Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldest team in the league 12:32 - Nov 15 with 13358 viewsdingus

Oldest team in the league on 17:05 - Nov 15 with 1581 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oldest team in the league on 16:55 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

Does anyone really care about this? The signing of Ward was met with positivity. Would anyone drop him for Kenlock?

It seems this is more about Judge being ineffective than the average age of the team.

Sorry Dolly, not suggesting you've disagreed with any of the above.

Yep. It's weird, but not unsurprising, that people have jumped on this.

Anyway, I've made my case.

I'd agree with you about Judge being ineffective, but that's a side issue.

The idea that Lambert doesn't play youngsters and is filling the side with ageing players is ludicrous and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

30%? (n/t) on 17:05 - Nov 15 with 1576 viewsBloots

Oldest team in the league on 16:50 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

I did, but since when you're on here around 30% of the posts on TWTD are you arguing with people it makes the board harder to follow when those posts are missing.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Oldest team in the league on 17:08 - Nov 15 with 1567 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oldest team in the league on 17:00 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

Why do you feel the need to describe valid opinions as "nonsense" whenever they don't cohere with yours? Given that Lambert has never started the three players you mention together and has generally found a place for Nolan when fit, I don't see any basis for your labelling my post as "nonsense". I think you should apologise to be honest.

Nope. You've attacked my opinions often enough with similar or worse.

I stand by my opinion that Lambert wouldn't drop a fit and in form Dozzell or Bishop for Nolan. In fact he gave Dozzell and Bishop particular praise recently.

I'll let others decide if your assertion is nonsense or not.

Oldest team in the league on 17:09 - Nov 15 with 1567 viewsitfcjoe

Oldest team in the league on 16:47 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

There's no way Lambert's picking a fit Nolan instead of a fit Bishop or Dozzell. Nonsense.

Except against Doncaster when he brought Nolan back into the team after he returned from injury at the expense of Bishop?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oldest team in the league on 17:09 - Nov 15 with 1569 viewsHerbivore

Oldest team in the league on 16:58 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

You see your argument's failing so you think, how can I twist it another way?

It's not about what he's signed. It's about starting players. Clearly both of Hawkins and Norwood won't be playing. Same with Holy and Cornell. Wilson wouldn't be starting with other centre halves being fit. And you've avoided mentioning loan signings because they don't fit your narrative.

Why would he sign loads of permanent youngsters anyway? We have loads already! If he had done you'd bemoaning him blocking our own youngsters!

And we don't have the funds to buy several promising youngsters. KVY was half a million. How many of those type signings would ME sanction?

Basically, attack whatever Lambert does. Rinse and repeat.

So just to be clear the context I've introduced isn't appropriate context? Damn, I'm not very good at this!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oldest team in the league on 17:15 - Nov 15 with 1527 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Oldest team in the league on 16:24 - Nov 15 by judespiveyg

It's very hard to argue that those four wouldn't be the spine of our team if they were all fit. 'NoT a sHrEd oF eViDeNcE' straight up ignores the fact that Downes and Wolfy were our best players by a distance last year and Dozzell and Bishop have easily been our best players this year.

I don't like a lot of Lambert's team selections (Judge, Huws and maybe Nolan get far too much gametime, mucks about with keepers too much) but I don't think he'd rest the team's best four players.

Also struggling to see how replacing 35 year old Chambers with 24 year old KVY pushes the average age up, unless Lambert decides to play Chambers at centre half instead of Wolf and Mcguiness, both of whom have been playing really well.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 16:27]

I would suggest the idea that Chambers, who has been basically ever present under Lambert, would be dropped is far more unrealistic than the idea that he’ll start that midfield 3 when he’s literally never done so. One of Judge, Nolan and Huws, or quite possibly 2 would be in there judging by the lineups that he’s actually fielded

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Oldest team in the league on 17:25 - Nov 15 with 1535 viewsHerbivore

Oldest team in the league on 17:05 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep. It's weird, but not unsurprising, that people have jumped on this.

Anyway, I've made my case.

I'd agree with you about Judge being ineffective, but that's a side issue.

The idea that Lambert doesn't play youngsters and is filling the side with ageing players is ludicrous and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

That last paragraph is somewhat Trumpian. You've totally lost your head on this.

Oldest team in the league on 17:27 - Nov 15 with 1529 viewsHerbivore

Oldest team in the league on 17:08 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Nope. You've attacked my opinions often enough with similar or worse.

I stand by my opinion that Lambert wouldn't drop a fit and in form Dozzell or Bishop for Nolan. In fact he gave Dozzell and Bishop particular praise recently.

I'll let others decide if your assertion is nonsense or not.

No apology and doubling down? More Trumpian outbursts.

Login to get fewer ads

Oldest team in the league on 17:46 - Nov 15 with 1506 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oldest team in the league on 17:09 - Nov 15 by itfcjoe

Except against Doncaster when he brought Nolan back into the team after he returned from injury at the expense of Bishop?

Wow. One occasion when he rested a player (who has a terrible record with injuries).

You're better than this Joe.

Oldest team in the league on 17:50 - Nov 15 with 1500 viewsfooters

We have some very old players and some very young players.

Averages, innit.

And besides, who cares?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Oldest team in the league on 17:51 - Nov 15 with 1495 viewsitfcjoe

Oldest team in the league on 17:46 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Wow. One occasion when he rested a player (who has a terrible record with injuries).

You're better than this Joe.

When has Nolan been rested? He’s basically started every game he’s fit for under PL.

Oldest team in the league on 17:51 - Nov 15 with 1492 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oldest team in the league on 17:27 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

No apology and doubling down? More Trumpian outbursts.

Funny isn't it? You get upset at me calling your opinion nonsense but you've twice called mine Trumpian, which to my mind is far more offensive!

Anyway, the pile-on has started from the usual suspects so I'll bow out now. I think I've stated a pretty good case. The fact that you've all avoided the point I've made several times that we probably have the youngest centre back pairing in the entire football league, hasn't gone unnoticed.

Intelligent people will notice though, I'm sure.

Have a good evening, all.

Oldest team in the league on 17:52 - Nov 15 with 1487 viewsfooters

Oldest team in the league on 17:51 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Funny isn't it? You get upset at me calling your opinion nonsense but you've twice called mine Trumpian, which to my mind is far more offensive!

Anyway, the pile-on has started from the usual suspects so I'll bow out now. I think I've stated a pretty good case. The fact that you've all avoided the point I've made several times that we probably have the youngest centre back pairing in the entire football league, hasn't gone unnoticed.

I think this is about the third time you've bowed out of this very important debate, Dolly. Never change.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Oldest team in the league on 17:53 - Nov 15 with 1484 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Oldest team in the league on 17:51 - Nov 15 by itfcjoe

When has Nolan been rested? He’s basically started every game he’s fit for under PL.

Jesus. Bishop was rested... because, you know, he's played a lot, on the back of having lots and lots and lots of injuries.

Oldest team in the league on 17:53 - Nov 15 with 1472 viewsjayessess

Oldest team in the league on 17:51 - Nov 15 by itfcjoe

You can't cherry pick evidence from "starting lineups that Lambert has actually picked", Joe, only from hypothetical ones that he hasn't.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Oldest team in the league on 17:55 - Nov 15 with 1460 viewsHerbivore

I believe this is the point at which you'd accuse others of running away, but have a good evening.

Oldest team in the league on 17:58 - Nov 15 with 1445 viewsChutney

LOL at this thread
Oldest team in the league on 17:59 - Nov 15 with 1447 viewsitfcjoe

Oldest team in the league on 17:53 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Jesus. Bishop was rested... because, you know, he's played a lot, on the back of having lots and lots and lots of injuries.

Ok, but when has Nolan been rested - this is a player who you think it is ludicrous that he’s possibly start ahead of Bishop. We aren’t talking about Brett McGavin here - Nolan is a player the manager clearly wants to play every week

Oldest team in the league on 18:01 - Nov 15 with 1437 viewsHerbivore

Oldest team in the league on 17:59 - Nov 15 by itfcjoe

Ok, but when has Nolan been rested - this is a player who you think it is ludicrous that he’s possibly start ahead of Bishop. We aren’t talking about Brett McGavin here - Nolan is a player the manager clearly wants to play every week

Lambert's actual selections and actions aren't allowable as evidence in this debate unfortunately, you're only allowed to talk about what he would obviously hypothetically do or not do.

Oldest team in the league on 18:05 - Nov 15 with 1425 viewsNewcyBlue

Oldest team in the league on 13:51 - Nov 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

See my context post above. If everyone's fit our first choice 11 is pretty young actually.

If my aunt had bollox she would be my uncle.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Oldest team in the league on 18:05 - Nov 15 with 1425 viewsChutney

Ironically, you don't come across as someone who's flashing a smile all too often.
Oldest team in the league on 18:20 - Nov 15 with 1398 viewsJ2BLUE

Oldest team in the league on 18:05 - Nov 15 by NewcyBlue

If my aunt had bollox she would be my uncle.

That is deeply offensive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oldest team in the league on 18:21 - Nov 15 with 1395 viewsNewcyBlue

Oldest team in the league on 18:20 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

That is deeply offensive.

Sorry Aunty J

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Oldest team in the league on 18:23 - Nov 15 with 1392 viewsJ2BLUE

Oldest team in the league on 18:21 - Nov 15 by NewcyBlue

Sorry Aunty J

You're forgiven.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oldest team in the league on 19:08 - Nov 15 with 1362 viewsBlueBadger

Oldest team in the league on 17:09 - Nov 15 by Herbivore

So just to be clear the context I've introduced isn't appropriate context? Damn, I'm not very good at this!

NOT THAT CONTEXT THE OTHER CONTEXT!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024