Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? 10:59 - Mar 10 with 3605 viewsHemelBlue

Completely hypothetical but...

If we give PC a few games to implement his ideas, would you take a game at the end of the season at Portman Road vs Norwich, winner takes all.

By that, I mean that if we win, both clubs start next season in the Championship. If they win, they go up, we stay in l1. If it is a draw it is the status quo which is probably them going up and us staying put.

I appreciate it’s a bit of nonsense but the press seem to be noshing them off and I think with a few fans back in the ground we could *could* beat them. They’re not that great, as last year proved.
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:02 - Mar 10 with 3163 viewspointofblue

They’re wholly reliant on Pukki and Buendia, who are below average Premier League players at best hence they fell apart in 19/20. Saying that they’re still way ahead of us. We’ll play them again in the league when we deserve to do so but I don’t know how far into the future that will be.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:04 - Mar 10 with 3148 viewshaynes_toe1

They're on course to get 100 points in the league above.

All their young players have improved again, and if they keep hold of them will be much better equipped for the PL. I expect them to be in a relegation battle next season but with every possibility ot staying up.

They're on a completely different level to us so i'd much rather us try our luck in the play-offs at League One level than against an all-but-in-name Premier League side.
They'd batter us about 16-0. (n/t) on 11:04 - Mar 10 with 3146 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:10 - Mar 10 with 3115 viewsSomethingBlue

They would thrash us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:11 - Mar 10 with 3115 viewsFtnfwest

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:02 - Mar 10 by pointofblue

They’re wholly reliant on Pukki and Buendia, who are below average Premier League players at best hence they fell apart in 19/20. Saying that they’re still way ahead of us. We’ll play them again in the league when we deserve to do so but I don’t know how far into the future that will be.

They are clearly ahead of the championship field (and us of course) but team wise i'd say are weaker or certainly no better than when they last went up. The Championship was a lot stronger last season than this and although they would without doubt have at least made the playoffs even in that season, they wouldn't be comfortably ahead as they are now. Maybe they'll spend big this time to stay in the prem, who knows.....(or cares)
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:17 - Mar 10 with 3090 viewsMeadowlark

We can't even beat teams in this league, so how anyone thinks we have a hope in hell even if we scrape into the play-offs, I don't know?
As for beating the budgies. Not a chance.

I like the confidence, but give it a few more seasons.....
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:17 - Mar 10 with 3092 viewsJ2BLUE

No. Nearly two decades of having a hand tied behind our back by Evans is going to take some time to reverse.

We would lose heavily. They are the best team in the Championship. We are currently pretty average in league one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:20 - Mar 10 with 3079 viewshaynes_toe1

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:17 - Mar 10 by Meadowlark

We can't even beat teams in this league, so how anyone thinks we have a hope in hell even if we scrape into the play-offs, I don't know?
As for beating the budgies. Not a chance.

I like the confidence, but give it a few more seasons.....

I do find this forum bizarre.

As soon as a new manager comes in they're instantly the messiah. Until they're not, and then they're the devil incarnate.

Paul Cook has come in and so far, changed naff all in terms of performances on the pitch. That's not a criticism because he's not been here long, it's an observation. But suddenly, according to the OP, Cook is that good that with a few more games under his belt we should start taking on the leaders of the league above.

It's absolutely mental.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:58 - Mar 10 with 3007 viewsdavblue

they are light years ahead of us. It's not even nearly close at the minute unfortunately.
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:59 - Mar 10 with 2999 viewsRegencyBlue

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:17 - Mar 10 by J2BLUE

No. Nearly two decades of having a hand tied behind our back by Evans is going to take some time to reverse.

We would lose heavily. They are the best team in the Championship. We are currently pretty average in league one.

Agree with that.

They have moved forward whilst we have moved backwards under Evans. We will continue to do so whilst he remains.
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 18:00 - Mar 10 with 2755 viewsHARRY10

that reminds me of when I challenged Prince Charles to a winner takes all fight

I win I get all he owns, he wins he gets all I own

can't think why he turned me down
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 23:08 - Mar 10 with 2533 viewsHemelBlue

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 11:20 - Mar 10 by haynes_toe1

I do find this forum bizarre.

As soon as a new manager comes in they're instantly the messiah. Until they're not, and then they're the devil incarnate.

Paul Cook has come in and so far, changed naff all in terms of performances on the pitch. That's not a criticism because he's not been here long, it's an observation. But suddenly, according to the OP, Cook is that good that with a few more games under his belt we should start taking on the leaders of the league above.

It's absolutely mental.

I never said we are at their level or *would* beat them, but I would take it as a spin of the wheel to try to get something out of the season. Bear in mind they have lost to average teams during this season. So I would take the gamble at long odds. I did say it was nonsense so if you’re going to reply to the thread, there is no need for the incredulity.

Plus, they’re Norwich, not Man City, and they always have it in them to bottle it because deep down they are a weak ass club
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 23:10 - Mar 10 with 2525 viewsHemelBlue

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 18:00 - Mar 10 by HARRY10

that reminds me of when I challenged Prince Charles to a winner takes all fight

I win I get all he owns, he wins he gets all I own

can't think why he turned me down

So you would take this gamble then? Cool, me too
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 23:15 - Mar 10 with 2511 viewsbournemouthblue

What exactly is in it for Nodge besides sending us for a Cricket Score?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 23:33 - Mar 10 with 2490 viewswkj

Norwich aren't even our closes rivals geographically at the moment, we're our own biggest rivals. If we can beat the shackles of our past 15 years, we might just go somewhere. Footballing terms though, we thoroughly deserve to be where we are at the moment - as do Norwich.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 23:44 - Mar 10 with 2473 viewsdominiciawful

Somebody on WotB (Wánking off the Brother) will have spotted this and they'll be laughing at us.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 02:15 - Mar 11 with 2417 viewsitfctilidie

We are struggling to get in the playoffs in a league below with average players whereas they are top of the league above with some very good players so to answer your questions - no absolutely not we are miles off their standard at the minute
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 04:07 - Mar 11 with 2388 viewsHARRY10

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 23:10 - Mar 10 by HemelBlue

So you would take this gamble then? Cool, me too

err no, I was actually laughing at the total absurdity of it all
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 07:54 - Mar 11 with 2255 viewsFunge

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 04:07 - Mar 11 by HARRY10

err no, I was actually laughing at the total absurdity of it all

Were you stamping your little feet, Harry?
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 12:40 - Mar 11 with 2076 viewshaynes_toe1

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 23:08 - Mar 10 by HemelBlue

I never said we are at their level or *would* beat them, but I would take it as a spin of the wheel to try to get something out of the season. Bear in mind they have lost to average teams during this season. So I would take the gamble at long odds. I did say it was nonsense so if you’re going to reply to the thread, there is no need for the incredulity.

Plus, they’re Norwich, not Man City, and they always have it in them to bottle it because deep down they are a weak ass club

Lol, why would you gamble that vs maybe like play-offs in our own division?

Why would they take it? They're already going to get 100 points and win the league at a canter.

Of course they're not Man City although only last week I note the Luton Manager called Norwich "The Man City" of the championship.

I don't hate Norwich like, obviously and understandably, most do on here. Spent too much time with Norwich supporting friends and fell out of love with Ipswich more recently. Objectively your post was worse than nonsense.
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 14:42 - Mar 11 with 2018 viewsHemelBlue

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 12:40 - Mar 11 by haynes_toe1

Lol, why would you gamble that vs maybe like play-offs in our own division?

Why would they take it? They're already going to get 100 points and win the league at a canter.

Of course they're not Man City although only last week I note the Luton Manager called Norwich "The Man City" of the championship.

I don't hate Norwich like, obviously and understandably, most do on here. Spent too much time with Norwich supporting friends and fell out of love with Ipswich more recently. Objectively your post was worse than nonsense.

But also, Luton beat them twice earlier in the season 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Where did I ask if they would take it? I asked if we would take it. I don’t care about their hopes and dreams. Obviously they would not take it in their current position which is all the more reason to inflict it on them..

And why would I take it? It’s an immediate playoff final against a team Luton beat twicenearlier this season and Luton are %#^*.

Take the risk of being thrashed for the improved possibility of being promoted. Losing the opportunity would not bother me, nor losing to them in particular (don’t care what they think), I would just take the opportunity to advance our club. The fact that an offer of an immediate playoff final at home vs a smaller club is turned down shows how far our confidence has receded.

But then you say you basically don’t mind Norwich and don’t really support Ipswich which, objectively, is worse-than-worse-than nonsense to say on TWTD.
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 17:14 - Mar 11 with 1944 viewshaynes_toe1

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 14:42 - Mar 11 by HemelBlue

But also, Luton beat them twice earlier in the season 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Where did I ask if they would take it? I asked if we would take it. I don’t care about their hopes and dreams. Obviously they would not take it in their current position which is all the more reason to inflict it on them..

And why would I take it? It’s an immediate playoff final against a team Luton beat twicenearlier this season and Luton are %#^*.

Take the risk of being thrashed for the improved possibility of being promoted. Losing the opportunity would not bother me, nor losing to them in particular (don’t care what they think), I would just take the opportunity to advance our club. The fact that an offer of an immediate playoff final at home vs a smaller club is turned down shows how far our confidence has receded.

But then you say you basically don’t mind Norwich and don’t really support Ipswich which, objectively, is worse-than-worse-than nonsense to say on TWTD.

Luton are considerably better than us.

A 5 second google online suggests Norwich played a lot of fringe players against Luton earlier in the season. Even the best teams lose one or two games (see Man City start of season).

Again, I'd much rather fancy us against a league one play off team than a team top of the championship who happen to us also be our rivals.
Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 19:10 - Mar 11 with 1867 viewsHemelBlue

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 17:14 - Mar 11 by haynes_toe1

Luton are considerably better than us.

A 5 second google online suggests Norwich played a lot of fringe players against Luton earlier in the season. Even the best teams lose one or two games (see Man City start of season).

Again, I'd much rather fancy us against a league one play off team than a team top of the championship who happen to us also be our rivals.

Fringe players? In the cup maybe but in a league game? Jog on. At least when my posts have a nonsense premise, i acknowledge it.

We’re currently outside the playoff places including points per game, form, etc so we may not get a the other option. And them being rivals does not make the task harder for us - it’s a leveller. I’m offering a home playoff final and no-one has enough faith to brave it. Maybe a silly post, sure but I’m genuinely surprised and a bit disappointed that we have so little faith
They'd batter us about 16-0. (n/t) on 19:37 - Mar 11 with 1847 viewsVic

They'd batter us about 16-0. (n/t) on 11:04 - Mar 10 by Bloots

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 20:21 - Mar 11 with 1810 viewshaynes_toe1

Would you take an all-or-nothing derby? on 19:10 - Mar 11 by HemelBlue

Fringe players? In the cup maybe but in a league game? Jog on. At least when my posts have a nonsense premise, i acknowledge it.

We’re currently outside the playoff places including points per game, form, etc so we may not get a the other option. And them being rivals does not make the task harder for us - it’s a leveller. I’m offering a home playoff final and no-one has enough faith to brave it. Maybe a silly post, sure but I’m genuinely surprised and a bit disappointed that we have so little faith

Posters would have faith it was even vaguely even. Every single one of their starting eleven are comprehensively better than the opposing one on our team, and their coaches are better.

Anyway, I'm not really all that interested in arguing about Norwich but it turns out they had 7 or something first team players out in the league game against Luton. Not that its even vaguely relevant because they're comfortably the best team in that division and we're not even the best in the league below.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024