Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People 11:32 - Sep 13 with 9290 viewsBrixtonBlue

1. Able-bodied people who get a lift to the first floor. Lazy barstewards. Very often fat, and this is one of the reasons why. You've also slowed down my journey to the 4th floor with your laziness.

2. Slow walkers - particularly those who are slow because they're looking down, tapping away at their phone. Can you not leave that thing alone for 5 minutes while you walk along the street? Sometimes I feel like grabbing it and throwing it on the floor.

3. Cars that are waiting to join a main road... but stick out into it a bit, forcing me to cycle round them (and potentially into traffic). Fookers. Wait until there's a gap.

4. People who send me emails saying they want to "reach out" to me. Are you drowning? If not, fook off.

5. Pedestrians. Especially the ones who can't grasp the concept of a red man. It means don't walk in the road, fookwit.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

People on 13:31 - Sep 13 with 683 viewsGeoffSentence

People on 12:31 - Sep 13 by Kropotkin123

5. I'm not American, I can work out when to cross the road without the aid of a green or red man.

There are a lot of plonkers who can't.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

People on 13:31 - Sep 13 with 683 viewsgiant_stow

People on 13:22 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

You can have an up arrow for the first bit.

But why should I stop and wait if I'm on the main road and therefore have right of way? Sorry, but that's selfish driving. And potentially dangerous. You wait until it's safe to pull out.

Nope, its a well-established unofficial law of the road. Cyclists have to obey the law too you know? Those cycle super-highways have made this manoeuvre quite tricky on some roads, so do keep your eyes peeled mr.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People on 13:32 - Sep 13 with 680 viewsStokieBlue

People on 13:17 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

Again, you're taking things way too personal. I obviously don't mean people with genuine health problems. I changed my OP before I posted to add able-bodied because I knew someone would jump on it. I clearly mean people who are seen to be walking absolutely fine... but I do appreciate that not in 100% of cases will this mean they are fine to take a few stairs.

You have to admit, surely, that in MOST cases it is just laziness?

Can you really not take the OP in the spirit it was intended, whilst knowing by now (I'd hope) that I'm not a vindictive sort who would look to attack people with problems?

I was trying to have a bit of fun (and no, not at yours or anyone else's expense) and you've basically ruined that vibe.

You guys should work it out over a hug and a nice glass of homeopathic remedy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People on 13:32 - Sep 13 with 675 viewsDubtractor

People on 13:31 - Sep 13 by giant_stow

Nope, its a well-established unofficial law of the road. Cyclists have to obey the law too you know? Those cycle super-highways have made this manoeuvre quite tricky on some roads, so do keep your eyes peeled mr.

I think you're misunderstanding the scenario he is explaining.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

People on 13:33 - Sep 13 with 670 viewsRyorry

People on 13:17 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

Again, you're taking things way too personal. I obviously don't mean people with genuine health problems. I changed my OP before I posted to add able-bodied because I knew someone would jump on it. I clearly mean people who are seen to be walking absolutely fine... but I do appreciate that not in 100% of cases will this mean they are fine to take a few stairs.

You have to admit, surely, that in MOST cases it is just laziness?

Can you really not take the OP in the spirit it was intended, whilst knowing by now (I'd hope) that I'm not a vindictive sort who would look to attack people with problems?

I was trying to have a bit of fun (and no, not at yours or anyone else's expense) and you've basically ruined that vibe.

a) "I obviously don't mean people with genuine health problems"

Clearly it wasn't obvious to several people

b) "but I do appreciate that not in 100% of cases will this mean they are fine to take a few stairs."

It would have saved a heap of trouble & time if you'd said that in your OP

c) "You have to admit, surely, that in MOST cases it is just laziness?"

No I don't, because I don't know those people, let alone how their health is.

d) "Can you really not take the OP in the spirit it was intended"

I'll make an assumption of my own here and say as I did earlier that if you had a hidden disability yourself, you really wouldn't make generalising jokes about it which might help normalise & therefore contribute to the problems people with such disabilities experience in real life.

Sorry for "ruining your vibe"

Edit: And J2 was absolutely correct in asking me "I think this what you meant?" in his 13.00hrs post on p3 (which he showed a sticker on a disabled toilet door saying "don't judge peoples disabilities by their appearance") - so why did you downvote his post there?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 13:44]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People on 13:35 - Sep 13 with 665 viewsgiant_stow

People on 13:32 - Sep 13 by Dubtractor

I think you're misunderstanding the scenario he is explaining.

I am?! the little nudge out of a side road to stop traffic when you're looking to pull into a main road right?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People on 13:35 - Sep 13 with 661 viewsGeoffSentence

People on 13:00 - Sep 13 by Kievthegreat

If you sweat profusely after walking up 4 flights if stairs I think you need to get on your bike more. I'm horrendously unfit but I'd never break a sweat walking upstairs.

Also just so we're clear, you hate people that use stairs when there is a lift, but also people who get a lift when there are stairs they could use instead?

People who assume that people who are sweating are unfit.

I am pretty fit, my fitbit tells me that I am one of the fitter people in my age bracket, though I suppose it could just be flattering me, but by crikey do I work up a sweat quickly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

People on 13:39 - Sep 13 with 642 viewsAtractorive

People on 13:29 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

Here's another one. Those wishing to have a pop at ol' Dollers, please form an orderly queue.

Cheer up, it's banter man. Have a beer.
Login to get fewer ads

People on 13:42 - Sep 13 with 633 viewsfooters

People who bang on about exercising, dieting and fasting. No one gives a hoot. Take it to Mumsnet.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People on 13:45 - Sep 13 with 621 viewsHeathlander

I was with you until I read that you were a cyclist.
People on 13:49 - Sep 13 with 609 viewsBrixtonBlue

People on 13:31 - Sep 13 by giant_stow

I do obey the ACTUAL laws of the road. I don't obey the one you just made up! There's absolutely NO "well-established unofficial law" that you just pull out when you feel like it and sod everyone else!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

People on 13:50 - Sep 13 with 602 viewsSpruceMoose

People on 12:51 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

You're being argumentative for the sake of it, and taking things personally (as usual). I thought you had me on ignore anyway?

You KNOW, in MOST cases, if someone walks out of a lift and across the corridor and into the office walking absolutely fine, without so much as a limp, they are almost certainly fine to walk up 5 stairs.

Actually Dolly, you have no idea.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People on 13:50 - Sep 13 with 598 viewsBrixtonBlue

People on 13:32 - Sep 13 by StokieBlue

You guys should work it out over a hug and a nice glass of homeopathic remedy.

SB

Hugging's probably offensive to some people. You ought to be ashamed.

People on 13:52 - Sep 13 with 588 viewsgiant_stow

People on 13:49 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

I do obey the ACTUAL laws of the road. I don't obey the one you just made up! There's absolutely NO "well-established unofficial law" that you just pull out when you feel like it and sod everyone else!

'sod everyone else' - you've got it!!

It actually works very well as an established law of the road, *as long as cyclists obey too*. [taps nose]

People on 13:53 - Sep 13 with 578 viewsSpruceMoose

People on 13:50 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

Hugging you might be!

I'd love a snuggle with Stokie. I bet he smells great.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

People on 13:54 - Sep 13 with 563 viewswkj

People on 13:53 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Hugging you might be!

I'd love a snuggle with Stokie. I bet he smells great.

You only passed with a 2-1, Stokie is a 1st kinda guy

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

People on 13:54 - Sep 13 with 561 viewsRyorry

People on 13:50 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

Do you have a moustache or beard?

Men who are too lazy to shave (except in Mo-vember, obvs) and expect people to hug their bristly stale soup ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People on 13:55 - Sep 13 with 552 viewsBrixtonBlue

People on 13:33 - Sep 13 by Ryorry

a) "I obviously don't mean people with genuine health problems"

Clearly it wasn't obvious to several people

b) "but I do appreciate that not in 100% of cases will this mean they are fine to take a few stairs."

It would have saved a heap of trouble & time if you'd said that in your OP

c) "You have to admit, surely, that in MOST cases it is just laziness?"

No I don't, because I don't know those people, let alone how their health is.

d) "Can you really not take the OP in the spirit it was intended"

I'll make an assumption of my own here and say as I did earlier that if you had a hidden disability yourself, you really wouldn't make generalising jokes about it which might help normalise & therefore contribute to the problems people with such disabilities experience in real life.

Sorry for "ruining your vibe"

Edit: And J2 was absolutely correct in asking me "I think this what you meant?" in his 13.00hrs post on p3 (which he showed a sticker on a disabled toilet door saying "don't judge peoples disabilities by their appearance") - so why did you downvote his post there?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 13:44]

I thought a) and b) would be obvious - and they should be to anyone with half a brain. Must we really put a disclaimer on everything we post? I credit people with a little more intelligence than that.

On c) you're missing the word MOST (even though it's in capitals letters). It's just a fact that most people who seem to be walking normally are, in actual fact, fine, and don't have hidden illnesses.

I downvoted J2 not for the sticker but for the implication that my good-natured (intended) OP was attacking any of these people.

People on 13:56 - Sep 13 with 549 viewsSpruceMoose

People on 13:54 - Sep 13 by wkj

You only passed with a 2-1, Stokie is a 1st kinda guy

He would love my practical work though. Much better than my theoretical.

People on 13:57 - Sep 13 with 542 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, this thread has gone exactly how I expected!

People on 13:57 - Sep 13 with 541 viewsBrixtonBlue

People on 13:50 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Actually Dolly, you have no idea.

You think in most cases people do have a hidden illness?

People on 13:59 - Sep 13 with 534 viewsSwansea_Blue

1. People

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People on 13:59 - Sep 13 with 528 viewsBrixtonBlue

People on 13:52 - Sep 13 by giant_stow

'sod everyone else' - you've got it!!

It actually works very well as an established law of the road, *as long as cyclists obey too*. [taps nose]

Wow, an up-arrow from Ryorry. So R, my post that wasn't intending to attack people you've taken great offence to, but this one suggesting "sod everyone else" as a legitimate way to drive, you approve of?

Right.

People on 14:01 - Sep 13 with 511 viewsSpruceMoose

People on 13:57 - Sep 13 by BrixtonBlue

You think in most cases people do have a hidden illness?

I think 100% of the time you wouldn't know so better to hold off on judging folk.

People on 14:01 - Sep 13 with 509 viewsBrixtonBlue

People on 13:54 - Sep 13 by Ryorry

Do you have a moustache or beard?

Men who are too lazy to shave (except in Mo-vember, obvs) and expect people to hug their bristly stale soup ...

Stubble is laziness, a beard is a choice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024