Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement 09:31 - Sep 16 with 63497 viewsBarneycurley

and not be considered a racist?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:55 - Sep 17 with 3507 viewsHerbivore

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:48 - Sep 17 by Swansea_Blue

That's quite a few hot takes.

It's full on meltdown territory. And to think he had the temerity to lecture Spruce on reality a little while ago.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:58 - Sep 17 with 3500 viewsbrazil1982

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:47 - Sep 17 by StokieBlue

You sure about that? A quick google would show that doesn't seem to be the case so can you provide a source?

It seems to be highlighting exactly what I said in that the slogan does a poor job of conveying the message and people thus don't look into the actual policy aims.

SB

On their Go Fund Me page, under "how we'll spend the funds!"

Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police.
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:03 - Sep 17 with 3480 viewsHerbivore

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:58 - Sep 17 by brazil1982

Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police.

I'm sure we'd all love to get to a point where we no longer need a police force. It'd be lovely. It might not be a realistic aim but using that one small part of a much larger manifesto against them seems rather churlish and looks rather like desperately trying to find a reason to justify not supporting them.

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:04 - Sep 17 with 3475 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:58 - Sep 17 by brazil1982

So they want to spend a portion of the money raised to develop strategies where they investigate how and if policing as we know it in its current form could be abolished?

Isn't that a little more nuanced than 'have no policing'?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:05 - Sep 17 with 3468 viewsRyorry

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:48 - Sep 17 by Swansea_Blue

That's quite a few hot takes.

Gotta hand it to the OP, if this forum really is a cross-section of society, his decent enough opening question has certainly exposed in microcosm two wide apart ends of the spectrum.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:08 - Sep 17 with 3452 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:05 - Sep 17 by Ryorry

Gotta hand it to the OP, if this forum really is a cross-section of society, his decent enough opening question has certainly exposed in microcosm two wide apart ends of the spectrum.

Out of interest, which posters are you placing at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rokerite?! They're way out there on a scale all of their own!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:10 - Sep 17 with 3443 viewsRyorry

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:08 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

Out of interest, which posters are you placing at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rokerite?! They're way out there on a scale all of their own!

I didn't say they were placed equally apart from the centre! but obviously, those wishing to overthrow capitalism are pretty far along in t'other direction from him.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:11 - Sep 17 with 3430 viewsHalf_Idiot

So you're just going to ignore all but the last three words of the sentence?
Login to get fewer ads

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:15 - Sep 17 with 3409 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:11 - Sep 17 by Half_Idiot

I often find that when I wish to distort the aims of an organisation and get a good dose of smearage in for good measure, I'll just exaggerate a tiny aspect of what they're about and use that out of context to push my aims. It's especially effective if you ignore 99% of all the other information available about an organisation's goals!

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:16 - Sep 17 with 3407 viewsROKERITE

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:11 - Sep 17 by Half_Idiot

They are the crucial three words of the sentence and prove his point.
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:19 - Sep 17 with 3386 viewsHerbivore

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:16 - Sep 17 by ROKERITE

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:19 - Sep 17 with 3390 viewsHalf_Idiot

If you're an alarmist maybe
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:22 - Sep 17 with 3368 viewsSpruceMoose

Lol ok pal. I'm still waiting on you for that list of great things Trump has done for Black people - achievements far beyond what most other presidents have done! I guess poorly handling Covid and killing a large number of them doesn't count?

I don't think he's ever been accused of sexualy assaulting a Black woman (although who can keep up with all those accusations!) so at least he has that going for him.

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:23 - Sep 17 with 3364 viewsDecageBruce

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:15 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

I often find that when I wish to distort the aims of an organisation and get a good dose of smearage in for good measure, I'll just exaggerate a tiny aspect of what they're about and use that out of context to push my aims. It's especially effective if you ignore 99% of all the other information available about an organisation's goals!

Tbf there are posters on this board and very thread that do that to others posters.

Maybe not exaggerate exactly. Certainly continue to revisit the same small aspects whether relevant/valid or not whilst stating they must be valid as they had been said elsewhere.

It just detracts from any form of debate with others as the focus switches to a tit for tat full of personal attacks: nothing can develop from that and all threads end up being very similar
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:39 - Sep 17 with 3312 viewsROKERITE

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:22 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

Lol ok pal. I'm still waiting on you for that list of great things Trump has done for Black people - achievements far beyond what most other presidents have done! I guess poorly handling Covid and killing a large number of them doesn't count?

I don't think he's ever been accused of sexualy assaulting a Black woman (although who can keep up with all those accusations!) so at least he has that going for him.

Well there's the record levels of black employment and record low levels of black unemployment before the virus lock-down. The overall black/white employment gap hit an all time low under Trump before the lock-down.
There's Trump's bills to reform criminal justice and eliminate the disparities in sentencing that adversely affected black Americans. Many black Americans are now free who'd still have been incarcerated but for Trump.
He signed a $360,000,000 grant to support Historically Black Colleges and Universities, more than any previous President including Obama.
They do for starters.
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:40 - Sep 17 with 3305 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:39 - Sep 17 by ROKERITE

Well there's the record levels of black employment and record low levels of black unemployment before the virus lock-down. The overall black/white employment gap hit an all time low under Trump before the lock-down.
There's Trump's bills to reform criminal justice and eliminate the disparities in sentencing that adversely affected black Americans. Many black Americans are now free who'd still have been incarcerated but for Trump.
He signed a $360,000,000 grant to support Historically Black Colleges and Universities, more than any previous President including Obama.
They do for starters.

Careful you don't go drowning in all that Kool-Aid!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 16:44]

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:46 - Sep 17 with 3291 viewsnoggin

They do for starters.

Define 'employed' and 'unemployed' for a start.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:47 - Sep 17 with 3294 viewsROKERITE

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:46 - Sep 17 by noggin

Define 'employed' and 'unemployed' for a start.

Buy a dictionary!
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:49 - Sep 17 with 3282 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:47 - Sep 17 by ROKERITE

Buy a dictionary!

Arf! One post and your lies have been dismantled already! 😂
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 16:49]

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:49 - Sep 17 with 3280 viewsnoggin

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:47 - Sep 17 by ROKERITE

Buy a dictionary!

I'll take that as "I don't know".

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:50 - Sep 17 with 3274 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:49 - Sep 17 by noggin

I'll take that as "I don't know".

Oh he knows. He was just hoping to get away with lying.

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:54 - Sep 17 with 3257 viewsHerbivore

They do for starters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/us/politics/trump-black-african-americans-fac

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:56 - Sep 17 with 3250 viewsjeera

They do for starters.

"Well there's the record levels of black employment and record low levels of black unemployment before the virus lock-down."

You've just copied that without bothering with context.

That claim only works if you completely ignore the extrapolation of the trends that were already in place before his presidency.

As it goes, if you look a bit deeper, the trend hasn't quite followed the expected path and it's been said the figures should be even better.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 18:08 - Sep 17 with 3195 viewsnoggin

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:54 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/us/politics/trump-black-african-americans-fac

Fake News obviously.

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 18:49 - Sep 17 with 3163 viewsHerbivore

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 18:08 - Sep 17 by noggin

Fake News obviously.

Indeed, should we trust a press that is regulated and has to maintain editorial standards otherwise it gets held to account, or a piss-eyed Tango monster that's forged an entire political career on bare-faced lies? It's a tough call for sure, hard to know who to believe sometimes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024