Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you’re London based 14:26 - Dec 19 with 27144 viewsclive_baker

And planning to spend Christmas elsewhere, I would go now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If you’re London based on 23:32 - Dec 19 with 1844 viewsbluelagos

If you’re London based on 23:23 - Dec 19 by StNeotsBlue

I don't really understand twitter so is the guy taking the video a journo filming people leaving London or is he a hypocrite filming people leaving whilst leaving himself? If he's not a journo or an employee of a shop/ cafe at St. Pancras he's part of the problem too.

Looks to me like a Eurostar train arriving. When the Eurostar departs you don't get crowds like that even when they are full.

Assuming I am right, then it is just another example of people assuming the worst, sharing it round and everyone else getting themselves similarly worried about something that simply isn't true.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

If you’re London based on 23:34 - Dec 19 with 1833 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you’re London based on 18:19 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Once the clock strikes 12, if you're still in a tier 4 zone but not supposed to be you turn into a Tory.

SB

Only 25 minutes to go until I can do what the f#ck I like then....result!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you’re London based on 23:35 - Dec 19 with 1826 viewsSeablu

FFS.
Can’t be bothered to read the subsequent 4 pages this has generated.
I had you down as a reasonably sensible one on here.
If you’re London based on 01:45 - Dec 20 with 1745 viewsStNeotsBlue

If you’re London based on 23:32 - Dec 19 by bluelagos

Looks to me like a Eurostar train arriving. When the Eurostar departs you don't get crowds like that even when they are full.

Assuming I am right, then it is just another example of people assuming the worst, sharing it round and everyone else getting themselves similarly worried about something that simply isn't true.

That was kind of my point is this guy just stirring to get a few Internet points. Or is he a legit journo and there's a massive problem.
If you’re London based on 07:41 - Dec 20 with 1660 viewsSteve_M

If you’re London based on 23:32 - Dec 19 by bluelagos

No, that’s the East Midland line platform at STP.

Seems to be the case at Kings Cross and Paddington too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If you’re London based on 08:17 - Dec 20 with 1631 viewsTractorWood

If you’re London based on 07:41 - Dec 20 by Steve_M

No, that’s the East Midland line platform at STP.

Seems to be the case at Kings Cross and Paddington too.

It's Londoners racing back to the country and provinces, clearly. The numbers for perhaps the last 5 days have suggested the start of a third wave.

It feels bad enough for another lockdown but doing that admits that lockdown 2 achieved very little because of its leniency and the Christmas ease was totally brainless, as it has always been.

I know nobody wants to hear it but we obviously need another proper, full lockdown. This is what Deutschland and a few others in materially the same situation are doing.

The endless tiering system just delays the inevitable as people don't understand it or ignore it through months of fatigue or disillusionment. The police can't enforce the rules as they are effectively judgemental.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If you’re London based on 10:47 - Dec 20 with 1544 viewsKeaneish

If you’re London based on 08:17 - Dec 20 by TractorWood

It's Londoners racing back to the country and provinces, clearly. The numbers for perhaps the last 5 days have suggested the start of a third wave.

It feels bad enough for another lockdown but doing that admits that lockdown 2 achieved very little because of its leniency and the Christmas ease was totally brainless, as it has always been.

I know nobody wants to hear it but we obviously need another proper, full lockdown. This is what Deutschland and a few others in materially the same situation are doing.

The endless tiering system just delays the inevitable as people don't understand it or ignore it through months of fatigue or disillusionment. The police can't enforce the rules as they are effectively judgemental.

Does anyone know what the penalties are if you’re caught leaving a tier 4 zone and whether the restriction is a law or whether it’s an order? Haven’t seen anything anywhere about it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If you’re London based on 10:48 - Dec 20 with 1539 viewsfooters

If you’re London based on 10:47 - Dec 20 by Keaneish

Does anyone know what the penalties are if you’re caught leaving a tier 4 zone and whether the restriction is a law or whether it’s an order? Haven’t seen anything anywhere about it.

If only there was a way to ask the internet something in seconds. Whoever comes up with that will be a billionaire.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

If you’re London based on 10:49 - Dec 20 with 1535 viewseireblue

“Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has just issued a statement saying extra police officers will be deployed to enforce the new travel restrictions in and out of tier 4 areas.

Following images of people leaving London last night, both by rail and road, before the restrictions came into force, he urged people to "follow the guidance and please do not come to a train station unless you are permitted to travel".

"Extra British Transport Police officers are being deployed to ensure only those who need to take essential journeys can travel safely," he said.”
If you’re London based on 10:58 - Dec 20 with 1508 viewsKeaneish

If you’re London based on 10:48 - Dec 20 by footers

If only there was a way to ask the internet something in seconds. Whoever comes up with that will be a billionaire.

This is the internet...

If you’re London based on 11:21 - Dec 20 with 1475 viewsStokieBlue

It's law, it was made law last night.

Police are apparently going to enforce the movement out of tier 4:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/20/police-to-stop-people-fleeing-ne

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If you’re London based on 11:24 - Dec 20 with 1465 viewsRadlett_blue

If you’re London based on 11:21 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/dec/20/police-to-stop-people-fleeing-ne

SB

Road blocks on the borders?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you’re London based on 11:27 - Dec 20 with 1460 viewsKeaneish

If you’re London based on 11:21 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

SB

There you go Footers, an article shared for many to read in a related thread.

Thanks SB - nothing on the penalty though. I’d assume it’d be the £10,000k fine as was the case for breaking tier 3 restrictions.

If you’re London based on 12:04 - Dec 20 with 1421 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 17:02 - Dec 19 by clive_baker

My post was more in reference to the impending announcement, rather than advice, albeit poorly worded I agree.

Hugely sympathetic to those this impacts, especially those who are more lonely and vulnerable and particularly reliant on Christmas, especially with so much uncertainty so late in the day. It’s felt entirely avoidable. Given the data it’s for the best though.

There are also some in really desperate situations like this though - highlights how this shower of sh1te masquerading as a government continually fail to think things through, or even worse, just act out of political expedience -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you’re London based on 12:11 - Dec 20 with 1403 viewsAce_High1

If you’re London based on 12:04 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

There are also some in really desperate situations like this though - highlights how this shower of sh1te masquerading as a government continually fail to think things through, or even worse, just act out of political expedience -

Can they not form a care bubble with her though and then they could sort that out?

I am not excusing the shambles of a Government, just saying there are areas in the rules to allow for that?
If you’re London based on 12:14 - Dec 20 with 1393 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 12:11 - Dec 20 by Ace_High1

Can they not form a care bubble with her though and then they could sort that out?

I am not excusing the shambles of a Government, just saying there are areas in the rules to allow for that?

Could you point out those rules to me pls Ace, and I'll then post it on that tweeter's thread, thanks.

If you’re London based on 13:24 - Dec 20 with 1349 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 12:04 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

It's a horrible situation for their family, but she's incorrect about the chances of sorting a delivery being nil. I had two Amazon Fresh deliveries yesterday, both of which were booked the day before. I did this because I couldn't get a supermarket one.

You can also get groceries delivered by the Co-Op via Deliveroo. People need to think outside the box a bit.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 13:25]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If you’re London based on 13:32 - Dec 20 with 1327 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 13:24 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's a horrible situation for their family, but she's incorrect about the chances of sorting a delivery being nil. I had two Amazon Fresh deliveries yesterday, both of which were booked the day before. I did this because I couldn't get a supermarket one.

You can also get groceries delivered by the Co-Op via Deliveroo. People need to think outside the box a bit.

And the carers?

I think she's making a point putting it on Twitter. The obvious answer is just do what she was going to do.

There are some genuine cases like this of people needing to break the rules. It's a small number overall and if they are sensible it won't make any difference as long as those of us who can stick to the rules do so.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you’re London based on 13:36 - Dec 20 with 1318 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 13:24 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're in London, the 85 year old is in Birmingham (and possibly doesn't have internet access).

If you’re London based on 13:41 - Dec 20 with 1306 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 13:36 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

You're in London, the 85 year old is in Birmingham (and possibly doesn't have internet access).

You can order for other people. Whether she is capable of answering the door and bringing the shopping in etc is another matter. Also she has no carers. This is purely down to Boris being incompetent. We could all see this coming a mile away.

Truly impaired.

If you’re London based on 13:41 - Dec 20 with 1304 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 13:32 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

And the carers?

I think she's making a point putting it on Twitter. The obvious answer is just do what she was going to do.

There are some genuine cases like this of people needing to break the rules. It's a small number overall and if they are sensible it won't make any difference as long as those of us who can stick to the rules do so.

Yes I agree she must carry on with the plans if her mother is housebound, has no carers and no food. It's common sense... but it's also covered by essential travel I'd have thought.

If you’re London based on 13:43 - Dec 20 with 1298 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 13:36 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

As J2 says others with internet can order for her. Not sure what me being in London has to do with it?

If you’re London based on 13:46 - Dec 20 with 1291 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 13:41 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

You can order for other people. Whether she is capable of answering the door and bringing the shopping in etc is another matter. Also she has no carers. This is purely down to Boris being incompetent. We could all see this coming a mile away.

I was thinking that Amazon is probably more geared to speedy responses & availability of couriers in London than anywhere in the UK. No idea whether the other service TFS mentioned is available outside London, I'd not heard of them before & maybe the family in question haven't either.

You make a good point about whether the old lady's able to open the door & bring shopping in herself tho.

If you’re London based on 13:48 - Dec 20 with 1282 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 13:46 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

I was thinking that Amazon is probably more geared to speedy responses & availability of couriers in London than anywhere in the UK. No idea whether the other service TFS mentioned is available outside London, I'd not heard of them before & maybe the family in question haven't either.

You make a good point about whether the old lady's able to open the door & bring shopping in herself tho.

No they have Amazon, Deliveroo etc. in Birmingham too.

If you’re London based on 13:48 - Dec 20 with 1280 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 13:46 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Agree on Amazon Fresh. I don't think it's available in Ipswich. Birmingham though? Probably. If not there will certainly be some sort of delivery service on Deliveroo. As you say they might not know that though.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024