Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently boris has the virus 11:18 - Mar 27 with 7922 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:56 - Mar 27 with 2582 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:27 - Mar 27 by uefacup81

I think there are arguments on both sides here.

Given the complete lack of testing, STILL, for front-line key-workers, the optics of it all are terrible.

If they were testing those in the NHS etc., then of course test those in Government as well, but until then we're all in it together.

Stop talking such rubbish, he's the prime minister.

It's not even a debate.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:56]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:56 - Mar 27 with 2586 viewsEastTownBlue

Favourite for Labour Deputy Leader Angela Rayner also has Coronavirus symptoms

[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:03]
Apparently boris has the virus on 11:56 - Mar 27 with 2576 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:52 - Mar 27 by midastouch

Looks like Boulton has a big smirk on his face shortly after he announces it.

That's rather funny and pretty poor in equal measure. Seriously unprofessional.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:57 - Mar 27 with 2572 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:35 - Mar 27 by mrfixit426

He's the leader of the country.

Who is extremely unlikely to inadvertently infect your Poor Old Mum In Hospital. Unlike me, who can't get tested and hasn't been tested despite having something 'virally' just under a fortnight ago and is back on the front line.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:57 - Mar 27 with 2567 viewsLord_Lucan

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:56 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

Stop talking such rubbish, he's the prime minister.

It's not even a debate.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:56]

I wouldn't rise to it.

If there was ever a thread to see who the absolute tossers are this is it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 2566 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:39 - Mar 27 by uefacup81

Sorry, if there are no tests available for those on the front-line, who are exposing themselves to the virus on a daily basis, often without sufficient PPE, there are definitely no tests available for politicians and the Royal Family.

This is nonsense. He's literally responsible for running the country & meets with the Cabinet, health officers, police chiefs delivering the response to the pandemic. It's just logical to test him. There is simply no debate.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:00]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:59 - Mar 27 with 2556 viewshampstead_blue

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:39 - Mar 27 by uefacup81

Sorry, if there are no tests available for those on the front-line, who are exposing themselves to the virus on a daily basis, often without sufficient PPE, there are definitely no tests available for politicians and the Royal Family.

FFS!

You need to understand that in times like these you have to prioritise.

It may sound harsh but the leader of the country is more important than 1 person without all the correct PPE.
That is correct and proper planning.
It's not 'cool' but it's real and it is what is required.

If you knew how often this happened on military operations you would implode. We spend most of our time without the right kit having to adapt and compromise. It's normal life in these circumstances.

Feel free to slag off all the soldiers working around the clock to get the PPE out to the lower echelons. I'm sure they will give you hoofing response.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:09 - Mar 27 with 2509 viewstextbackup

to confirm, are you suggesting you want him to have it, or want him to be ok?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:16 - Mar 27 with 2491 viewsflimflam

You sir are an utter weapon.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:18 - Mar 27 with 2482 viewsLord_Lucan

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:57 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

Who is extremely unlikely to inadvertently infect your Poor Old Mum In Hospital. Unlike me, who can't get tested and hasn't been tested despite having something 'virally' just under a fortnight ago and is back on the front line.

Come on Badger, the fact that senior government and the heir to the throne have had tests has zero impact on the availability to test all the front line medical staff.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:20 - Mar 27 with 2466 viewsRyorry

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:46 - Mar 27 by Keno

only if you sleep with them

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:22 - Mar 27 with 2468 viewsfactual_blue

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:16 - Mar 27 by flimflam

You sir are an utter weapon.

You sir are clearly blissfully ignorant of the origins of the TWTD trope 'I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:24 - Mar 27 with 2452 viewslongtimefan

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:54 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

That's 'leader' in the very loosest sense of the word.

You and I may not like it but he is the Prime Minister and therefore explicitly the official leader of the country.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 13:54]
Apparently boris has the virus on 12:25 - Mar 27 with 2439 viewsGuthrum

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:46 - Mar 27 by Keno

only if you sleep with them

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:32 - Mar 27 with 2407 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:43 - Mar 27 by Guthrum

Doing all NHS staff members is impractical, given the numbers, the type of test currently in use and available supplies of it. Everyone, worldwide, is trying to get their hands on these tests. As reported today, some of the tests supplied are unreliable: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/coronavirus-test-kits-withdrawn-sp

I'd also argue that senior Government ministers have an even more important job than medics, as they have to keep the whole country running and resources flowing so the doctors are in a position to save lives. Also managing the population to inhibit the spread of the illness and stop them being overwhelmed. Making decisions which could be crucial to the fight against C-19.

Look at the numbers in there though - "Spanish health authorities have been urgently distributing almost 650,000 rapid testing kits to frontline medical staff". A week ago Ireland distributed 60,000 tests and had 100,000 more on order.

I don't know how many critical care practitioners we have, but I can't imagine it's more than a couple of hundred thousand (based on 1.5 m NHS staff in total). Obviously they're trying to divert tests to patients, but I'd have thought the medical staff are top priority.

Of course, senior govt ministers should be tested. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:42 - Mar 27 with 2381 viewsGuthrum

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:32 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

Look at the numbers in there though - "Spanish health authorities have been urgently distributing almost 650,000 rapid testing kits to frontline medical staff". A week ago Ireland distributed 60,000 tests and had 100,000 more on order.

I don't know how many critical care practitioners we have, but I can't imagine it's more than a couple of hundred thousand (based on 1.5 m NHS staff in total). Obviously they're trying to divert tests to patients, but I'd have thought the medical staff are top priority.

Of course, senior govt ministers should be tested. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

The UK did over 40,000 tests in the 7 days up to 9am yesterday (nearly 8,000 in the final 24 hours). That's just on patients. Gives some idea of the numbers needed to do staff as well.

Also, as the test currently used is only a snapshot of whether someone has the disease at that moment (but not if they'd had it and recovered), how often would tests for staff have to be conducted?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:47 - Mar 27 with 2367 viewshampstead_blue

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:32 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

the Chief Scientist/Medical Officer was talking about 'better to have a good test than no test at all'.
Is he implying that the tests other countries have is less than ideal?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:48 - Mar 27 with 2371 viewsGaryCooper

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:22 - Mar 27 by uefacup81

Well that puts paid to the claims that Charles was only tested in line with NHS guidance.

Boris isn't (as far as we know) in any high risk groups, and was only showing mild symptoms.

Again, plenty of tests for the rich and famous, yet still none for those on the front lines.

It is so infectious that even if the number of tests required for NHS workers were available do you think we could stand losing say 60% of that force?
Apparently boris has the virus on 12:49 - Mar 27 with 2365 viewsbluelagos

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:19 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Rabb is the designated survivor. Shudder.

Why isnt it Gove? Thought he was no 2?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:50 - Mar 27 with 2362 viewsPJH

Apparently boris has the virus on 11:22 - Mar 27 by uefacup81

Well that puts paid to the claims that Charles was only tested in line with NHS guidance.

Boris isn't (as far as we know) in any high risk groups, and was only showing mild symptoms.

Again, plenty of tests for the rich and famous, yet still none for those on the front lines.

Maybe he is going to have a go at being King after he has finished playing at being Prime Minister.
Apparently boris has the virus on 12:53 - Mar 27 with 2335 viewshampstead_blue

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:49 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

I'd have Gove. Incredibly bright.

Let's be honest, nobody who's been a senior MP has a clean slate so you can blow anyone apart.

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:57 - Mar 27 with 2316 viewsfooters

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:49 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

Raab is First Secretary of State. Unbelievable but true.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Apparently boris has the virus on 13:01 - Mar 27 with 2288 viewsElderGrizzly

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:48 - Mar 27 by GaryCooper

It is so infectious that even if the number of tests required for NHS workers were available do you think we could stand losing say 60% of that force?

Hancock now has it too

Apparently boris has the virus on 13:06 - Mar 27 with 2261 viewsbrogansnose

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:47 - Mar 27 by hampstead_blue

the Chief Scientist/Medical Officer was talking about 'better to have a good test than no test at all'.
Is he implying that the tests other countries have is less than ideal?

Seeing as the Spanish are withdrawing some of their testing kits then I would assume yes.
Apparently boris has the virus on 13:06 - Mar 27 with 2259 viewsPinewoodblue

Apparently boris has the virus on 12:18 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Come on Badger, the fact that senior government and the heir to the throne have had tests has zero impact on the availability to test all the front line medical staff.

Matt hand-cock has also tested positive,

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024