Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” 23:39 - Nov 21 with 13282 viewsCotty

Get. Jabbed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 1393 viewsPinewoodblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:41 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Same for me. Saw the hotline number, called to book but was told that my booster had to be no less than six months after my second dose.

They updated the process to enable you to prebook a month in advance.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:18 - Nov 22 with 1393 viewseastangliaisblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:43 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

Sorry for your loss mate, that's awful.

To be honest with you, and this will sound brutal, I have little sympathy for her. Her son on the other hand, my heart weeps.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:26 - Nov 22 with 1348 viewsSteve_M

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:34 - Nov 22 by eastangliaisblue

I'm glad this thread has been started as I was going to myself today.

No one will probably remember, but earlier in the year I started a thread about my anti-vax cousin. We fell out over the constant rubbish she kept posting about Covid and the vaccine. She died in hospital on Friday after catching Covid. She had no other health issues. She leaves behind a 13 year old son. Imagine what he is now going through because of her own stupidity.

Get vaccinated.

That's very sad and so bloody pointless. My condolences.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:33 - Nov 22 with 1320 viewsSwansea_Blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:34 - Nov 22 by eastangliaisblue

I'm glad this thread has been started as I was going to myself today.

No one will probably remember, but earlier in the year I started a thread about my anti-vax cousin. We fell out over the constant rubbish she kept posting about Covid and the vaccine. She died in hospital on Friday after catching Covid. She had no other health issues. She leaves behind a 13 year old son. Imagine what he is now going through because of her own stupidity.

Get vaccinated.

I do remember indeed. Such a tragic, unnecessary waste.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:44 - Nov 22 with 1261 viewseastangliaisblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:33 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

I do remember indeed. Such a tragic, unnecessary waste.

It is totally unnecessary. I just don't get how people can be so easily fooled/lead by a load of crap on social media.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:53 - Nov 22 with 1242 viewsIllinoisblue

Had my Pfizer booster jab Saturday. Quick, painless, can save you from getting seriously Ill or worse. Will never understand why people are against common sense.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:58 - Nov 22 with 1227 viewstextbackup

i had covid as recent as last week. double jabbed. my god did i feel sht.

thankfully no breathing issues, which the jab may/may not have kept at bay, but i didnt fancy the risk.

what i will say, is the 6/7 days i felt rough for weren't as bad as the 36hrs i felt terrible for after jab 1.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:58 - Nov 22 with 1223 viewsgiant_stow

"Probably by the end of this winter, as is sometimes cynically said, pretty much everyone in Germany will be vaccinated, cured or dead,"
German Health Minister.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:10 - Nov 22 with 1194 viewsleitrimblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:04 - Nov 22 by hype313

Sadly a good friend of mine has turned out to be Anti Vaxx and it's pretty much tarnished our friendship of 30 years, not that I have any great opinion on how others want to look at it, it's more the fact that he's turned so dogmatic he's like a Jehovah on steroids

Unfortunately can't see us getting back to where we were.

I'm possibly outnumbered by anti vaxers, if not it must be about 50/50. Have a friend who hasn't spoke to us since last summer when I was refusing to accept covid was somehow connected to Bill Gates. I would guess that perhaps as many as half of that anti vax group don't really mix with anyone who doesn't 100% agree with um
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:13 - Nov 22 with 1188 viewsIllinoisblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:44 - Nov 22 by eastangliaisblue

It is totally unnecessary. I just don't get how people can be so easily fooled/lead by a load of crap on social media.

The amount of misinformation and lies on social media is staggering. And people who get sucked into believing that crap quite simply can not be reasoned with. One girl I was at school with posts endless guff daily, one recent highlight a video from tik tok of some fat fooking moron claiming the vaccine gave her multiple sclerosis. These are dangerous times.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:18 - Nov 22 with 1152 viewsRyorry

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:10 - Nov 22 by leitrimblue

I'm possibly outnumbered by anti vaxers, if not it must be about 50/50. Have a friend who hasn't spoke to us since last summer when I was refusing to accept covid was somehow connected to Bill Gates. I would guess that perhaps as many as half of that anti vax group don't really mix with anyone who doesn't 100% agree with um

Sorry to hear that, don't know about you but it was a complete shock to me when the 2 friends I mentioned earlier replied to my question last year "have you been given your first Covid jab date yet?" with "I won't be getting any of those jabs".

I think my jaw dropped to the floor as they're otherwise intelligent people.

Whereabouts are you located - ROI?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:19 - Nov 22 with 1154 viewshype313

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:10 - Nov 22 by leitrimblue

What's laughable is these people call themselves "Critical Thinkers" the only thing critical they have is the fact that they could end up in critical condition should they succumb the Covid.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:27 - Nov 22 with 1110 viewsleitrimblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:18 - Nov 22 by Ryorry

Sorry to hear that, don't know about you but it was a complete shock to me when the 2 friends I mentioned earlier replied to my question last year "have you been given your first Covid jab date yet?" with "I won't be getting any of those jabs".

I think my jaw dropped to the floor as they're otherwise intelligent people.

Whereabouts are you located - ROI?

Yer, Co Leitrim in the North West of Ireland, close to the border. North Co leitrim is very rural and absolutely rammed with English hippies/new age travellers/alternative types( it's a bit of a mountainous no man's land near the border with minimal policing). 90% of the anti vaxers are from this group. There was always a lot of conspiracy theorist amongst um. They have just traded chem trails, 5G, etc for covid
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:28 - Nov 22 with 1090 viewsleitrimblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:19 - Nov 22 by hype313

What's laughable is these people call themselves "Critical Thinkers" the only thing critical they have is the fact that they could end up in critical condition should they succumb the Covid.

Yer, exactly. Apparently I'm just a sheep 😁
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:34 - Nov 22 with 1069 viewsEwan_Oozami

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:28 - Nov 22 by leitrimblue

I always find it fascinating that they don't apply their own critical thinking to the theories they do believe in....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:34 - Nov 22 with 1067 viewsRyorry

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:27 - Nov 22 by leitrimblue

Yer, Co Leitrim in the North West of Ireland, close to the border. North Co leitrim is very rural and absolutely rammed with English hippies/new age travellers/alternative types( it's a bit of a mountainous no man's land near the border with minimal policing). 90% of the anti vaxers are from this group. There was always a lot of conspiracy theorist amongst um. They have just traded chem trails, 5G, etc for covid

Ah right, thanks. Interesting to hear about that grouping, hadn't realised there was a coalescing like that - sounds like the ex-hippy/alt one of my two antis would fit right in, sadly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:46 - Nov 22 with 1042 viewsleitrimblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:34 - Nov 22 by Ryorry

Ah right, thanks. Interesting to hear about that grouping, hadn't realised there was a coalescing like that - sounds like the ex-hippy/alt one of my two antis would fit right in, sadly.

Yer, from my experience the majority of the hippie/alt community seem to be quite anti vax. A minority of um have even gone full Trump supporting Qanon.Far right hippies...
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:54 - Nov 22 with 1021 viewsSteve_M

Just on the impact of policy levers where all else is failing:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:24 - Nov 22 with 956 viewsfactual_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:42 - Nov 22 by Bluesky

"When you’re dead you don’t know you’re dead. It’s only difficult for the others. The same goes when you’re stupid." Anon.

It appears to be a RIcky Gervais quote.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:25 - Nov 22 with 954 viewsHerbivore

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:28 - Nov 22 by leitrimblue

You're not all baaaaaaaad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:30 - Nov 22 with 953 viewsfactual_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:44 - Nov 22 by eastangliaisblue

At least part of the reason is that it can be difficult to keep up with or understand the science. Particularly when understanding of the virus is developing so rapidly.

Believing that it's all a fake is easier for many to digest. Particularly if they're unfamiliar with the notion of empiricism.

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:36 - Nov 22 with 934 viewsfactual_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:18 - Nov 22 by eastangliaisblue

To be honest with you, and this will sound brutal, I have little sympathy for her. Her son on the other hand, my heart weeps.

It's such an unspeakable tragedy for him.

Sadly, the deniers will have some risible 'explanation' for her death and continue to ignore the bleeding obvious.

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:45 - Nov 22 with 907 viewstextbackup

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:13 - Nov 22 by Illinoisblue

The amount of misinformation and lies on social media is staggering. And people who get sucked into believing that crap quite simply can not be reasoned with. One girl I was at school with posts endless guff daily, one recent highlight a video from tik tok of some fat fooking moron claiming the vaccine gave her multiple sclerosis. These are dangerous times.

mate of mine

"i was walking my dog down ellenbrook catting to a bloke who lives next door to a dr, and he said him and all his team arent getting jab as not tested correctly...."

riiiiiight

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:50 - Nov 22 with 889 viewsDinDjarin

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:05 - Nov 22 by clive_baker

I read an article a few weeks back, I think it was Manchester Royal Infirmary, their Covid ward had about 50 seriously sick patients, every single one was unvaccinated. Among them, 40 year olds in otherwise good health, who hadn't had the vaccine because they couldn't be bothered, or work had 'got in the way', or they read some made up b0llocks on facebook that put them off. Unsurprisingly there's a huge amount of regret amongst those people and their families. Real people, dying unneccesarily.

Get a vaccine. Get a booster.

65% of people hospitalized are vaccinated unless something has changed, in fact I expect that to be higher now as more and more people are fully vaccinated.

https://fullfact.org/health/economist-vaccination-status/
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:03 - Nov 22 with 1070 viewsHerbivore

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:50 - Nov 22 by DinDjarin

65% of people hospitalized are vaccinated unless something has changed, in fact I expect that to be higher now as more and more people are fully vaccinated.

https://fullfact.org/health/economist-vaccination-status/

Although that's hospital admissions rather than those needing treatment on ICUs. The article in the OP notes that double jabbed folk are requiring treatment on the general wards but that in ICU it is primarily the unvaccinated.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024