Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? 07:03 - Aug 1 with 11578 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:25 - Aug 1 with 700 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:17 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

You think it'll be bigger than last year?

I've no idea what Ed Sheeran will throw at it

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:48 - Aug 1 with 678 viewsBlueByYou

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:25 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

I've no idea what Ed Sheeran will throw at it

I don't think the budget has to define our season. Ultimately, we have a big budget by league 1 standards, and so this shouldn't be a concern right now. Hopefully we will be able to gain promotion with a squad which looks good by league 1 squad standards.

We would all be guessing what the budget would be if we gained promotion, but, like this season, we shouldn't let that define us. Even over the past few years, good transfer business has been done cheaply (bringing in Webster, Waghorn, Garner, etc) without spending millions in the process. The bigger issue is surely that we let good players go cheaply, rather than retaining them to push on. I understand we want players to want to wear the shirt, but letting good players leave softly like we have has led to the continual decline in the squad. We can have a small budget, find good players cheaply like we have in the past, but, we have to either sell for more, or retain them, if our club is going to truly build season on season like we all want.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 19:14 - Aug 1 with 656 viewsPJH

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:36 - Aug 1 by judespiveyg

Yes, because relegation to League One really stopped Southampton, Sheffield United, Wolves and, er, Norwich from ever being able to return to the Premiership, it does indeed work like how you've described.

Good point, Derby should aim to get relegated this season because their other efforts to get to the Prem end in failure so they should try this fool proof method.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 19:42 - Aug 1 with 629 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He’s absolutely categorically spot on with 99% what he says.

As long as he knows that we still need to be challenging this season, I like what he was saying.

Texters once said on here.. Lambert just gets it. And he really does.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 19:45 - Aug 1 with 622 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:28 - Aug 1 by chicoazul

It's so weird how even the Manager, an experienced man who has worked at the highest levels, says things like this and other stuff about the Trust etc, and yet people on here are still prepared to make excuses for Evans' ongoing lack of investment & care and in fact his uncanny ability to make everything worse & more difficult for his customers, for e.g. the thing about the turnstiles yesterday.

Well said

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:09 - Aug 1 with 592 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 10:53 - Aug 1 by PJH

So you think that Lambert came in thinking that he had no chance of keeping us up?

If that was the case he should not have taken the job and left it for someone that believed that they could save us.

Plenty would have thought that they could accumulate about 45 points from 31 games and several would probably have done it.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:10 - Aug 1 with 585 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:09 - Aug 1 by The_Romford_Blue

With what part?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:16 - Aug 1 with 576 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:31 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

Not well said at all. Anyone thinking this is a fantasist:

"it's given us hope for the first time in years, hope that we might have a good season and hope that next season we might be even better placed than we were last year.

Thanks to this relegation we are now further away from being competitive in the Championship than ever before. Even if we get back up to the Championship we will be even further behind the competition. This relegation has royally fücked us, and with their promotion Norwich are out of sight. East Anglia is well on the way to being a one club region.

Being relegated has as good as killed any hope we ever had of being a Premier League team again. So no. Not well said IMO.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 17:32]

Oh do shut up.

Who cares whether we are in the championship if we have no chance of being competitive.

I’d rather be winning league one that hoping to stay up in the championship.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:18 - Aug 1 with 572 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:16 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Oh do shut up.

Who cares whether we are in the championship if we have no chance of being competitive.

You're probably going to love half of our future seasons and hate the other half.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:20 - Aug 1 with 568 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:16 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Oh do shut up.

Shut up? Really? You melt. Why the fook are you on here if you cant face other thoughts and opinions.

Won't bother engaging with a wet noodle like you again.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:22 - Aug 1 with 568 viewsfooters

Oh do shut up.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:22 - Aug 1 with 568 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:09 - Aug 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Pretty much all of what he said there tbh.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:24 - Aug 1 with 559 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:22 - Aug 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Fair enough, the part I do agree with is if he didn't think he could keep us up with a large chunk of the season ahead, he shouldn't have taken the job. If that is actually true.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:27 - Aug 1 with 556 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:24 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

Fair enough, the part I do agree with is if he didn't think he could keep us up with a large chunk of the season ahead, he shouldn't have taken the job. If that is actually true.

I don’t think we’ll ever know really but I think he probably knew it was more likely he wouldn’t be able to than would.

It was always likely that we’d be down in league 1 and he probably knows this year is absolutely vital.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:32 - Aug 1 with 539 viewsMullet

Oh do shut up.

That's exactly where we aspire to be though apparently.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 21:24 - Aug 1 with 498 viewsKeaneish

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:06 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The absolute heart of the club was being stripped away. People who haven't missed a game for 50 years weren't turning up. People were bored out of their brains.

I don't give a f*** that we went down because perversely it's given us hope for the first time in years, hope that we might have a good season and hope that next season we might be even better placed than we were last year.

ITFC under Mick ended up like someone in a relationship with someone who had plenty of money but literally destroyed your very soul and made you regret waking up.

ITFC now is someone without a pot to p*** in but who is free of that old life and able to shape their own destiny.

Mick was killing this football club. What Evans gave him to progress it with may have meant that anyone would, but all the things about Mick that made him perfect for us originally were what ultimately made him very bad for us as time progressed.

Next Saturday we could have over 20,000 people rocking Portman Road, genuinely hopeful about a season. Two years ago we were a division higher with 8,000 people turning up (out of 12,000 people who had paid!) to sit there utterly bored.

Couldn’t agree more. The sad thing is, some on here would still rather that than what we have now which epitomises what was at the very heart of the massive divide in the fan base. I’ve put most of those protagonists on block and it’s much more peaceful without them harping on about MM or creating a general malaise. Their finger is so far off the pulse of what’s happening at the club at the moment it’s easy to see why the old regime had so many stalwarts.

I think the Chambers interview posted today sums it all up for me. There’s our club captain, a natural leader pretty much saying “get f**ked” to the ‘not getting beat’ approach to games.

New season. New dawn. Can’t wait.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 21:25 - Aug 1 with 498 viewsPJH

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:22 - Aug 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Right so if last October nobody could have kept us up then no doubt you put a hell of a lot of money on us being relegated.
I don't imagine that the odds were all that appealing but on such a sure fire thing as that you could not go wrong.

I didn't think that PL took the job believing that he could not save us but now you have got me thinking that just maybe he did, but if he did then he has gone down a little bit in my estimation.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 21:27]
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 21:30 - Aug 1 with 489 viewsPJH

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 20:20 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

Shut up? Really? You melt. Why the fook are you on here if you cant face other thoughts and opinions.

Won't bother engaging with a wet noodle like you again.

That is no way to talk to the person that runs this board.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 473 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 21:24 - Aug 1 by Keaneish

Couldn’t agree more. The sad thing is, some on here would still rather that than what we have now which epitomises what was at the very heart of the massive divide in the fan base. I’ve put most of those protagonists on block and it’s much more peaceful without them harping on about MM or creating a general malaise. Their finger is so far off the pulse of what’s happening at the club at the moment it’s easy to see why the old regime had so many stalwarts.

I think the Chambers interview posted today sums it all up for me. There’s our club captain, a natural leader pretty much saying “get f**ked” to the ‘not getting beat’ approach to games.

New season. New dawn. Can’t wait.

How dat Kool Aid taste mang?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 22:30 - Aug 1 with 449 viewsBarneycurley

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 21:36 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

How dat Kool Aid taste mang?

You are so yawnsome

Tragic really what you've become

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 22:41 - Aug 1 with 429 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 22:30 - Aug 1 by Barneycurley

You are so yawnsome

Rich, successful and loathed by a group of posters without a GCSE between them? Yeah, pure Shakespearian tragedy right there!

#Dat$15.99Plan
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 22:46]

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 22:55 - Aug 1 with 415 viewsBarneycurley

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 22:41 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

Rich, successful and loathed by a group of posters without a GCSE between them? Yeah, pure Shakespearian tragedy right there!

#Dat$15.99Plan
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 22:46]

Rich and lives on here and takes time to go on a fb page to mock others. Doesn't really inspire others does it

Oscar Wilde really had people like you nailed

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 23:01 - Aug 1 with 404 viewsjeera

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 22:30 - Aug 1 by Barneycurley

You are so yawnsome

First post in a year and that's your entrance?

Or alt log-in?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 23:49 - Aug 1 with 392 viewsBarneycurley

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 23:01 - Aug 1 by jeera

First post in a year and that's your entrance?

Or alt log-in?

I left the board due to the loathsome bitching between the so called IQ have and have nots (As I am sure many others did)

I come back to see trash responses by certain posters again. It's like these people are so insecure that they think that flexing their amazing intellects is like some chest beating exercise - this place is filled with narcissist's like it and yes the are only too aware who they are
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 23:50]

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 03:05 - Aug 2 with 362 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 23:49 - Aug 1 by Barneycurley

I left the board due to the loathsome bitching between the so called IQ have and have nots (As I am sure many others did)

I come back to see trash responses by certain posters again. It's like these people are so insecure that they think that flexing their amazing intellects is like some chest beating exercise - this place is filled with narcissist's like it and yes the are only too aware who they are
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 23:50]

Well, well done returning just to post something bitchy and completely unprovoked. Way to take that moral high ground babe x
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 5:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024