Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you’re London based 14:26 - Dec 19 with 27071 viewsclive_baker

And planning to spend Christmas elsewhere, I would go now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If you’re London based on 13:50 - Dec 20 with 1965 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 13:48 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

No they have Amazon, Deliveroo etc. in Birmingham too.

Not sure which part of "I was thinking that Amazon is probably more geared to speedy responses & availability of couriers in London than anywhere in the UK" you don't get.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you’re London based on 13:50 - Dec 20 with 1965 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 13:48 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

Agree on Amazon Fresh. I don't think it's available in Ipswich. Birmingham though? Probably. If not there will certainly be some sort of delivery service on Deliveroo. As you say they might not know that though.

My girlfriend's family live in Birmingham, I can assure you both they have Amazon Fresh and Deliveroo there.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If you’re London based on 13:52 - Dec 20 with 1959 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 13:50 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Not sure which part of "I was thinking that Amazon is probably more geared to speedy responses & availability of couriers in London than anywhere in the UK" you don't get.

Amazon's responses in Birmingham are no different to London. You can get next day delivery if you have Amazon Prime. You seem to be looking for a row, I'm just pointing out the facts that her food delivery options are not zero.

If you’re London based on 14:11 - Dec 20 with 1929 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 13:50 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

My girlfriend's family live in Birmingham, I can assure you both they have Amazon Fresh and Deliveroo there.

Good stuff. Assumed Amazon were there as it's a big city and anything we have here like Deliveroo is guaranteed to be in bigger cities obviously.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you’re London based on 14:23 - Dec 20 with 1907 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 13:52 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Amazon's responses in Birmingham are no different to London. You can get next day delivery if you have Amazon Prime. You seem to be looking for a row, I'm just pointing out the facts that her food delivery options are not zero.

Classic Ryorry - has facts pointed out to her and just downarrows and disappears.

If you’re London based on 14:27 - Dec 20 with 1897 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 14:11 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

Good stuff. Assumed Amazon were there as it's a big city and anything we have here like Deliveroo is guaranteed to be in bigger cities obviously.

Indeed. I'm not sure why Ryorry's upset that someone knows something she doesn't. I don't want to belittle what is obviously a horrible situation for that family, I was just pointing out that food delivery options in Birmingham are not "nil."

Instead of getting upset with me, maybe Ryorry could pass this information onto the person on twitter so she can make alternative arrangements.

If you’re London based on 14:31 - Dec 20 with 1882 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 14:11 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

Happy to say the OP has tweeted that she's been able to organise care, and the food situation also sorted - including numerous offers of help flooding onto that thread from Brummies & others as far as 20 miles away offering to shop etc.

The HMG rules pointing out that it's legal to go & support vulnerable people in that kind of situation were also posted, tho the OP's obviously chosen not to go down that route (maybe thinking it could be risky to bring a vulnerable person onto a tier-4 area, dunno).

If you’re London based on 14:31 - Dec 20 with 1881 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 14:27 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Indeed. I'm not sure why Ryorry's upset that someone knows something she doesn't. I don't want to belittle what is obviously a horrible situation for that family, I was just pointing out that food delivery options in Birmingham are not "nil."

Instead of getting upset with me, maybe Ryorry could pass this information onto the person on twitter so she can make alternative arrangements.

You're both right. You obviously know what's going on in London and Birmingham. Ryorry and I don't live in a big city so weren't sure if Amazon Fresh was something that was established or in the process of being rolled out. Most of these things seem to start in London then gradually spread out. As for Deliveroo, I doubt Ryorry has ever used it.

Now kiss and make up or i'll bash your heads together*

*Once you've both masked up and gone either side of an anti-covid screen.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

If you’re London based on 14:33 - Dec 20 with 1868 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 14:31 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Happy to say the OP has tweeted that she's been able to organise care, and the food situation also sorted - including numerous offers of help flooding onto that thread from Brummies & others as far as 20 miles away offering to shop etc.

The HMG rules pointing out that it's legal to go & support vulnerable people in that kind of situation were also posted, tho the OP's obviously chosen not to go down that route (maybe thinking it could be risky to bring a vulnerable person onto a tier-4 area, dunno).

Great stuff.

Now for your Christmas miracle Ryorry as I admit that maybe, just maybe, Twitter does have its positive uses...

Although they are few and far between...

Truly impaired.

If you’re London based on 14:35 - Dec 20 with 1860 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 14:31 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

You're both right. You obviously know what's going on in London and Birmingham. Ryorry and I don't live in a big city so weren't sure if Amazon Fresh was something that was established or in the process of being rolled out. Most of these things seem to start in London then gradually spread out. As for Deliveroo, I doubt Ryorry has ever used it.

Now kiss and make up or i'll bash your heads together*

*Once you've both masked up and gone either side of an anti-covid screen.

The difference is you listened to and accepted the information from someone with more knowledge, she got unnecessarily arsey.

If you’re London based on 14:38 - Dec 20 with 1848 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 14:27 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Your ability to turn black into white & v.v., then start a row about it, is truly legendary.

All I actually did was wonder whether the same speed and availability of couriers was available in Birmingham as in London.

I then went away for for 10-15 mins, in order to catch up with the Twitter thread in question (which now has thousands of replies) & see if any solutions had been found, & you accuse me of "running away" You're hilarious!

^edited for grammar
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:40]

If you’re London based on 14:44 - Dec 20 with 1828 viewsjeera

If you’re London based on 10:48 - Dec 20 by footers

If only there was a way to ask the internet something in seconds. Whoever comes up with that will be a billionaire.

Ask Jeeves.

It's the go-to for all things everything.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you’re London based on 14:47 - Dec 20 with 1822 viewsJ2BLUE

If you’re London based on 14:44 - Dec 20 by jeera

Ask Jeeves.

It's the go-to for all things everything.

Jeera dials up the internet and asks jeeves how to check his Bebo messages.

Truly impaired.

If you’re London based on 14:50 - Dec 20 with 1814 viewsfooters

If you’re London based on 14:47 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

Jeera dials up the internet and asks jeeves how to check his Bebo messages.

Bebo? Woah there, buddy. Jeera's a good man.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you’re London based on 16:29 - Dec 20 with 1736 viewsRadlett_blue

If you’re London based on 08:17 - Dec 20 by TractorWood

It's Londoners racing back to the country and provinces, clearly. The numbers for perhaps the last 5 days have suggested the start of a third wave.

It feels bad enough for another lockdown but doing that admits that lockdown 2 achieved very little because of its leniency and the Christmas ease was totally brainless, as it has always been.

I know nobody wants to hear it but we obviously need another proper, full lockdown. This is what Deutschland and a few others in materially the same situation are doing.

The endless tiering system just delays the inevitable as people don't understand it or ignore it through months of fatigue or disillusionment. The police can't enforce the rules as they are effectively judgemental.

what is the purpose of another full lockdown (which we pretty much have in everything but name)as a Western style lockdown will not eliminate the virus.? You can't lock people down indefinitely, as the impacts on other aspects of health & the financial impact effectively cause widespread suffering.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you’re London based on 17:06 - Dec 20 with 1711 viewsStokieBlue

If you’re London based on 16:29 - Dec 20 by Radlett_blue

what is the purpose of another full lockdown (which we pretty much have in everything but name)as a Western style lockdown will not eliminate the virus.? You can't lock people down indefinitely, as the impacts on other aspects of health & the financial impact effectively cause widespread suffering.

Whilst it can't eliminate the virus it does keep the spread in check. C19 has an R of between 2 and 3.4 (and you can add another 0.4 now with the new strain) if left unchecked.

The NHS would be overwhelmed within a week if it was left unchecked thus the lockdowns are needed to dam that growth every so often. They aren't perfect but the alternative is pretty awful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If you’re London based on 19:11 - Dec 20 with 1631 viewsMelford

If you’re London based on 14:31 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Getting the food may not be the real issue though, if she has carers and is of that age she may be unable to cook for herself, even feed herself. A box of food being delivered may not be a lot of use if she is unable to do anything with it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

If you’re London based on 19:20 - Dec 20 with 1618 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 14:38 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Your ability to turn black into white & v.v., then start a row about it, is truly legendary.

All I actually did was wonder whether the same speed and availability of couriers was available in Birmingham as in London.

I then went away for for 10-15 mins, in order to catch up with the Twitter thread in question (which now has thousands of replies) & see if any solutions had been found, & you accuse me of "running away" You're hilarious!

^edited for grammar
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:40]

It's not me starting a row (and I've no idea what v.v. means). You didn't just wonder about the speed and availability - you made a snidey dig at me about it; "Not sure which part of blah blah blah you don't get."

All I did was offer information which you downarrowed and got arsey about.

Funny how often people accuse you of running away but you're actually just busy with other things. I guess I'm just privileged it wasn't walking the mutt this time.

If you’re London based on 19:28 - Dec 20 with 1591 viewsPinewoodblue

If you’re London based on 17:06 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

Whilst it can't eliminate the virus it does keep the spread in check. C19 has an R of between 2 and 3.4 (and you can add another 0.4 now with the new strain) if left unchecked.

The NHS would be overwhelmed within a week if it was left unchecked thus the lockdowns are needed to dam that growth every so often. They aren't perfect but the alternative is pretty awful.

SB

Suspect in the hardest hit areas NHS is already at breaking point.

A friend, a few days ago, was woken up at 10 pm and transferred from Peterborough Hospital to Hinchingbrook as they needed the bed. He had been there five weeks, tumour on his spine which only came to light when he collapsed paralyzed from waist down. So much haste that they sent his personal possessions down by taxi the next day.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If you’re London based on 19:47 - Dec 20 with 1564 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 19:20 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's not me starting a row (and I've no idea what v.v. means). You didn't just wonder about the speed and availability - you made a snidey dig at me about it; "Not sure which part of blah blah blah you don't get."

All I did was offer information which you downarrowed and got arsey about.

Funny how often people accuse you of running away but you're actually just busy with other things. I guess I'm just privileged it wasn't walking the mutt this time.

Any objective person reading the thread can see exactly what happened.

Your missing what I said, & my saying that I wasn't sure what it was about me wondering whether courier servicees were as speedy/well-staffed in Brum as in London, that you didn't get, probably wasn't the most tactfully phrased, but it certainly wasn't anything like "arsey". That was the word you used to describe it in your reply, followed by you also stating that my using it was somehow "creating a row". No it wasn't, but you then created a row out of it.

You again followed up by accusing me of "running away". I pointed out that I'd gone to read the twitter thread for 20 minutes or so, in order to post an update.

You then disappeared for several hours - and returned just now to again accuse me of "running away" - because I'd earlier been gone a whole 30 minutes to read the 20,000+post long twitter thread & post an update of it here.

**Please please please** put me back on ignore 🙏

If you’re London based on 20:00 - Dec 20 with 1534 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 19:47 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

Any objective person reading the thread can see exactly what happened.

Your missing what I said, & my saying that I wasn't sure what it was about me wondering whether courier servicees were as speedy/well-staffed in Brum as in London, that you didn't get, probably wasn't the most tactfully phrased, but it certainly wasn't anything like "arsey". That was the word you used to describe it in your reply, followed by you also stating that my using it was somehow "creating a row". No it wasn't, but you then created a row out of it.

You again followed up by accusing me of "running away". I pointed out that I'd gone to read the twitter thread for 20 minutes or so, in order to post an update.

You then disappeared for several hours - and returned just now to again accuse me of "running away" - because I'd earlier been gone a whole 30 minutes to read the 20,000+post long twitter thread & post an update of it here.

**Please please please** put me back on ignore 🙏

However you want to phrase it ("probably wasn't the most tactfully phrased" or "arsey") the fact remains that the thread was perfectly convivial up to that point. You could've just apologised for it and left it there.

It certainly shows that it was not me who started any row.

The reason I accused you of running away was more due to the fact that you down-arrowed everything I posted rather than reply to the points. If people just down-arrow stuff and not reply to facts, then obviously it will look like running away, unable to answer.

I went for a walk. I didn't realise this conversation was continuing and I had any need to be here.

It's also weird that you're asking me to put you back on ignore, given it's you who claims to put me on ignore on a regular basis.

Maybe just apologise for what you yourself acknowledge was tactless and we can forget this whole sorry episode. All I was doing was pointing out this woman does have other options for food deliveries. I didn't expect to get questioned about it.

If you’re London based on 20:19 - Dec 20 with 1505 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 20:00 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

However you want to phrase it ("probably wasn't the most tactfully phrased" or "arsey") the fact remains that the thread was perfectly convivial up to that point. You could've just apologised for it and left it there.

It certainly shows that it was not me who started any row.

The reason I accused you of running away was more due to the fact that you down-arrowed everything I posted rather than reply to the points. If people just down-arrow stuff and not reply to facts, then obviously it will look like running away, unable to answer.

I went for a walk. I didn't realise this conversation was continuing and I had any need to be here.

It's also weird that you're asking me to put you back on ignore, given it's you who claims to put me on ignore on a regular basis.

Maybe just apologise for what you yourself acknowledge was tactless and we can forget this whole sorry episode. All I was doing was pointing out this woman does have other options for food deliveries. I didn't expect to get questioned about it.

You obviously haven't grasped that I down-arrow so much of what you post because
1. It's simply false and
2. I simply can't be arsed to waste any more time actually writing anything to you because I know from bitter experience that you'll simply distort the facts (as you have done here) and then continue arguing for hours/days/weeks. You're small potatoes & just not worth it.

If you’re London based on 20:23 - Dec 20 with 1483 viewsSpruceMoose

If you’re London based on 13:52 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

As a neutral, having a casual read on the bog, I determine that this is the post where the argument begins. I don't think Ryorry had said anything before this point to warrant such a frosty response from you Flasher! Sorry, but VAR rules against you on this occasion!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 20:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If you’re London based on 20:25 - Dec 20 with 1476 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you’re London based on 20:19 - Dec 20 by Ryorry

You obviously haven't grasped that I down-arrow so much of what you post because
1. It's simply false and
2. I simply can't be arsed to waste any more time actually writing anything to you because I know from bitter experience that you'll simply distort the facts (as you have done here) and then continue arguing for hours/days/weeks. You're small potatoes & just not worth it.

I'd love you to explain what I've posted in this thread that's false. I'd also love to know what facts I've distorted.

If you’re London based on 20:31 - Dec 20 with 1460 viewsRyorry

If you’re London based on 20:25 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd love you to explain what I've posted in this thread that's false. I'd also love to know what facts I've distorted.

Log out, go away for a while, come back and read the thread as a neutral outsider would - if you can. Or ask your gf to read it.

I'm off to make a pint of tea & watch SPOTY - as long as that's alright with you of course.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024