Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 13:54 - Mar 28 with 1057 viewstextbackup

“As I’ve just said to them in the dressing room after the game, everyone looks like they’re waiting for someone else to do something. I’ve never seen a team like that.
We’ve got to have go-to players that step up to the plate and go ‘Have that, cross that onto Norwood’s head.
I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch with James Norwood but it’s something I’ve never played and you’ve got to be a very direct team to do that.
You’ve got to have wingers putting balls in the box, you’ve got to be hitting second strikers but it’s something that I don’t see us being really good at."

and at no point will a single player read this and think "you know what, i'm going to be that man to lead us out there...."

they'll all hope someone else can do it for them.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No subject on 13:57 - Mar 28 with 1013 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Hurst got slated for this type of thing.

I don't mind a bit of straight talking though, and I think PC needs a pre-season with his own team before we judge too much.

It's worrying to read this stuff from 3 consecutive managers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No subject on 13:59 - Mar 28 with 990 viewstextbackup

No subject on 13:57 - Mar 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't mind a bit of straight talking though, and I think PC needs a pre-season with his own team before we judge too much.

yeah im in no way looking to blame PC for this.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No subject on 14:24 - Mar 28 with 906 viewspatrickswell

But as was pointed out last week, Hurst’s own signings have demonstrated about one b010ck between them since they’ve been here, both with and without the tanned gnome being in the dugout.
No subject on 14:29 - Mar 28 with 871 viewsJ2BLUE

This is with lots of them out of contract and no fans in the stadium...if you're not going to have a go now then when are you?

I'd be more than happy to keep a couple of youngsters and release the rest of the out of contract players. It would be a little harsh on some but we just need a massive clear out. Sadly the one who needs to go most is the one refusing to leave. We can make a stand or we can watch the club get sicker and sicker while the wet blankets tell us Evans is a good owner or that we're damaging the club by making a stand.

I cannot believe the amount of people happy the takeover is off and defending Evans "because the new owners might be bad". Fck me, i've never despised so many of our fans as much as I do now. Perhaps we deserve this for being so passive.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No subject on 14:56 - Mar 28 with 769 viewsjayessess

Different circumstances though, isn't it?
Hurst was taking over a group of players who had run through walls for the previous guy and who were over-achieving, relative to the resources invested in them. He started laying into some of them before he'd even managed a game in the Championship.

Cook has taken over a group of players who have failed 3 seasons in a row. He's been very careful to give all of them a chance to perform for him and he's done his best not to alienate any of the senior figures in the dressing room. I don't think any of them can claim he's been unfair to them thus far. If they're not giving him what he's looking for he's well within his rights to say so publicly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No subject on 09:59 - Mar 30 with 471 viewsBlueWorldOrder

He's the manager and he's had a fair few weeks and games to bring their confidence up now. They didn't have an issue with confidence before their arrival as we were slowly climbing back up the table but we were convinced by the many that it was all the managers fault and the players were the best in the league. Now it's all the players fault and the manager can do no wrong.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024