Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert In 11:26 - May 22 with 8299 viewsGlasgowBlue

Am I the only person here here who thinks another change of manager will have a destabilising effect in the club when we are in completely uncharted waters due to the COvid outbreak?

Yeah he fcuked up. Yes he basically threw the season away, which was doubly annoying as we had managed to go back top in January.

But a new manager with probably very little in way of finances could see us drop even further.

Give him one more season imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lambert In on 15:48 - May 22 with 2721 viewsnodge_blue

Lambert In on 11:29 - May 22 by itfcjoe

I think that is what will happen, and I hope you’re right, but he’s made such a bad job of things on the pitch across 2 seasons now that I have very little faith in him getting it right on the pitch with the same players.

He’s done a lot of good off the pitch, which has been important but that will all be undone if he continues to struggle on it.

The fact that after 70+ games I couldn’t tell you what he is even trying to do is a massive worry. We should have a clear identity now

I cant help agree with your last paragraph. Our identity has shifted, the shifted again. And we are back to under performing players, in an underperforming team, who dont have a settled style of play.

That has to be a fair criticism.

But I'd still give him another year cos I dont think right now is a good time for change.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Lambert In on 15:53 - May 22 with 2712 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert In on 11:48 - May 22 by Bluefish

So why did it take being 10th in league 1 for you to and others to acknowledge that? Why not mention it before?

Herbers has been pretty much critical of Lambert for well over year now. If you were interested in anything other than yourself, you'd know that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert In on 16:09 - May 22 with 2686 viewstextbackup

Absolutely no chance do I want to see him manager Town in even 1 more game.

Peterborough at home done it for me, whether I was late to the party or not its irrelevant because I don't decide if he stays or goes.

but that day is when my support for him died

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert In on 16:12 - May 22 with 2683 viewspatrickswell

The only justification that I can think of for keeping him is that when I look at the squad, I still don’t feel that this really “his” team or club yet. Holy, KVY, Norwood, Wilson have all contributed positively to varying degrees with only Judge a major disappointment, while Keane was inconsistent. Around that though he seems to have drowned in the alphabet soup of McCarthy stalwarts, Academy kids, recovering crocks and trying to see which of Hurst’s buys could do a job in this division - from what I gather only Jackson and possibly Edwards have enhanced their reputations. He needs to be more ruthless, stop rotating un-necessarily and pick the core of a side and get it playing in the style he thinks will best suit his core players. Make some hard calls and start working with your players, because the situation is not going to get any easier.
Lambert In on 16:36 - May 22 with 2666 viewsHerbivore

Covid is sending people mad, it's the only way I can explain all the uppies.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert In on 17:08 - May 22 with 2646 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 16:36 - May 22 by Herbivore

Or..... people from Suffolk are notoriously thick and know very little about football

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert In on 17:11 - May 22 with 2647 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lambert In on 16:36 - May 22 by Herbivore

In Fairness BlueAllOver would downvote me if I posted that Ipswich played at Portman Road and our homer kit comprised of Blue shirts and White shorts.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lambert In on 17:20 - May 22 with 2642 viewsSomethingBlue

He will stay and he is quite fortunate, he basically gets a second bite at it due to Covid — and, given people will be very keen indeed to watch some football after a year off, he will start with a reasonably positive atmosphere. No room for error this time though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert In on 17:26 - May 22 with 2623 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 17:20 - May 22 by SomethingBlue

He will stay and he is quite fortunate, he basically gets a second bite at it due to Covid — and, given people will be very keen indeed to watch some football after a year off, he will start with a reasonably positive atmosphere. No room for error this time though.

you accidently wrote 2nd bite there instead of 3rd

Lambert In on 17:41 - May 22 with 2618 viewsitfcjoe

When it’s behind closed doors as it likely will when it returns I don’t see how that positivity helps him?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert In on 17:45 - May 22 with 2608 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 17:41 - May 22 by itfcjoe

When it’s behind closed doors as it likely will when it returns I don’t see how that positivity helps him?

How would we know the difference if it helps or it doesn't? We have no PRP standard to compare to, the bloke is a joke. At least with petite Paul you could see what he was trying evrn if it didn't work

Lambert In on 17:46 - May 22 with 2613 viewsSomethingBlue

That may well be right (although, assuming next week's vote goes the way it probably will, exactly how & when next season starts is going to be another highly-contested matter!). He has another bite though, whatever any of us think of it, and can only hope he's learned from the colossal over-complications that messed this season up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert In on 17:46 - May 22 with 2606 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 17:46 - May 22 by SomethingBlue

That may well be right (although, assuming next week's vote goes the way it probably will, exactly how & when next season starts is going to be another highly-contested matter!). He has another bite though, whatever any of us think of it, and can only hope he's learned from the colossal over-complications that messed this season up.

.....and the season before.......and all the ones at previous clubs

Lambert In on 18:02 - May 22 with 2590 viewsShawsey

Hope the time off has made him realise where he went wrong. Give him at least 10 games next season and see how we look.
Lambert In on 18:07 - May 22 with 2587 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert In on 17:46 - May 22 by SomethingBlue

I think you're right, ME won't want to add the wider instability by changing the manager at this point. PL will get another bite of the cherry at what will almost certainly be a division in which we're even bigger fish than we were this season.
Lambert In on 18:44 - May 22 with 2559 viewsBluefish

Lambert In on 18:07 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

I think you're right, ME won't want to add the wider instability by changing the manager at this point. PL will get another bite of the cherry at what will almost certainly be a division in which we're even bigger fish than we were this season.

Ridiculous. The obvious way to change it is to make voices heard in the crowd and have visible banners highlighting that he should not be anywhere near our club.

I have offered to buy the lambo banner, whomever has it my offer still stands

Lambert In on 20:33 - May 22 with 2535 viewshype313

I'd say stick with him, most clubs are going to keep with the status quo, so if he were to go then we'd end up with someone like Gary Megson.

We all just hope he has had a period of reflection, watched all the games back and realised that he's made mistakes along the way, which might have changed his mindset.

I don't trust Evans to get the right appt anyway, his track record is woeful.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert In on 20:34 - May 22 with 2533 viewsKeaneish

Lambert In on 12:44 - May 22 by Herbivore

I stand by the no signs of improvement. I'm not sure how you can argue otherwise. Our good start was 8 months ago now and we've been pretty hopeless ever since. Does he look capable of turning that around? Absolutely not.

For a manager who bigs up his European Cup exploits and big game stature, his side have been woefully inept in the big games this season which is where we’ve consistently come undone. I agree, he can’t turn it around. I said I’d give him till the end of the season, his time has come.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert In on 21:01 - May 22 with 2527 viewshaynes_toe1

I dont think "This manager has been a complete failure but theres a possibility the next manager will also be a failure" is a fair reason not to sack Lambert when we forced McCarthy out for doing a good job and us hoping it would be better without him...
Lambert In on 22:32 - May 22 with 2497 viewsKeaneish

Lambert In on 21:01 - May 22 by haynes_toe1

I dont think "This manager has been a complete failure but theres a possibility the next manager will also be a failure" is a fair reason not to sack Lambert when we forced McCarthy out for doing a good job and us hoping it would be better without him...

Can we drop the “McCarthy was forced out” mantra. He had plenty of opportunity to help himself but his pride got in the way and he ended up resigning as a result.

Decent manager. Massive egotist. Dull football. A poor recipe all in all despite plenty of upsides.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert In on 22:35 - May 22 with 2494 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert In on 22:32 - May 22 by Keaneish

Can we drop the “McCarthy was forced out” mantra. He had plenty of opportunity to help himself but his pride got in the way and he ended up resigning as a result.

Decent manager. Massive egotist. Dull football. A poor recipe all in all despite plenty of upsides.

Doesn't matter now anyway as we have sunk so far below Mick's level

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lambert In on 22:52 - May 22 with 2487 viewspatrickswell

It is highly possible that we will hear the reason, “It’s difficult for the players to give it their full focus and motivation in an empty stadium” given an airing mere months after being told that the players were struggling with the expectancy levels placed on them by our world renowned impatient fanbase.
Lambert In on 22:56 - May 22 with 2484 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert In on 22:52 - May 22 by patrickswell

It is highly possible that we will hear the reason, “It’s difficult for the players to give it their full focus and motivation in an empty stadium” given an airing mere months after being told that the players were struggling with the expectancy levels placed on them by our world renowned impatient fanbase.

Just our players though and, weirdly, never the opposition's...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lambert In on 23:46 - May 22 with 2460 viewsHerbivore

That's a shame for him, error is the one thing he's capable of.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert In on 01:32 - May 23 with 2435 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It is inevitable he will be here at least one more year.

He’s had a really poor first full season, he really, tried to be too clever for his own good.

However, finances will ultimately mean he will get another go next season, however, how can you hold faith in him when he is going to have the same players, in fact probably worse, with the likes of Downes, Woolfenden, Jackson, Dozzell all sold.

I mean we are going to have Chambers, Wilson and Nsiala as CB options with Donacien fourth choice - Jesus wept.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024