Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's just utterly depressing watching us 10:05 - Feb 2 with 34853 viewsitfcjoe

I sat until the bitter end to see the players and management team leave the pitch, and PR is becoming a depressing place again - like it has been for a while.

I just can't workout how we can't get a team of talented footballers at this level playing above themselves and the sum of their parts.

It goes back to the rotation for me, of styles, shapes and personnel - we just don't look anything close to where we should be and it is no surprise the well organised teams at the top of this league make us look distinctly second best.

I was fairly positive and a bit bullish after we'd finally settled on something and seemed to be clicking, but it has come unstuck and hard to see it turning back round. We'll do enough to stay in the top 6, but no one will fear us in the play offs.

The club is in my blood, and is my life - I can't give up on it even if I wanted to, but it is so frustrating, seeing the mistakes being made and us continuously go down the wrong path.

Why can't Evans see this? What is he waiting for or doing here?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:37 - Feb 2 with 3429 viewsHerbivore

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:36 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

And there we have it. The manager that was top last weekend is utterly clueless. I'll leave it there. It's your logic that's flawed not mine.

No, your logic is definitely flawed. A number of posters have pointed this out to you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:37 - Feb 2 with 3432 viewsFtnfwest

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:29 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

I wish he was more like Mick, we'd be pissing this league.

He’s the total opposite. One knew how to get the best out of what he had at the expense of any style whatsoever and any relationship with the fans or real connection to the club itself. The others a PR man with no idea how to coach the team itself (actually the one thing in common is that he’s brought no style to the play either).
It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:40 - Feb 2 with 3422 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:33 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

We signed Earl on loan this transfer window.

Wow, forgot about him. Yeah you're right, we are just like Man City then!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:41 - Feb 2 with 3416 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:35 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

How does it suit my argument? It was absolutely a stonewall pen. He went through the back of him. The ref was fairly useless so him not giving it initially isn't much of an indicator that it was a contentious decision. It wasn't remotely a dodgy pen, I think you need to watch it again.

Were you at the game? I was right in front of it.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:42 - Feb 2 with 3417 viewsPinewoodblue

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:40 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Has anyone, apart from you, brought Man City into this thread?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:43 - Feb 2 with 3410 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:42 - Feb 2 by Pinewoodblue

Has anyone, apart from you, brought Man City into this thread?

Erm, yes, because I didn't bring Man City into this thread! You need to read a bit more carefully!

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:45 - Feb 2 with 3404 viewsHerbivore

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:41 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Were you at the game? I was right in front of it.

Yes, I was at the game. At the time I thought it was a pen and was amazed when it initially looked like we'd got away with it. Having watched it again it is an absolute stonewall penalty. Have another look and come back to me with why you think it was dodgy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:47 - Feb 2 with 3394 viewsSwailsey

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:29 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

I think you want it to be stonewall because it adds to your argument. It clearly wasn't stonewall, otherwise the ref would've given it and the players wouldn't have gone quite so mental at the decision. Even the linesman dithered initially.

It was 100% a penalty, clear as day. I was in front of it - his leg was kicked away.

Everyone around me thought it was. Even PL said it was.

People were unhappy that it took the ref. so long to make up his mind.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:48 - Feb 2 with 3395 viewstextbackup

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:22 - Feb 2 by Clapham_Junction

The major thing we seem to lack (and have done for a long time) is strength. In particular, a brick sh1thouse of a centre back who will dominate opposition centre forwards and can cause problems at the other end during corners/free kicks.

How many years have we been playing long balls which are almost all headed away by the opposition's own sh1thouse? I remember a game at Millwall when Danny Shittu probably headed away 50 balls aimed at McGoldrick. He even made it into the Championship team of the week. Even at Tranmere their number 6 was able to win most aerial battles and headed in their goal from that free kick.

don't mate, this has been a big thing for me for years!

I saw Murphy out in Pals, or Revs, whatever its called, after this game. said to him, must have a bit of a back ache after shittu jumped into it all game, his reply "what i'm suppose to do with him having a run on me on those high balls all game I don't know"

but it even goes back as far as david Johnson challenging for 500 headers in a game Vs Darren Moore when at WBA, not a single ounce of joy

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:52 - Feb 2 with 3380 viewsPinewoodblue

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:43 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Erm, yes, because I didn't bring Man City into this thread! You need to read a bit more carefully!

The question was raised as to wether Guardiola was doing a better job than Wilding, who has been doing an excellent job at Sheffield Utd.

That hardly counts as bringing Man City into it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 14:04 - Feb 2 with 3350 viewslevelneville

I totally agree with this summing up...I said at half time PL would change it and take off Judge which proved to be correct, but watching this was painful....way out of it who knows... perhaps the players can take a note from the supporters as more passion from them than on the pitch i'm afraid.
It's just utterly depressing watching us on 14:12 - Feb 2 with 3317 viewsHarry_Palmer

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:32 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Why didn't the ref give it then?

Because like most refs at this level, he was incompetent.
It's just utterly depressing watching us on 14:17 - Feb 2 with 3305 viewsNo9

The problem at ITFC must be very deep seated and needs a real dig into the past to see what is wrong.

The last manager to get a 40% win rate was Joe Royale (42.9%). Football is a game divsed to be won it is a serious problem that Town have failed to find a manger, since Joe R that can do that, not that 42.9 is wonderful but it is better than the others stuck in the 30's.

I return to what I have posted many times = Mr E needs to find a football man to guide him
It's just utterly depressing watching us on 14:20 - Feb 2 with 3298 viewsDubtractor

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:32 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Why didn't the ref give it then?

Because he was a very rubbish ref. You may have noticed this?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 14:39 - Feb 2 with 3271 viewspointofblue

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:31 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

No way are we like the Man City of this division. That's just silly. We haven't spent a bean in the transfer window, not even on a loan.

I'm not saying we are - my argument is that if you're simply using the league table as a guide to who the best manager is then Klopp is the best, then Guardiola, then Rodgers, Lampard, Wilder, Solskjaer etc. But considering the squad and resources the disposal is the league table the only evidence we can use to judge managers?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:00 - Feb 2 with 3241 viewsArnieM

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 10:24 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

I think Lambert just needs to go, to be honest. He's clearly not a very good football manager. He's not done well anywhere in a very long time.

But that’s not going to happen anytime soon is it. I know contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written in but It would cost Evans something if he decided to tear it up. So can’t see he’d be sacking PL anytime soon.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:23 - Feb 2 with 3221 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 12:14 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

You seem to have completely ignored the post you were replying to. Just 7 days ago Lambert was the best manager in the division, going on league placings.

Surely the folly of just using the league table to say x manager is better than y is evidenced by the fact that using that logic, Lambert has in the space of a week gone from being the best manager in the division to the 4th best, and by next week could suddenly be anything from the 2nd to 7th best?

Not to mention that it completely fails to take into account resources available as others have pointed out, not to mention form and trajectory

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:25 - Feb 2 with 3215 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 12:24 - Feb 2 by agentp

Then tell us all what he should do. I think for the most part we all agree in the pipe dream but the reality is football changed and Evans isn't wealthy enough. There isnt a string of buyers - he'd sell if there was.

Most of the decisions he has made have been applauded at the time, it's only when they go wrong folk point blame at him. Even the Lambert 5-years; I dislike Lambert BTW and would like to see him gone, but that decision was made months ago when we were well clear at the top and those mocking the deal now were creaming themselves back then and even suggesting we are walking the league and no one is capable of beating us.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 12:27]

What are you babbling on about, the Lambert contract extension was completed on New Years Day by which point we were 4th in the table, and on a run of 2 wins in 11 league games with the most recent result being a 5-3 defeat at Lincoln

Most people were dismayed at the news, with the only exceptions being those that were continuing to blindly defend Lambert during the run

For someone pretending to be a football agent on a forum you aren’t half clueless

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:27 - Feb 2 with 3209 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:40 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Ignoring the fact that no one has compared us to Man City, who did they sign in the transfer window then?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:31 - Feb 2 with 3192 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:23 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah we also scored 3 in that game. Three.

Seriously?

FFS

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:31 - Feb 2 with 3193 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just wish ME would sack the bloke... he is utterly inept.

Hasn’t been a good manager for years, and has done nothing short of a terrible job here. He’s got no style no plan b... he is just another washed up has been in the Megson and Pulis mould. Should have gone and got Nathan Jones in January whilst he is available, had a bad time at stoke but he has a system and develops it, and our players imo are built for the diamond.

Sick of this whole crap. A useless owner and Pr merchant as manager. I’m sick of mediocrity and fans accepting it... there were fans at the end singing and clapping in section six.. happy flappers I say
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:32]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:39 - Feb 2 with 3170 viewsagentp

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:25 - Feb 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What are you babbling on about, the Lambert contract extension was completed on New Years Day by which point we were 4th in the table, and on a run of 2 wins in 11 league games with the most recent result being a 5-3 defeat at Lincoln

Most people were dismayed at the news, with the only exceptions being those that were continuing to blindly defend Lambert during the run

For someone pretending to be a football agent on a forum you aren’t half clueless

1) Where have I ever claimed to be a football agent? I am actually a security agent for VIP'S. I am also an ex lock. I played rugby in tier 2 - well 2 games in the top tier. I have an understanding as many of the younger lads I played with are currently in the premiership and we talk a lot. some of their agents do also represent footballers.

2) Lambert's contract was actually agreed in October, and no one was more dismayed than me.

3) where have I ever defended Lambert? I cant stand the bloke.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:41]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:40 - Feb 2 with 3166 viewspeterleeblue

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 10:57 - Feb 2 by Superfrans

The bit that depresses me most is our utter inability to raise ourselves for big matches - promotion clashes, TV games, derbies. We have been flat for these types of games for more than a decade now, under various different managers. We always look as if we aren’t taking these games as seriously as our opponents, we just so rarely come out battling. I just don’t get it,

Absoluetly this.
I felt this week would be massive and we needed to start
To start beating teams around us. We have FAILED massively.
Huge game next week. That in itself is a worry.
Sunderland lack a goalscorer but are well organised and play to a system. Something we don't do according to what i am reading here.
It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:47 - Feb 2 with 3155 viewsChrisd

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 13:34 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

What on earth are you talking about? I posted, "we haven't been out of the top 6 all season and were 1st just last weekend." What isn't an actual fact there?

More that you were focusing on my reply, ‘May time will show us.’ Yes, I recognise that as opinion it’s more the facts after it that was the point of my post.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:54 - Feb 2 with 3140 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's just utterly depressing watching us on 15:39 - Feb 2 by agentp

1) Where have I ever claimed to be a football agent? I am actually a security agent for VIP'S. I am also an ex lock. I played rugby in tier 2 - well 2 games in the top tier. I have an understanding as many of the younger lads I played with are currently in the premiership and we talk a lot. some of their agents do also represent footballers.

2) Lambert's contract was actually agreed in October, and no one was more dismayed than me.

3) where have I ever defended Lambert? I cant stand the bloke.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 15:41]

1) I can’t be a*sed to trawl back through to when you were claiming inside knowledge on our investment last season and insisting that we had actually spent more than we received due to agents fees, loan fees and sell ons (as non-agents wouldn’t understand these things apparently). Funny that the accounts suggested the opposite isn’t it?

2) No, it was 1 January. https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/lambert-signs-new-contract-at-ipswich/

3) I didn’t say you did, read it again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024