Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat 20:26 - Sep 26 with 5314 viewsjasondozzell

We are lucky to have them!
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 12:04 - Sep 27 with 1944 viewsEwan_Oozami

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:09 - Sep 27 by Ely_Blue

IMHO it was cringeworthy

“Uppa Towen” does nothing to dispel the stereotypes that we are a bunch of country bumpkins

What would you prefer to see? A banner with a detailed explanation of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 12:18 - Sep 27 with 1915 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:58 - Sep 27 by jayessess

Why would we move the organised supporters group away from what was historically the loudest part of the stadium? You'd just end up with 100 fans or so (or however many would form part of BA) trying to make themselves heard over 1000+ away supporters, with a quieter North Stand.

Because its not working as it is and the club will not move the away supporters?
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 12:27 - Sep 27 with 1907 viewsTractorCam

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:59 - Sep 27 by jayessess

From the club's perspective I'm sure they're much concerned about more tangible policing concerns than they are intangible stuff like atmosphere.

But away fans have to walk through fans coming out of the Sir Alf stand anyway. And not forgetting plenty aren't heading to the station and instead the car parks.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 13:22 - Sep 27 with 1874 viewsSlambo

IMHO it was cringeworthy

“Uppa Towen” does nothing to dispel the stereotypes that we are a bunch of country bumpkins

Hey, we all we're all entitled to our opinions and all have different tastes. Think 'cringeworthy' is a bit of a strong adjective, mind. Personally, I think it's very much the opposite. I think we have a strange habit in this part of the world of talking ourselves down and denigrating our culture. When we started BA we thought it was important to give it a little regional flavour, to make it truly ours, because it doesn't seem like anyone does that anywhere else. So we went with a little dialectical phrase that's unique to the Caacker nation. For comparison, see how Newcastle fans react when their supporters put Ha'way The Lads, or Come on The Toon on things...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 13:36 - Sep 27 with 1856 viewschrismakin

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:21 - Sep 27 by Ely_Blue

We don’t all have country yokel accents and only go out of the county when it’s a blue moon and venture into town only on market day….

Just saying I thought it looked a bit tinpot…….. we’re all entitled to our opinions though, thank you for yours

Only thing I think about it is that from afar it looks like towie rather than towen

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 13:47 - Sep 27 with 1833 viewsjayessess

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 12:27 - Sep 27 by TractorCam

But away fans have to walk through fans coming out of the Sir Alf stand anyway. And not forgetting plenty aren't heading to the station and instead the car parks.

Think it's more just that it's easier to steward the away fans if they're far away from the rowdier home fans.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 13:51 - Sep 27 with 1828 viewsjayessess

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 12:18 - Sep 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

Because its not working as it is and the club will not move the away supporters?

"Not working" is relative, isn't it? This would likely make things worse.

For me the problem isn't where BA are, it's simply that we've got a lot of supporters who want someone else to create the atmosphere for them whilst they sit and soak it in.

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 14:49 - Sep 27 with 1773 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 12:27 - Sep 27 by TractorCam

Think that is slightly different than having away fans next to our 'rowdier set of fans' especially from a position that is higher, so its more risk of throwing stuff etc.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 16:56 - Sep 27 with 1711 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 13:51 - Sep 27 by jayessess

For me the problem isn't where BA are, it's simply that we've got a lot of supporters who want someone else to create the atmosphere for them whilst they sit and soak it in.

Very much this. The stand acoustics are shïte, but the main issue is fans just not bothering to contribute to the atmosphere.

Each to their own and all that, but I personally think if you stand in the lower north then you’ve got a duty to back the team. If you want to watch the game in peace, there’s 25,000 other seats to choose from. If you’re in there because you want to ‘experience’ it but you’re not contributing yourself, you’re just making it harder for the rest of us to get it going and diluting the noise even more.

It’s going pretty well in S6 though tbh. We’re growing in the section all the while, and gradually moving folk in that do want to sing whenever seats become available in there. If the football team could give us a hand by winning a few games, I think it could really start to take off.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 17:38 - Sep 27 with 1678 viewschrismakin

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 16:56 - Sep 27 by Blue_Order

Very much this. The stand acoustics are shïte, but the main issue is fans just not bothering to contribute to the atmosphere.

Each to their own and all that, but I personally think if you stand in the lower north then you’ve got a duty to back the team. If you want to watch the game in peace, there’s 25,000 other seats to choose from. If you’re in there because you want to ‘experience’ it but you’re not contributing yourself, you’re just making it harder for the rest of us to get it going and diluting the noise even more.

It’s going pretty well in S6 though tbh. We’re growing in the section all the while, and gradually moving folk in that do want to sing whenever seats become available in there. If the football team could give us a hand by winning a few games, I think it could really start to take off.

Miss the days where Rob would get the stands to compete against each other.

Used to love it going over to the then Brittania stand and nothing happening.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 17:46 - Sep 27 with 1669 viewsbazza

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:17 - Sep 27 by Funge

'“Uppa Towen” does nothing to dispel the stereotypes that we are a bunch of country bumpkins '

That's what we actually are, you fool. The fact you consider this to be an insult, distances you, by definition, from the majority of other fans of this club.

Simply, Suffolk is in East Anglia, which is in the country. We have a Suffolk Punch -a big farm horse! - on our badge.

Know your history, and know where you come from. I'm proud of where I'm from, and my team (altho god knows I query this sometimes).

Well said !!
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 17:54 - Sep 27 with 1653 viewsbazza

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 16:56 - Sep 27 by Blue_Order

Exactly that.. once the results start coming, it will be a whole lot noisier, the fans have returned.. we just need winning ways to follow.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 17:58 - Sep 27 with 1645 viewsGeoffSentence

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:51 - Sep 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Why isn't it just moved?

It can't be that much of an issue moving it 30 metres to the right, supporters can still easily get to the train station, so not a security thing.

I don't get it. Would improve the atmosphere ten fold.

Probably because along with the improved atmosphere you'd also get more problems for security.

You might have noticed a bunch of seats at the bottom of the Sir Alf Lower, kust below the away fans that have been covered up and removed from sale. That was because every week a bunch of lads got seats there and spent the whole game just winding the away fans up resulting in grief for security. Can't imagine sticking the away fans up by our noisy bunch would make things any easier to manage.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 18:06 - Sep 27 with 1637 viewsjayessess

Gotta admit, does my head in sat in the Lower North (S5) just how many are silent when they aren't moaning or talking about their acca. We want players who'll run through brick walls for the club, while we, the lifelong fans, who allegedly love the club and truly bleed blue and white, don't seem to feel much obligation to raise our voices. Maddening, particularly when paired with "I dOn'T lIkE tHaT sOnG", "tHaT bAnNeR iS cRiNgE" nonsense.

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 18:20 - Sep 27 with 1620 viewssnotbucket

I'm afraid I'm one of the 'silent brigade' sitting in the co-op stand near the directors box. I have to say that, for the most part, the atmosphere on Saturday was really good and I for one appreciate the contribution S6 make to it. Nice to see plenty of the north stand (even the upper tier) joining in with S6 singing on occasion. The noise from both home and away supporters was really good.
I personally think the away fans should be moved to the other end of the Cobbold as your more likely to get continuous singing, with opposing supporters bouncing chants off each other, just like the old days in the north stand. Would also love to see some large flags and banners a la Anfield Cop.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 18:48 - Sep 27 with 1588 viewsBurns7

IMHO it was cringeworthy

Aren't you from Ely?
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 19:01 - Sep 27 with 1577 viewsPlums

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 18:06 - Sep 27 by jayessess

Gotta admit, does my head in sat in the Lower North (S5) just how many are silent when they aren't moaning or talking about their acca. We want players who'll run through brick walls for the club, while we, the lifelong fans, who allegedly love the club and truly bleed blue and white, don't seem to feel much obligation to raise our voices. Maddening, particularly when paired with "I dOn'T lIkE tHaT sOnG", "tHaT bAnNeR iS cRiNgE" nonsense.

You’d be amazed at how many didn’t sing in the old North Stand. There are lots of blue tinted specs around but the simple fact is, it was a low tin roof and the away fans were next door but not everyone in there was a singer.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 19:13 - Sep 27 with 1550 viewsjayessess

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 19:01 - Sep 27 by Plums

You’d be amazed at how many didn’t sing in the old North Stand. There are lots of blue tinted specs around but the simple fact is, it was a low tin roof and the away fans were next door but not everyone in there was a singer.

I was 18 when they knocked it down, so everything is blue-tinted specs for me!

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 20:42 - Sep 27 with 1511 viewsstarofanglia

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:58 - Sep 27 by Kieran_Knows

Super work as always.

I was expecting another Stallone rework depicting Paul Cook as Rocky to rival the classic Lambo masterpiece 🙄
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 1508 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 13:51 - Sep 27 by jayessess

Exactly this.

2 of the loudest chants on Saturday were directed at the ref, quite embarrassing really.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 20:51]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 20:51 - Sep 27 with 1501 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 11:26 - Sep 27 by jayessess

What's a football club for if not a bit of local pride, including in our accent? Absolutely nothing wrong with being from the countryside and sounding like it.

Amen to that.

Oooo fookin Arrrrrg buh.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 23:53 - Sep 27 with 1414 viewsBurns7

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 20:50 - Sep 27 by Reuser_is_God

Exactly this.

2 of the loudest chants on Saturday were directed at the ref, quite embarrassing really.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 20:51]

He was awful though.
Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 00:02 - Sep 28 with 1413 viewstextbackup

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 23:53 - Sep 27 by Burns7

He was awful though.

town fans songs noise level

1 - anti ref
2 - anti norwich

3 - pro itfc player songs

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 01:12 - Sep 28 with 1394 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 13:36 - Sep 27 by chrismakin

Only thing I think about it is that from afar it looks like towie rather than towen

That’s because you can’t read.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 09:04 - Sep 28 with 1290 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Blue Action do a great job - great banner on sat on 00:02 - Sep 28 by textbackup

town fans songs noise level

1 - anti ref
2 - anti norwich

3 - pro itfc player songs

we do need more player songs like the murph and joey garner ones
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024