Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... 10:38 - Oct 25 with 8201 viewsitfcjoe

Plymouth (a)
Wycombe (a)
Oxford (h)
Sunderland (a)
Rotherham (h)

Playing 5 of the top 6 - what do we need to come out of that with?

I'd take 9 points now, in fact I'd bite your hand off for it!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:27 - Oct 25 with 1241 viewsFtnfwest

Plymouth is all that matters, worry about the others as and when
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:36 - Oct 25 with 1213 viewsDarth_Koont

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:27 - Oct 25 by Ftnfwest

Plymouth is all that matters, worry about the others as and when

Agreed. Or at least prepare for the Sat/Tues Plymouth and Wycombe games as a pair.

After that we have the FA Cup and FLT games anyway.

It’s a fun, academic exercise for us fans but I’d hope Cook and the team are so busy working on the details of game preparation that they’re not even looking ahead more than a game or two at a time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:41 - Oct 25 with 1201 viewsIllinoisblue

3 wins, draw and a loss for a 10 point haul. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, not at all convinced Plymouth are a good side.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:42 - Oct 25 with 1201 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes I'd bite your hand off for 9 points (not your hand in particular, necessarily...)

It's worth remembering that Lincoln sit 15th, and we've not beaten anyone currently higher than that in the league. Our record against teams currently in the top half is drawn 2, lost 3. We've not yet played the top 6. This is going to be a very interesting few weeks...
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:45 - Oct 25 with 1193 viewspatrickswell

5 points accrued from the first 3 games, 0 points from the last 2.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:47 - Oct 25 with 1188 viewsBeckets

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:45 - Oct 25 by patrickswell

5 points accrued from the first 3 games, 0 points from the last 2.

I can’t see more than 6 points from those 5 games.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:51 - Oct 25 with 1179 viewsVic

Absolutely - though they may not tell us where we’ll be in April!

I’d be happy with 8 points. 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss. If we can come out of this sequence with any sense of pride we’ll have done well.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:52 - Oct 25 with 1180 viewsHerbivore

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:47 - Oct 25 by Beckets

I can’t see more than 6 points from those 5 games.

That would see us on 26 points from our opening 19 games which would constitute a disastrous nearly half season for a side with promotion aspirations. I don't know whether Cook would survive that to be honest. Auto promotion would be gone and play offs would require sustained auto promotion form for the rest of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:16 - Oct 25 with 1151 viewsIllinoisblue

Interestingly, Wycombe just tweeted out they’re on course for their largest home midweek crowd in 20 years when they play us. Love to beat them as they annoy me for no good reason.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:20 - Oct 25 with 1132 viewsMaySixth

5 points

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:28 - Oct 25 with 1111 viewsDurovigutum

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 10:54 - Oct 25 by SomethingBlue

Massive spell for us and really hard to predict. Rather than points I'm going to say I'd be happy if we come out of that having lost only once.

The ones that bother me for very obvious reasons are (as Jake also says) Wycombe and Rotherham. I can't, hand on heart, see us faring well against either of those when they put together a 10 minute spell pinning us back and slinging balls into the box. We struggle on that front against far inferior sides. So putting one of those two away would be a significant forwards step. Quite fancy us at Plymouth actually, while Oxford/Sunderland both beatable.

I put a tenner on each of Rotherham and Wycombe to go up this season when the pundits were fawning over Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday and us - think it was 16 and 18-1. Last year I did the same on Peterborough at 10-1. I think we'll be one of the three, but I don't want to jinx us with a bet....
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:32 - Oct 25 with 1090 viewsNthQldITFC

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:42 - Oct 25 by HighgateBlue

Yes I'd bite your hand off for 9 points (not your hand in particular, necessarily...)

It's worth remembering that Lincoln sit 15th, and we've not beaten anyone currently higher than that in the league. Our record against teams currently in the top half is drawn 2, lost 3. We've not yet played the top 6. This is going to be a very interesting few weeks...

I wipe my bum with both hands, so you can leave me out of it!

W2, D2, L1 = 8pts would be OK

but I'm going for W3, D1, L1 = 10pts

and both hands intact to celebrate promotion with.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:34 - Oct 25 with 1082 viewsMaySixth

Be delighted with 9 points.
Think we will get 6.
That's fine.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:45 - Oct 25 with 1061 viewsGuthrum

Really difficult to predict. A lot depends upon whether we've really turned a corner - particularly defensively.

A more open game might suit our very potent attack, with more space (especially behind a high press) to exploit. But can we prevent the opposition from scoring more than once, keep a clean sheet, even?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:50 - Oct 25 with 1043 viewsSkip_Intro

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:32 - Oct 25 by NthQldITFC

I wipe my bum with both hands, so you can leave me out of it!

W2, D2, L1 = 8pts would be OK

but I'm going for W3, D1, L1 = 10pts

and both hands intact to celebrate promotion with.

christ - how big is your bum??
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:58 - Oct 25 with 1009 viewsBluefish

But what does it all mean? We could lose the lot and people would say we are the best we've ever been. Quite simply good results and no longer good enough we need to win 4 out of the 5

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 14:04 - Oct 25 with 995 viewsFtnfwest

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 12:36 - Oct 25 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Or at least prepare for the Sat/Tues Plymouth and Wycombe games as a pair.

After that we have the FA Cup and FLT games anyway.

It’s a fun, academic exercise for us fans but I’d hope Cook and the team are so busy working on the details of game preparation that they’re not even looking ahead more than a game or two at a time.

I have to say that the one thing that did stick with me from MMs time (this isn’t a dig) was the way he approached the next game like that. I think it’s also the way your mind tends to go when you start feeling a bit more confident in the team and that team has a target in front of it. In all practicality this team is being built to compete with the better teams at this level and even the championship, it is more the well organised ‘smaller’ club teams that give us a problem so the sort of run we have coming up in terms of who we actually play on any given day I don’t think makes a lot of difference.
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 14:12 - Oct 25 with 966 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 11:22 - Oct 25 by franz_tyson

I’m looking at the Plymouth and Oxford games as the most winnable, but we could easily come unstuck.
If we can get a win at Plymouth and a draw at Wycombe, then we’d set ourselves up nicely for Oxford at home.
Bit daunting to look at those 5 games at once. Just get the win at Plymouth to kick things off.

I think Rotherham will be the hardest, but not overly optimistic about travelling to Sunderland and Wycombe.

I think having all these fixtures together like this might actually push us up a gear. I think there's been a touch of complacency about some of the smaller teams (hence getting caught so often after taking the lead). If every individual ups their game slightly because it's seen as a tough run, then the team as a whole will be better.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 14:15 - Oct 25 with 959 viewsKeaneish

10 pts. 2pts per game. How we get them and who we get them makes no odds.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 14:15 - Oct 25 with 955 viewsHerbivore

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:34 - Oct 25 by MaySixth

Think we will get 6.
That's fine.

6 points from 5 games really wouldn't be fine, not after the start we've had. Autos would be gone and we'd need more or less auto form for the rest of the season to make the top 6.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 14:26 - Oct 25 with 920 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:34 - Oct 25 by MaySixth

Think we will get 6.
That's fine.

If we get 6 points from five games, that is absolutely not fine.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 15:01 - Oct 25 with 868 viewsDarth_Koont

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:58 - Oct 25 by Bluefish

But what does it all mean? We could lose the lot and people would say we are the best we've ever been. Quite simply good results and no longer good enough we need to win 4 out of the 5

Chill, pal. You’ve lunged in, missed the ball and overstretched.

We do not “need” to win 4 of the next 5.

Pronouns: He/Him

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 15:45 - Oct 25 with 824 viewsThe_Realist_09

Kind of relishing it and dreading it at the same time. Can't bare the thought of being let down by Ipswich again!

Real tough games. Will really test our defence, if we can keep any team to scoring under 2 we've always got a chance with our attacking threats.

Almost too scared the watch the rugby game down in Wycombe on a Tuesday night!
Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 18:00 - Oct 25 with 761 viewsNthQldITFC

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 13:50 - Oct 25 by Skip_Intro

christ - how big is your bum??

Think Neil Thompson, and then some!

Not really, rather petite actually.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Next 5 games will tell us where we are..... on 18:04 - Oct 25 with 752 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Plymouth - Draw
Wycombe - Win
Oxford - Draw
Sunderland - Lose
Rotherham - Lose

5 points. Meh

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024