsbraveblue

Paul Hurst. But not sell all the talent. Probably Ross.
If you could turn back the clock.... on 19:48 - Apr 2 with 2768 viewsBryanPlug

If you could turn back the clock.... on 15:49 - Apr 2 by Kieran_Knows

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 20:51 - Apr 2 with 2728 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:12 - Apr 2 by bluesym

Mowbray

ME would not have appointed Mowbray (he said he couldn't work with ME or something along those lines didn't he?) nor Burley (he criticised ME too much didn't he?) but I would like to have seen either of them. Aside from them, Jones, Kuqi or Steijn would all have been interesting to know how they would have worked out. Maybe even Hogg could have been given the chance with someone alongside him (like Burley)?

At the end of the day every new manager is a gamble. We need to reduce the effect of that by having a joined up strategy that each new manager (as and when they come for whatever reason) fits in with. Bringing on youth players and playing possession football should be cornerstones of that. Hopefully they now will be.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you could turn back the clock.... on 01:51 - Apr 3 with 2664 viewstextbackup

i wanted warburton from the off. seemed such a perfect fit.

had never heard of hurst if i'm honest, but I was encouraged because footballing experts, such as herbivore, were so excited to get him in and had him as the front runner....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024