Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unfortunately for me Cook has to go 11:06 - Nov 21 with 11004 viewsN2_Blue

Signing a player like Chaplin and having him only play cameos in a side that has only one 6 games league games is criminal.

To be worse off at the same stage as last season with this squad is not good enough.

This isn't just on the back of Sunderland defeat which we didn't deserve but as a season overall it is so far short of where we need to be.

Again Cook failed in a game to change us to get a positive result. People say things have been getting better - 2 defeats in 15 before yesterday - but we don't string wins together and even the goals have completely dried up now.

It's just not good enough. Managers probably don't get enough time these days but stick with the wrong manager too long at a time we have our best chance ever of becoming upwardly mobile again could be disastrous. We cannot afford to be a mid league side and that's all we appear to be under Cook. The lack of consistency is alarming.

Fail to beat Rotherham on Tuesday and i think a significant proportion of the fan base will start to move towards Cook out just as we run in PackoutPR campaign of games.
Season is dangerously close to completely unravelling.

The last two months has done nothing for Town after the bad start, we are actually further away from the top, not closer! Very worrying.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:31 - Nov 21 with 1205 viewsJDB23

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:00 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

Who’s happy we’re 10th in the league? Yesterday was a bitterly disappointing result but calling for Cook to go on the back of it is ridiculous and the stuff of jellyheads. If you want to give that momentum feel free but if you started being vocal about at any game next to me, I’d have no second thoughts about telling you how deluded and short sighted that would be.

Haven't once said I think we should sack Cook now, but he is failing miserably and I wouldn't be disappointed if I were to wake up to news of him going. This reaction really isn't off the back of one result, Accrington, Cambridge, Plymouth, Oxford were all opportunities to close the gap that we threw away. That's also ignoring our disastrous start and our nose dive last season. Not once this season have we looked capable of closing the gap at the top, so only pure and utter blind faith is reason to believe we will going forward.
You need to accept that people.... on 20:35 - Nov 21 with 1199 viewsBloots

My life is full of joy..... on 20:15 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

…he says coming on a football forum with nothing better to do with his evening than constantly moan and polarise people!

...are allowed to have a different opinion to you.

It's not "polarising" just because it's a different view to the one you hold.

All of you happy clappers are more than welcome to carry on, in exactly the same way as those of us who are more realistic and can look at the wider view.

Try and be more tolerant, it will make you a better person.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

When Cook took over..... on 20:37 - Nov 21 with 1184 viewsDarth_Koont

When Cook took over..... on 18:08 - Nov 21 by Mullet

We’ve seen the club relegated because of them. We’ve seen the club spend heavily on a manager and since then a manager and a squad.

Being in league one is not acceptable. Being in league one after this summer, only underlines that. Promotion isn’t really unreasonable expectation, to not be close to even the lottery of playoffs is beyond reproach.

Cook knows that. Pretending otherwise is simply harmful. The least he can do is get us there if hd has any intention of staying here.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 18:17]

Promotion is the target, it isn’t an expectation. Certainly not with a completely new squad. If it is some sort of minimum expectation from fans or Gamechanger then we have a real problem.

Do you really believe that it is after our last 20 years? If so, which team or teams are you comparing with to come up with that?

Cook needs to keep improving us and keep moving us upwards. If he fails to do that then he’s not going to last more than a season.

Pronouns: He/Him

You need to accept that people.... on 20:39 - Nov 21 with 1173 viewsKeaneish

You need to accept that people.... on 20:35 - Nov 21 by Bloots

All of you happy clappers are more than welcome to carry on, in exactly the same way as those of us who are more realistic and can look at the wider view.

Calling people “happy clappers” is exactly what polarising is! And you don’t hold a “wider view” about anything, in fact, you don’t hold a credible single view about a game, ever, all you do is moan about the league table, constantly! It’s really boring. Talk football, that’s what we’re here for.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

It appears to be for some. (n/t) on 20:40 - Nov 21 with 1167 viewsBloots

You are correct..... on 20:24 - Nov 21 by N2_Blue

You keep doing this suggesting people are looking at one game when thy are not, please stop it is annoying.

My view is long term. Cook has had over 30 games!

If we beat Rotherham we are not succeeding. Losing to Sunderland was not failing.

Being 10th in L1 one at this stage of the season is failing.

It's really not difficult to understand.

You need to accept that people.... on 20:40 - Nov 21 with 1164 viewsDarth_Koont

You need to accept that people.... on 20:35 - Nov 21 by Bloots

And people are similarly allowed to think your opinion is just another opinion.

FWIW I don’t think it’s a very realistic or a wider perspective. Quite the opposite.

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:42 - Nov 21 with 1149 viewsKeaneish

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:31 - Nov 21 by JDB23

Haven't once said I think we should sack Cook now, but he is failing miserably and I wouldn't be disappointed if I were to wake up to news of him going. This reaction really isn't off the back of one result, Accrington, Cambridge, Plymouth, Oxford were all opportunities to close the gap that we threw away. That's also ignoring our disastrous start and our nose dive last season. Not once this season have we looked capable of closing the gap at the top, so only pure and utter blind faith is reason to believe we will going forward.

If it’s not now then when is it when the title of your post says, “it’s time for him to go”? The next defeat? The one after? When the ppg dips below a certain level? What’s the plan to replace him as I haven’t seen one credible discussion or any recommendation about how to move it forward from any one.

I agree Rotherham is now a massive game for Cook and he’s put himself under pressure when he shouldn’t be in this situation. We need to win it. Nothing less will do.

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 20:44 - Nov 21 with 1135 viewsBloots

When Cook took over..... on 20:37 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

Promotion is the target, it isn’t an expectation. Certainly not with a completely new squad. If it is some sort of minimum expectation from fans or Gamechanger then we have a real problem.

Do you really believe that it is after our last 20 years? If so, which team or teams are you comparing with to come up with that?

Cook needs to keep improving us and keep moving us upwards. If he fails to do that then he’s not going to last more than a season.

...is he?

What selective metric are you using to state that he is?

The only one I can see is that before the season started we would have been 12th on alphabetical order and we are now 10th.

Login to get fewer ads

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 20:46 - Nov 21 with 1117 viewsDarth_Koont

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 20:44 - Nov 21 by Bloots

...is he?

The only one I can see is that before the season started we would have been 12th on alphabetical order and we are now 10th.

Where were we after 6 games?

"All you do is moan about the league table"..... on 20:47 - Nov 21 with 1102 viewsBloots

You need to accept that people.... on 20:39 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

Calling people “happy clappers” is exactly what polarising is! And you don’t hold a “wider view” about anything, in fact, you don’t hold a credible single view about a game, ever, all you do is moan about the league table, constantly! It’s really boring. Talk football, that’s what we’re here for.

.....do you realise how stupid that sounds?

"Clap, clap, well done Cooky!"

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 20:50 - Nov 21 with 1068 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 11:19 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

Depends how games go, currently 10 points off Rotherham in 2nd but they have game in hand, plus wigan in 3rd have 2 games in hand.
Lose Tuesday and we're effectively 16 points off auto's. Whilst 10 away from top 6 but again games in hand so could be 13 away from even those too.

We won't be getting near the top two this season. Play-offs will be hard work.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

15 places below..... on 20:51 - Nov 21 with 1067 viewsBloots

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 20:46 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

....where we were when he took over.

Not sure what you point is.

When Cook took over..... on 20:52 - Nov 21 with 1058 viewsMullet

When Cook took over..... on 20:37 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

You're right we do have a real problem and it seems to stem from Cook's inability to do better than he has.

Gamechanger didn't come here to overspend in the third tier and watch their potential profits get eaten up by Wycombe and Rotherham. Anyone who believes that is deluded.

It's odd you come to the same conclusion as the rest of us, but insist things are fine right now. They haven't been fine all season. We've socially distanced from promotion.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 20:53 - Nov 21 with 1054 viewsJDB23

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 20:46 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

We didn't need to be near the relegation zone after 6 games though. We have improved relative to the teams in mid table but not really those at the top and our improvement looks like it is faltering during a tougher run of games.

Listen, I really like Cook, I've taken to him more than any manager since BFJ, but so far he's failed to deliver. We need to see drastic improvement of the kind we have yet to experience if we are to have any chance this season. Tuesday could be the start of that but we need to put multiple wins on the bounce together and soon.
15 places below..... on 20:57 - Nov 21 with 1035 viewsDarth_Koont

15 places below..... on 20:51 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....where we were when he took over.

Not sure what you point is.

You know exactly what my point is. You could have acknowledged that we’ve improved a fair bit since then.

But sure, let’s talk about an entirely different squad and season.

We have declined..... on 21:01 - Nov 21 with 1022 viewspositivity

We have declined..... on 20:12 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....we are in a worse position than when he took over.

Literally.

Beating Rotherham won't change that.

Those of us that aren't happy clapping are the ones that are taking the long term view.

nonsense, you can't reach a long term view less than a year after he took over, and a dozen games since his first transfer window closed!

we're improving, let's keep him until that improvement stops

the 'happy clappers' would have kept sir bobby robson in place, alex ferguson in place etc etc. the sad flouncers wouldn't!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

When Cook took over..... on 21:02 - Nov 21 with 1020 viewsDarth_Koont

When Cook took over..... on 20:52 - Nov 21 by Mullet

You're right we do have a real problem and it seems to stem from Cook's inability to do better than he has.

Gamechanger didn't come here to overspend in the third tier and watch their potential profits get eaten up by Wycombe and Rotherham. Anyone who believes that is deluded.

It's odd you come to the same conclusion as the rest of us, but insist things are fine right now. They haven't been fine all season. We've socially distanced from promotion.

You need to read what I’m saying then. I’m not insisting things are fine. I’m just disagreeing with those who say Cook’s failed already. In November.

We need to keep getting better and moving upwards. That’s the wider perspective for this season and beyond. Cook is doing that even if it’s slower than we’d like. And if the improvements are too slow or not enough then he’ll be replaced.

"All you do is moan about the league table"..... on 21:05 - Nov 21 with 1014 viewsKeaneish

"All you do is moan about the league table"..... on 20:47 - Nov 21 by Bloots

.....do you realise how stupid that sounds?

"Clap, clap, well done Cooky!"

Like I said, talk football. No-one’s interested in your miserable dirge week-after-week. Tell you what, I’ll set you a little brief to help you out. After Rotherham, post an appraisal of both halves of the game in two separate paragraphs. You’ll have the beauty of iFollow to help you if you don’t fancy stepping out for this one, seeing as we’re 10th n’all.

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 21:07 - Nov 21 with 1014 viewsitfcjoe

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 20:44 - Nov 21 by Bloots

...is he?

Even now, when you look at the table since the Bolton game we are 7th on points per game below Rotherham, Plymouth, Wycombe, Wigan, MK and Oxford. All of whom were already above us and have extended the gap between us and 6th

We were 9 points of the play offs having played the same amount of games as 6th after the Bolton game - we are now 10 points behind and they have 2 games in hand.

We’ve got 6 games left in 2021, even if we win them all we won’t be in the top 6 come New Year’s Day - we are miles off it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We have declined..... on 21:08 - Nov 21 with 1009 viewsDarth_Koont

We have declined..... on 21:01 - Nov 21 by positivity

nonsense, you can't reach a long term view less than a year after he took over, and a dozen games since his first transfer window closed!

we're improving, let's keep him until that improvement stops

the 'happy clappers' would have kept sir bobby robson in place, alex ferguson in place etc etc. the sad flouncers wouldn't!

Ha! I was thinking the same earlier but about Burley and Sheepshanks. They wouldn’t have lasted long with some of this lot.

“But he didn’t stop us getting relegated and staying in Division 1 is unacceptable. Now you want a 5-year plan!!?? Where’s the ambition!?”

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 21:12 - Nov 21 with 982 viewsDarth_Koont

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 21:07 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

Even now, when you look at the table since the Bolton game we are 7th on points per game below Rotherham, Plymouth, Wycombe, Wigan, MK and Oxford. All of whom were already above us and have extended the gap between us and 6th

We were 9 points of the play offs having played the same amount of games as 6th after the Bolton game - we are now 10 points behind and they have 2 games in hand.

We’ve got 6 games left in 2021, even if we win them all we won’t be in the top 6 come New Year’s Day - we are miles off it

Ahhh New Year’s Day ... forget the rest of the season, lads. It’s done.

What are you talking about?

Sssshhh Joe..... on 21:13 - Nov 21 with 964 viewsBloots

....apparently stating facts means that we:

1. Aren't talking about football.
2. Don't go to matches (ha!)
3. Are wrong

I really don't know what some people are seeing.

He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 21:14 - Nov 21 with 958 viewsJDB23

Yeah, I really do think people are underestimating just how much of an improvement we need to make to achieve anything this season, it's massive. 4 points from our last 12 with the toughest game of the season coming up doesn't exactly scream improvement to me either. I really do hate being negative, I was one of the people having a go at others at the start of the season, but it just hasn't worked so far. Would love nothing more than to be wrong on this.
He's not moving us "upwards" though..... on 21:15 - Nov 21 with 937 viewsKeaneish

Think you’ve miscounted there as there’s 7 games this side of ‘22. Plus Lincoln on Jan 1st we could be in the top 6 by the time we go back to work as well as still in two cups…

Clap, clap. (n/t) on 21:18 - Nov 21 with 915 viewsBloots

"All you do is moan about the league table"..... on 21:05 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

Like I said, talk football. No-one’s interested in your miserable dirge week-after-week. Tell you what, I’ll set you a little brief to help you out. After Rotherham, post an appraisal of both halves of the game in two separate paragraphs. You’ll have the beauty of iFollow to help you if you don’t fancy stepping out for this one, seeing as we’re 10th n’all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024