Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Cook employed his mates as coaches 21:48 - Aug 17 with 4482 viewsgtsb1966

I was slightly concerned. I'm even more concerned now.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 3178 viewsBloots

....since day one.

Our coaching team is incredibly weak.

I'm really not sure what effect Jeffers, Roberts and that other bloke are going to have on the training ground week in week out.

There seems to be a distinct lack of tactical awareness, and Cook has seemed more intent on surrounding himself with his drinking buddies than improving the performances.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:08 - Aug 17 with 3088 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 21:56 - Aug 17 by Bloots

....since day one.

I'm really not sure what effect Jeffers, Roberts and that other bloke are going to have on the training ground week in week out.

There seems to be a distinct lack of tactical awareness, and Cook has seemed more intent on surrounding himself with his drinking buddies than improving the performances.

I have seen nothing tactically from Cook's management team that makes me think we will have a 'team' anytime soon.

Individual performances are not good at the moment, with the odd exception.

6 injuries....where have i read that before??

Concerning sadly
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:09 - Aug 17 with 3071 viewschicoazul

....since day one.

Imagine the banter though. Those scallies sure do love a wind up!!11!1!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

When Cook employed his mates as coaches on 22:11 - Aug 17 with 3056 viewsSomethingBlue

Have alluded to this on another thread but when I look at all the changes, and upscaling, that have happened around ITFC since April there is one rather important area that for me doesn't seem to have kept pace ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

When Cook employed his mates as coaches on 22:12 - Aug 17 with 2990 viewsBeckets

When Cook employed his mates as coaches on 22:11 - Aug 17 by SomethingBlue

Have alluded to this on another thread but when I look at all the changes, and upscaling, that have happened around ITFC since April there is one rather important area that for me doesn't seem to have kept pace ...

The coaching of the defence appears non existent.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:13 - Aug 17 with 2980 viewsBlueBadger

....since day one.

Yeah, but he cleared out the last of Mick's Men though.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 22:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When Cook employed his mates as coaches on 22:14 - Aug 17 with 2936 viewstimothyeo

Said Cook has been a failure since he arrived here. Offered nothing so far. Takes a loss to Cheltenham for people to accept it.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:16 - Aug 17 with 2898 viewsLankHenners

....since day one.

Since he said it I haven’t been able to get the clip of Cook saying ‘he loves his football’ in response to a question about what Craney brings to the staff out of my brain.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:16 - Aug 17 with 2905 viewsitfcjoe

....since day one.

There isn’t a quality coach in there, with experience of setting a team up in a defensive manner - obviously don’t know the dynamic but it looks badly missing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:18 - Aug 17 with 2851 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:16 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

There isn’t a quality coach in there, with experience of setting a team up in a defensive manner - obviously don’t know the dynamic but it looks badly missing

Is it hubris on the part of Cook because former coaches of his have gone on to better things he thinks he can work with novices and get success
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:21 - Aug 17 with 2800 viewsSteve_M

....since day one.

It’s telling that it set pieces improved when Gill stepped up last season and then faded away again afterwards. The logical conclusion is that Gill got time to work on them in training in a way we didn’t before after that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When Cook employed his mates as coaches on 22:21 - Aug 17 with 2796 viewsistanblue

Relying on a kitman and ex-baker to coach the team was always going to be a total disaster.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:44 - Aug 17 with 2656 viewstimothyeo

Thing is people pointed this out very fairly at the time and were abused on here for doing so.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:54 - Aug 17 with 2567 viewsHARRY10

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:44 - Aug 17 by timothyeo

Thing is people pointed this out very fairly at the time and were abused on here for doing so.

Emperors clothes, and all that ...
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:59 - Aug 17 with 2524 viewstimothyeo

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:54 - Aug 17 by HARRY10

Emperors clothes, and all that ...

I get it, but the sort of stupid responses i've had from Makin, The Flashing Smile etc, it's just a bit too much for showing concern about aspects that have quite clearly not been good enough.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:00 - Aug 17 with 2513 viewsN2_Blue

Hate to say It Joe but i fully agree with you here. And this is exactly when an experienced number 2 and coaches are needed. When the managers decisions/ideas are not working he needs and experienced man to bounce ideas off and new plans.

I was behind Cook and all he was doing but his management team didn't leave me enthused. Now i have serious concerns.

My support is beginning to waiver and i was one of Cook's biggest fans. I'm feeling really sad about it currently.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:10 - Aug 17 with 2443 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:00 - Aug 17 by N2_Blue

Hate to say It Joe but i fully agree with you here. And this is exactly when an experienced number 2 and coaches are needed. When the managers decisions/ideas are not working he needs and experienced man to bounce ideas off and new plans.

I was behind Cook and all he was doing but his management team didn't leave me enthused. Now i have serious concerns.

My support is beginning to waiver and i was one of Cook's biggest fans. I'm feeling really sad about it currently.

It was a concern for me, just because it seems such the antithesis of what we are doing elsewhere with regards to highly qualified people.

Roberts is older than Chambers and Skuse were, and playing at lower levels but got no badges yet - why? Does he have the desire to be a coach? Some players are doing them in their mid twenties

Craney has been covered but again isn’t someone who has shown a desire to coach

Jeffers has a decent experience level, and a good next step for him

But where are those that have strived to be coaches, that are students of the game etc?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:25 - Aug 17 with 2353 viewsN2_Blue

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:10 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

It was a concern for me, just because it seems such the antithesis of what we are doing elsewhere with regards to highly qualified people.

Roberts is older than Chambers and Skuse were, and playing at lower levels but got no badges yet - why? Does he have the desire to be a coach? Some players are doing them in their mid twenties

But where are those that have strived to be coaches, that are students of the game etc?

Does Roberts really have no badges? That’s inexcusable.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:30 - Aug 17 with 2311 viewsSuffolktractor

Whilst I agree with what you say. We lost tonight due to lack of fight and desire compared to the opposition.
This is not down to coaching, but is totally inexcusable from the team and management.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:32 - Aug 17 with 2296 viewsRyorry

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 22:59 - Aug 17 by timothyeo

I get it, but the sort of stupid responses i've had from Makin, The Flashing Smile etc, it's just a bit too much for showing concern about aspects that have quite clearly not been good enough.

Tbf, it's perfectly reasonable that with a pretty much brand new squad, owners, infrastructure etc etc., people ask for patience & are prepared to give the manager time to sort out his starting 11 (and we've had injuries + some new signings haven't even played yet) - not to mention formation, tactics etc.

A couple of people have also mentioned players' physical fitness fading quickly tonight, & our revamped sports science dept. has barely had time to get going.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:32 - Aug 17 with 2291 viewspointofblue

I wonder if a quick fix might be to ask Butcher to return as second in command. He's someone who has been a manager so therefore has been through the ups and downs, has defensive knowledge and might be able to lend an ear to Cook and perhaps proffer some advice?

Of course, the risk is undermining Cook so it really needs to be with his agreement but his reaction to Cheltenham's dominance tonight was little short of baffling.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:36 - Aug 17 with 2235 viewstimothyeo

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:32 - Aug 17 by Ryorry

Tbf, it's perfectly reasonable that with a pretty much brand new squad, owners, infrastructure etc etc., people ask for patience & are prepared to give the manager time to sort out his starting 11 (and we've had injuries + some new signings haven't even played yet) - not to mention formation, tactics etc.

A couple of people have also mentioned players' physical fitness fading quickly tonight, & our revamped sports science dept. has barely had time to get going.

I didnt refer to people who kindly asked for patience, I mean those who jumped down my throat for daring to mention that Cook hadnt delivered anything to us so far.

I was told to ignore last season and to not do so was being petty. Well so far last season has given me an indicator to this one and been fairly spot on.

I understand these guys haven't played together much but if the manager and coaches keep it really simple for now this squad should be comfortably beating these sides.
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:36 - Aug 17 with 2230 viewsCoastalblue

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:30 - Aug 17 by Suffolktractor

Whilst I agree with what you say. We lost tonight due to lack of fight and desire compared to the opposition.
This is not down to coaching, but is totally inexcusable from the team and management.

Personally I think we lost in a large part down to decisions made on the touchline, I might be wrong but the substitutions were wrong in my opinion and when they altered their gameplan to counter us we did nothing back.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

When Cook employed his mates as coaches on 23:38 - Aug 17 with 2224 viewsRomeo4

I have been and remain a big Paul Cook fan. He’s been there and done it time and again and always speaks in an open and honest way which is refreshing compared to what went on before. Player recruitment has also been excellent (I think). The one area that has always concerned me is the people he’s brought in on the direct coaching side.

Not getting Richardson was a blow and I just don’t take any comfort from having the likes of Roberts and Jeffers effectively learning their trade on the job. I would’ve much preferred an experienced 2nd in command to work alongside Cook.

I’m still very much behind Cook but how he needs a couple of wins very soon!!
Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:39 - Aug 17 with 2211 viewsChurchman

Yep, it's been my biggest concern..... on 23:30 - Aug 17 by Suffolktractor

I agree with this. The coaches thing is a red herring. Nobody knows what these people do. For many managers these people are just cone carriers and yes men. For every Taylor to Clough there is a Robson or Ferguson to a it doesn’t matter They’ve been in the professional game for years so should know it.

Picking on peoples qualifications when you don’t know what they actually mean is just a way of putting the boot in. I don’t care if he employs Sooty and Sweep to do the coaching. His business as is owning the performances and results, which are a mile short of what they should be. He is accountable for them now.

Lack of fight and desire compared to the opposition is unacceptable and if it continues for any length of time, Cook will be gone very quickly.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 23:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024