Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” 23:39 - Nov 21 with 13285 viewsCotty

Get. Jabbed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:12 - Nov 22 with 1673 viewsnodge_blue

Its "interesting" that Europe is facing a rougher time than the UK right now.

There was alot of debate, including on here, about us opening up too soon in the Summer. That now looks a better decision than many would acknowledge.

As in many things in life, theres a lot of nuance to the covid debate, rather than some of the back and white that can be painted.

Its a disease we will have to live with for decades. Hopefully vaccines, treatments etc will make it alot better and this is the last Winter where its a significant concern.

But for now, people should get vaccinated for themselves and society as a whole.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 13:16]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:14 - Nov 22 with 1650 viewsSteve_M

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:12 - Nov 22 by nodge_blue

There was alot of debate, including on here, about us opening up too soon in the Summer. That now looks a better decision than many would acknowledge.

As in many things in life, theres a lot of nuance to the covid debate, rather than some of the back and white that can be painted.

Its a disease we will have to live with for decades. Hopefully vaccines, treatments etc will make it alot better and this is the last Winter where its a significant concern.

But for now, people should get vaccinated for themselves and society as a whole.

People keep cherry-picking time frames here, both those who want to make the UK out as a sterling success and those who want to do the opposite. That doesn't help informed debate.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:17 - Nov 22 with 1615 viewsDinDjarin

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:03 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

Although that's hospital admissions rather than those needing treatment on ICUs. The article in the OP notes that double jabbed folk are requiring treatment on the general wards but that in ICU it is primarily the unvaccinated.

Maybe but more vaccinated people are passing away than unvaccinated which is down to the % take up of the vaccine.

To say the wards and icu are full of only unvaccinated is not true.

https://fullfact.org/health/health-guardian-podcast-vaccinated-deaths/
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 13:20]
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:18 - Nov 22 with 1610 viewsPinewoodblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:03 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

Although that's hospital admissions rather than those needing treatment on ICUs. The article in the OP notes that double jabbed folk are requiring treatment on the general wards but that in ICU it is primarily the unvaccinated.

It is worth pointing out that less than 1,000 people in UK are currently in ICU.

Also while the number being admitted to hospital with Covid in last 7 days is less than 7,000 there are less than 9,000 currently in hospital with Covid. This suggests to me that those currently being admitted into hospital are, on average, spending less time in hospital than a year ago.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:22 - Nov 22 with 1573 viewsN2_Blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 11:10 - Nov 22 by leitrimblue

I'm possibly outnumbered by anti vaxers, if not it must be about 50/50. Have a friend who hasn't spoke to us since last summer when I was refusing to accept covid was somehow connected to Bill Gates. I would guess that perhaps as many as half of that anti vax group don't really mix with anyone who doesn't 100% agree with um

Bloody hell

Out of my close circle of family and friends approx 50 people) not a single one is antic vax and everyone has had their jabs, (or at least one jab if a minor).

i don't think i could tolerate anti vax people and to say you are surrounded 50/50 by them would probably send me over the edge. Do they have dubious views on other stuff?

Get jabbed people...please

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:25 - Nov 22 with 1526 viewsleitrimblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:25 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

You're not all baaaaaaaad.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaalls
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:35 - Nov 22 with 1460 viewsitfc_bucks

I have a family member and their partner, neither of whom have had a jab yet. All they've said is that for their own reasons, they're not having it.

We've said that that's their view, but ours is that, because they represent an unacceptable risk, we wont be seeing them and they won't be anywhere near our kids.

They're just too much of a risk.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:35 - Nov 22 with 1452 viewsEwan_Oozami

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:50 - Nov 22 by DinDjarin

65% of people hospitalized are vaccinated unless something has changed, in fact I expect that to be higher now as more and more people are fully vaccinated.

https://fullfact.org/health/economist-vaccination-status/

Indeed, it's an entirely expected consequence of Bayes Theorem.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:37 - Nov 22 with 1438 viewsleitrimblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:22 - Nov 22 by N2_Blue

Bloody hell

Out of my close circle of family and friends approx 50 people) not a single one is antic vax and everyone has had their jabs, (or at least one jab if a minor).

i don't think i could tolerate anti vax people and to say you are surrounded 50/50 by them would probably send me over the edge. Do they have dubious views on other stuff?

Get jabbed people...please

Yer, a few of um we're always a bit prone to a conspiracy theory or 2, 5G, even chem trails. But that's gone from a few of the group to the majority. I find every week it gets harder to listen to their bullsh1te an not take the p1ss.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:40 - Nov 22 with 1420 viewsIllinoisblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 12:45 - Nov 22 by textbackup

mate of mine

"i was walking my dog down ellenbrook catting to a bloke who lives next door to a dr, and he said him and all his team arent getting jab as not tested correctly...."

riiiiiight

It’s just bizarre. These people presumably have flu shots and get their kids vaccinated for measles, mumps etc. yet a covid vax is all part of a global conspiracy apparently. Mad

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:58 - Nov 22 with 1373 viewsbelgablue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:40 - Nov 22 by Illinoisblue

It’s just bizarre. These people presumably have flu shots and get their kids vaccinated for measles, mumps etc. yet a covid vax is all part of a global conspiracy apparently. Mad

A close friend of Mrs Belga is anti vax - has bought and uses the line ‘we don’t know what we’re putting in our bodies’.

She does have Botox though

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 14:15 - Nov 22 with 1329 viewsfactual_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:35 - Nov 22 by itfc_bucks

I have a family member and their partner, neither of whom have had a jab yet. All they've said is that for their own reasons, they're not having it.

We've said that that's their view, but ours is that, because they represent an unacceptable risk, we wont be seeing them and they won't be anywhere near our kids.

They're just too much of a risk.

Similarly one of my wife's family won't have it (he's mentioned both a morbid fear of needles and having his DNA altered), so we won't be seeing him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 14:18 - Nov 22 with 1308 viewsfactual_blue

I wonder if any of the board's anti-vaxxers are in hospital with Covid?

#ISWAHOFC

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 14:24 - Nov 22 with 1292 viewsRyorry

65% of people hospitalized are vaccinated unless something has changed, in fact I expect that to be higher now as more and more people are fully vaccinated.

As *most* people are aware now, protection wanes after a few months - hence the booster roll-out, & consequent drop in that %.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 14:26 - Nov 22 with 1287 viewsSwansea_Blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:14 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

People keep cherry-picking time frames here, both those who want to make the UK out as a sterling success and those who want to do the opposite. That doesn't help informed debate.

Quite. It's the equivalent of getting excited about our 'playoff form' over a 6 game period, i.e. largely meaningless on it's own. People were trying to make political capital out of the England's early vaccination start, for example. Not only compared to other countries outside the Union, but Wales and Scotland were also being criticised for lagging behind England at the start, despite both saying they were laying the foundations for longer success by putting the infrastructure in place. Turns out both those countries were right and Scotland and Wales have the best vaccine rates in the UK at the monet (only just mind). Turns out other countries elsewhere caught up and overtook us too. The whole picture is more revealing than a snapshot (and today is a snapshot up to now of course- things could well be different again a few months).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 14:49 - Nov 22 with 1234 viewsnodge_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:14 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

I like a nice cherry.

I think you actually helping make my point. People are quick to jump up and down when all we are ever doing is trying to make difficult decisions in a shifting landscape.

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:01 - Nov 22 with 1195 viewsRyorry

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 14:49 - Nov 22 by nodge_blue

I like a nice cherry.

I think you actually helping make my point. People are quick to jump up and down when all we are ever doing is trying to make difficult decisions in a shifting landscape.

Telling people to keep masked in crowded public places isn't a "difficult" decision unless you're an exceptionally stupid, uncaring, amoral, incompetent & corrupt "Prime" Minister who can't be a'd to wear one himself, even when visiting a hospital.

And the stats on how good masks are at stopping infection rates from soaring have never shifted much.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:03 - Nov 22 with 1174 viewsnodge_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:01 - Nov 22 by Ryorry

Telling people to keep masked in crowded public places isn't a "difficult" decision unless you're an exceptionally stupid, uncaring, amoral, incompetent & corrupt "Prime" Minister who can't be a'd to wear one himself, even when visiting a hospital.

And the stats on how good masks are at stopping infection rates from soaring have never shifted much.

True, but that wasn't the point I was making :-).

Actually for the point of debate I'll edit this. Mask wearing. As far as Im aware it was mandatory to wear them on trains....I assume it still is though Im not sure tbh.

When i last got on a train to Ipswich from Norwich for a football match, me and my son both wore masks. But we were very much the minority. Virtually all under 30s didnt. And even above that demographic was patchy. So what do you do? Do you start to arrest those people? Then you're in a Austria type scenario where riots start.

So Id say compulsory mask wearing is a thorny issue when large parts of society will not comply as it then becomes how do you enforce it.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 15:14]

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:20 - Nov 22 with 1130 viewsEwan_Oozami

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:03 - Nov 22 by nodge_blue

True, but that wasn't the point I was making :-).

Actually for the point of debate I'll edit this. Mask wearing. As far as Im aware it was mandatory to wear them on trains....I assume it still is though Im not sure tbh.

When i last got on a train to Ipswich from Norwich for a football match, me and my son both wore masks. But we were very much the minority. Virtually all under 30s didnt. And even above that demographic was patchy. So what do you do? Do you start to arrest those people? Then you're in a Austria type scenario where riots start.

So Id say compulsory mask wearing is a thorny issue when large parts of society will not comply as it then becomes how do you enforce it.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 15:14]

The point is, you wearing a mask has nothing to do with anyone else wearing one or not......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:24 - Nov 22 with 1111 viewsclive_baker

I was referencing a specific article. Found it.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/the-regret-

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:27 - Nov 22 with 1101 viewsclive_baker

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:17 - Nov 22 by DinDjarin

Maybe but more vaccinated people are passing away than unvaccinated which is down to the % take up of the vaccine.

To say the wards and icu are full of only unvaccinated is not true.

https://fullfact.org/health/health-guardian-podcast-vaccinated-deaths/
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 13:20]

Please don't misquote me. I was referencing a specific article, which I've shared.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:27 - Nov 22 with 1100 viewsnodge_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:20 - Nov 22 by Ewan_Oozami

The point is, you wearing a mask has nothing to do with anyone else wearing one or not......

Im not sure I follow.

But anyway, im just a bit bored on a Monday afternoon really.

Going to see Lincoln play Portsmouth tomorrow night as my son wanted to - and annoyingly missing Rotherham - so I'll do a sample check on the train again !!

Do we actually have any..... on 15:29 - Nov 22 with 1094 viewsBloots

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 14:18 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

I wonder if any of the board's anti-vaxxers are in hospital with Covid?

#ISWAHOFC

....anti-vaxxers on here?

Or just a few turds that don't like wearing a mask?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 15:32 - Nov 22 with 1072 viewsFreddies_Ears

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 13:12 - Nov 22 by nodge_blue

We should not overlook that UK has had far higher Covid rates and deaths per million than pretty much anywhere in Europe ever since the summer opening up. The friends and families of the 1000 or so people who have died each week since then might well disagree that we were right to open up. Maintaining mask-wearing and encouragement to work from home where reasonable would have made a positive difference. Vaccinating over-12s before term started would have made a huge positive difference.
Rest of Europe is catching up now the weather has changed and lives have moved back indoors. Countries with very high vaccination rates (that does not include UK, we're very much 'in the pack') have noticeably lower case rates and mortality.
Do we actually have any..... on 15:39 - Nov 22 with 1043 viewsWD19

Do we actually have any..... on 15:29 - Nov 22 by Bloots

....anti-vaxxers on here?

Or just a few turds that don't like wearing a mask?

I think we have a special category of scum who are personally vaccinated but quite enjoy trying to encourage others to put their lives at risk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024