Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you’re London based 14:26 - Dec 19 with 27130 viewsclive_baker

And planning to spend Christmas elsewhere, I would go now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If you’re London based on 18:44 - Dec 19 with 2356 viewsvapour_trail

If you’re London based on 18:40 - Dec 19 by dickie

I've got a very cynical, distrustful side to my character when it comes to Tories. Got this sneaking suspicion that stricter rules were going to be announced last minute all along - get people spending money, boost the economy then boom! clampdown!

I’m giving you a thumb up for the tune - classic.

Disagree though, this is politically damaging for Johnson, who as most people recognise, is driven purely by political consideration.

His MPs will be gunning for him early next year. This must be really bad for him to take this call. Belatedly.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If you’re London based on 19:08 - Dec 19 with 2306 viewsjudespiveyg

If you’re London based on 16:35 - Dec 19 by Ace_High1

Still think we missed a trick - from yesterday 2 week lockdown taking us to NYD. Schools closed anyway and most industries close down for most of that period.

2 weeks, like Spain had earlier in the year - you cannot leave home for ANY reason unless medical emergency.

That would stop the spread.

Call me crazy, but I would suggest that people might need to be allowed out of their homes to buy food.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If you’re London based on 20:33 - Dec 19 with 2231 viewsSpruceMoose

If you’re London based on 17:34 - Dec 19 by J2BLUE

I agree. Some will. Hopefully the lowest number possible. If 25% still go ahead, that's 75% who have taken notice and it should save a lot of transmission. Not that anyone should justify breaking the rules on the basis that most others won't; that would be incredibly stupid and selfish.

I wonder if many of the 'We were just following government advice' pub crawls and foreign holidays gang will be so eager and diligent in following this new government advice...

Downvote all you like. It's a valid question.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 20:35]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If you’re London based on 20:36 - Dec 19 with 2220 viewsvapour_trail

If you’re London based on 20:33 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

I wonder if many of the 'We were just following government advice' pub crawls and foreign holidays gang will be so eager and diligent in following this new government advice...

Downvote all you like. It's a valid question.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 20:35]

Could you link to a resource people might follow please to adhere to your standards, rather than following government guidance?

If you’re London based on 20:40 - Dec 19 with 2217 viewsSpruceMoose

If you’re London based on 20:36 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

Could you link to a resource people might follow please to adhere to your standards, rather than following government guidance?

Sure!

Don't go on a foreign holiday or a pub crawl during a pandemic.
Don't travel or mix households for Christmas during a pandemic.

Pretty simple right?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If you’re London based on 20:41 - Dec 19 with 2205 viewsvapour_trail

If you’re London based on 20:40 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

Sure!

Don't go on a foreign holiday or a pub crawl during a pandemic.
Don't travel or mix households for Christmas during a pandemic.

Pretty simple right?

If ever the banhammer was needed.

If you’re London based on 20:47 - Dec 19 with 2188 viewsSpruceMoose

If you’re London based on 20:41 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

If ever the banhammer was needed.

I should be banned for that? Don't be a drip.

If you have a problem with me saying that going on a foreign holiday, having a mixed household Christmas or going on a pub crawl during a pandemic might not be the most intelligent course of action use your words and say why.

It's easy to follow poor government advice when it's telling you that you can do something. It's much harder to follow it when it's telling you that you can't.

If you’re London based on 20:57 - Dec 19 with 2139 viewsvapour_trail

If you’re London based on 20:47 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

I should be banned for that? Don't be a drip.

If you have a problem with me saying that going on a foreign holiday, having a mixed household Christmas or going on a pub crawl during a pandemic might not be the most intelligent course of action use your words and say why.

It's easy to follow poor government advice when it's telling you that you can do something. It's much harder to follow it when it's telling you that you can't.

As per my comment on another thread, the level of understanding in other people’s circumstances on here from a very small number of you, is wearying in the extreme. This site has suffered this year. Perhaps it’s as a result of the pandemic.

I’m not willing to get into it with you, so I’m leaving it here. I don’t have the time or energy that you do to devote to this place.

From your posts it sounds that you’ve had a sh1t year. I hope next year improves for you.

Login to get fewer ads

If you’re London based on 21:02 - Dec 19 with 2105 viewsstantheman

If you’re London based on 18:43 - Dec 19 by footers

The Party of Fiscal Responsibility has enough on its plate with its beloved Brexit.

Now they've virtually cancelled Christmas they could always counteract it by cancelling Brexit as well
If you’re London based on 21:03 - Dec 19 with 2113 viewsKeaneish

On a practical level, have they given any direction on how they’re planning to prevent millions of people leaving London to go home or to a destination that was pre-planned?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If you’re London based on 21:03 - Dec 19 with 2112 viewsfooters

If you’re London based on 21:02 - Dec 19 by stantheman

Now they've virtually cancelled Christmas they could always counteract it by cancelling Brexit as well

But that would upset the turkeys who voted it for it.

I'm waiting for their Christmas next year to see what happens.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you’re London based on 21:06 - Dec 19 with 2104 viewsSpruceMoose

If you’re London based on 20:57 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

As per my comment on another thread, the level of understanding in other people’s circumstances on here from a very small number of you, is wearying in the extreme. This site has suffered this year. Perhaps it’s as a result of the pandemic.

I’m not willing to get into it with you, so I’m leaving it here. I don’t have the time or energy that you do to devote to this place.

From your posts it sounds that you’ve had a sh1t year. I hope next year improves for you.

Classic move.

Run away while making a snide comment about being too busy to reply, just to avoid giving a serious answer. Perhaps you'd have more time and energy to reply to me if you spent less of it obsessively downvoting Ryorry.

If you’re London based on 21:16 - Dec 19 with 2071 viewsStokieBlue

If you’re London based on 21:03 - Dec 19 by Keaneish

On a practical level, have they given any direction on how they’re planning to prevent millions of people leaving London to go home or to a destination that was pre-planned?

There really shouldn't be a need to stop anyone on a practical level if they have understood the implications of the press conference.

It's obviously an awful situation for many, many people though. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 21:17]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If you’re London based on 21:23 - Dec 19 with 2051 viewsvapour_trail

If you’re London based on 21:06 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

Classic move.

Run away while making a snide comment about being too busy to reply, just to avoid giving a serious answer. Perhaps you'd have more time and energy to reply to me if you spent less of it obsessively downvoting Ryorry.

I’m not running away. I don’t talk to idiots in the pub either.

If you’re London based on 21:27 - Dec 19 with 2039 viewsjeera

If you’re London based on 21:23 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

Seriously you two?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you’re London based on 21:28 - Dec 19 with 2018 views26_Paz

If you’re London based on 14:32 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

Or as an alternative stay home during a pandemic.

Just going to stay here on my own I think, not worth the hassle

The Paz Man

If you’re London based on 21:32 - Dec 19 with 2021 viewsSpruceMoose

Again, don't go to the pub - there's a pandemic on.

If you’re London based on 21:32 - Dec 19 with 2021 viewsfooters

Forgive me if I may, but I reckon you two are getting a little overwrought!

What Spruce says is applicable to most people in this situaton. There are, of course, extenuating circumstances for many, which should be welcomed. But the fact that many seek to bend/break the rules anyway really doesn't help. In fact, if more people were properly compliant then contact/access should have been easier in these circumstances a long while ago.

However, many have sought to use the government's own purposely flimsy measures to their own ends, perpetuating and worsening the situation through a lack of self-restraint, so completely understand Spruce's position too.

It isn't easy, but if those of us who can do the minimum do that, then hopefully we can allow others their time/visitation of others.

We've all lost out this year in one way or another, but some of the more frivolous actions I can't condone. We must accept the seriousness of the situation and act accordingly. That some have bent or broken every rule in the book is not helpful, especially now.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 21:34]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you’re London based on 21:36 - Dec 19 with 1996 viewsEly_Blue

Well my mum who lives in Ipswich on her own since last year when my dad died was due to spend the time with us, my wife didn’t really want her to anyway from the start and has told me so .

Once Boris announced that this afternoon it was obvious what she was going to say, but of course only tonight it is ok for my son to stay over at his girlfriends house but that’s ok with her!
My alternative is we either travel to Ipswich and back in the day, I’m the only driver and the one doing all of the cooking, the other alternative which is looking increasingly appealing right now is that I have been told I can go stay with my mum and we can break the rules together if we want and she’ll stay home with our son....... so angry right now 😤

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If you’re London based on 21:37 - Dec 19 with 1991 viewsSpruceMoose

If you’re London based on 21:27 - Dec 19 by jeera

Seriously you two?

You two? Matey popped up blubbing about how I should be banned,then ran away and then came back to call me an idiot - just because I had the temerity to suggest that there are people out there who were happy to follow obviously poor government advice so they could go on holiday, but won't be following the advice they aren't so keen on now.

Hardly controversial.

If you’re London based on 21:39 - Dec 19 with 1970 viewsvapour_trail

If you’re London based on 21:32 - Dec 19 by footers

What Spruce says is applicable to most people in this situaton. There are, of course, extenuating circumstances for many, which should be welcomed. But the fact that many seek to bend/break the rules anyway really doesn't help. In fact, if more people were properly compliant then contact/access should have been easier in these circumstances a long while ago.

However, many have sought to use the government's own purposely flimsy measures to their own ends, perpetuating and worsening the situation through a lack of self-restraint, so completely understand Spruce's position too.

It isn't easy, but if those of us who can do the minimum do that, then hopefully we can allow others their time/visitation of others.

We've all lost out this year in one way or another, but some of the more frivolous actions I can't condone. We must accept the seriousness of the situation and act accordingly. That some have bent or broken every rule in the book is not helpful, especially now.

I respectfully disagree. I think there has been incredible changes in behaviour in response to the pandemic. Fcked up communications strategies from leadership have made this even more impressive.

I don’t like it when people do this, but I’ll c&p a post I published earlier today. This is relevant to moose and a few others, you’ll know them, on here.

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas
at 20:03 19 Dec 2020

That as it may be, there’s a cohort on this board very quick to get on the case of anyone who isn’t three steps ahead of the government.

It is wearisome.

I say that as someone who is holding up through all of this. There’ll be plenty having more of a struggle. It would be good to see less sanctimony and more cutting people some slack.

If you’re London based on 21:40 - Dec 19 with 1952 viewsgazzer1999

If you’re London based on 21:37 - Dec 19 by SpruceMoose

You two? Matey popped up blubbing about how I should be banned,then ran away and then came back to call me an idiot - just because I had the temerity to suggest that there are people out there who were happy to follow obviously poor government advice so they could go on holiday, but won't be following the advice they aren't so keen on now.

Hardly controversial.

I need to go and lie down, I think I agree with you. Definitely not controversial.
If you’re London based on 21:41 - Dec 19 with 1947 viewsvapour_trail

If you’re London based on 21:32 - Dec 19 by footers

To add, he’s the second person this week to reference a supposed issue I have with a third poster.

I wonder how that’s occurred?

If you’re London based on 21:42 - Dec 19 with 1941 viewsKeaneish

If you’re London based on 21:16 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

There really shouldn't be a need to stop anyone on a practical level if they have understood the implications of the press conference.

It's obviously an awful situation for many, many people though. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 21:17]

But that would be placing a lot of faith in the good of human nature and the intelligence of people, which we both no are inherently flawed concepts. So, on a practical level, how do you enforce millions of people fleeing a metropolis without complete anarchy or martial law!? This situation is horrendous and the solutions seem so flawed, don’t they?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If you’re London based on 21:43 - Dec 19 with 1933 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 21:39 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

I respectfully disagree. I think there has been incredible changes in behaviour in response to the pandemic. Fcked up communications strategies from leadership have made this even more impressive.

I don’t like it when people do this, but I’ll c&p a post I published earlier today. This is relevant to moose and a few others, you’ll know them, on here.

Not as if some of us weren't saying Christmas
at 20:03 19 Dec 2020

That as it may be, there’s a cohort on this board very quick to get on the case of anyone who isn’t three steps ahead of the government.

It is wearisome.

I say that as someone who is holding up through all of this. There’ll be plenty having more of a struggle. It would be good to see less sanctimony and more cutting people some slack.

Big fan of yours mate but I completely disagree.

Some people (Frimley's family a tragic example) need to break the rules to do the right thing. The vast majority of others really need to minimise all risks. Judging by tv interviews a lot of people went abroad just because they could which I consider pretty stupid. Also worth remembering Spruce is living a long way from his family and hasn't jumped on a plane despite the temptation which must be there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024