Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) 13:07 - Oct 29 with 25511 viewsEwan_Oozami

According to my highly dodgy Twitter feed...
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 13:10]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:04 - Oct 29 with 780 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 15:55 - Oct 29 by vindicatedblue

"Institutionally antisemitic”. This means that the party’s mechanisms, procedures and institutions lead to racist outcomes against its Jewish members.

That is what the EHRC found.

Can you point me to the bit of the report where it suggests that the Labour party treated people a particular way because they were Jewish?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:06 - Oct 29 with 773 viewstractordownsouth

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 14:14 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

How can a left-wing influence the party that’s looking to silence them and move everyone to a centrist position for some supposed electoral gains? Gains that look highly questionable, especially without sufficient support from the regions who have shown repeatedly over the last decade that they don’t like or trust the establishment and have kept the receipts of inaction over decades?

I think Labour is done. And any way a real alternative can take shape and build momentum (with or without Labour as a partner) is a good thing.

"The establishment" - it's just utterly meaningless phrases.

And there isn't a silencing - sure the cabinet is largely soft left, but there needed to be a break with the past. For comparison, here is how SCG members and others should have responded. Nadia Whittome has only been an MP for 10 months, yet she's shown more compassion on the issue than the guy who is responsible for large amounts of the scandal.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:07 - Oct 29 with 766 viewsvindicatedblue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:04 - Oct 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can you point me to the bit of the report where it suggests that the Labour party treated people a particular way because they were Jewish?

"We have concluded that there were unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination for which the Labour Party is responsible."

What a hill to die on old friend.
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:10 - Oct 29 with 752 viewsleitrimblue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 15:19 - Oct 29 by 26_Paz

Fair play to Starmer. Strong response. Good leadership. Chalk and cheese to the cowardly, racist, weasel he’s replaced.

Well said Paz, no leader of a British political party should be allowed to hold racist or homophobic views
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:10 - Oct 29 with 741 views26_Paz

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:07 - Oct 29 by vindicatedblue

"We have concluded that there were unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination for which the Labour Party is responsible."

What a hill to die on old friend.

You’ve torn him a new one on this thread.

The Paz Man

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:15 - Oct 29 with 720 viewsDubtractor

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:10 - Oct 29 by 26_Paz

You’ve torn him a new one on this thread.

Paz, I tend to leave the threads with you arguing the toss over politics with people, I just can't be bothered to get involved tbh. But it is pretty astonishing that you are so vocal in this thread, yet so utterly silent on (or even an apologist for) the racism or bigotry from those politicians on the right.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:17 - Oct 29 with 713 viewsIllinoisblue

Which 3 games will he miss?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:20 - Oct 29 with 710 viewsvindicatedblue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:17 - Oct 29 by Illinoisblue

Maccabi Tel Aviv, Beitar Jerusalem and Maccabi Ahi Nazareth. But he hopes to be back in charge for the home game at CSKA Moscow.
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:22 - Oct 29 with 683 views26_Paz

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:15 - Oct 29 by Dubtractor

Paz, I tend to leave the threads with you arguing the toss over politics with people, I just can't be bothered to get involved tbh. But it is pretty astonishing that you are so vocal in this thread, yet so utterly silent on (or even an apologist for) the racism or bigotry from those politicians on the right.

I’m very pleased to see something being done about antisemitism. I’m pretty astonished that this is drawing criticism.

The Paz Man

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:23 - Oct 29 with 681 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:06 - Oct 29 by tractordownsouth

"The establishment" - it's just utterly meaningless phrases.

And there isn't a silencing - sure the cabinet is largely soft left, but there needed to be a break with the past. For comparison, here is how SCG members and others should have responded. Nadia Whittome has only been an MP for 10 months, yet she's shown more compassion on the issue than the guy who is responsible for large amounts of the scandal.

The UK establishment isn’t meaningless to me. I’ve seen it in action for my entire adult life - creating a cosy, insider world where politics, the media, lobbyists and the private financial and corporate worlds are some big revolving door. As I pointed out at the time, what’s happened to the Change lot since they failed to oust Corbyn should tell you this ... they became the establishment grifters they always were despite playing at being representative politicians.

And I’ve seen the no-holds barred attacks on those who reject the status quo in favour of more democratic representation that would help millions of people and give them a proper voice. It’s with the full weight of an establishment that closes ranks when their selfish interests and power are jeopardised.

You actually think going back to a Labour Party working with and defending those interests is now looking forward ... that as much as anything shows we need new voices on the left.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:24 - Oct 29 with 674 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:22 - Oct 29 by 26_Paz

I’m very pleased to see something being done about antisemitism. I’m pretty astonished that this is drawing criticism.

The problem is that you don't seem to show the same vigour for discussions and actions on racism from the other side of the chamber.

It's unacceptable regardless of the side if comes from. Perhaps that isn't your intention but if it's not you're going to have to modify your posting so that actually comes across.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:24 - Oct 29 with 673 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:17 - Oct 29 by Illinoisblue

I feel sorry for him. Especially after missing most of the last 5 years with that achilles heel problem .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:25 - Oct 29 with 665 viewsDubtractor

That's not the bit I'm astonished by, as I'm sure you're aware.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:25 - Oct 29 with 664 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 13:13 - Oct 29 by Steve_M

Not even the political nous to make a proper apology this morning. In his own head he just can't accept when he's in the wrong.

Their posts go on from there as do the comments from both sides.

It's interesting both sides cite "party unity" but believe it can only be achieved by doing the opposite things.

SB

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:29 - Oct 29 with 647 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:25 - Oct 29 by StokieBlue

It's interesting both sides cite "party unity" but believe it can only be achieved by doing the opposite things.

SB

It's all a bit People's Front of Judea isn't it? Somebody should bang their heads together and point out the damage their infighting has done to the country by starving us of decent opposition at possibly the most critical period since WW2.

And yes, I realise that each side will probably point out that it's their 'other' half that's causing the damage!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:36 - Oct 29 with 626 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:25 - Oct 29 by StokieBlue

SB

The established and pretty centre-right Labour Party was never going to do unity. For them it’s a numbers game where they could always have their way in the PLP, Labour HQ, and even the NEC and unions were largely on the inside. They also had the support of the media where even in the Guardian there is only a handful of genuinely left-of-centre voices.

Corbyn did promote a broad church and tried to get other factions involved in the shadow cabinet. But I’m under no illusions that was also a numbers game but seen from the other minority side where he only had member support and nothing really within the infrastructure.

The Labour right didn’t do unity since 2015 because they didn’t need to. And they certainly don’t think they do now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:36 - Oct 29 with 619 views26_Paz

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:24 - Oct 29 by StokieBlue

The problem is that you don't seem to show the same vigour for discussions and actions on racism from the other side of the chamber.

It's unacceptable regardless of the side if comes from. Perhaps that isn't your intention but if it's not you're going to have to modify your posting so that actually comes across.

SB

I’m posting my views on this particular issue.

The Paz Man

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:38 - Oct 29 with 605 viewsEwan_Oozami

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 14:56 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

Starmer was the unity candidate and has shown zero evidence for that once he secured the job.

Then again, as the past 5 years have shown, the Labour right would rather defeat the left than defeat the Tories. I’m looking forward to them realising that they certainly can’t do both.

And vice versa of course...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:41 - Oct 29 with 597 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:36 - Oct 29 by 26_Paz

You've missed the point entirely.

SB

Booooom!!! (n/t) on 16:42 - Oct 29 with 591 viewsBloots

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:20 - Oct 29 by vindicatedblue

Maccabi Tel Aviv, Beitar Jerusalem and Maccabi Ahi Nazareth. But he hopes to be back in charge for the home game at CSKA Moscow.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:43 - Oct 29 with 588 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:36 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

The established and pretty centre-right Labour Party was never going to do unity. For them it’s a numbers game where they could always have their way in the PLP, Labour HQ, and even the NEC and unions were largely on the inside. They also had the support of the media where even in the Guardian there is only a handful of genuinely left-of-centre voices.

Corbyn did promote a broad church and tried to get other factions involved in the shadow cabinet. But I’m under no illusions that was also a numbers game but seen from the other minority side where he only had member support and nothing really within the infrastructure.

The Labour right didn’t do unity since 2015 because they didn’t need to. And they certainly don’t think they do now.

"Red Tory".

That's the unity displayed by a large part of the membership after JC became leader. If you weren't 100% with them you were against them.

SB

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:44 - Oct 29 with 580 viewsMeadowlark

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:29 - Oct 29 by Swansea_Blue

It's all a bit People's Front of Judea isn't it? Somebody should bang their heads together and point out the damage their infighting has done to the country by starving us of decent opposition at possibly the most critical period since WW2.

And yes, I realise that each side will probably point out that it's their 'other' half that's causing the damage!

Decent opposition is not permitted, or have you not noticed?
As soon as we start to get close, the establishment orchestrates the situation to prevent it.
This time around they are also starting to dismantle the system so that there is no chance of any future change that might be beneficial to us all.
It's difficult to see a way back from this situation without a revolution.
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:44 - Oct 29 with 578 viewsBlueLikeJazz

It's not the fact that you're 'pleased to see something done about antisemitism" that's drawing criticism, it's your absolute weapons-grade hypocrisy, and you know it.
Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:45 - Oct 29 with 573 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:36 - Oct 29 by 26_Paz

And being criticised for yours on other racist beliefs/practices.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:47 - Oct 29 with 562 viewsStokieBlue

Corbyn suspended... (n/t) on 16:44 - Oct 29 by Meadowlark

Decent opposition is not permitted, or have you not noticed?
As soon as we start to get close, the establishment orchestrates the situation to prevent it.
This time around they are also starting to dismantle the system so that there is no chance of any future change that might be beneficial to us all.
It's difficult to see a way back from this situation without a revolution.

That's all very conspiratorial. If anything the opposition to the Tories has been improved over what it was a few years back.

"This time around they are also starting to dismantle the system so that there is no chance of any future change that might be beneficial to us all."

What does that mean?

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024