Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unfortunately for me Cook has to go 11:06 - Nov 21 with 11021 viewsN2_Blue

Signing a player like Chaplin and having him only play cameos in a side that has only one 6 games league games is criminal.

To be worse off at the same stage as last season with this squad is not good enough.

This isn't just on the back of Sunderland defeat which we didn't deserve but as a season overall it is so far short of where we need to be.

Again Cook failed in a game to change us to get a positive result. People say things have been getting better - 2 defeats in 15 before yesterday - but we don't string wins together and even the goals have completely dried up now.

It's just not good enough. Managers probably don't get enough time these days but stick with the wrong manager too long at a time we have our best chance ever of becoming upwardly mobile again could be disastrous. We cannot afford to be a mid league side and that's all we appear to be under Cook. The lack of consistency is alarming.

Fail to beat Rotherham on Tuesday and i think a significant proportion of the fan base will start to move towards Cook out just as we run in PackoutPR campaign of games.
Season is dangerously close to completely unravelling.

The last two months has done nothing for Town after the bad start, we are actually further away from the top, not closer! Very worrying.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The definition of "fail"... on 18:23 - Nov 21 with 864 viewsBloots

You are correct..... on 18:19 - Nov 21 by positivity

define failing? is it "losing away at sunderland despite outplaying them"?

the answer to your quetion is we persist with him in the hope that he continues to turn it around

....is to be unsuccessful in the pursuit of your objective.

So unless our objective is to be 10th in the 3rd Division, then I'd say we are failing.

Many thanks.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Literally no idea what.... on 18:27 - Nov 21 with 849 viewsBloots

Ha ha on 18:22 - Nov 21 by unstableblue

Do you think the MK Dons fans are crying about their 1.82 ppg?!

But to be honest we could be 10 points clear at the top and you’d be moaning

...MK Dons have got to do with anything.

I'd be happy if we were in their position.

We aren't.

If we were in the relegation zone I expect you'd still be happy clapping your way to sleep in your Paul Cook jimmy jams.

The definition of "fail"... on 18:28 - Nov 21 with 849 viewspositivity

The definition of "fail"... on 18:23 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....is to be unsuccessful in the pursuit of your objective.

So unless our objective is to be 10th in the 3rd Division, then I'd say we are failing.

Many thanks.

no-one sets an objective of being in a particular position on 21st november!

his objective will be to get us promoted, but the only time he can achieve this is in may, the bosses will have defined which year

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 18:43 - Nov 21 with 814 viewshunty21

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 11:27 - Nov 21 by N2_Blue

I agree that I'd like to see him make the changes you suggest, but he won't, that is the problem. He also doesn't seem able to utilise his squad and bench during games to any meaningful effect.

The feel good fact around the club is great but it won't last very long if we don't pick up and i don't see it with Cook. How can you say Cook is here for the foreseeable? Depends on what he does and i'm not very hopeful.

If we are 10th In February there is no way Ashton and co won't take action and rightly so.

I do wonder if many people actually watch ipswich play, for the first time in years we are scoring , playing exciting football and performances are high, we need to be United and cheer the team win draw lose we keep going, im sick of us just lookkng and comparing last years standings , yes we need to be higger but there is no denying we sre ckntrolling games and have a chance of scoring compared to lambert years . I would rather be competitive in every game and win/lose than grind out a boring 1-0 now and then, we need to support a manager who hasnt even been in charge for a full season yet
You are correct..... on 18:43 - Nov 21 with 811 viewsHerbivore

You are correct..... on 18:19 - Nov 21 by positivity

define failing? is it "losing away at sunderland despite outplaying them"?

the answer to your quetion is we persist with him in the hope that he continues to turn it around

Failing is sitting 10th in the third division closing in on halfway through the season and needing automatic promotion form for the remainder of our fixtures to have any chance of scraping into the play offs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 18:45 - Nov 21 with 811 viewsjayessess

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 18:43 - Nov 21 by hunty21

I do wonder if many people actually watch ipswich play, for the first time in years we are scoring , playing exciting football and performances are high, we need to be United and cheer the team win draw lose we keep going, im sick of us just lookkng and comparing last years standings , yes we need to be higger but there is no denying we sre ckntrolling games and have a chance of scoring compared to lambert years . I would rather be competitive in every game and win/lose than grind out a boring 1-0 now and then, we need to support a manager who hasnt even been in charge for a full season yet

Wahey it's February 2019 all over again!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This isn't a different club though.... on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 814 viewsDarth_Koont

This isn't a different club though.... on 18:06 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....so, as is often the case, your point is invalid.

It's not complicated.

1. Our club was at a certain position in the league.
2. Cook took over.
3. He made a lot of changes.
4. We are now at a lower position in the league.

That is not an improvement.

Wigan has nothing to do with it.

I think we’re in a much better position with Cook and these players with regard to what we ultimately want to do.

I’ve seen people comparing us unfavourably with last season’s team including our overperformance at the start of last season. Utter madness, especially given the reasonable complaint now is underperformance and a slow start where it’s obvious we have more to give.

I’m a big fan of this slow build. Makes a refreshing change.

Pronouns: He/Him

When Cook took over..... on 18:48 - Nov 21 with 808 viewsDarth_Koont

When Cook took over..... on 18:12 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

Overly high expectations whilst people are talking about a rebuilding season as our 3rd in the 3rd tier…..

What are you talking about?

Login to get fewer ads

This isn't a different club though.... on 19:08 - Nov 21 with 779 viewsHerbivore

This isn't a different club though.... on 18:47 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

I think we’re in a much better position with Cook and these players with regard to what we ultimately want to do.

I’ve seen people comparing us unfavourably with last season’s team including our overperformance at the start of last season. Utter madness, especially given the reasonable complaint now is underperformance and a slow start where it’s obvious we have more to give.

I’m a big fan of this slow build. Makes a refreshing change.

I don't think the plan was ever to be sat in 10th well adrift of the top 6 and out of reach of the top 2 after 18 games. That's not a "slow build", that's underachieving massively.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This isn't a different club though.... on 19:30 - Nov 21 with 743 viewsJDB23

This isn't a different club though.... on 19:08 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

I don't think the plan was ever to be sat in 10th well adrift of the top 6 and out of reach of the top 2 after 18 games. That's not a "slow build", that's underachieving massively.

Genuinely astonishing that after 20 years of failure our fanbase is happy about being 10th in League 1 because we put a few more passes together than Sunderland but still came away with nothing. Bad enough that was an acceptable point of view under Lambert, let alone now with the resources available to us.
Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 19:35 - Nov 21 with 733 viewsrgp1

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 11:22 - Nov 21 by N2_Blue

yep too stubborn and too rigid in his set up/formation.

And ultimately that will cost him his job in the end, whether or not the cook luvvies like it or not. The supporters forum the other week was full of people loving the new set up ( and that's fine,) but no one really challenged the manager on anything, more free hits for him I'm afraid.
Watch the extended highlights of yesterday (10mins) then come back to me (n/t) on 19:44 - Nov 21 with 711 viewsrgp1

Watch the extended highlights of yesterday (10mins) then come back to me (n/t) on 18:05 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

I hate this talk of patience, this fan base deserves so much more than it is getting and has done for some time. The fan numbers are great this season, but they were under Lambert too (pre covid).

We deserve so much better, I don’t understand why everyone is so fixated on Cook - so what if he isn’t the right manager and has to go it’s Ipswich Town FC and not Paul Cook FC, he certainly doesn’t appear to be the messiah

Agreed its seems some think hes pep or something. It's a bit like when we had the Cowley lovefest!
So what you are saying is..... on 19:56 - Nov 21 with 690 viewsKeaneish

So what you are saying is..... on 17:49 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....if we win loads of matches we'll get into the playoffs.

If we carry on as we are, or get worse, then we won't.

Thanks for that.

Fk me you’re depressing. It’s not even just this season, it’s been constant for years. Any enjoyment your life in or do you suck the fun dry in everything you do?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 20:01]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Watch the extended highlights of yesterday (10mins) then come back to me (n/t) on 19:57 - Nov 21 with 687 viewsgazzer1999

Watch the extended highlights of yesterday (10mins) then come back to me (n/t) on 18:05 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

I hate this talk of patience, this fan base deserves so much more than it is getting and has done for some time. The fan numbers are great this season, but they were under Lambert too (pre covid).

We deserve so much better, I don’t understand why everyone is so fixated on Cook - so what if he isn’t the right manager and has to go it’s Ipswich Town FC and not Paul Cook FC, he certainly doesn’t appear to be the messiah

He is a very naughty boy though.
You are correct..... on 19:58 - Nov 21 with 680 viewspositivity

You are correct..... on 18:43 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Failing is sitting 10th in the third division closing in on halfway through the season and needing automatic promotion form for the remainder of our fixtures to have any chance of scraping into the play offs.

this team last year blackpool were "failing", so were brentford, so were man city, so were west ham.

did they sack their managers? were they wrong not to?

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:00 - Nov 21 with 672 viewsKeaneish

This isn't a different club though.... on 19:30 - Nov 21 by JDB23

Genuinely astonishing that after 20 years of failure our fanbase is happy about being 10th in League 1 because we put a few more passes together than Sunderland but still came away with nothing. Bad enough that was an acceptable point of view under Lambert, let alone now with the resources available to us.

Who’s happy we’re 10th in the league? Yesterday was a bitterly disappointing result but calling for Cook to go on the back of it is ridiculous and the stuff of jellyheads. If you want to give that momentum feel free but if you started being vocal about at any game next to me, I’d have no second thoughts about telling you how deluded and short sighted that would be.

You are correct..... on 20:01 - Nov 21 with 670 viewsN2_Blue

You are correct..... on 18:16 - Nov 21 by Bloots

.....but he is currently "failing".

The question is should we carry on persisting with him in the hope that he turns it around, or do we wait until he has actually failed before we get rid?

exactly this...he is failing at this current moment

Unfortunately for me Cook has to go on 20:02 - Nov 21 with 667 viewsitfcsuth

We aren’t where we want to be right now, but we have have made progress since that poor start, an away day at Sunderland where we deserved so much more is not a deciding factor for Cook to go.

Wycombe, Oxford, Sunderland. W1 D1 L1. We are in a tough run, but think we have to look again how we come through until after the Lincoln game for me.

Changes need to be made in the starting XI for me though. Chaplin, Fraser, Pigott and Burgess need to come in.
You are correct..... on 20:04 - Nov 21 with 663 viewspositivity

You are correct..... on 20:01 - Nov 21 by N2_Blue

exactly this...he is failing at this current moment

and if we beat rotherham we're succeeding at that current moment, you need to have more of a long term view.

are we improving? yes
are we capable of improving further? yes
then keep him

if we decline then you rethink
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 20:06]

My life is full of joy..... on 20:06 - Nov 21 with 652 viewsBloots

So what you are saying is..... on 19:56 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

Fk me you’re depressing. It’s not even just this season, it’s been constant for years. Any enjoyment your life in or do you suck the fun dry in everything you do?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 20:01]

....it's just my football team that remains crap.

Luckily I don't need to pretend anything different, unlike some people.

Keep up the happy clapping.

We have declined..... on 20:12 - Nov 21 with 639 viewsBloots

You are correct..... on 20:04 - Nov 21 by positivity

and if we beat rotherham we're succeeding at that current moment, you need to have more of a long term view.

are we improving? yes
then keep him

....we are in a worse position than when he took over.

Literally.

Beating Rotherham won't change that.

Those of us that aren't happy clapping are the ones that are taking the long term view.

My life is full of joy..... on 20:15 - Nov 21 with 624 viewsKeaneish

My life is full of joy..... on 20:06 - Nov 21 by Bloots

....it's just my football team that remains crap.

Luckily I don't need to pretend anything different, unlike some people.

Keep up the happy clapping.

…he says coming on a football forum with nothing better to do with his evening than constantly moan and polarise people!

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:23 - Nov 21 with 608 viewsDarth_Koont

This isn't a different club though.... on 19:08 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Hardly well adrift.

Cook needs to do better and keep the team improving. I don’t see anyone, least of all Cook and the team, who disagrees with that. But generally we have been getting better.

And it’s still November.

You are correct..... on 20:24 - Nov 21 with 603 viewsN2_Blue

You are correct..... on 20:04 - Nov 21 by positivity

are we improving? yes
then keep him

You keep doing this suggesting people are looking at one game when thy are not, please stop it is annoying.

My view is long term. Cook has had over 30 games!

If we beat Rotherham we are not succeeding. Losing to Sunderland was not failing.

Being 10th in L1 one at this stage of the season is failing.

It's really not difficult to understand.

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:30 - Nov 21 with 577 viewsKeaneish

This isn't a different club though.... on 20:23 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

Hardly well adrift.

Cook needs to do better and keep the team improving. I don’t see anyone, least of all Cook and the team, who disagrees with that. But generally we have been getting better.

And it’s still November.

It’s ridiculous. We’ve clearly been on the up yet an underserved defeat and the world has ended and Cook has to go. We haven’t scored in two league games and now the ‘goals have dried up’. We fail to break Sunderland down and Cook is terrible as there’s no Plan B…

Football fans grasping for anything they can whilst losing sense of perspective, yet again. Man up lads because we’re going to lose a few more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024